September 2, 2014 | 1050 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Fantasy Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Katyllw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the few things I can say that God *Did* bless me with is black lashes. For the most part I really dont need a mascara but I wear it simply because im not the best at applying a liner. This adds a little bit of depth to the eye for me and legnth is always nice. I have beautiful dark lashes, but by no means are they long.

That being said I love this product because I simply apply a small about of primer to the tips of my lashes. When you arent applying it to the whole freekin lash clumps arent a problem. Next I just add the mascara over the tops of that and Voila' no problems for me.

Id say that....occasionally....some products require breaking the traditional application techniques, I wouldnt use this to double or tripple coat both sides of your lashes then go through picking out clumps and combing them back into submission.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You can look at my profile to see my before and after pics with this mascara. I used to not really care for lash primer, but I must say that this mascara has changed my mind.

The primer goes on quite thick, but nothing impossible to solve. I just comb out any clumps that might form, which really aren't many. Then I apply the mascara. I see the mascara as being a colored coating to the primer really. The mascara does not add significantly to the lashes, but it does its job very well. This primer/mascara combo it quite impressive at lengthening the lashes. Out of a 5 for lengthening, I would give it a 4.5 (I am sure there is much better out there). Out of a 5 for thickening I would give it a 3.5-4.

The primer/mascara combo holds the curl. It does not grey out. It does not flake or smudge, and it is not a super pain to take off. Would I buys this again? absolutely. I really like the effects of it. In face it really plays up my eyes on the days when I just don't want to put shadow on, but I want to still look pretty.

You know those days...the "natural days."
Two thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 2:12:00 AM More reviews by tw

Another product I wanted to love. Even after curling my lashes, which I hate to do since they break so easily, this product gives me stick straight lashes. The primer is thicker and clumpier than the mascara - so much so that even after 2 coats of mascara I can see while lumps poking through. Using a separator on my lashes after the primer doesn't help. This is everything I don't want in a mascara. Clumps, flakes, smudges, and no curl.

Edit: I thought I might have been unfair, so I tried it one more time (how dumb can I be?). I did get all the white clumps out this time. Eventually. The only thing I can add is that, with two coats of mascara and lots of separating, it does give soft, natural looking lashes. But that's not exactly what you use a product like this for.

Edit 2: Like an idiot, I decided to try the new formula, with the new rubber brushes. I will say this - it's 1000% better than before. And still, not worth it at half price - but I upped it to 3 stars because it no longer clumps or smudges and the primer is now cover-able with the mascara. However, it's still a natural looking mascara (no fantasy here) and drags the curl out before it's dry. If you're stuck away from home and need a drugstore mascara in a pinch, this is probably a decent bet. For a daily mascara, look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Here's the deal...I love the primer, but I hate the mascara. I've been using the primer and Maybelline's Full and Soft mascara for over a year now and I always get compliments on how wonderful my lashes look. I really wish I could find a primer that didn't come with a mascara so I wouldn't be wasting money on something I won't be using. Oh well...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by roborutanya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only fantasy with this mascara is that Revlon thought it would be a hit !!!!!! It gives no length and clumps my lashes. I do not recommend this garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by courtneeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the idea of a primer/mascara duo, and have been a loyal customer to Maybelline's XXL product. However, I decided to try this slightly less expensive mascara, thinking it would supply the same lovely lashes. Well, its not a bad mascara, but Maybelline's is way WAY way way better. This mascara doesn't really produce much of a difference than a regular mascara without the primer feature. What a waste of an extra step. So I'm just going to have to stick with what seems to always work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kaycees

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara and the two-step application. My lashes look great. I've tried plenty of mascaras over the years from cheap to really expensive. Since finding this one, I keep coming back - it doesn't smear; it's easy to remove with soap and water, it looks just wonderful. Works for me, but apparently not everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pa1555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had passed over this mascara at $8.99 but friend raved about so much that I went out and bought several when they were on sale. What a waste of money. As other reviewers note, the white primer gets clumpy after a while. It never seemed to stick to my lashes. Just little chunks here and there. The mascara side didn't seem to stick much either and I end up trying to paint the primer clumps. I don't recall the instructions indicating that you should wait for the primer to dry before applying the mascara but I tried to wait and it took too long. The brushes seem like they could give good results with a different mascara. Besides the fact that you could hardly tell I was wearing mascara, these products seemed to be all dried up by the 3rd or 4th use!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cloudy_day

I've always liked L'Oreal's Voluminous the best, but I wanted to try something different -- and I chose this one mainly becuase it was on sale. It's OK. I do like the primer, but I think a little of the mascara goes a long way. And this stuff stays on really well! I haven't had an any flaking or smearing at all. It makes my lashes really long, but not quite thick enough. Still, a good buy for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by l3utterflybean

So, I already love voluminous by Loreal, and naturally glossy by clinique, but I really wanted to give this a try. I don't think there's anything special about it. Like some other people have stated; the mascara alone is fine, and the primer used with other mascaras works, but the two together don't do anything that spectacular. To say the least...this mascara wasn't a lash fantasy!