MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

on 6/14/2010 2:02:00 PM

I love MAC eyeshadows and usually stick to more natural earthy tones. This brown shade was a little darker then I wanted but it works well to acheive smoky eyes. I like the little bit of sparkle it has in it, and the ease as to which it goes on. It seems to stay put all day long.

on 6/10/2010 11:48:00 AM

Mulch is my go-to crease/outer corner color. It is a beautiful deep brown with gold shimmer. It looks great on the eyes and blends like a dream. To me this is warmer shade so for cool toned gals the red undertones in this, you might not like. I apply with a light hand, as I am cool-neutral. My favorite shades to pair this with..Patina on the lid with this in the crease is faboosh!! (pixiwoo did a tutorial on this, great combo). All that Glitters looks good on the lid as well (this also runs warm). Another fav pairing is the new WnW Nutty e/s single, nice balance of cool and warm toned shades.

Since I only use this for crease work, I have had this color for a few years and just about hitting pan. I have, however, discovered a pretty good dupe from WnW, so I am not sure if I will re-purchase. If you look at the WnW Vanity palette, there is a shimmery brown shade that is pretty darn close to Mulch. I tried both, putting one on each eye and could not tell the difference. So I am in a pickle on re-purchasing...$4 for 6 shadows I use vs. $14 for one. I don't want to knock lippies off for that though, because this is a great, flattering shade with many e/s. Def one of the favorite e/s I have tried from MAC.

on 5/21/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite brown eyeshadow. So gorgeous and a great date night color.

on 5/12/2010 2:10:00 AM

Pigmented, smooth, blendable, shimmery, warm, midtone brown. What more do I need to say?

on 5/11/2010 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Intense golden reddish-brown flecked with golden-bronze shimmer, velvet.

I was looking for a "golden brown with some shimmer" eye shadow for my upper lid to help deflect from my dark bluish under eye circles (read about this trick in Allure). Mulch was the winner for my NC30 skin (dark hair and eyes)...and it looks divine with Naked Lunch (my e/s staple)! Mulch is like an eye shadow version of Teddy eye kohl. Mulch's golden brown color does help take the emphasis off of my under eye circles, and I no longer have the black eye look (a problem I was having with Satin Taupe (though ST is a beautiful color)!!!! I looked at the other usual candidates, but Mulch was just perfect. The other colors seemed too light, orange or cool. I never would have picked it out based on how it looks in the pan...it looked way too dark. But on, it is gorgeous and subtle!!! I could also build it up for more drama. Thanks to all of you for suggesting it!

on 5/10/2010 7:47:00 PM

This is a very pretty brown, looks boring in the pot, beautiful on the lid. I use it as a lid wash and a crease color, when put next to bronze they look similar in the pot and very different once applied. I highly recommend adding this to your brown palette.

on 5/8/2010 11:19:00 AM

I seriously love this color, I've been eyeing it for a while but i would always tell myself I had enough brown eyeshadow. Finally I gave in and bought it. I'm really glad i did, its not quite like any other brown I had. Its a medium brown that to me looks like it has slightly reddish tones with light silver shimmer, no fallout though, not chunky glitter like a lustre or anything. Mulch is a velvet finish so it only has slight shimmer particles. I'm wearing it today with all that glitters on the lid and dipdown fliudline as my eyeliner and this is definitely my new go to/everyday look. I think any neutral lover would enjoy it :]

on 5/7/2010 11:49:00 PM

A very standard crease/outer v colour. It's great for someone starting out because it's just a very universal colour, beautiful brown with fine gold and silver shimmer. It's not the most interesting colour, but that doesn't make it any less beautiful. A great staple shade.

on 5/2/2010 12:25:00 AM

This is my go-to week day shadow. It's one you can wear even on days when you don't want to wear much mu but you can also build it up for dramatic, sultry eyes. It's the perfect brown with a touch of shimmery copper. I got it free at the MAC store too because I had 6 empty MAC containers! weee! ^_^

on 5/1/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Mulch looks so beautiful on my MAC NW43 skin. I usually wear this all over my lid, with Texture or Saddle in the crease for a wear to work look. It is my favorite MAC brown eyeshadow, so i will definitely repurchase.

Popular Eye Shadows