October 24, 2014 | 1692 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does smell really good, its really cheap, it does lather really well and it will truly clarify hair. However, I cannot recommend it because it and ALL the Vo5 shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfate which is very drying to the hair. Once a week or so as a clarifier probably won't dry your hair out to bad but White Rain Extra Body or Regular shampoo works just as good for the same price but without the drying ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a terrific shampoo! My hair is chin length, fine, thin, and lightened a little. It is oily at the roots and dry on the ends. It's baby hair. Then there's the city water, so high in calcium that you could drink it as a supplement.

This mildly scented shampoo cleans my hair without stripping, rinses well, and leaves my delicate locks easy to comb through without the need for any other product. i use it every day, and find it quite gentle for a clarifier. So far, no scalp irritation so far (in contrast to the otherwise good clarifying shampoo by Neutrogena).

It's an extraordinarily fine product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had been using Neutrogena Anti-Residue for a few years and liked it. It's a little pricey though ($7.00...but lasts quite awhile if you only use it once a week like I do). One day I was in CVS and they had VO5 shampoo on sale. I have seen the VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying shampoo reviewed on here many times and most of the time it's very positive. It was on sale for .88 cents....I mean, come on...that is CHEAP!!!!, so I bought it. So, Saturday is my "hair clarifying" day. I use hair spray and shine gel during the week and feel like I just have to completely get that crap out of my hair once a week. I tried this and I'm pretty impressed...has been about 3 months now since I bought it. The smell is luscious....not at all like the rather medicinal smell of the Neutrogena. It lathers up very, very well. I can always tell when I'm using a clarifying shampoo because my hair literally squeaks when I'm rinsing out the shampoo. I always follow up clarifying with a deep conditioner...my choice is Nice/Easy because it comes with my hair color and I have tubes and tubes of it and it works! For the price alone it's a must have, and the fact that it really works makes it a MUST HAVE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i havent used clarifying shampoo forever. and when i used this my hair felt absolutely amazing. soft, clean and bouncy. the texture was amazing. it really refreshed my hair without drying it out, and i have bleached blonde damaged hair. now after i wash with this, i apply conditioner only on my mid section and ends, and i have a lot more volume at the scalp and much less grease. the smell is very pleasant and the price is dirt cheap. i LOVE THIS SHAMPOO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by spaskycat

Excellent product if used properly! My hair feels really dry if I use this everyday, so I only use it every other day or when my hair feels greasy. The price is excellent and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by rosie32282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale at my local CVS for a whopping 50 cents. :-) I have oily hair so I chose this clarifying shampoo and it worked fine. Left me with clean and soft hair without any conditioner. The scent is not my favorite V05 scent as it smells kind of fake to me but for 50 cents it works great. I actually prefer the Vanilla Mint Tea shampoo by V05 for the scent but some people might really enjoy it. The shampoo works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for clarifying but lately I've been using it everyday. I have bangs and find that some days, even without product in them, they look greasy by day's end, but using this stops that. I have what I'd consider normal hair, I haven't colored since September '07 and have A LOT of silvers. So far using this daily hasn't dried out my scalp (other clarifying shampoos have) or bothered my scalp in any way (I tend to get itchy patches when stressed). And for what, under a dollar, at my grocery store, can't complain at all. I use it with Pantene Restorative Anti-Breakage conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by WickedWitchOfTheWest

Savvy girls from the hair board recommended me this when I asked for a solution to scalp build-up. The first time I used this my hair felt renewed - clean and and fresh. My hair also didn't get oily by night-time which it usually does with regular and organic shampoos, as I have very active oil glands. I do think that without conditioner, this would be a little too drying. I don't use this daily as I'm afraid it will strip and dry my straight, mid-length, baby fine hair so I alternate with shiseido tsubaki shampoo, which on the other end, is too moisturizing for daily use. I will keep buying this shampoo for its clarifying properties. I like it better than suave, which is usually posted as an alternative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a bad product to clean my brushes with ..but didn't like it for my hair. Aveda Detox is a million times better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dhsieh

I used to use Suave's Daily Clarifying shampoo but it used to dry my hair out a little, not to mention it smelled a little medicinal for my taste. I love the Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo because it is super cheap at $1, which is great for my college budget, and it really cleans my hair without stripping it. The yummy scent is a plus!