Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/14/2010 6:05:00 AM

I had forgotten about this product after reading reviews a while back and wanting to try it. The only issue I found was the very limited choice of colours in Boots, they had about 3 colours so I couldn't try it. I then continued to use my mineral foundation but really wanted to change as I was sick of the powdery look I felt I always had. Once again in Boots, I tried the lightest colour they had (03 sand beige) and thought it was a pretty good match for my pale-golden asian skin. I like the creamy consistency of this foundation - it goes on very well with a brush as I don't use the sponge provided unless for top-ups throughout the day. The coverage is just enough to cover my uneven skintone and blemishes (using a bit more with a concealer brush). Overall I really like this product as I think it gives me a nice dewy look without looking too made up. I haven't found it's borken me out (any more than usual) and I will continue to purchase for now.

on 1/11/2010 10:53:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this BUT it breaks me out. If your skin can handle it, it's wonderful.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

so i bought this a while back thinking i might start using a new foundation and one being creme where i cud carry it with me and reapply if nything while i was at school or elsewhere. it was ok at first, i really liked it. but the color was just off. i got it in the shade honey beige which turns out is way darker than my skin tone. i also found it a bit too creamy for me and made me shiny looking, which i did not want. after a while i found it made me break out. overall i did not like it and thought it was a waste of money in the end.

on 1/4/2010 11:48:00 PM

I bought this awhile back wanting to try a cream to powder foundation. At first, I hated it. It went on thick and made me break out. Then I watched a vid on YT where they suggested spraying Fix+ on a stippling brush to thin it out and it works so well. The coverage is great and it lasts sooo long. Made it all the way to Vegas from D.C. and through the night with no touchups.

on 12/30/2009 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I liked this product but now not so much. It makes my face too shiny despite being a cream to powder foundation. Even with a powder set on top I still look shiny.

on 12/13/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a bad product. I have oily skin so this is too creamy for me. It is supposed to be a cream-to-powder foundation. However, I do not get any powder finish except a creamy finish. The finish is from medium to full coverage depending how much product is applied. The foundation covers large pores well. but it definitly clings to any dry patches. I think this is very much like discontinued Almay line smooth compact foundation except Almay's has a lighter coverage. I choose tender peach color which is a good color match. Great product for normal skin girl and Oily skins stay away from this one at least in the summer time.

on 12/13/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying different creme makeups and what I've figured out is that I definately need creme to powder. This is awesome in the following ways; It provides a nice dewy but kind of shiny finish and makes you look very heathly. Sand was a good shade for me as I am fairly light with yellow undertones. It has good coverage and it's not drying. I also like the SPF. Ok, your're probably thinking, "then why the low rating?" Allow me to explain; THIS NEVER DRIES!!! This is really frustrating to me because I put it on and at any moment, it's bound to come off, which I cannot take. And when it does, it looks terrible if you try to fix it. I have VERY dry skin, so this is really hard for me to understand. But I do know that I can't have a makeup that never dries. It's like it doesn't really bond or blend in with your skin. And so because of this problem, ik's plain useless to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really love creme foundations in a compact, and I remember using this years ago and loving it. (I really loved one by Almay for acne but when they revamped everything, they got rid of it!! However, when I recently purchased this, it seemed to just sit on my skin and I looked like an oil spill by 11 in the morning. When I touched my face, almost all of this foundation wore off. Not happy!

on 9/24/2009 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this product around 12 years ago, in Sand beige it really does match my asian skin tone completely without giving me a drugstore pink face.
I've read most of the reviews here and they aren't off the mark.
This foundation is terrific if you have a relatively okay complexion that needs evening out.
Does tend to accentuate dry spots and flakes, so make sure you moisturize well beforehand.
I also agree that it will melt off your face. Not for use in humid conditions, and do not press your phone to your face!
That said, I think the packaging is functional, and this foundation is easy to apply. Any unevenness, redness etc is easily masked, giving you an even toned complexion.
It leaves a dewy finish, which is great if you don't have acne, but for those who are shine-prone, I suggest a light application of mineral make up on top.
Why should you have to use two products? Because not everyone's skin is the same :)
Very natural looking color, no pink hues, no gray cast. It's not the perfect make up, but for the price, it's worth buying.

on 9/15/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far I like this foundation. I just stopped using Mac Studio fix after reading reviews about how it breaks out some people (just an attempt to finally narrow down on the reasons behind my breakouts). It is very hard to match my skintone and that's why I was kinda skeptical about using a drugstore brand. But I am shocked it matches perfectly and you can't beat the price. However, my face gets just a bit more shine than usual when I use this but if it doesn't clog my pores (like it claims it does) than I am fine with that.