Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 11/7/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk. What it smells like on me: Anise, cherry tobacco, and musk. The verdict? Very overtly feminine but too sweet. I mean it, this is very sweet. It gives me a headache, and it's not the violet or the anise. It's the annoying sweet musk that is so loud. This is not Angel. As much as I hate Angel, I think Angel is better crafted than this. They are both sickenly sweet, but the patchouli in Angel makes it more wearable. Be careful not to over-apply. Half a spritz is plenty.

on 10/19/2010 10:41:00 AM

I love almost everything about Lolita Lempicka. My favourite thing is that it is so distinguishable if i smell someone else wearing lolita lempicka i can tell straight away, this is great cause i find alot of perfumes smell very similar currently.
It has such a bold and spicy smell to it, and the bottle is just BEE UTEEEE i FUL. It looks so pretty on my make up table.
I usually find it really expensive and have to use it sparingly, I was paying up to $90 a bottle but i found a chemist that sells 100 mls for $60 so that solved that issue.
I also love how it feels thick and oily so you don't to use as much, and it's smell has the longest life out of any of my perfumes.
The reason I only gave i knocked off one lippy is for two really minor things, i always accidently spray it away from my bottle because of the oh so cute but a little impractical gold stem (nozzle) but that could be my unco-ness, and the second reason is if i spray it when my boyfriend or cat is around it causes them both to sneeze. lol

on 10/15/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is indeed a very interesting, mystic fragrance and it smells exactly how the add looks like: it smells like that bewiched forest, where fairies are hiding, sweet, tempting, makes me wanna dream.... and I really can imagine a fairy wearing this and the bottle is so unique and just pretty :) Though I have to admit that Iīm not very fond of the top note. That star anise/violet/ivy-cocktail is way too overpowering for my nose and thatīs the only reason I took one lippy off. But the middle note and the base are just wowzers! Love that cherry-scent combined with iris and liquorice and the always-noticable vanilla- and almond-base are my very own drug and they make this perfume so soft :D There are also other ingredients like the tonka bean, praline, musk, tobacco etc. but they are mixed very well, as I donīt smell each one of them but they do give this perfume that depth and the extra something (youīll know what I mean after you weared this a couple of hours ;) ).

So overall, if you like powdery sweet nifty scents: Lolita is something you must try out <3 Iīve rarely seen an add that describes the perfume itself so well like thisone.

on 10/11/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very feminine,strong,sexy perfume!!!Feels good when i put it on,i will buy it again and again.

on 9/19/2010 8:51:00 PM

This is one of the most interesting and unique perfumes I've ever come across. I agree with the reviewer who said it smells as if it has almond and cherries in it. It is a soft, powdery blend of almonds and cherries to my nose. The reason I did not give it a higher rating is because although I pick up that lovely scent, I also get a very synthenic quality from it. Such a shame it didn't quite work for me. However, I do know for a fact that it is beautiful with the right body chemistry: I actually found out this was my favorite aunt's signature scent several years ago. In my mind, I had never smelled this perfume when I tested it out, but it was instantly familiar. Where had I smelled this before...? I then realized it smelled like my beloved aunt, and the more I thought about it, I became quite sure that I had seen that pretty bottle on her dresser. The funny thing is that I never associated the scent with a perfume; I just thought it was her own lovely scent, a mish-mash of the different products she used. Now I know it was Lolita Lempicka.

on 9/8/2010 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Absolutely one of my fave fragrances, if not my FAVE fragrance. It is also my boyfriend's fave on me, and he always wants me to wear it. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the bottle design... It's like an expensive crystal... Beautiful ... with gold embellishments. The scent is for those who like sweet (like candy) scents. Another reviewer said it smells of licorice and that guys like that, and it's true, a friend of mine noticed the licorice scent. To me, it has a powdery/candy scent. It's slightly bold and flirtatious in its attitude, and you definitely feel like a little temptress when you wear it. I have a specific taste in fragrances, which is usually musky and sweet (like Burberry Brit, Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Deseo by Jennifer Lopez), so if you like that type of scent, you should love this. As always, try a sample on when visiting your fave department store. Ps I just tried it on right now to get a good description of the scent, and it's just now losing it's flavor five years after I bought it! Wow! Talk about long shelf life. Most perfumes only last about a year or more depending. But... This is a signature scent. One that makes me feel like I have the hottest secret on me. Oh... Why am I sharing it? ;}

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is hands down the most repulsive fragrance I've ever come across. Sad but true. The first time I sampled the fragrance, my body jumped away from the perfume counter involuntarily. That has never happened to me in my entire existence. The fragrance was overwhelmingly sickly sweet and overpowering. I find this odd since I adore L de Lolita Lempicka. But this dreadful fragrance...never again.

