April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by graciez

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my second jar...just purchased at 40% off sale at Walgreens. Close to a perfect medium foundation and easy application with a sponge. My HG....:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I am very, very loyal to my MAC studiofix fluid foundation and have been using it for about 7 years now. I decided that I need to branch out and look for other foundations and why not go for a cheaper foundation at the drugstore? This product is in a beautiful glass jar which I love the look of but having to dip my fingers or brush into it is kind of unsanitary, I wish it was in a pump bottle. It is also very expensive for drugstore here in Canada, it is around $18-20 and I was kind of hesitant to spend that much on something I couldn't colour match myself in the store.
My colour is NC25 in MAC and 200 Sand beige in this foundation, it is a very good colour match for me. This is a very, very thick and creamy foundation with lots of coverage so if you're looking for something lightweight I would steer clear of this foundation! I absolutely love how this foundation covers and how it just glides onto the skin with a brush or beauty blender/ I was kind of scared that since it was so thick and creamy that it would be cakey and look fake but it blends so nicely it looks like my natural skin! It does last me all day and has not clogged my pores or caused acne which was my fear since I have such sensitive acne prone skin. It also does not leave my face feeling greasy at the end of the day which is excellent for someone like me that works in a hot restaurant! I'm glad I decided to buy this foundation because it has everything I look for in a foundation: medium to full coverage, lasting power, does not clog pores and looks skin like. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a new foundation to try out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lilicansu

I am so disappointed by this product. I love normal colorstay and i was hoping that this would be slightly better than liquid one. Unfortunately, it is not any better than that. First of all i am 200 sand beige in liquid colorstay so i got the same shade in whipped but it is darker than liquid one. I would suggest for you to get a lighter shade. This foundation does not stay 24 hour on your face as it claims, it is so easy to transfer. It looks flaky on my face. It comes in a jar, which is not very practical. Dont waste your money on it, go an buy the liquid colourstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes yes YES you need this foundation in your life. I do agree though with what others have said about the packaging and the difficulty in choosing the right color. It would be great if this came in pump packaging, but the consistency of the product just does not lend itself to that.

To find my color match I referred to the color guide on the Revlon display at the drugstore and made an educated guess. I am fair, dark blonde with neutral undertones leaning slightly cool. I settled on Sand Beige and it is a perfect match. And I mean so perfect, I don't have to worry if I forget to blend at my jaw line. It does not oxidize and just meshes perfectly with my skin. I use my fingertips to apply.

This is HG for me. I really wanted to find a high end foundation too but this Revlon stuff is so wonderful it's hard to justify! I have been trying to come up with other options but this just performs exactly how I need my foundation to perform...so why get anything else? As a new beauty junkie I am struggling with this lol :)

Pros:

Long lasting, texture even gets better as time goes on
Gentle on my skin, doesn't break me out
Controls my oily tzone yet doesn't emphasize my dry cheeks
Can be applied for sheer coverage, and built up to medium coverage
Perfect color match
Flawless semi matte finish
All this for only $12 or less at the drugstore!!!

Cons:

Jar packaging is beautiful but kinda messy. I understand though that there are likely good reasons for it due to consistency of the product, so I'm cool with it.

Nothing but LOVE for my Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme foundation. If they ever stop making it I would be devastated ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of foundations on my hunt for "the one". This is one of the close ones. It's a thicker formula (so use as little as possible) that blends fairly well into the skin, but it clings a bit dry skin and that baby hair we all have. I use a flat top brush (Sigma F80 or Sonia Kashuk flat top multip purpose brush) to work it in. It stays pretty well, but at the end of my 18 hour works days, it's definately sliding off so I don't buy the "24 hour wear" claim. I will say, I've put this on my sister who has super oily acneic skin and she said, "I didn't know my skin could look this good!" And I used it on a friend when I did her makeup for her wedding and it looked amazing. The lack of SPF makes it great for pictures. I feel like this is a solid foundation to have in ones collection and it's one I keep coming back too. It doesn't make me itch (a lot do) or break out (some do), it last pretty well, and it's nice full coverage. I would recomend this to anyone but those with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutly loved this! I recommed using a "Beauty Blender" to put this on... does NOT work well with a brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used Colorstay in the past, and it was ok; I experiment quite a bit, use whatever when the mood strikes. Anyway, I was most attracted to the jar and the "whipped creme " idea, wanting something light and natural looking. Initially, I applied with my fingers, but being a fan of Wayne Goss, bought a bag of sponges ...makes a world of difference ...I use less, which, on me, looks better. My go-to color in this line is always Buff, which never turns orangey. The jar itself is attractive as well, in a Chanelesque sort of way I suppose ..in other words it looks more like a high -end product. Will probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

I can't quite believe that I am writing this review. I am a die-hard believer in that, while mass products are great for certain things, skin makeup is always something that you should invest in. Well. I guess I was wrong.

