Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 7/31/2014 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The brush isn't exactly the best. If you don't like hard, plastic wands, this isn't for you. It kind of hurts to apply when it brushes up against your lash line because of the stiff brush. The brush also doesn't do a great job of separating lashes, so they come out clumpy. I would consider it to be thick, so it does create a bold look. I don't really have any complaint about the color; it's standard black. It's been inconsistently flaky for me, so if you don't want to continually check yourself all day in a mirror, I would say that you should give this product a pass.

on 7/31/2014 3:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected a lot more from this product because I heard so many good things about it, but ended up pretty disappointed.

I like the brush and the packaging. The colors are pretty and the brush reaches each lash well. It has the strangest formula though, and after the first couple of uses it starts to dry out really, really fast. Its the first mascara I've used that got dry and flaky after just one month of usage. Applying it is a little bit of a chore because sometimes there are these dry clumps that get stuck to my lashes. Its not very long lasting either, and after a couple of hours I look like I'm wearing a lot less mascara than I left my house with - in short, not much can be said about the length and volume department either. Most of the time I wonder why I even bothered to put on any mascara.

on 7/28/2014 5:49:00 AM

I really am disappointed with this mascara, so many people seem to enjoy it. It's really nothing wonderful... I was hoping to have really long lashes full of volume but it barely lengthened them, didn't hold the curl very well, clumped and just didn't work for me at all. However, it did add quite a lot of volume, it could work if paired with a lengthening mascara but it does leak underneath your eye! Seriously, never going to use or repurchase this again.

on 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM

Ok so I hope I'm not the only one guilty of buying a product just based on the color of the tube...I bought this because of the deep blue colored tube and Maybelline is my favorite brand. It separates well and is good for a more natural look. However, it doesn't volume-ize my eyelashes which kind of sucks but whatever. I've purchased this i think twice?? One in waterproof and the other in washable. I like both but I haven't had the chance to actually test out the waterproof-ness haha but over I like it because even though it doesn't add volume, it separates better than I thought :)

on 7/19/2014 11:03:00 PM

Love it. It's build-able and lasts a long time. Easy application and has great colors.

It waterproof perfect for summer !

on 7/17/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is not for me. My lashes respond well to wet mascaras and this mascara is so thick and makes my lashes clumpy, it's not super black, and doesn't lengthen or separate them at all.

Comes out on my lashes clumpy its not very black and does not extend my lashes at all, very disappointed because of all the hipe i expected way more and am let down

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay I usually really hate the type of brush the rocket has, but this mascara makes my lashes feel so nice afterwords. My eyelashes end up pretty long! The only thing I wish was different is the pigment. Make it more black!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've bought this product about twice already. I love it! It makes my lashes look full & gives lots of volume. But at the same time they look natural. Its also last all day. The only down side is that it takes time to build up the product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials