September 2, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very pigmented pink lips and this lipstick made my lips look purple. I know other people like this lipstick but it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For girls with pigmented lips, this is a must have. It goes gorgeous with my NC25-30 coloring. This mauve-rose is something I would overlook easily, but after hearing so much about it I had to pick it up, and for $1.50 on cherryculture.com, how could I pass it up? It is my lips but better and I can slap it on with any look and it is natural and gorgeous. I will buy this over and over.
That said, it has that funny smell all NYX do, and the wear isn't super long, but neither of those bother me. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although the color is beautiful, its not a favorite of mine. As someone mentioned before, this wouldnt suit warm toned girls and while it doesnt look bad, its not a fav. Though the consistency is amazing. For reference im NC37 in MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think if you are relying in reviews for color, you are doomed. I seriously don't get how can you see this as light pink when its medium to dark mauve with purple tinge and no visible shimmer. WHT?!
Its actually very simular to L'oreal's Taffeta, Thalia is a bit darker and has more of a purplish tone but its very close. This is cool color and I can't imagine warmed toned ladies being able to pull this off. Quality wise i think it was ok. It reminded me of L'oreal's lippies which are very creamy and moisturizing but don't last as long. Same for NYX. I wouldn't repurchase because while i like the color, its not my favorite.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blackberrygal

This is one of my go to lipsticks when i want to do a smokey eye and nude lips. Its a great light pink with a hint of purple. It suits my NC-30 skin quite well. I usually use a berry colored lipliner then this lipstick. I would definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by babydollxix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this shade didn't really work on me. it looks pretty when swatched on my arm, but on my lips, it's a whole different story. it came out as a grayish-purplish shade on my lips.

i looked like a victim of suffocation.

but when i apply it lightly, it becomes tolerable to look at. still, there are other purplish lipsticks out there to try.

would not repurchase this shade, would repurchase other NYX round lipstick shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by yadinunez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not right for my complextion, makes me look like a corpse. but im sure its great for darker skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Beckylapo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first NYX lipstick and I'm pretty impressed! I love the texture, it is very creamy. The trick to make it not look like mud is to dab it on lightly, if you put it on thick it will look like mud. But I think this color would suit just about anybody...and any occasion :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Really nice plummy colour, with a hint of brown. I am an NC 15 and I love this colour. Diva from NYX is very similar to this - maybe a little more peach if you find Thalia too brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG! WOW! This is one of the nicest colors that I have ever tried, its mlbb definitely..I picked it up at ULTA on a whim, and i found that it compliments my skin tone and hair - I LOVE this color! Its a bright pink mauvy on me. And, it is moisturizing too, it feels luxurious.

To all the women who said that this made them look like a corpse.. didnt you all test it first? Why is this the number one selling NYX color if so many think that it is corpsey?

I'm getting a backup tube of this cause its the fastest disappearing lipstick in my entire NYX lipstick collection. I have never bought a backup of a makeup item in my life, but I wouldn't want to be caught without this color. It is so complimentary.