April 21, 2014 | 1932 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by TheMiniCoope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful subtle pink color, very light and looks great with my skin color (nc25). Works great with a french manicure, but also looks wonderful alone. It's just a very polished, elegant looking pale pink that is easy to pull off.
As for streaking, I only encountered that once it started to get old and seemed to dry up, that's the only reason I took one lippie off. Other than that it's my HG nail color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Sasswagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this put on me as the base for a salon French mani and was really impressed at the application and final look. I wonder if there is batch-to-batch variability in the bottles - some reviews below have mentioned it being super streaky, but my bottle and the one the manicurist used on me were both surprisingly not-streaky. I use one coat and then paint a soft-white tip over it for a subtle French; one coat of this color, on my skintone, is sort of like a perfect non-color color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by FlorescentBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this color knowing it was going to be sheer and I was fine with it. The color is pretty and slightly buildable, although you will never really get rid of VNL (visible nail line). HOWEVER, this color is streaky. What is the point of sheers if they're going to be super streaky? By the time I got enough coats to even out the streaks enough, the polish was super thick and would not dry. Plus it bubbled and I tried 3 different top coats including Seche. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to nail polish and there are other sheers out there I like a lot more. My favorite is Essie Rock Candy. This one is more sheer than Bubble Bath but it is not streaky at all for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite of all the french-nude-pinky colors. Been wearing Bubble Bath for years and women always ask me what color it is. Three coats works best for me. Classy, clean looking, gorgeous. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by vanillanoir10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I happen to love this nail polish. I was so surprised reading a lot of the reviews and hearing people didn't like it. It's not one of my favorite OPI colors but I think it's a great staple light pink for a collection. It does go on sheer even after 2 coats so if you're looking for an opaque pink this one is not for you. It's also a great color for french manicures or for a work environment. I have very very pale skin and I love this color against it for a nice neutral look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this as a set along with 3 other mini bottles and out of the 4, this is not getting any love from me at all. I wanted this to work so badly and it's totally deceiving. Probably I just don't have the right skintone and nudes don't really go well with my pale, neutral to cool toned hands? I think this will look better on ladies with darker skin tone...

Colour in th bottle reminds me of soft cotton candy colour. Looks so delicious and I'd expect this to be jelly-like. But then in real life... I am not happy with the quality of this one.

Assuming the minis are as good as the full sized ones and let's assume I didn't get a bad one as I puchased this in an authorized retailer, this is so disappointing. With 1 coat on, the colour is uneven, oh fine, let's do the second coat. Still, very sheer and not streakless at all. 3 coats make the polish look more even but still sheer, not opaque. I can see the white tips of my natural nails easily and clearly. I'm not going to do my fourth coat. So time consuming and the colour will then be too pale and too solid to look good at all.

Being unhappy yet tired of smelling any more nail polish, I decided to leave it on. It took me 3+ trials to apply this on to get acceptable results. I leaved it on and on the second day it chipped. A large chuck. Ack. I even have base & top coats on and this is so unusual with me. At least my other OPIs last longer than this.

Certainly not repurchasing this one. For something similar though probalby not as pink & mroe white, I prefer So Laque in Rose Lounge from Bourjois. It's like a soft white creme with a hint of pink. Quality is better too - can survive 4+ days without a top coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by julesanddaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Classic and pretty pink.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with Giada and when I found out this was the color she wore, I had to have it. Unfortunately, I did not take into account that I do not have the gorgeous olive skin that she does and when I wear this color I look like I let Elmer's glue dry on my fingertips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, I jumped on the Giada manicure bandwagon.

This is such a beautiful milky pink that's just classic and lovely. 2 coats are needed for that Giada magic color. I have a lot of pink in my skin and its the first nude pink that I've found to actually be flattering. The application is smooth and easy too. HG pink polish here for warm or olive skin tones- might be hit or miss for cool toned gals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Makes my hands look corpse-like. I was looking for a nice, natural nudey "my nails but better" pink and this is not it. The milky color clashes horribly against my light yellow skintone. It's still not completely opaque after 3 coats, and the formula is streaky and very sheer. OPI is one of my favorite NP brands because of the wide brush, but that could not redeem the unflattering shade of this color and BB certainly doesn't live up to the hype. My search for the perfect nude pink polish continues!

EDIT: Just wanted to add it's been peeling off already. What a shitty formula! It reminds me of Essie Ballet Slippers, an equally over hyped and unflattering color.