L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

I LOVE this product! It makes my lashes look so long, the wand isn't messy and what L'Oreal claims is right! This is definitely waterproof! This product stays on all day and gives my lashes a much needed boost. I highly recommend this product. It lasts ALL day!

on 7/6/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cheap, simple, AMAZING product. This is a truly waterproof mascara. I have swam in it, cried in it, and even exercised with it on and it doesn't budge. I love that this mascara is very buildable, so it doesn't clump when you add more coats. It lives up to the hype ladies!

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH!
great for swimming!
the thing i recommend is that you apply A LOT of coats!
makes your eyelashes look great!
the thing is i would like it to be thicker, but its very buildable! i dont like it for bottom lashes though, but i use it there anyways...

on 6/10/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Just bought this about 2 months ago and I really like it; it goes on great, makes my lashes look thicker and longer.. BUT it is near impossible to remove! I have such a difficult time taking off this mascara even with waterproof eye makeup removers! But if you are looking for a good, heavy-duty reasonably priced, waterproof mascara then this is a good one to go for. Just be prepared to break out the big guns when you try to take it off, lol.

on 5/24/2011 8:26:00 AM

Soooo not waterproof. Does make my eyelashes feathery & pretty for about 2 hours.

on 5/17/2011 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, I had such high hopes for this mascara. I mean, some women are DEVOTED to it! But alas, it is not to be for us. I live in intense humidity. Seriously, it feels like getting smacked in the face with a hot, wet towel when I walk out the door (cold wet towel in winter). Regular mascara just oozes off in about 15 minutes, and holding a curl??? Forget it! So, I'm kinda searching for the impossible to begin with. But this stuff is pretty much the antithesis of what I'm searching for. It looks fine when I put it on. I'm a tad underwhelmed with the volumizing aspect, but it is very black, and didn't clump much. However, like all other mascaras, 15 minutes in, I'm all racoon-y on the outer corners. And it's sticky, sticky. My upper and lower lashes stick together, even though I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes. Yuck! And when it comes time to take this stuff off, well, I still haven't figured out how to do that well. I use oil based remover (L'Oreal brand) and it still doesn't come off. I haven't worn it in a week, and the mascara is still very visible along my lash line. Gross! It's probably fine for an evening out, or a day at the waterpark, but I wouldn't use it for an everyday waterproof.

on 5/17/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

EPIC CLUMPY SPIDER-LEG LASHES

This product is absolutely wretched. It's dry, it clumps, it looks horrible - like my lashes are made of coal.

It doesn't flake or smear, but it's also a nightmare to get off - even with jojoba oil.

DO NOT WANT.

on 5/3/2011 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked this mascara for only the first week, after that, it smudged terribly under my eyes, giving me raccoon eyes, and it flaked everywhere. The worst thing was that the mascara gooped all over the brush, so it would glop onto your lashes. Even after scrapping the mascara off of the wand everytime to go use it, it would still smudge and flake. It was great for a week, giving amazing results, but after that, no!

on 5/3/2011 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am picky with mascara because it always runs on my lower lash line which makes me look like a raccoon. I bought this in attempt to finding my HG drugstore mascara based on reviews. This is okay so far. Pros: price, adds volume, eyelashes stay soft.
Cons: curl doesn't hold up, little bit of smudging
Overall: I would recommend as a back up or everyday AM mascara. I use it on a daily basis for school and use others for nights out.

This product really disappointed me, especially from the raves I read on Makeup alley. This product smudged on me literally after applying it, I would finish my eye makeup and then go on to do my hair for a bit, and when I came back to touch up my face makeup.. little black smudges had already formed on my top eyelid and underneath my lash line. Also, I find this to go on a little bit clumpy if you're not careful. Overall? I wouldn't repurchase.