St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 3/25/2014 10:32:00 PM

definitely holy grail product! i love this scrub so much! it makes my skin very soft and clears it up and makes it feel very exfoliated. i do have dry/sensitive skin so i don't use it every day but i use it twice a week and it does the job well! couldn't say enough good things about this product!

I like this product, not sure if I love it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks because I wanted an exfoliate cleanser to fit into my acne routine. I don't think it has helped my acne. It smells nice and the price was inexpensive. I hope that it does help, It does feel like it cleans my face it makes it soft. I would def recommend it and will def be repurchasing.

on 3/15/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this face scrub due to the feeling of the large microbeads. I recently repurchased this scrub and after using it, found that it really irritated my skin and actually felt like I was scrubbing sand onto my face. While using the product, I actually also experienced more breakouts than usual.

on 3/13/2014 12:21:00 PM

I like this classic scrub and keep repurchasing because the formula and quality remained the same. I always feel thought that I get breakouts the day after using it, probably because it exfoliates the skin and allows dirt (breakouts) to surface. So now I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash directly after using it which very well prevents any breakouts or treats them before they even develop. If these two products are used in conjunction with each other once a week, the result would be great.

on 3/9/2014 5:01:00 PM

I have used this stuff for YEARS. I keep a tube of it just for in the shower! It doesnt take off makeup however so I do that before I get in the shower but this scrub really takes off the dead skin and polish your face so well. I always stray and try other things but this stuff is HG and I always come back to it. Especially great to use with an exfoilating cloth :) I just dont reccommend daily use because it can get harsh! I shower every other day or two which is perfect. I also dont like the fragrance in it, I prefer to have my products be fragrance free but it doesnt stop me from using it... just a personal preference thing.

Pros
-exfoliates awesome
-takes away dead skin
-clears pores
-polishes skin

Cons
-fragrance is strong (with they would make a fragrance free version)
-bit too harsh for daily use

on 3/9/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I've been looking to a good alternative to products containing micro-beads after reading about how terrible they are for the environment when I saw all the glowing reviews of this product online.

I picked it up in January on a grocery store shopping trip and was pleased with how cheap the price was, that's where the good stops.

I wouldn't consider myself someone with extremely sensitive skin, I've never really had a problem with oil or dryness or really any sensitivity to any products. I do get the occasional bit of acne before my cycle but that's about it, overall I'd say i have a normal skin type.

I used this product for the first time on 01/29/2014 and the first thing I noticed immediately was how abrasive this is. I feel like the apricot shells are way too rough of an exfoliater for the skin on the face but I used it anyway due to all the glowing reviews. Fast forward to 02/05/2014 and I had the worst break out of my life. I figured maybe the mask is just purging the gunk out of my pores so I let this experience go. I tried it again on 2/08/2014 and immediately broke out the next day. I gave it one last try on 03/03/2014 and now have a face littered in small white spots on 03/09/2014. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so it must be this scrub!

The search continues.

on 3/9/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Reading the reviews on this product I came to my own conclusion. This is a trial and error product for people searching for the best scrub for their OWN skin.

I love this. I have scarring on my cheeks and an uneven surface on my face. It gets worse if I don't exfoliate at least once a week. I use this scrub once a week, in the shower and scrub for a minute all over my face. I rinse and my skin feels incredibly smooth, and it doesn't tighten up. It feels great. This doesn't make my the acne on my forehead and chin worse. The scarring doesn't get worse either.

For those with extremely sensitive skin, I probably don't recommend. This product certainly scrubs off unwanted particles and dead skin on the face. It's cheap (under $10), and I've had mine for about 4 months now.

on 3/9/2014 12:20:00 PM

I was going through the reviews of this product and saw that this could seriously damage your skin due to the apricot seeds being extremely rough and leaving scars and thank god I stopped using this! It never did anything for my acne or blemishes, if it did anything good it was make my skin soft but honestly DONT BUY THIS EVER!

This stuff does what it is suppose to do, what more can you ask for?

Is it harsh? Yes, it is, that is why it is not recommended to be used MORE than twice a week. It actually exfoliates, leaving your new, fresh, glowing, skin showing when you are done. It also helps reduce acne, blackheads, etc.

If you have sensitive skin, they have one for sensitive skin, that still gets the job done, but is much less harsh and less rough, so go for that one instead.

This works, I've tried other ones that have soft beads, that are USELESS and don't exfoliate at all...they just clean your your face.

I love this product and can't say enough good things about it. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this product. I have very sensitive acne prone skin so I thought when I first tried it it was going to strip my skin bare but I was so wrong. I had a massive breakout all over my face about a week ago and by using this every night after my make up remover and hot cloth cleanser my face has cleared up a treat. My skin is not perfect but it is 10 times better than what it was. I only gave this product 4 lipsticks for the packaging because I find it always goes all over the lid and goes all hard. Yuck! Except that I love it and have repurchased it about 4 times! Love Love Love!!!!

Popular Scrubs