Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 8/11/2014 9:36:00 PM

i had high hopes for this mascara but i did not like it. i have short, straight lashes and this didn't do much for me. i have the waterproof formula which usually gives me more volume but this basically did nothing. would not buy again.

on 8/11/2014 1:20:00 PM

The first mascaras I ever bought were maybelline and I had no problems with them, but I also was looking for anything beyond covering my blonde lashes up. As I got older I bought other brands. Now I decided to give this particular mascara and I've found that it's pretty good but has a few flaws. I personally liked the creamy and thinish texture. The brush was good at lengthening but NOT separating at all. The bristles hurt a bit as they touch the lash line. I found that is was very good at getting to the roots of my lashes though. I liked that it came with the brush separate from the tube (very sanitary). It gave me a chance to see what the bush looked like. I found that I got the best look when I layered it over Clinique high impact mascara. Overall, the rocket volume mascara is very good with other mascaras but not especially good alone.

on 8/10/2014 8:11:00 PM

This so far has been my favorite mascara! It makes my eyelashes really pop!

on 8/10/2014 2:16:00 PM

This is one mascara that I'll purchase over and over. I love everything about it. The brush is perfect for volumizing lashes and doesn't clump up on me either. No flaking or smudging either. Great gem from the drugstore.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This was the best mascara I've had so far! It's great! The only issue I'd say is that it's a bit pricey but it's worth it!

on 8/9/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this after seeing it on a You Tuber and it gave her that false lash effect. I will not repurchase.

Honestly, I have bought this product many times... However, It's just a plain old drugstore mascara. Nothing about it is memorable or special or exciting. It's just another in the long line of $7-9 mascaras from the drugstore. I have repurchased because it's cheap, doesn't clump, and I do like the wand. It coats lashes with black ( or whatever color you choose ) but doesn't lengthen or do anything spectacular. It's a decent drugstore buy.

on 8/7/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The formula is wet and kind of thick feeling. The wand is straight, fat, thick, and rubber. It voluminizes mostly, and holds a "straight up" lash curl. I dont really like the look i get from this mascara because i like my lashes with a fanned out soft curl. But it really does look like you have a false eyelash look and really holds up for awhile. The most coats you'll ever need is about 2, anymore than that is spidery and clumpy. This mascara looks amazing on smokey eyes and lasts all day. The smell i absolutely hate, and it makes me cringe everytime i apply it onto my lashes, but its a good mascara. It really gets the root to the tip, but sometimes the tips of your lashes might have some balls of mascara on there , but you can easily remove it off with your fingers ( lightly tugging, not pulling) or you can keep it on there if you like that look.
For me this is a decent mascara, i have naturally long, full, and thick lashes.

on 8/6/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara is perfect! Ive repurchased over 10 times and I won't use anything else. I've tried expensive mascaras like Calvin Klein & Benefit & other drug store brands like Loreal but nothing compare!!!! One coat creates longer, fuller lashes. It's very buildable. Whenever I wear 3-4 coats ppl ask me if my eyelashes are false lashes!!! It does flake a little bit by the end of the day or if you mess with your lashes but other than that... No cons at all :)

on 8/5/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful for creating lush, voluminous but totally unclumpy lashes! I am a huge fan of big brushes because I feel as if I have more control. The formula is quite wet, so be cautious about blinking right after application. This mascara also holds a curl wonderfully, though it doesn't do much in terms of enhancing length.

Video Reviews & Tutorials