L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips

2.8

on 4/5/2006 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I will add onto other people's comments and confirm that 1) it does indeed sting the eyes, and 2) it doesn't wipe off eye makeup well! The Maybelline eye makeup remover is cheaper, has a smaller and more convenient opening, is safer on the eyes, and works better.

on 4/2/2006 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does not clean-off eyemakes up too well and stings my eyes like *#%$@!
I like l'oreal stuff, but this one's a big no-no.

This has been a staple of mine for years. I love the refreshing feeling you get when you're removing your eye makeup. The price point is just a bonus. It's cheap, efficient and all around the best I've tried yet. Definately my HG!

UPDATE! This is no longer my HG, but its so cheap I'm sure I'll always have one in my stash. continued >>

on 3/19/2006 1:36:00 AM

I wear waterproof mascara a majority of the time and heavy eyeshadow, I find it removes my eye makeup easily, and dosen't irritate my sensitive skin or eyes, brilliant!! Also really cheap.

on 3/18/2006 1:55:00 PM

In the past when I didn't wear much mascara or eye make-up, I thought this product was ok and did the job. However, as I started to venture into mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadows, this gentle eye make-up remover is truly awful. It doesn't remove mascara, eyeliner or eyeshadow very well and sometimes it stings as well when I have to swipe over several times. Awful.

It gets light eye makeup off well, but I find I need a few swipes for heavier m/u, whereas with other eye m/u removers, one swipe usually does the trick. For the small amount you get for the price, there's better out there. I have to agree that this has the consistency of water. I swear if I didn't sniff it from time to time (very slight fragrance btw), I'd almost swear it were nothing but water. Overall not too happy with this.

on 2/10/2006 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never thought I had sensitive skin, but this stung so bad! It made my eyes puff up like individual blowfishes, and was not a very good makeup remover. Went into the trash immediately. Completely useless. I think I'll stick with baby oil, at least that doesn't make me look like I've been crying for 4 days straight.

This was an impulse buy for me, as I was out at the drug store and realized I had run out of my previous eye makeup remover. SO, I looked around for a bit and came across this pleasant looking blue stuff. Like someone else previously stated, I figured most eye makeup removers were created equally, so I grabbed this up and bought it--no questions asked. However, once I got it home and used it to remove my eye makeup, I realized my former ideas on the equal quality of eye makeup removers needed to be reevaluated! To put it bluntly: This stuff does practically nothing for waterproof mascara! This is unfortunate, since that's the type I primarily wear. As for eyeshadow and liner, it manages to get that off fairly well, but you're still left with the done-up lashes that are now flaking all over your face. You literally have to scrub your eye area with a cotton ball saturated in this stuff to even make a dent into the mascara, which I cannot possibly imagine is in any way good for your delicate eye-area. This stuff is not working for me, but if you don't care to wear waterproof mascara, this might be ok for removing that.

Ingredients: water, hexylene glycol, disodium cocamphodiacetate, dipotassium phosphate, potassium phosphate, sodium laureth-8 sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, allantoin, magnesium laureth-8 sulfate, magnesium laureth sulfate, sodiumolethsulfate, manesiumolethsulfate, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, fragrance, FIL # B4853/1

on 11/20/2005 1:52:00 AM

Totally useless. I'm fine with oily feel of dual-phase eyemakeup removers, but it at least has to take off the damn stuff. I have a preference for waterproof mascara, and this does zip for it. BLECK.

on 10/7/2005 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This eye make up remover works very well. I do not wear heavy eye makeup so I can't say very much but I think it is a good eye makeup remover for its price.
I would definitely repurchase.