April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nikki5

Mulch is my go-to crease/outer corner color. It is a beautiful deep brown with gold shimmer. It looks great on the eyes and blends like a dream. To me this is warmer shade so for cool toned gals the red undertones in this, you might not like. I apply with a light hand, as I am cool-neutral. My favorite shades to pair this with..Patina on the lid with this in the crease is faboosh!! (pixiwoo did a tutorial on this, great combo). All that Glitters looks good on the lid as well (this also runs warm). Another fav pairing is the new WnW Nutty e/s single, nice balance of cool and warm toned shades.

Since I only use this for crease work, I have had this color for a few years and just about hitting pan. I have, however, discovered a pretty good dupe from WnW, so I am not sure if I will re-purchase. If you look at the WnW Vanity palette, there is a shimmery brown shade that is pretty darn close to Mulch. I tried both, putting one on each eye and could not tell the difference. So I am in a pickle on re-purchasing...$4 for 6 shadows I use vs. $14 for one. I don't want to knock lippies off for that though, because this is a great, flattering shade with many e/s. Def one of the favorite e/s I have tried from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite brown eyeshadow. So gorgeous and a great date night color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

Pigmented, smooth, blendable, shimmery, warm, midtone brown. What more do I need to say?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAffair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Intense golden reddish-brown flecked with golden-bronze shimmer, velvet.

I was looking for a "golden brown with some shimmer" eye shadow for my upper lid to help deflect from my dark bluish under eye circles (read about this trick in Allure). Mulch was the winner for my NC30 skin (dark hair and eyes)...and it looks divine with Naked Lunch (my e/s staple)! Mulch is like an eye shadow version of Teddy eye kohl. Mulch's golden brown color does help take the emphasis off of my under eye circles, and I no longer have the black eye look (a problem I was having with Satin Taupe (though ST is a beautiful color)!!!! I looked at the other usual candidates, but Mulch was just perfect. The other colors seemed too light, orange or cool. I never would have picked it out based on how it looks in the pan...it looked way too dark. But on, it is gorgeous and subtle!!! I could also build it up for more drama. Thanks to all of you for suggesting it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty brown, looks boring in the pot, beautiful on the lid. I use it as a lid wash and a crease color, when put next to bronze they look similar in the pot and very different once applied. I highly recommend adding this to your brown palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by luvnyc123

I seriously love this color, I've been eyeing it for a while but i would always tell myself I had enough brown eyeshadow. Finally I gave in and bought it. I'm really glad i did, its not quite like any other brown I had. Its a medium brown that to me looks like it has slightly reddish tones with light silver shimmer, no fallout though, not chunky glitter like a lustre or anything. Mulch is a velvet finish so it only has slight shimmer particles. I'm wearing it today with all that glitters on the lid and dipdown fliudline as my eyeliner and this is definitely my new go to/everyday look. I think any neutral lover would enjoy it :]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very standard crease/outer v colour. It's great for someone starting out because it's just a very universal colour, beautiful brown with fine gold and silver shimmer. It's not the most interesting colour, but that doesn't make it any less beautiful. A great staple shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to week day shadow. It's one you can wear even on days when you don't want to wear much mu but you can also build it up for dramatic, sultry eyes. It's the perfect brown with a touch of shimmery copper. I got it free at the MAC store too because I had 6 empty MAC containers! weee! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mulch looks so beautiful on my MAC NW43 skin. I usually wear this all over my lid, with Texture or Saddle in the crease for a wear to work look. It is my favorite MAC brown eyeshadow, so i will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite Mac eyeshadows! I mainly use this as a crease color and I love it! Goes great with browns but my favorite is wearing it with a dark smokey eye! I usually wear Mac Carbon on my lids and Mulch in the crease and love the way it looks! I also like to wear it on my lower lash-line and it's so pretty-not the "I look like I got punched" look. Mulch wears well and is very pigmented and has shimmers in it so it's wearable during the day as well. This has become a staple in my collection. I'm NC40 for reference.