November 23, 2014 | 1124 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by megathon

This is the weirdest lipstick I've ever attempted to use. I love the creamy consistency, but I cannot figure out what color it is. Someone described it as looking like a "dusty rose" color in the tube, and I'd agree with that. However, on my lips, it's purple. Not a pretty or flattering purple, either--it's truly horrific.

However, I tried this on my sister, who is cool-toned (I'm neutral-toned), and it looked like a very pretty, flattering mauve on her (it still didn't look like the color in the tube, though). So, this could work for some people, but in general I'd recommend avoiding it, just in case. I've never tried a lipstick that looks so different once it's on my lips. At least it was cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by iLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the colour its horrible. luckily its cheap.so i didnt spend do much money with this weird colour lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jh0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever review on makeupalley - until now I have been reading other people's and benefitting from their opinions. However I feel I need to express my thoughts on this lipstick! So here goes:
DISGUSTING! The minute I put it on I burst out laughing, as did my hubby when I turned around to show him. It made me look like a corpse. I don't want to write this in a way that may offend others because I understand some may be looking for this colour and may actually suit them, however for me (fair, warm skin tone) it was absolutely ridiculous. The lipstick looks very different from the colour on the stick and when put on skin or lips. In the tube, it looks like a dusty pink, but on the lips it translates to a purpley brown. The purple hue is what gives the dead, corpse-like effect. I suppose, in my case, it would be okay for dress up parties or a gothic look, but definitely not something I would ever repurchase. For those going for that look - get this! Apart from the colour, texture and pigmentation is quite good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the Round Lipsticks in general. But yeah, not my colour at all. I'm quite fair with pretty pigmented lips and this not only came up purplier than expected, but gave me an instant corpse look. Which is a shame because it had great coverage. And it looked like such a lovely mauve on my hand, darnit.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very pigmented pink lips and this lipstick made my lips look purple. I know other people like this lipstick but it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For girls with pigmented lips, this is a must have. It goes gorgeous with my NC25-30 coloring. This mauve-rose is something I would overlook easily, but after hearing so much about it I had to pick it up, and for $1.50 on cherryculture.com, how could I pass it up? It is my lips but better and I can slap it on with any look and it is natural and gorgeous. I will buy this over and over.
That said, it has that funny smell all NYX do, and the wear isn't super long, but neither of those bother me. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although the color is beautiful, its not a favorite of mine. As someone mentioned before, this wouldnt suit warm toned girls and while it doesnt look bad, its not a fav. Though the consistency is amazing. For reference im NC37 in MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think if you are relying in reviews for color, you are doomed. I seriously don't get how can you see this as light pink when its medium to dark mauve with purple tinge and no visible shimmer. WHT?!
Its actually very simular to L'oreal's Taffeta, Thalia is a bit darker and has more of a purplish tone but its very close. This is cool color and I can't imagine warmed toned ladies being able to pull this off. Quality wise i think it was ok. It reminded me of L'oreal's lippies which are very creamy and moisturizing but don't last as long. Same for NYX. I wouldn't repurchase because while i like the color, its not my favorite.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blackberrygal

This is one of my go to lipsticks when i want to do a smokey eye and nude lips. Its a great light pink with a hint of purple. It suits my NC-30 skin quite well. I usually use a berry colored lipliner then this lipstick. I would definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by babydollxix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this shade didn't really work on me. it looks pretty when swatched on my arm, but on my lips, it's a whole different story. it came out as a grayish-purplish shade on my lips.

i looked like a victim of suffocation.

but when i apply it lightly, it becomes tolerable to look at. still, there are other purplish lipsticks out there to try.

would not repurchase this shade, would repurchase other NYX round lipstick shades.