December 18, 2014 | 1595 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great color. On my dark olive skin, it appears mauve/pinkish nude. It's quite pretty. I used this for years until I got on my concealer nude kick. I'm not into mauve colors now but it's a great color so I may repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for the perfect pink nude and the MUA at MAC suggested Viva Glam II. This color is a pinky-gray on me and I love it! I was scared I would look corpse-like, but this shade actually works on my NC42 skintone. My lips aren't pigmented so I get the true color of this lipstick, which is gorgeous. I've never paired it with liner or gloss; I think it stands on its own beautifully. Looks amazing with Benefit's Skinny Jeans cream eye shadow (smoky pewter) or MAC's Moss Scape paint pot (shimmery green). Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this color.. it's one of my favorite lipsticks.. amazing.. and I love that it goes good with c-thru lipgloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

first off, i love what mac does with the viva-glam foundation, and i like that my money is going to a good cause..
mac viva-glam ll is my favorite shade in this collection, its a nice nude pink color, its very creamy and classy look. i love this lipstick and would deff buy it again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Enticed by the pictures on this review, I succumbed to my urge to buy Viva Glam II. Only, when I tried it on, I was disappointed because the mauvey nude color made me look corpse-like. For reference, I am an NC15, and this color just did me no favors. It does look lovely on the two ladies pictured above, however, and kudos to them for making it work!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had read the great reviews here by women in my age bracket on the new gel-based MAC foundation (studio sculpt--I was matched with NW25) and that is what prompted me to head to the MAC store. My son is getting married this April 2009, and I wanted all new makeup and colors to go with what I'll be wearing, black with gold. I asked the MA to give me a glossy nude lip because I will be playing up my eyes with bronze and gold. She used Viva Glam II (a satin finish by itself) and topped it off with Cremesheen Glass in the Boy Bait color. She also lined my lips with Cremestick in Beurre. I will admit to being a little leery at first seeing how light colored the shades were, but became absolutely delighted with the result: a perfect pinky nude glossy look, very pretty, exactly what I had in mind. I will put both in my wedding clutch, and will definitely be purchasing more Viva Glam and Cremesheen Glass in other colors plus the colors in this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by theburlesqueshow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick of all time. I've heard people say it looks too brown, but this is actually a semi light nude color on me, an NC25 with olive undertones. It's way better than any other nude I've tried and the money goes to a great cause. I'm so shocked other people don't like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot wear this lipstick alone since it comes out too brown on my pigmented lips. I do really love it with a pink lipgoss (Viva Glam VI SE) on top of it. This combination comes out as the perfect nude for my complexion. I have tried this lipstick with C-Thru, but it is too brown for my lips. I need more pink mixed in with the brown. I will probably never use this color up, since it takes too much time to make it look natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pressured into buying this by an MA when I was 15 ha, this was back in 1997 or 1998 can't remember. It was that time period in the 90s when girls were wearing all that brick coloured lipstick. I was fed up of Twig and Bubbles... so the lady suggested this. I dont think I was old enough to appreciate this lipstick.

I ended up giving it to my cousin who came to visit from Germany! She loved it and I told her she could have it! lol

Looking at it now, its a cross between Angel & Blankety.

Oh well, at least its for a good cause!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Allnamestaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So what this has been around....perfect matte nude shade! Ala Angelina Jolie. With the coordinating pencil and some gloss this stayed on from 5am till 7pm, through a light lunch and 3 cups of coffee. No touch ups at all, gloss melted into to lip and allowed for a matte lipstick to remain non drying and cakey looking. For those who say it is graying, it does have that cast when worn alone. Get the liner and some clear gloss. You can wear this with any eye color except browns. otherwise too murky looking.