April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by abbycdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yea, no. This is just no. I have never had problems with any product breaking my skin out, but this was just oh my lord no. My bf bought this for a body exfoliator, and I use it for that and like it just fine. But I made the ridiculous decision to try it on my face, and the next day both of my cheeks from my jawline to cheekbone were covered in these big, skin-colored bumps. They weren't red or painful, just really dry-feeling. It felt like they were blisters that were about to pop. I was so scared my entire face was going to peel off. I didn't leave the house for 3 days until they started to disappear. Seriously, I called out of work. Vain? Maybe, but you should have seen it.

I use this to exfoliate my lips because they get peel-y, and it works well for that. Now that I think about it, I'm scared to accidentally ingest some. If it did that to my skin, who knows what kind of havoc it could wreak on my insides.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gosh this stuff is so awful for your skin I cant even believe its still allowed on the shelves! I took a facial class, and a product knowledge class for cosmetics and learned how harmful this product is to your skin! So many professionals say you might as well scrub your face with shards of glass because that is basically what your are doing with this product.

The apricot in the scrub is made from ground up apricot pits...yes the hard pit. You might not see it but when you scrub this on your skin its damaging it. The ground up pits are not round and smooth, they are rough and jagged. This stuff dries your skin out, and will cause premature wrinkles. Also, because it is so harsh a lot of people can get really red and irritated after just one use. I used to use this stuff when I was in high school because I didnt know any better and even then I had to stop because it just felt wayyy to harsh to be using on the skin.

Treat your face a little nicer and use something more gentle, for a little bit more exfoliation use it in conjunction with an exfoliation pad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard all the issues about it being abrasive but I personally think it's working fine for my skin. I haven't seen any negative issues on my skin from using the scrub and I mainly use this on my nose to reduce the size of my pores. I probably would repurchase this after I'm done all my other exfoliants if I am unable not satisfied with any of the ones I plan to use after I run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I've gone through many tubes of this. I prefer abrasive scruba because my skin gets so clogged. I will continue to use this scrub until they stop selling it which I hope will be never!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by dangsusiQ

Too abrasive for the face, great on the legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my body while showering and it helps relieve and prevent irritation. I use a lot of lotion on my skin afterward, and I have found it doesn't get itchy as often (happens for no clear reason). It's awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a HG scrub for both face and body! And you can't beat the price. It's demalogically tested, which I love. If you skin is more sensitive, take your time and rub very gentely. My face and body feels so soft and looks polished.

EDIT - Only using this as a body scrub - It's making me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by tmal

My husband loves this scrubs. Me personally I feel like this is way to harsh on my skin. My skin gets super irritated and red with is. I use this maybe once a week and that's probably all my skin can take.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

I really like the the smell of the product but this is way to abrasive for my face. I didn't buy this for acne removal but I wanted to revive my dull complexion, maybe this would have done the trick but i discontinued use because it was very harsh on my face and I feel my skin being ripped off my face. When I applied my toner and moisturizer my skin was burning and red.

I don't think this product is good to use in the long run, it can be very damaging to your skin! PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL AND RUB VERY GENTLY! Some people on hear mentioned they used it on acne prone skin, I don't think that's a good idea. It will probably leave your acne worse and cause scarring.

I guess this would be good from very mature and aging skin maybe, but if you have normal-sensitive skin this product will be way to harsh. I didn't want to throw away the product so I used it as a foot scrub. It works great as a food scrub! Leaves my foot nice and soft, ready for flip flops.

I have been using Arysa Naturals Indian Glow face scrub-Ubtan, this product does what it says, it really makes your skin glow. This gave my dull skin life and radiance. But st. ives is a better foot scrub for the face I would go with Arysa Naturals. It's much more gentle plus is totally organic and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Salmaanella

I'm a bit violent when it comes to exfoliating my face, so the large bits in this scrub are great and make me feel like my skin is being exfoliated for real! I will say however this also makes it unsuitable for regular and everyday use so I tend to only reach for it once a week or so