July 29, 2014 | 1935 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

This is an interesting scent. The first 20-30 minutes I really hated this - it smelled exactly like cough syrup on me. Once it has time to settle, it turns into a violet powdery scent that I really like. The dry down reminds me a little of moonlight path from BBW and swedish fish candy : ) The bottle is beautiful! The sprayer can be a little hard to spray at times though....the SA at Sephora had a hard time making my sample. I will not be purchasing since I dislike the first 30 minutes, but if you can get beyond that, this is truly a beautiful perfume : )
****EDIT*** - okay I am bumping this up a lippie! I just bought the 1.7 ounce bottle of perfume and matching lotion at TJ Max for $24.99 and it is really growing on me! Smells really good...just wish it lasted a little longer on my skin. I get a good 3 hours and that is about it. This is truly a mystical, enchanting fairytale like fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I first smelled this perfume on vacation in the Bahamas. I loved the smell at the time but didn't purchase it and failed to write the name down so I could look for it later. When I finally figured out what it was I bought a bottle online and could not wait until i got it home.

Unfortunately, this was one of the worst perfumes I purchased. It smelled so strong that it gave me an instant headache. What's worse is that I sprayed it on while wearing a coat, so that coat smelled like this perfume for weeks.

I really wanted it to work but it just didn't agree with my body's chemistry. I can still remember the smell and even thinking about it brings back that headache...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew27

I remember the day a former co-worker walked by my desk, trailing Lolita Lempicka in her wake. My nose immediately came to attention and I demanded to know what she was wearing. She gave me the name and begged me not to buy it. We were friends outside of work so I knew it would be difficult to keep my purchase a secret, but I managed to wear this scent for over a year before she finally caught on, wearing it only on dates and spraying before bed and never wearing it anywhere I knew I'd bump into her. She'd discovered it first - it was only fair...

I bought a bottle for my younger sister for Christmas one year after she fell in love with the scent once she'd smelled it on me. I think the nose instantly decides whether or not it loves or hates this fragrance; there's no in-between, no moment of contemplation.

As a couple of previous reviewers have mentioned, this perfume DOES seem as though it could be an object from a Tim Burton movie, and the smell itself is whimsical and mysterious enough to bring to mind associations from several of his films. There is almost a "fog" to this scent that is at once inviting and romantic, yet could easily hint at something darker and mysterious, lying in wait.

It's light and powdery, yet deep and multi-layered. It brings to mind the innocent fantasies of a young girl, though, make no mistake - this perfume will not hint of subtle dreams and naivitee; to wear it is to openly invite the attention of others, and though it seems to tease as much as smile in a come-hither way, it is unmistakably bold in all its intentions, even if the expression is less than direct. With Lolita Lempicka, you'll turn heads and men will come running just to stand by your side and breathe it in. Truly a fairly tale in a bottle.

If you adore the scent of parma violets, as I do, you may find yourself loving this perfume. Bonus: the smell of licorice is known to entice men and this scent is loaded with the sharp smell of it, and softened with the powdery symphony of violet petals so as to disguise the notes you are actually smelling and present them in the form of a beautiful potion that giggles and sings...

If you're a fan of Flowerbomb or Kenzo Amour, do give this a try...

My only gripe is the bottle itself - lovely as it is; it leaks when transported and I believe the scent evaporated a bit as there is no lid (though I may have displayed my first one on my dresser in full sunlight -- which I've since discovered to be a big no-no...)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely, positively adore this perfume. The initial mist is strong with anise and rosewood but the dry down is so heavenly that I eagerly anticipate it's arrival. This fragrance is enchanting. I love to wear this scent on cold, rainy days because it's comforting and lovely. The lasting power stays all day and night. It also lasts on clothes forever - I love putting on a jacket and smelling this from a couple days ago. The almond, vanilla, tonka bean, and cherries (in a non-Jergens way) are the most noticeable in the gorgeous dry down. Definitely recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I got this as a present and I initially didnt really care too much for this when I first tried it. BUT it really grew on me. I think i didnt really know what to make of it when I first got it because it's such a unique scent. it's definately something you want to try next time you are at a dept store. This is also one of those scents, if you grow to like it, could easily become a signature scent as it is quite unique

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ginamused

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is a workday go-to for me. I am attracted to it's slightly off-kilter freshness. It is soft and inoffensive, yet not at all common or boring. It's just the thing for a person like me, who adores scents that would peel varnish off your furniture. It's one of my go-to-work-and-play-nice-perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with other reviewers who have noted the Tim Burton vibe, this one's got it! And that's why I love it, and wear it quite a lot. I smell this all the time in Italy, it's extremely popular there. And for anise/licorice lovers, you must have this in your collection. Quirky, sweet, and addictive....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

Holy incense, Batman! Got a sample of this from Sephora.
Very spicy smelling on my skin. I would describe it as a dab of anise plus a dash of musk, overlaid with a powdery sweetness, if that makes sense. Not a bad smell, per se.
Just not my cup of tea...I find it a bit heavy.
Gave me a slight headache after two sprays ;
it's concentrated stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

One of my favorites, but somewhat hard to describe. Sweet licorice, pretty violet, hints of earth and a touch of powder. The reviewer who said this has a Tim Burton feel to it was SO right. Mysterious, somewhat dark and haunting, with a girlish heart full of beauty and wonder. A unique, special fragrance with an absolutely gorgeous bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On me nothing special, could'nt wait to wash my arm :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No