July 25, 2014 | 1573 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Emleepinky

If it wasn't for the colour this would be a really nice powder. It has a nice texture, sets foundation well, doesn't make my skin look flaky and lasts pretty well too. I have this in the new invisible blend shade and it just isnt invisible. It looks slightly grey in the pot and goes on muddy looking on me, I only wanted this to set my foundation and I have a shiseido compact to take out with me for touch ups so I can still get away with using the clinique powder as long as it only gets applied once. The weird thing is that I used to have the compact powder in the invisible matte shade and that was great on me so I assumed this would be the same although sadly it isnt. I honestly dont know what skintone this would be good for because my skin is yellow toned and it doesnt work well on me, the powder is not at all pinky so I dont think it would be good on pink or neutral skin tones. Perhaps it would be ok on people who are very dark skinned? I love clinique skincare but their foundations and powders come in such horrible pink and muddy colours! I will continue to use this although I doubt I will finish the pot because its huge and will last forever and I'll probably want to try something better before it runs out, I definately wont be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this in their new shade, Invisible Blend that just came out for Spring 2008. I thought it would work for me since Transparency 2 was a bit too pink for me. This turned out to be too muddy on me. I really wanted to like it though, and kept trying it with a lighter hand, a brush, a velour puff... but still the same muddy result. I have a very very fair complexion with pink undertones, and always take the lightest shade in powders. But when I put this on it looks like my face is a little dirty :( too bad too because the actual powder is great, its sets foundation nicely and keeps my nose from being shiny. Its up for swap on my list. Oh well. At least it was only $20.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got to be honest... I've bought this product because of the great reviews on this site. I was looking for a good face powder, to set my foundation and I didn't want to spent too much money. In one word, this powder is GREAT. It makes my skin even more even that the foundation already does (I'm using Teint Idole Lancome). I was so excited that I've tried to use it on bare skin (with just moisterizer on my face) and it was great too. Of course, it didn't cover as wel as the foundation does (duh, it's a powder...) but I was pleasantly suprise by the effect it gave. I also like the tiney little sparkles in it. There's just enough in the powder. I hate those powders where your face looks like a discoball. It's great for a night out, but terrible for everyday use. In fact, it has just enough sparkles to make your face glow, to give it a healthy touch. When I first bought it, I thought that the 03 was too light. The 004 was too pink for me. But the 03 is great, since it's transparance you don't see any color. It matches my skintone good, not perfect. That's the reason why I give this 4 lippies instead of 5: the color choice is not great and since Clinique is pretending to be an old time favorite, I don't understand why they don't make more color choice in this powder, but that aside, I just LUV it.
So, the brush that comes with it... people don't read the packaging I've noticed (same goes for Faux Cils YSL, bad reviews on the brush -> driying out, but on the packaging it says: clean the brush once a week. If you do that you don't have a problem). Same for this powder. It says that fot the best result, you have to put the powder on with your fingers (I admit, I prefer a brush). You sweep the access powder off with the brush. In that why it works great. I use the little brush also in my purse. I just don't wanna travel with the big jar, so I put a powder on the brush, close it and dure out the day I touch up with that. Workst GREAT!
So, if you're looking for a good powder, that isn't expensive and does the job... this powder is THE ONE
Tanja

Edit: have to say it: it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO great. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it is still incredible. Really, TRY THIS

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by cazs

when i first got my superbalanced foundation the SA reccommended i get this to set it in place. I cant make any comparsions to any other loose powders cos this is the only 1 ive ever tried. I prefer loose to pressed powders becasue they r more natural & its easier to apply it evenly. Anyway the brush with it is useless, it goes straight in the bin every time. I wish u cud buy the sponge/brush that comes with products separately if u do want it rather than having to pay for it inclusive in the price every time u re-purchase esp if u never even use it the first time, but thats a general gripe not specific to cliniqe. i apply it with a big cosmopolitan powder brush from superdrug only cost a few pounds and u use it every day so its no big deal. the brush they give u is all stiff and tiny. You can apply it with ur fingers but i personally prefer not to coswhenever i touch my face with my fingers, the natural oils in ur finger take off the foundation. i have it in transparency neutral and as the name suggests doesnt really serve to colour ur face in any way just to set ur liquid foundation in place. i make sure to brush it into my jaw and hairline. I also sometimes use it over foundation to cover blemishes or breakouts using the end of a cotton bud. it does seem to even my skin out tho. lasting power is pretty good. plenty in the tub, lasts ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Akashka

I bought this because i likeclinic products a lot for they have no smell and I needed a loos powder. What I liked about this is that it came with it's own travel brush ! :) I have it in Transparency ntural ( 08 ). It offers a great coverage, very natural and lasts quite great compared to everything I could have tested until this. Texture is light and silky, it's a great pleasure to use this powder, i even find it bettr than compact powder !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:22:00 AM More reviews by meera101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! Im a big clinique fan anyway but had never tried using powder. So I asked for this 4 Xmas. I wasn't expecting any miracles, I just thought id use it over my foundation just as a finishing touch. But as we wasn't going anywhere xmas day I thought Id give it a go on bare skin. I was so suprised!! I used a big brush and applied it to my face with circle movements, after it looked fantastic, my skin seemed a really even tone and had a glowy yet not glittery look to it. It so quick and easy that I have decided to use it every day as opposed to a foundation, I think this will also save me £money£ as there is so much in the pot it will last must longer than foundation. Using it on its own wont be for everyone, but im sure most people could benefit by using a light dusting over there foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this today and I love it! I had been using Clinique's Gentle Light Powder for the past year or so but decided I wanted something less sparkly and more matte. This powder is amazing. It provides a healthy glow and a nice satin finish. You just can't go wrong with it. I also love the fact that it lasts forever, even if you use it every day. It might not be very good for people with very oily skin, but other than that, this is the perfect matte loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by tmika

I love it as a finishing powder over my supfit liquid foundation. The salesperson told me a trick that works great. Put the powder in your hand and rub until warm and then tap on your skin. It really helps to control my oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jujilover87

i luv all clinique products (ima clinique grly!) and this is no exception...its very good powder and i sometimes just put it on my bare face and it works great....pretty good coverage for being translucent..and best of all it doesnt break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jenanddan79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great powder. Semi good staying power, but I dont like a lot of heavy m.u. anyways, I just use this with the sheer moisture tint and thats all. My skin feels SOOOOOO soft after using the DDML, and then this powder. OMG. really, it feels that good. I saw in another review that someone said it made their skin feel soft, and didnt know how a powder would really do that, but it does!! Great stuff!!!