April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why did I not know about this earlier??? My face is EXTREMELY oily and as the week progresses, it begins to look duller and duller. This scrub really does its job. I can tell that it removes dead skin as my skin feels so much softer and my moisturizer sinks in immediately. Before I started using it, it seemed like everything I used just sat on top of my skin. I had been using Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter scrub which was nice but not the best. I must say that Clinique's exfoliating scrub is THE BEST. I normally breakout to everything but not this. I have used it several times already and my face is clear. If you want to see how this works with your skin, try getting a sample from Sephora. I think it is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Solipsister

I was looking for a more intensive scrub than my usual microdelivery wash to add to my skincare routine & purchased this solely on the terrific reviews here. I used it one time & did not care for the tingly sensation but figured I would get used to it after more uses. WRONG. When I woke up the next morning with 13 (yes, I counted) cystic zits all along my jawline & neck, I just wanted to hop back in bed & stay there. This product caused the worst breakout I've ever experienced & took a little over two months to not feel the need to hide my neck with my hair. And this all happened to a person who does not have sensitive skin & will experience a zit every other month, tops. All I was looking to do was rid myself of blackheads on my nose & I had to learn the hard way to never stray from Philosophy products. I started their microdelivery peel recently & that lightened up all the scarring from the clinique breakout after only THREE uses. It is the most phenomenal product out there. The clinique scrub went in the trash as I refused to swap for fear of someone having the same dreadful experience as me. I will not be repurchasing this, or any other clinique product for that matter. Just brings up too many painful (& cystic!) memories. =^x^=

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by katiebanaag

HG face scrub. gets in the little spaces at the sides of my nose where i get clogged pores. my skin feels pretty freakn clean

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by vag73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have used this for many years now. I have tried to move onto cheaper versions but always come back to this! It is quite grainy, but leaves my face feeling incredible! Love the menthol smell. The tube annoys me a little when you are reaching the end of the product, as its hard to get out, and gunks up the opening. Apart from this, a perfect scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this scrub two to three times a week. Depends on how my skin feels. But, no matter how rough and yucky it felt before hand, this scrub reduces it down to a soft, smooth, even surface, ready and willing to accept moisturiser and foundation. I love using it before I head out on the town to give me an ultra smooth landing area for my foundation.

I tend to get small bumps along my hairline during summer, and this scrub has completely removed them.

I probably wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin, because it is quite grainy. But this is what I love about it. It isn't rough, but the sheer amount of exfoliating granules is massive and delivers a very very thorough scrub.

I love it and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Moonpetals

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pepperminty scrub totally wakes my skin and refreshes me. Just use a light hand when using. I always go back to this one after trying the many pricey items out there. This one is good for skin that is not sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by longhorn81

I've used scrubs off and on in the past. I decided two months ago that I wanted to add a scrub back into my skincare routine (hadn't used one in several months or more) to help with exfoliating dry patches that I was getting. Most previously, I used the St. Ives Apricot scrub but had heard it was way too abrasive for your skin (although I myself never had any irritations or breakouts from it) so I decided I wanted to try something else. I saw the great reviews for the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub and wanted to give it a try.

I loved the peppermint/menthol quality about it and how it felt soothing on my skin. I used this twice a week for about a month and a half. I noticed my cheeks would always be red and blotchy right after I used this scrub, but I dismissed it and figured this was normal, as I always get a little rosey in the cheeks. I really wanted to like this product and didn't want to believe what it was doing to my skin since so many others have found success with it.

However, I experienced the worst breakout period in my whole life while using this product. Every few days, I would get a new pimple. The last time I used this product, my nose looked like it was peeling (similar to what you look like after you've been sunburned) I believe this and the Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 are the culprits of the acne breakouts... I am not 100% sure if it was 100% this, 100% the clarifying lotion, or both, but really do not want to continue testing either one of them to find out (esp since I gave this skincare routine two months) I feel like my skin's suffered enough and really want to start HEALING it, not making it any worse.

I've used products before that contained menthol (which this does) and never had problems so I don't think that was the cause of the irritation... it does however contain salicylic acid, so if any of you are sensitive to salicylic acid, I would stay clear of this product.

I still wanted to have a scrub in my skincare routine so I had to think of past scrubs that I had success with... I've only used the St. Ives Apricot and the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming one. I never had problems with either but figured the Neutrogena one would be more gentle, and I remembered it also had the cooling effect (it also contains Menthol) that the Clinique one has.

I haven't decided yet whether to return the Clinique scrub or to keep as an expensive foot scrub (sigh)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know about You guys,but for me this was like puting my face on fire.It iritated my skin,caused redness all over my face,even made the capillares arround my nose more visible than usually.This has very thick texture,and it is so damn harsh.I think this is destroyer of oily but SENSITIVE skin like mine.I think I just pick the wrong 'guy',because I think this is good stuff for ladies who has 'thick' and resistable skin,actually,everything what my skin isn't.This was totally failure for my type of skin.So I gave it to my Mom after just one use,and she didn't like it as well,so I throw it away.Also,generouslly,I think all Clinique range is a way to synthetic,and that also my dermalogist confirmed to me.
P.S. I hate to be the one with rarelly negative review,but I have right for my own opinion,right? :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Very cleansing. Removes dirt and leaves my face brighter and softer. Also has a nice cooling feeling after. Kind of pricey, but one tube will last you a long long time. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a Clinique skincare person through and through. This is just another one that's a part of my arsenal. This is nice a polishing. Leaves my skin feeling extra soft. I love how non-irritating this is. Try some!