Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 11/14/2014 6:34:00 PM

Clumps up my lashes like nothing else. Very disappointed with this mascara, I was expecting better.

on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Another top notch mascara made by Maybelline. I have worn Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara for years, and recently purchased The Rocket Volum' Express on a whim - color brownish black.

Rocket Volum' Express separates and lengthens my short upper lashes. Never knew my lashes could look so lush.

When I swipe the wand on the mascara container opening to remove excess product, do not have a lot of excess remaining at the top of the container opening, which is a plus because one won't have excess mascara overcoating and clumping on lashes.

Reviewers have mentioned this isn't an easy mascara to remove. It might not be the easiest, but it isn't impossible. I gently rub a cotton ball with baby oil on it over eyelashes, and then proceed with Albolene makeup remover over face and lashes.

Highly recommend this mascara.

on 11/7/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was previously using Dior iconic Overcurl and let me tell you this $6 tube of the rocker blows that $30 Dior out of the water! I have long eyelashes but they tend to fall flat, the rocket holds the curl all day and I've been asked many times if I'm wearing falsies. I can even use this without curling my lashes and you would never know. I use the waterproof one and its a little hard to remove but coconut oil works great. Def my HG mascara.

on 11/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this mascara based solely on the online reviews here on makeupalley.com. I know it advertises to add volume to lashes, but all I got was minimal length. No volume at all, actually it made my lashes look defined in an odd way. Like a bunch of skinny black toothpicks or something. The tips of my lashes also stuck together even after I tried using my lash comb. I think the formula is too wet for my liking, it also smelled strongly and stung my eyes.

on 11/3/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush is difficult to use and it keeps clumping.

h8 h8 h8 this mascara. I bought the blackest shade there is. Love the packaging, it is very cute. Onto the actual mascara, I hate it. The formula is thick and dry. It weighs down my lashes, even if I on a thin layer. I am Asian, and I don't have thin, sparse lashes. I have thick lashes and most mascaras tend to work on me, but this one didn't.

on 11/1/2014 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this mascara because my lashes looks longer and also long lasting.

on 10/31/2014 4:55:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. I've been using it for about 2 years now. I always have to layer other mascaras to get the lash loom I want, I like my lashes to be super huge and full and SUPER dark. I can actual use this mascara alone and can acheive that look. I usually hate mascaras with plastic brushes but this one is definitely an exception. It never clumps, layers easily, and makes my lashes look almost fake with 2 to 3 coats. Will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this mascara. It's really black, long lasting, and easy to apply with the plastic bristles. The volume is pretty good, it's not crazy dramatic but the volume is there, my only problem with this product is how hard it is to remove! It takes a few products to take off my lashes, and even the morning after removing, I'll find residue. It's a product worth using if you don't mind taking some extra time to remove it.

on 10/29/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Normally buy Maybelline "falsies" masscara and bought this for a change. I found the brush very difficult to work with, combined with how wet the formula is I get nothing but clumps. Impossible to build extra coats since they just clump even more. Don't even bother trying to put on your bottom lashes with this brush... it will go everywhere. The forumula is almost a cross between regular and waterpoof even though this is not technically the waterproof version. Definitely does not smudge but difficult to remove completely even with makeup remover. Honestly I could see the forumula working well but I hate the brush so much I went out and bought new mascara about three weeks after even though I was determined not to waste this tube. I will attempt to finish this stuff off using a different brush.