September 2, 2014 | 1937 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are two containers: a squeeze tube and a jar. The tube is better. It fits in the shower and is more sanitary. Now, about the grains. They are rather big but they don't hurt. Yes, you don't want them in your eyes. But the payoff is worth it. Skin is refreshed and clear. I use it once or twice a week. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product contributed to saving my skin and restoring a soft texture. I began using this product when I got a severe allergic reaction to a combination of acne solutions that left my skin red, dried, peeling and just overall severely severely irritated! I decided to go for more natural products that didn't have the heavy chemicals that caused my skin reaction but would still clean my skin. When I found this product there were some mixed reviews but I just needed a scrub that would help my skin shed some of the dry irritated skin. Ever since then I have depended on the apricot scrub as well as the green tea scrub from St. Ives!

The apricot scrub is for sure a heavy product to use with large grains in it to exfoliate your skin. If you find your skin is super sensitive to large grains in your scrub then you probably shouldn't be using a scrub in the first place but this product will not be for you and you should better go with the green tea scrub or a cleanser. The scrub deep cleans my skin and leaves my skin fresh every morning. I usually follow up with a toner and moisturizer to keep up a skin routine. I have sensitive skin and this product never once cut my skin or caused an oil build up as I have read in other reviews. It has also never caused a serious eye irritation if I got it in my eyes but of course it will be uncomfortable with the large grains--NO DUH. Also, the scent is refreshing unlike some that can be overpowering or irritating.

The packaging is like most other facial scrubs where it comes in sort of a large tube that you squeeze. I just don't like that water can get into the sides of the cap where the spout is and when I turn it over I get water everywhere. I don't mind when I keep it in the shower but it is a hassle if I decide to use it in the morning after having used it in the shower and the water gets in just for me to make a little mess. Minor irritation really.

Price is a real deal considering I buy it for around 3 bucks at my walgreens. Of course it's gonna range but the price I have usually seen is a deal and this product is wonderful so even if it did get bumped up to let's say 15 bucks, 20 bucks, I would buy it. I continue to buy it and I sooooo recommend to people who want to look for more natural products that will get the job done!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this a few times a week as directed, and I really like it! It lasts a long time, is really cheap and doesn't dry out my skin and most exfoliaters do. It makes my skin really soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great for once in a while. I was using it everyday for a while and I think it contributed to some broken capilaries on my cheek. Definitely too rough for everyday but I still love it, it smells great and I definitely feel clean after using it. Next time i'll buy it in the tube, water always gets in the tub I have and its getting soupy. Update: I just read the ingredients on this--its full of oils! AHH! I can't believe i was putting that on my face and scrubbing it in--I'm switching to the medicated version from now on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This for a while was my HG scrub.

It is inexpensive, smells great, and leaves my skin feeling soft.

You have to scrub for 3 to 4 minutes for the results it was made for. If you put it on briefly and wash it off its not as effective.

This truly is a great exfoliator.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I didn't like this stuff at all. It really messed up my skin. It is way too harsh and will have an oil production rebound after you are done. It really amplified my acne scars and just was overall too abrasive

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by tonyawilkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit I'm not crazy about the smell but everything else about this scrub is amazing. I only use it once a week as I don't like to exfoliate too much but it leaves my skin soft, clean and energized. The particles are just right in size and hardness, it gives a great wash and nourishes at the same time. Try it, you won't be sorry!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Ozzie1985

When I first started getting in to face exfoliators, someone recommended this to me since I was on a budget. I used it for about 1 year and liked it. Now that I am 28 and my skin has different needs then it did when I was 21, I hate this stuff. It enlarges my pores and makes my skin absolutely beet red. Due to the 'shells' or whatever you want to call them in this exfoliator, it makes tiny miniscule tears in my skin. I would not recommend, ever. I now use Clinique face exfoliator and love it, less harsh.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This harsh exfoliator damaged my sensitive skin. Irritation causes acne and redness :(
Would never use on my face again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on the reviews on here stating that this can cause damage to your skin with prolonged use, I think I'll switch to using this as a body scrub. On my face, it does a pretty good job, but I've found other exfoliating products that work better, and the scrubbies (the little exfoliating beads) aren't so harsh.
I mean, it did fine as a facial scrub (for the moment) but I don't want to end up damaging my skin. I'll definitely be restricting this to use as a body and foot scrub.