Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 9/25/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my stand by cuticle treatment. I love the scent and it's super mositurizng! It is a thick balm that is kind of wax-like but turns liquid upon touching it. I feel like you get quite a bit of product for the price and it lasts me quite a while because you really don't need a whole lot. I use it every evening before bed and let it sink in my cuticles overnight. This is my second purchase and I will continue to buy it.

This is a winter must-have. The balm is thick and moisturizing. It keeps nails from cracking and cuticles from getting ragged. The lemon oil makes it smell absolutely amazing. It's a little sticky, since it's so thick, but I find that this is not a problem if you just dab a little on your nails and work it in. Or, I smooth it on my hands right before bed, which gets rid of chapping.

on 9/23/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

First and foremost, the scent is perfection for anyone who is obsessed with lemony desserts. Yum. This little tin of cream is a must-have that works superbly in moisturizing dry cuticles, though its texture is on the greasy side. I have chronically dry skin and I've used it to sooth my dry, cracked fingers as well.

on 9/19/2012 8:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for 2+ years and have gone through 3-4 of them. I absolutely love the consistency and smell of this and use it on a daily basis to soften and protect my cuticles. It is a bit greasy so be careful if you're in front of the computer lol.
It does a great job at keeping my cuticles conditioned and soft, especially during our harsh winters. I have one at home and one at work and use it whenever I think of it, usually 1-2 times per day.
I would repurchase again and again. The only thing I wish they would change is the press on lid, I wish it was a screw off cap instead.

on 9/5/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product!
The smell of lemon is refreshing and absolutley not sickening:-)
I use this on both lips and cuticles and it softens and moist perfectly.
The only negative side to this is that the tin is difficult to open sometimes.

I absomutley reccomend this baby!

on 9/3/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I can really say about this product is that I love the scent and cute tin. Have used it a few times with no noticeable results, but I suppose it's meant to be used regularly. If it doesn't end up working, I'll probably slather on as a foot treatment with socks, cuz it is a bit greasy imo.

on 9/3/2012 5:00:00 AM

OH DEAR, MY CUTICLES LOVE THIS MIRACLE!

on 8/28/2012 9:29:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this cuticle cream. Overall I think this is a good product, it does what it says it's going to do, and it sinks in pretty quick especially for it's vaseline like consistency. My main complaint about this product is the price and the amount you get for the price.

I realize that the ingredients, a variety of organic oils, is probably more expensive to source and manufacture than many mainstream oil based lotions, but 6$ for this tiny little tin is really outrageous. I own all of the oils that comprise this product and could eaily make a massive amount of this for a few dollars a batch. I also have used other cuticle creams with many of the same ingredients, plus additional proteins that are missing from this, and they work better and you get WAY more for your money (healthy hoof comes to my mind first but there are many competitive products out there).

I do use this a bit, but only because my place of work has a relationship with a retailer of BB's products and they bring us a couple dozen of these tins every few months. If I had to pay 6$ a tin for this, I would not bother.

on 8/21/2012 2:12:00 PM

The first time I picked this up in a department store, I didn't know know what to expect. As far as I remember, this is the first cuticle cream I've tried and I love it! The downside is, because it's the only cuticle cream I have tried I can't do a comparison to other cuticle creams on the market but this will have to suffice.

It's very moisturizing and rich. In general I've developed a habit of either keeping a hand or cuticle cream on me at all times so whenever I'm bored or want my hands to be in the best condition they can - I whip out the Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream. It has lasted me a long time. I'm more or less half way though and it's been a year since I first started using this product.

Burt's Bees isn't a cheap brand but I don't expect it to be because of the whole organic thing they have going on, haha!

Downside: I have to wait a bit for the cuticle cream to soak in, otherwise my cuticles are oily and I don't want to touch anything. This is a pretty minor issue to me though.

Don't have any major complaints about the packaging, but I don't feel that it's the best it can be.

An incredibly good natural product that makes my cuticles so moisturised!
Never thought that it would be so amazing but I am very surprised and will definitely buy it again when it runs out, but this cream has lasted me a year now and it's half left.
The only thing I can complain about is the jar. The lid is sometimes very hard to get off so if you should not have it in your bag, you can just put the lid on little loosely. It will not dry out.
I highly, highly recommend this cream! It's extremely effective and the price is low! Big plus for the nice lemon scent too!