April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cherrycokezero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love creme foundations in a compact, and I remember using this years ago and loving it. (I really loved one by Almay for acne but when they revamped everything, they got rid of it!! However, when I recently purchased this, it seemed to just sit on my skin and I looked like an oil spill by 11 in the morning. When I touched my face, almost all of this foundation wore off. Not happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by edamameb

I discovered this product around 12 years ago, in Sand beige it really does match my asian skin tone completely without giving me a drugstore pink face.
I've read most of the reviews here and they aren't off the mark.
This foundation is terrific if you have a relatively okay complexion that needs evening out.
Does tend to accentuate dry spots and flakes, so make sure you moisturize well beforehand.
I also agree that it will melt off your face. Not for use in humid conditions, and do not press your phone to your face!
That said, I think the packaging is functional, and this foundation is easy to apply. Any unevenness, redness etc is easily masked, giving you an even toned complexion.
It leaves a dewy finish, which is great if you don't have acne, but for those who are shine-prone, I suggest a light application of mineral make up on top.
Why should you have to use two products? Because not everyone's skin is the same :)
Very natural looking color, no pink hues, no gray cast. It's not the perfect make up, but for the price, it's worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by egy77

So far I like this foundation. I just stopped using Mac Studio fix after reading reviews about how it breaks out some people (just an attempt to finally narrow down on the reasons behind my breakouts). It is very hard to match my skintone and that's why I was kinda skeptical about using a drugstore brand. But I am shocked it matches perfectly and you can't beat the price. However, my face gets just a bit more shine than usual when I use this but if it doesn't clog my pores (like it claims it does) than I am fine with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by 4liesel

This is a great product. Easy to use. Excellent colors. I also have oily skin so I find I need to powder more frequently when I wear this foundation, but it works, and the price is right.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ValerFree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product. It provided good coverage, but occasionally made my face look a little oily. It does smudge off pretty easily though. I do think this is a good all in one product, because I do not have to use concealer with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Stephydoodles

I am acne prone, with very dry and sensitive skin that has oily patches (chin and nose), and this really works for me. It doesn't look cakey or give me dry spots, it has buildable coverage so I can get what I need out of it. FINALLY!!! I just use the compact, slap on a little blush and mascara and I'm good to go. I don't even need concealer or anything and it doesn't get greasy on me, or transfer onto my cell phone screen!

And I'm so happy that they have my shade, I am the lightest one available for this line, and it doesn't make me look too white or unnaturally tan. Its perfect. It lets me skin breathe, and doesn't sweat off, and I can easily remove it. I haven't broken out yet and I can tell you that this is the FIRST MAKEUP EVER THAT HASN'T BROKEN ME OUT. I am elated. Thank you Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel that this product is a lot like Colorstay, minus the 'stay' part. What I like most about this is that it looks really natural and I love that it's full coverage. The product tranfers really easily which can be pretty embarassing (it left orange stains on a friend's white mobile phone!) so don't use this if you're planning to do a lot of cheek bumps, kissing etc lol. It accentuates dry, flaky areas. Also, after about 5-6 hours, my face looks pretty greasy. I'll be buying again though, since I love the coverage and how convenient it is to carry around in a compact. I'm acne-prone and haven't broken out from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is okay...it's kinda hit or miss with me. sometimes it looked pretty good, but on other days it would make my face look greyish and flakey. it's a little too thick for me, and looks overly cakey if used with a heavy hand. it does cover acne and stuff, but it also emphasizes pores, so it's kind of a lose-lose situation if you have acne. i have a bunch of cats, and cat hair got stuck all in the creme, so i'm gonna throw it away. i won't repurchase...i like liquid foundation better. liquid provides so much lighter coverage that's actually buildable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a sucker for do it all products unfortunately this one fell a little short or should I said slipped a little short,, I'm meltingggg... it's a little better if I apply powder but since it's a 2 in 1 it seem to defeat the purpose so I'll keep looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ias23

this creme foundation is totally a no no, this is cakey and make my lines and pores visible..