October 25, 2014 | 1495 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this as a makeup remover. I use it in conjunction with Dove's Beauty Bar and like that routine. However, I have very uber oily skin and when I have used Albolene alone, I don't feel like it cleans my skin very well. It is an excellent makeup remover though. I like it because I don't have to rub it hard into my skin like I do with liquid makeup removers. I just put it on and maybe massage it into my lashes for mascara removal, but aside from that, it's easy! Will repurchase, for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by heidipena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This looks like vaseline and I'm not crazy about the ingredients (I don't like mineral oil on my face) but it does a very good job removing makeup. I rub a bit on my dry face at night and rub off with a wet hot washcloth. I rinse the cloth and wipe my face once more. I don't need to follow with a cleanser after. The packaging is kind of ugly but it's inexpensive, so whatever. The only thing I really don't like is it gets in my eyes so after I wash every night I have blurred vision for fifteen minutes or so. Annoying. But it does remove makeup and doesn't make me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by roughlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the way my skin felt after using Albolene. I really wanted it to work for me. But every time I used it I developed irritation bumps. I tried just using it to remove my eye makeup and my eyes would get extremely irritated. I think I must be reacting to the mineral oil as I remember getting some irritation when I tried to use straight baby oil.
Wish it would have worked as it is economical and hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TG83

I have really dry skin and eczema. Sexy huh? Anyway I use this morning and night and it has really helped. I don't use a lot of makeup so I don't have to worry about that. I was using ponds but the smell was horrid. This has no scent at all. But you will have to use a warm wash cloth to get it off. You cannot just splash your face with water. You can tissue it off as well but I like to use the wash cloth. It is a huge tub and will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

I've been using Albolene for over three years now and I still love it. I have super sensitive skin, and my cheeks get very dry and flaky. I apply it everywhere on my face except my forehead, and use a very warm wet baby washcloth to wipe it off. To prevent breakouts, I use Neutrogena Clear Pore wash/mask on my forehead. You would think it would cause breakouts, but I really think it prevents them because it "melts" the gunk out of your pores. If you're used to using a foaming cleanser, it's a little hard to get used to the greasy texture, but I think if you have very dry or sensitive skin, there's nothing better. I really don't get why some posters have commented that it's expensive. For around $12, you get a large tub. I use it at least twice a day, and one tub probably lasts about a year, if not longer. Yes, it looks look Vaseline, but it is NOT the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 54 years old and a month ago I started using this product every other night, alternating with philosophy products (WHINE serum with vit. c powder, HIAJ, and Eye Hope - till it runs out and will be replaced by Boots Botanical eye cream). At first, I was so apprehensive that for the first hour after using it, I was panicky! Guess what? My skin was calm, rested, and soft. When I woke up, it was amazingly soft and felt hydrated.

First, I take off makeup, all of it, eye makeup included, with Albolene. Then I wash with Neotrogena glycerin soap, then use a non-alcohol witch hazel on a large cotton ball to make sure the makeup is off. Then I apply a very fine layer of Albolene. I wait 15 minutes and tissue off any residue. My face has never felt healthier and soothed. I have heard of those women who are 90-something and look amazing, and perhaps a simple, basic product like this one is a good reason why. I feel fortunate that my skin not only tolerates the ingredients in Albolene but benefits from them. I also use this product on my elbows and when the weather is harsh, on my hands at night.

And can I mention CHEAP! Offsets the price of the philosophy products which I use for a clearer, more even skin tone. It doesn't do everything for me but it does a great deal, and for the price, it is amazing stuff.

The jar is huge and might cause concerns to some over bacteria but, just like with the Vaseline jar (I used Vaseline for decades prior to Albolene for makeup removal, and Albolene works better) -- these products with their jar containers have been around for decades and decades and decades. Don't fix what ain't broke.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

Don't believe I haven't reviews this yet?? OK, so it goes against everything you've ever heard about taking care of your skin, but just plain smearing this mineral oil junk on my face is one of the best things I've ever done for it! I smear it around to get the makeup off, including the waterproof mascara... tissue off... then rinse with water and dry. My skin is soft, feels naturally moisturized, clean but not too clean. Takes the mascara off great! This is all I use now for cleansing since I moved to Canada - my skin needs this due to the colder climate. Not too fond of the tub it comes in, but whatever... I don't put the cap on tight, just let is rest on top of the tub for easy opening. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by cusp2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very pleased with this product....my skin is very reactive to temperature and has also gotten a lot drier than it used to be in the last few years. I read about this cleanser and thought, well, I'd at least try it. I'm glad I did. I do wear makeup each day, so when I come home, I apply a little of this gel-like cleanser straight to my face, let it sit for a few minutes so it emulsifies, and then tissue off. Voila. Thats my whole makeup-removal and cleansing routine. My skin is much calmer and much clearer than it used to be. I like this very much and would absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Mica

This is the only thing I have used to clean my face with for the past 9 months, except for an occasional wash with a Dove beauty bar. Last December I just decided that I was really sick of trying new things on my face, because it gets irritated and breaks out so easily. So, I just started using Albolene at night with a hot washcloth, and nothing else. My skin is the best it has ever been. For me, leaving my skin alone is definitely the best thing. I will keep using this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I never seen anything like this. You put it on your face and tissue it off and ur makeup is gone. This is my new HG makeup remover and cleaner!!