February 1, 2015 | 1330 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY HOLY GRAIL!!!
I had a coupon for this and I only paid $2.50 for it. How could you go wrong? This is the same ingredients as Purpose Gentle Cleanser, but you get 2 oz. more for $1.50-$2.00 less. I am getting used to the fragrance (which is very light), I'm just used to the way Purpose smells. That aside...This is a FABULOUS Cleanser! I find this to be a perfect cleanser for those seeking a "lathering" cleanser for your sensitive skin types. I like lather, most sensitive skin cleansers are creamy types that do not lather. I also find this cleanser to effectively remove make-up and not strip your face. I must tell you that I have currently started using Revlon Colorstay Active Light Foundation and this cleanser removes that as well. If you research online there are coupons out there as well, so give it a try! I always keep a back up in my bathroom. Love the value and what it does for my skin.

Update: I have just purchased my 4th bottle. Under $5, best drugstore purchase EVER!!!

EDIT: I switch between this and Purpose Gentle Cleanser (same formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This was the absolute worst facial product that I have ever bought! Don't get me wrong, Clean and Clear has great products....alot that have actually worked for me but not this one. I do have super sensitive skin so i thought this product would be great. It was cheap, came in great packaging and wasn't too harsh on my skin. My face felt pretty good after using it but the next day when I woke up, my face broke out in red spots. I kinda freaked out. The following day the red spots all turned into pimples :( lol...i was so upset and surprised cuz this has never happened to me before when it comes to clean and clear products. I went to my doctor and he told me to stop using it immediately.
It may work well for sum ppl cuz everyone does have differnt skin. My suggestion wud b to test the product on a small area of ur skin before applying it to ur entire face. I shud hav known better lol

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by rara1154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ehh i tryed this and it didnt really work for me. I usually wash my face and then take a makeup wipe and wipe my face to get off all the rest of makeup the cleansers left. with this product after i washed my face and i wiped off my makeup i noticed a lot of dirt on the towel. it was light brown. it wasnt my foundation or conceler because i dont use foundation because my face isnt that red.and i am very light so my conceler is the lightest and this was a meduim brown (dirt colored) also i do not wear brown eyeshadow so i know it wasnt that. in conclusion i deffinitly wouldnt buy this again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by jenham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I do not consider my skin to be classified as sensitive, I bought this thinking that it would be a gentle cleanser that would be comfortable to use. It is gentle, but it does not do justice as a cleanser. I wear eyeliner (Wet and Wild gel liner and L'Oreal's Infallible eyeliner, which are both smudge resistant), and, unfortunately, the cleanser does not wash away the liners. I end up with raccoon eyes, and I have to use an additional makeup remover to rid the darkness around my eyes. Not only does the cleanser not thoroughly cleanse my face, but it also leaves my face tight and dry. Even though I always put on moisturizer afterward, I feel like my face would not survive whatsoever without immediately being moisturized.

Pros:
Gentle

Cons:
Does not completely remove makeup
Tightens and dries skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by txvegn

I was in the market for a new cleanser. I think I have tried just about everything. I've always had a problem with these tiny bumps around my cheek area. I don't think it's acne, but I'm not sure why it appears. Anyway, saw some reviews for this stuff online. Got it at Ulta with a coupon. This stuff is great! I gave it 4 stars cause it does leave my skin a bit dry afterwards. Other than that, it makes my skin clear and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive skin and Rosacea.

This takes off ALL my makeup, leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and not stripped or dry. I like the scent, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I bought this hoping to add it to my everyday facial routine. I chose it because it said it would remove makeup which is a big selling point for me. After using it for over a week i've noticed it doesn't really remove my makeup and after i use my toner my cotton ball has left over foundation on it. It hasn't done anything for acne I have either. I think once I run out i'll purchase something else. It's not a bad cleanser it just doesn't help me much. The price isn't bad, and I love the packaging and how it locks so when traveling with it the pump wont leak all over your bag. But other than that, thats all I like about it.

*EDIT* i'm trying to shop my stash, and I pulled this out as i've just moved and don't wanna spend extra money on stuff that I have a ton laying around in my closet. using this with my Clarisonic is DOES remove all traces of dirt and oil from my face. I was using a Murad cleanser, and I noticed there was alot of irritation so I decided to use this instead. immediately I noticed a change in my skin and irritation was gone. I think I've fallen in love with this cleanser, and found a way to make it work for me. I haven't purchased this in awhile, and from what I remember the price was really good so when I finish this one I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gently cleanses and completely removes all makeup, including liquid eyeliner without any stinging of the eyes. It also helped clear up a major blemish that stubbornly refused to go away until I started using this cleanser. However, it leaves my skin feeling quite dry - enough so that I will not repurchase. After two weeks of use, my skin has developed dry patches on my cheeks and chin and no amount of moisturizer is helping. I usually use Aveeno but tried this on a whim when I ran out and I have never experienceed this level of dryness with the Aveeno cleanser (which I've used for 3 years now). I would give this product a rating of 3.5 if I could - I think it does the job and would work well for certain skin types, just not mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is my regular face wash that I use every morning and night and I loooove it! I have very strange, combination skin... It is very sensitive and can get red and dry. However, no matter what it is ALWAYS oily and I always have a blemish or two. This cleanser is great because it does not irritate or dry-out my skin and it also helps control oil. Love love love it. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin, be careful. Although it is called a "Sensitive Skin" cleanser, it does have a fragrance to it (which can irritate some sensitive skin types) and has a gel-like consistancy (which can not be moisturizing enough for some sensitive skin). My skin works well it, but everyone's skin is different!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dh494

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

5 stars all the way! this is the best cleanser i have ever used (note, i also own fresh soy cleanser, philosophy purity and caudalie gentle foaming). this cleans my skin thoroughly without drying it out at all! i'm truly sad that it's being discontinued. i've used it for years and not sure what i will turn to next :(