I tried this product on a whim. I'd run out of Laura Mercier foundation, I didn't have time to stop by Sephora to purchase another round. With Duane Reade on every single city block here, I stopped in and, based on Makeup Alley reviews, purchased this foundation as a sort of interim product before I worked up the courage to drop another $50. I really wish that drug stores would figure out some sort of sampling system for their products--this one isn't exactly cheap, and because the glass of the jar is so thick, it's a bit difficult to get an accurate depiction of what the color is actually going to be/look like on your skin. You have to play a bit of a guessing game, which is always dangerous with something that you are going to put all over your face.

Luckily, I guess right. And I am so happy I did. The texture of the product is very interesting. It's liquid-y when it's on your hands, but feels sort of solid and...bouncy when you put your fingers in the jar. It's very dense, but easy to spread around and has a lovely, velvety texture. You really only need a bit. While I don't like the jar packaging for hygiene reasons, given the consistency of the product, I'm not sure you really have much of a choice, as a tube wouldn't work and you need so little that it would be awkward to use a spatula. The product covers extremely well--it was good for general coverage, and then also as a spot corrector on serious problem areas. I could probably get away with not wearing concealer with this, if I wanted, which is always a nice plus (I have some acne damage to my skin that necessitates some fairly dense cover-up). Most importantly, it LASTS. I don't have to reapply this if I'm going from day of work to a night out, which is so nice. It stays looking fresh, the color doesn't change, and the texture doesn't get all weird (wearing it with primer probably helps). It's very light and thin, so it does a good job of not sinking into pores and fine lines. I usually set it with a bit of powder, but you could probably get away with not doing so. I also have very sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this has not broken me out.

Bottom line, I will be repurchasing and rethinking my previously unswerving loyalty to Laura Mercier. At around $12, it does push the boundaries of mass pricing--it's certainly not a cheap product, and its biggest flaw is probably the initial difficult in choosing the color. I'd highly recommend this regardless, especially if you are dropping a lot of money on a more expensive product. It's definitely worth a try.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Christylin

Great cheap everyday make up. (I wonder tho how long it'll last???) Been wearing for a month without any crazy rashes, breakouts etc although my skin is not very sensitive to begin with. It feels great to apply. Good for combo skin, not very drying to my cheeks which tend to be patchy in the winter (must exfoliate more in winter). Medium coverage. Only complaint is that it burns like hell when I'm out dancing for too long lol. Really hate the stupid plastic lid/general packaging. No need to powder after although I like to for my nose at least!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by STLBluesfan07

I love everything about this foundation! I love the glass jar, you can get every last bit out of it so no waste. I love the creamy texture, which I was skeptical about since I tend to have combination skin. I love love love the long wear of this stuff! I am nurse and I work 10+ hours in a busy dialysis clinic, on my feet running around all day, taking PPE (personal protective equipment) on and off all day which consists of a face shield/mask combo and a non-permeable long jacket & gloves - translation = hot hot hot!!! So my face tends to sweat while I am at work. This is absolutely the ONLY foundation that I can apply at 4am and will last through my hellish workday and still be looking great in the evening when I wash it off….with no touch-ups! I have tried so many foundations over the last 10 years as my skin changed with age (from age 30-40); and I spent a small fortune and only had a full trash can to show for it. This Revlon foundation is absolutely the best wearing, best coverage and longest lasting of them all, and I am including the really pricey department store and speciality foundations in this; as I have tried them all.

The coverage is medium, which is what I was looking for. The application is smooth and I use a beauty wedge for blending. The finish is matte (and STAYS matte) and I use the Revlon ColorStay 24hr pressed powder to set it. I also put a little on my eyelids and blend before I apply my eyeshadow and it acts like a primer so my eyeshadow stays put all day without creasing. This foundation is easy to wash off with a makeup remover and I have not had any problems with breakouts in my oiler zones.

The color matching was a little tricky at first, as you can't really tell the true color of the makeup through the thick glass jar while in the store. The first color I bought was too dark, but I learned long ago to buy my makeup at Walgreens so I can return it without any problems. I bought a shade lighter and it is perfect for me (Natural Beige).

In conclusion: I am really impressed with this foundation and will continue to buy this exclusively. Now please Revlon: Don't change or discontinue it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No