September 2, 2014 | 1996 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this awhile back wanting to try a cream to powder foundation. At first, I hated it. It went on thick and made me break out. Then I watched a vid on YT where they suggested spraying Fix+ on a stippling brush to thin it out and it works so well. The coverage is great and it lasts sooo long. Made it all the way to Vegas from D.C. and through the night with no touchups.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by annpatricia

At first I liked this product but now not so much. It makes my face too shiny despite being a cream to powder foundation. Even with a powder set on top I still look shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad product. I have oily skin so this is too creamy for me. It is supposed to be a cream-to-powder foundation. However, I do not get any powder finish except a creamy finish. The finish is from medium to full coverage depending how much product is applied. The foundation covers large pores well. but it definitly clings to any dry patches. I think this is very much like discontinued Almay line smooth compact foundation except Almay's has a lighter coverage. I choose tender peach color which is a good color match. Great product for normal skin girl and Oily skins stay away from this one at least in the summer time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I've been trying different creme makeups and what I've figured out is that I definately need creme to powder. This is awesome in the following ways; It provides a nice dewy but kind of shiny finish and makes you look very heathly. Sand was a good shade for me as I am fairly light with yellow undertones. It has good coverage and it's not drying. I also like the SPF. Ok, your're probably thinking, "then why the low rating?" Allow me to explain; THIS NEVER DRIES!!! This is really frustrating to me because I put it on and at any moment, it's bound to come off, which I cannot take. And when it does, it looks terrible if you try to fix it. I have VERY dry skin, so this is really hard for me to understand. But I do know that I can't have a makeup that never dries. It's like it doesn't really bond or blend in with your skin. And so because of this problem, ik's plain useless to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cherrycokezero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love creme foundations in a compact, and I remember using this years ago and loving it. (I really loved one by Almay for acne but when they revamped everything, they got rid of it!! However, when I recently purchased this, it seemed to just sit on my skin and I looked like an oil spill by 11 in the morning. When I touched my face, almost all of this foundation wore off. Not happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by edamameb

I discovered this product around 12 years ago, in Sand beige it really does match my asian skin tone completely without giving me a drugstore pink face.
I've read most of the reviews here and they aren't off the mark.
This foundation is terrific if you have a relatively okay complexion that needs evening out.
Does tend to accentuate dry spots and flakes, so make sure you moisturize well beforehand.
I also agree that it will melt off your face. Not for use in humid conditions, and do not press your phone to your face!
That said, I think the packaging is functional, and this foundation is easy to apply. Any unevenness, redness etc is easily masked, giving you an even toned complexion.
It leaves a dewy finish, which is great if you don't have acne, but for those who are shine-prone, I suggest a light application of mineral make up on top.
Why should you have to use two products? Because not everyone's skin is the same :)
Very natural looking color, no pink hues, no gray cast. It's not the perfect make up, but for the price, it's worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by egy77

So far I like this foundation. I just stopped using Mac Studio fix after reading reviews about how it breaks out some people (just an attempt to finally narrow down on the reasons behind my breakouts). It is very hard to match my skintone and that's why I was kinda skeptical about using a drugstore brand. But I am shocked it matches perfectly and you can't beat the price. However, my face gets just a bit more shine than usual when I use this but if it doesn't clog my pores (like it claims it does) than I am fine with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by 4liesel

This is a great product. Easy to use. Excellent colors. I also have oily skin so I find I need to powder more frequently when I wear this foundation, but it works, and the price is right.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ValerFree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product. It provided good coverage, but occasionally made my face look a little oily. It does smudge off pretty easily though. I do think this is a good all in one product, because I do not have to use concealer with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Stephydoodles

I am acne prone, with very dry and sensitive skin that has oily patches (chin and nose), and this really works for me. It doesn't look cakey or give me dry spots, it has buildable coverage so I can get what I need out of it. FINALLY!!! I just use the compact, slap on a little blush and mascara and I'm good to go. I don't even need concealer or anything and it doesn't get greasy on me, or transfer onto my cell phone screen!

And I'm so happy that they have my shade, I am the lightest one available for this line, and it doesn't make me look too white or unnaturally tan. Its perfect. It lets me skin breathe, and doesn't sweat off, and I can easily remove it. I haven't broken out yet and I can tell you that this is the FIRST MAKEUP EVER THAT HASN'T BROKEN ME OUT. I am elated. Thank you Revlon.