Such a shame. The bottle is to die for!

This is an interesting scent. The first 20-30 minutes I really hated this - it smelled exactly like cough syrup on me. Once it has time to settle, it turns into a violet powdery scent that I really like. The dry down reminds me a little of moonlight path from BBW and swedish fish candy : ) The bottle is beautiful! The sprayer can be a little hard to spray at times though....the SA at Sephora had a hard time making my sample. I will not be purchasing since I dislike the first 30 minutes, but if you can get beyond that, this is truly a beautiful perfume : )
****EDIT*** - okay I am bumping this up a lippie! I just bought the 1.7 ounce bottle of perfume and matching lotion at TJ Max for $24.99 and it is really growing on me! Smells really good...just wish it lasted a little longer on my skin. I get a good 3 hours and that is about it. This is truly a mystical, enchanting fairytale like fragrance.

on 8/27/2010 12:39:00 PM

I first smelled this perfume on vacation in the Bahamas. I loved the smell at the time but didn't purchase it and failed to write the name down so I could look for it later. When I finally figured out what it was I bought a bottle online and could not wait until i got it home.

Unfortunately, this was one of the worst perfumes I purchased. It smelled so strong that it gave me an instant headache. What's worse is that I sprayed it on while wearing a coat, so that coat smelled like this perfume for weeks.

I really wanted it to work but it just didn't agree with my body's chemistry. I can still remember the smell and even thinking about it brings back that headache...

on 8/9/2010 2:09:00 PM

I remember the day a former co-worker walked by my desk, trailing Lolita Lempicka in her wake. My nose immediately came to attention and I demanded to know what she was wearing. She gave me the name and begged me not to buy it. We were friends outside of work so I knew it would be difficult to keep my purchase a secret, but I managed to wear this scent for over a year before she finally caught on, wearing it only on dates and spraying before bed and never wearing it anywhere I knew I'd bump into her. She'd discovered it first - it was only fair...

I bought a bottle for my younger sister for Christmas one year after she fell in love with the scent once she'd smelled it on me. I think the nose instantly decides whether or not it loves or hates this fragrance; there's no in-between, no moment of contemplation.

As a couple of previous reviewers have mentioned, this perfume DOES seem as though it could be an object from a Tim Burton movie, and the smell itself is whimsical and mysterious enough to bring to mind associations from several of his films. There is almost a "fog" to this scent that is at once inviting and romantic, yet could easily hint at something darker and mysterious, lying in wait.

It's light and powdery, yet deep and multi-layered. It brings to mind the innocent fantasies of a young girl, though, make no mistake - this perfume will not hint of subtle dreams and naivitee; to wear it is to openly invite the attention of others, and though it seems to tease as much as smile in a come-hither way, it is unmistakably bold in all its intentions, even if the expression is less than direct. With Lolita Lempicka, you'll turn heads and men will come running just to stand by your side and breathe it in. Truly a fairly tale in a bottle.

If you adore the scent of parma violets, as I do, you may find yourself loving this perfume. Bonus: the smell of licorice is known to entice men and this scent is loaded with the sharp smell of it, and softened with the powdery symphony of violet petals so as to disguise the notes you are actually smelling and present them in the form of a beautiful potion that giggles and sings...

If you're a fan of Flowerbomb or Kenzo Amour, do give this a try...

My only gripe is the bottle itself - lovely as it is; it leaks when transported and I believe the scent evaporated a bit as there is no lid (though I may have displayed my first one on my dresser in full sunlight -- which I've since discovered to be a big no-no...)