Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 9/21/2014 3:07:00 PM

This mascara works so well for me. I have thin lashes and this formula is just dry enough that it won't stick my lashes together, so I can build up the mascara nice and thick and still have all individual lashes stand out.

on 9/19/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this mascara, just as good as anything you'd get at Sephora or MAC, but 1/4 the price! Provides great volume and length with very minimal clumping.

on 9/15/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara over many that I own! It gives length and volume! I have had so many women ask me what masara I'm wearing that I look like I had false eye lashes on! It is long lasting, doesnt smudge and easy to take off!

on 9/7/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara. It is great for creating plump eyelashes with as little as one or maybe two coats depending on your lashes. Have stuck with this brand for over a year now. Fave cheap mascara fo sho.

on 8/29/2014 12:17:00 AM

oh my god, maybelline released a great drugstore mascara!!

honestly, i have a really hard time finding a good mascara. i have pretty nice eyelashes, thick and a good length, so obviously i'd like a mascara that really bring them out, right?

i really hate clumpy, thick mascaras that give a tacky doll eye-d effect. the six spidery lashes thing isn't my style at all, so i always look for mascaras with a very fine brush.

i was so happy to find a mascara with a good smooth consistency like this one, and a brush that left clumping and blotting to a minimum, and even gets small on the ends to use in the corners of your eyes for the longest lashes. it washes off pretty well, not impossible waterproof, but it wont melt onto your face when you're crying (ahaha...)

it's the best mascara i'll ever buy from target, lemme tell you that hahah. definitely reccommend.

on 8/28/2014 9:09:00 PM

I had high hopes with this mascara especially with all the hype it receives from the beauty gurus of youtube. Unfortunately, it let me down. It darkened my lashes and gave them a very natural look, which is fine, but not what I look for in a mascara. I want length, volume, and drama. This had none of that. Also, the packaging is huge and bulky, which I find to be extremely annoying. Bigger is not better when it comes to packaging!

on 8/28/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like this mascara a lot but in all reality it's just like cover girl lash blast and I personally like that better then this one. I bought the rocket to try out and I was pleasantly surprised but I hardly use it. Not the most impressive but good

on 8/24/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this was one of my first mascaras, and for a while, I hated it. The formula was incredibly clumpy and thick, and I ended up with spider-leg lashes. In addition, the big brush made it easy to mess up. However, in a youtube video, a beauty guru talked about wiping off the mascara wand every so often help the mascara apply better. I tried it, and it turned out, there was a thick layer of gunk that I had to rinse and scrape off. After doing that and putting it in hot water for a bit to make it less gunky, it works infinitely better. It goes on pretty easily now, and while if you pile it on you can still get spidery lashes, it doesn't flake or smudge. It stays on for 7+ hours and still looks decent. However, this doesn't give that much length, and while it does give volume, it is not very dramatic.

To sum up:

Pros:
-long lasting
-super black
-gives volume

Cons:
-thick, sometimes gunky formula
-can cause spider legs

In my opinion, this works great as an everyday mascara. Just make sure to wipe off the brush every so often.

on 8/20/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is s very nice product! One of my faves but my go to is the maybelline great lash lots of lashes :)

on 8/15/2014 2:14:00 PM

I have long, not so thick lashes, and this didnt do much for me. It didnt clump, and lashes looked good, but nothing special. Every lash was coated on its own, providing volume, but it looked too natural in my opinion. It doesnt smudge, lasts all day, but its hard too get off.

Popular Mascaras