April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a good product. not great enough to blow my socks off but good.

it has good pigmentation and a lovely smooth texture. I think this might work better on someone with either dry skin, or in colder weather. Sadly, due to my menopausal status and hot flashes, this can melt right off my face -- especially in the T zone which is where most of the perspiration is happening... ew.

so, if you are younger, on a budget and have normal to dry skin or live in a cooler/cold climate, this would be a good BB cream. In my circumstances though, it doesn't work well.

if I had to choose between this product and BBrown, I would go for the savings because the finish of this product is quite lovely and it does a great job.

I will use it on airplanes, where I always have a dried up face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I don't really like this but I don't hate it either. I've been shopping around for light coverage products now that my skin doesn't need any covering up and picked this up. I wear this in the Light/Medium shade and am NC25 in MAC. Matches well and is sheer enough to work for a range of skin tones. I have been using it just over a month.

This has very, very light coverage. Like most "western" BB's - it is nothing more than a tinted moisturiser. Less coverage than Garnier BB cream or Rimmel's BB cream but more than the worst BB I have ever tried aka Olay Fresh Effects BB, then again air has more coverage than that junk. The Maybelline BB will not cover any broken capillaries, blemishes or anything - it can slightly even out skin tone. For me this is ok but not polished enough for work, plus it is a bit greasy and that means I'll be touching up with powder more than normal throughout the day. For running errands during the day this works. I still need to powder the t-zone but it looks natural and has no strong or cloying scent. Staying power is pretty much nil - max 3 hours on my face if that before it's disappeared completely. In all honesty - when I use this on myself some days I can't tell the difference between the areas I've already applied the BB cream to, and the areas I haven't yet. I tried this on my sister and she said it's like putting on moisturiser - you can't really tell you're wearing make-up, which is good - but then you have to use concealer or foundation to cover any imperfections which is another step you may not have needed. The finish is obviously super sheer but nice though, looks like skin, glow-y but can get slightly oily. Even on my combination skin (with flaky patches) this was shiny on top of the flakes. It does look better when my skin is less dry. This is probably best for normal skin or slightly oily (if willing to powder) or combination skin without dry patches. On the plus side it did not cause any breakouts. I find it works best in cooler weather with a bit of powder to tone down shine in the t-zone.

You will also likely need SPF underneath this - it only has about 1.15% titanium dioxide which is very low so I can't trust this alone. Regardless, I always wear a separate SPF underneath any base product.

Overall - if you expect an actual "BB" cream this sucks - it is the farthest thing from a real Korean BB cream and I have no clue why it was labelled as a BB. As a tinted moisturiser type product it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by OhMissJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on to my second purchase of the Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream; I love it. The cream goes on really well and blends perfectly into my very, very pale skin. It has great staying power for such a sheer tint.

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU IF:
- You have fairly good skin already and you just want something to give you a hint of colour to airbrush your complexion.
- You don't need any additional moisturising properties in your makeup.

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- If you're looking for a moisturising BB cream, you may want to look elsewhere; it is definitely not moisturising, but that works out well for me since I have combination skin and any moisturising foundations or BB creams leave my T-zone looking super shiny in no time.
- If you're looking for more opaque coverage, this isn't going to be your jam. It's a BB cream, not a foundation, and as such it's quite a sheer coverage. It doesn't hide freckles and if you have blotchy skin or an uneven skin tone I don't think it'll do much for you.

I hope this helps. x

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by delilah001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This BB Cream is horrible. It makes my skin look very oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by erinbeauty96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm currently on my third tube of this stuff! This is the only drugstore liquid face product that I've tried so far that doesn't exentuate my dry patches especially around my nose. You get 1 fluid oz for $7 which I think is a really good deal. I've read the other reviews on here & I've noticed that they complain about the coverage (too little) this is a bb cream not a foundation - it will only give you a sheer tint. It's good for everyday use or for when you're running out to the grocery store & want to just even out your skin tone. It's easy to apply & lasts a decent amount of time (about 5 hours). The only thing thing that I don't like about this is the smell, it's kinda smells like old makeup- but it's not gonna make me stop from buying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just so-so. Evens out skin tone somewhat but it is NOT moisturizing and does not make pores looks smaller. Will use up but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by WalkingTwizzler

Smells gross and doesn't do what it says packaging is horrible

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on sale at my local chemist after hearing all the hype about BB creams. This is the first BB cream I have tried and I have to say although I think this is a great product for the price, I feel like its not the right product for me.
The formula is a lot thinner than I expected and offers very little coverage. I am very fair and "light" is a perfect match for my skin... I do not find it orange at all like some other reviewers (perhaps you need to give the tube a bit of a shake?). I like the feel of it on my skin, it's not overly hydrating, but it doesn't dry my skin out either. I haven't noticed any smell at all.
I really like the packaging as it's lightweight and spillproof... It's great to just throw in your handbag when you're on the run or in your beach bag to touch up after you've been for a swim.

I think this would be a great buy for teenagers who are new to makeup or women who are lucky enough to not need a full cover foundation. I will keep this in my travel bag for when I'm on holidays and cant be bothered putting a full face of makeup on. Overall I think it's a great product, just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Abbyb717

I never really was interested BB creams. I'm a full coverage gal - and knowing BB creams are quite sheer, I just figured it wasn't for me. But after all the hype BB creams had been getting, I caved in and decided to try one. After hearing good things about the Dream Fresh BB cream, I decided to purchased it. The first time I tried it, what immediately caught my eye was the shade - It was so orange! I was shocked and looked at the packaging to make sure I picked up the right shade, and indeed I did - Light 100, which is the lightest shade they offer! So, I figured maybe if I blended it out it wouldn't be so harsh, and it adapted to my skin tone O.K. but It was pretty obvious it wasn't my shade. I was able to work with it enough to wear it to work a couple of times, but I feel like I just can't pull it off most of time time. I also got oily fast - but that's my fault, I didn't realize they recommend this BB cream to people with "Normal Skin". It may work for some people, but not for an oily and apparently pasty white skinned person like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only BB cream I have tried. I have combination dry sensitive skin (easily breaks out). This BB cream does not break me out and is the perfect amount of moisturizing! The coverage is very light, it will not cover major red pimples or very dark spots but it does cover the redness in my skin (not rosacea) so that I can blot some powder over it and go. I like to use this when I don't want to use full foundation but want more than just a bare face. The shade options aren't great and I think I got a shade lighter than I needed but I just add bronzer and it looks good. It doesn't melt off but it doesn't have an all-day lasting effect. I notice the coverage is gone after about 7-8 hours. I apply it with a wet beauty blender and that seems to work well for me. I will repurchase this when the one I have runs out, I will just get the shade darker.