July 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kirstenarrieta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this toner. I had been used the Clinique 3-step system for about two years and then switched to a Neutragena product. Not really sure why, but I did. But I have found my way back to these lovely products and DO NOT regret it at all! I had dealt with moderate acne problems, and after the medication I was put on my skin became sensitive to some cleansers and toners. I have had no problems with this product and love the way it makes my face feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaNicolee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use it like this: dump some on a cotton ball, do half my face - flip the cotton ball over, do the other half. And on longer days, it's incredible how much dirt this actually takes off. And as I've said, I love the tingly feeling - it makes me feel clean and refreshed - this is my favorite item out of my nightly skin care regime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as part of the 3-step system, and I like it! It is very cleansing and you can sort of feel it working due to the 'tingle' feeling. My skin is no longer dry after using this, and it removes makeup I may have missed great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Anskuu

I don't have a clear opinion about this toner. It left my skin clean enough, but I didn't really enjoy that ultimate fresh feeling afterwords - everybody who have used this product propably know what I mean. I don't regret purchaseing, but I will not buy it again eather. My perfect toner searching will continue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this toner. But, it does contain alcohol and skin irritating ingredients which makes me still on my search for my favorite toner. I loveee the packaging of this and the cute bottle. This works pretty well but again it is bad for the skin, so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This product is horrible and should not be used on human skin...period! Years ago, it contained ACETONE (YES, THE SAME STUFF YOU USE TO REMOVE NAIL POLISH!) I was part of a testing panel that compared that old formula with a newer, non-acetone version and Clinique eventually went with the newer formula. HOWEVER, this product still contains irritating ingredients and alcohol, which not only prevents your skin from properly creating collagen (hello wrinkles and and sagging skin) but also irritates the pore lining, causing the pore to produce MORE OIL to regulate itself! I was one of many oily-skinned people duped into thinking that alcohol helped control blemishes and oily skin, when in fact, it EXACERBATES pimples and oily skin- no wonder my skin was such a mess in my teens and 20's no matter what I did! My skin only started behaving itself when I cut all alcohol and skin irritants (menthol, etc.) out of my product lineup. Lesson learned!!!!! The ONLY Clinique toner that should EVER be considered is their MILD CLARIFYING LOTION, which is suitable for ALL skin types, dry or oily. STAY AWAY from their #1, 2, 3 and 4 toners- PLEASE!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by purplebox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best facial toner and people probably keep this to themselves as it's their beauty secret.

Many people will tell you that this product is harmful because of the alcohol content, it smells worse than nail varnish, etc.

Let me explain:
1. Clinique values in producing skin care for the most sensitive skin.
2. They believe in fragrance free application - especially for the face.
3. Every toner in the world smells almost the same afterall they share similar ingredients. But to cover up the toner-ish smell, they pump it up with fragrance (Loccitane, Kiehls, etc) marketing them with fruits extract, etc.
4. Of course with Clinique, you're getting it simple and bare - without the fragrance.
5. The alcohol content in Clinique is very minimal and it's infused only to reactive the other ingredients to make it work gently. It does not, like most people claim, harm your skin. Clinique has been around for years and if this is a huge concern of the people, do you think they will continue with this? They're the skin experts.
6. Most toners from other brands eg. toners with cucumber extract, etc are all flavouring "to an extend" and it contains colouring. Colouring doesn't just evaporates, it has to go somewhere and therefore absorbs into your skin, and you're locking them in with your moisturizer = Not good.
7. People like to pick put specific ingredients to discredit its use on skin. Let me tell you that it's not about the individual ingredients but the "combination" of ingredients to bring the best out of each ingredients that works together = that's why they call it a 'formula'. You can have all the best ingredients in a bottle and yet react negatively with one another.

I've tried many other toners, Kiehls, loccitane, after trying Clinique as I was attracted to the gentle fragrance and smooth texture of the rest but always ended up coming back to Clinique. I want results. Not the comfortable process without producing results. Toner applications only take up 5 secs of your daily routine after all.

Clinique has truly set the benchmark for other skin care brands, trying to market better solutions to people with being oil-free, ALCOHOL-free, with a sweet attractive scent.

Clinique is all bare. Simple. fragrance free, minimal application. Just the right balance to make your skin clean, smooth, soft, hydrated and perfectly prepped to lock in moisture without colouring-fragrance-pretty packaging-fruity nonsense. And again, the alcohol level is so minimal and neccessary to activate and shifts the other ingredients in the mildest way to work with our skin.

It's the best toner for me, and unlike other toners which has fruit / high flowery extracts, I can keep my toner for ages and it still works the same. And will not turn yellow, or fungus-y. Just a simple formula without the unnecessary.

What I like about clinique products in general is that they are created with expert care and passion. That's why they have so few varieties under their label. Some brand comes up with everything...all kinds of products to meet this and that which just shows how simply the ingredients were matched just to market the product out of demand. Clinique, to me, values on only producing products that they have perfected and are passionate about. Every item was given so much trials and dedication to give us the perfect skin.

If u reject this toner after just a few application due to the smell, you are losing out. That's all I can say. I get compliments all the time due to my flawless baby-skin and this is my secret.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oil skin and I thought I should try the #r clarifying lotion but it burned my face. I waas told by the lady working the counter that this product isn't a toner but an exfoliator and if you don't exfoliate you need to start at the bottom and work your way up once the product doesn't seem to be working. The #1 did nothing for my skin but the #2 is perfect for now. I will re-purchase this untill it no longer works and wil have to buy the #3. The ppackaging is nothing special just a screw off cap and you have to use a cotton ball but it has really cut my oil down :)
EDITTTT---- this made my face more oily and would be an oil slick after half an hour!!! Going back to my vichy toner!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by scarlettchan

This clarifying lotion was given to me as a tester. First, I opened the bottle. It smells so strong that a toner shouldn't smell like this. It even smells stronger than a nail polish remover! Then I put it on my face. I felt like putting on acid on my face which made me feel burnt immediately! I had to wash my face with tons of water! I am disappointed with this product because I really like Clinique moisture surge cream and I think the toner will be good too. I don't know if it's just me. But I can't use this product, it is just so horrible for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tracer2211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the review by kwcarr - I've Clarifying 2 for over 20 years but this last bottle first of all smelled different from the moment I opened it, and not in a good way.

Additionally, ever since I started using this new bottle, I have multiple small breakouts on my chin that I can't get rid of! Clinique needs to bring back the old formula.

TREHALOSE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL were not in the previous 2 forumlas. Why do they need to be in there now?

I'll be shopping for a new ftoner product because really, I mean, how can I get my chin waxed if I am too embarrassed by my breakouts?!?