April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all this lip balm was so hard to find when it was released!! I've heard stories about other ppl having to hunt it down. Its a pretty brownish pink and the most natural of the kissable balm stains. This is a nude that might work for every skin tone. While its a nice color I don't like it by itself. I feel it leans too brown on me and I just don't like it. (I am mac nc 42 by the way). I also noticed its a bit drier than my other balm stains. Yesterday I placed some over my revlon lip butter in berry smoothie (HG everyone needs this MLBB shade) and the result was great! Placing it over the lip butter gave it some shine and made it pinker (as berry smoothie is a nice rosy pink). I can see myself wearing this combo everyday from now on. I only use a dab of the berry smoothie and then use the honey. Topping it off with gloss looks very nice too. I will be repurchasing when mine is finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

'Honey' is the perfect my lips but better colour for me. A warm mauve-pink.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain's come in crayon-like packaging, no need for sharpening as the product has a wind up mechanisim. They smell very strongly of mint which I personally loooove & they apply very easily. Can be applied sheer but they do develop themselves to become brighter not too long after. They aren't the most moisturising nor are they extremely drying so I would say you can definitely feel you have something on your lips but its not uncomfortable at all for me.

They last extremely well! It lasts for 5+ hours before needing to reapply for more opacity but they do leave a light colour on your lips which is great. If you immediately eat or drink after application though, colour will come off. The stain needs to develop and actually 'stain' the lips for a while, so if I do that, after eating or drinking the colour will still be about 80% there which I was impressed with.

Overall the lip stains are a great lip product for someone who hates touching up. There is also a pretty good shade range to choose from. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by flowersfromaghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the good reviews on this product I decided to give it a try. I chose the honey shade because I don't wear much product on my lips and wanted a subtle colour. The first thing I noticed is that it stinks! If you ever had braces it smells exactly like the moulding stuff they put in your mouth to get a retainer. The smell doesn't last long but at first it is very strong. The colour looks great and lasts almost all day, it does fade a little but still holds pretty good. The one thing about this product is that it really dries out your lips so i recommend putting on a clear lip balm overtop. It doesn't smudge or come off and is a prefect colour if you don't like your lips being too over the top or just want a plain colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by xxnattyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the just bitten brand!! This colour is amazing! It's so smooth on your lips and its such a nice colour on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by vixencait009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I soooo love this prod! Easy to apply. Very pigmented and stays for a long time. It's actually good for a drugstore product. :) My fave shade is Sweetheart though. Very girly and out there. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by redfox2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this lipstain and the color. It does exactly what It claims, going on like a balm but stays throughout the day. It doesn't feel sticky or too slippery like some lip glosses tend to. It is basically shaped like a big crayon, which makes it easy to apply especially if you are out somewhere and need to touch up. The color 'Honey' is really pretty. A lot of people mention that it changes color, which is true depending on how much you apply. If I do one swipe, I tend to get a lighter, bright pink. If I do several coats, the color does become a very bright almost fuchsia color. This isn't really a big deal to me and I actually find it to make the product more versatile. I have extremely fair skin and both colors work for me just fine. Overall I was very pleased with this product and want to buy some different colors to try. The only drawback is that they run at about $8 each and I don't really want to pay that much (broke college kid budget) but for the quality of the product I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Were I prone to overstatement, my review would be very short: It Turns Purple! But I'm a reasonable person so this is my review:

The color of the package and the name of the shade (honey) would you lead you to expect a soft pink. Upon application, it looks pink in the mirror. But on me this innocuous pink darkens into a shade approaching fuschia over time. Fuschia is not a good look for my warm and fair complexion. I did like the feel of the balm, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product, I have worn it so much, it is a total MLBB (slightly more pink-purple). I am fair but have quite dark lips naturally, and, as I was hoping, this makes me look a bit more 'put together' without looking too obviously like a lipstick. I find that the stain wears well and the balm is moisturising, although I do tend to reapply through the day. The nice part is, though, that I feel able to do this without a mirror, thanks to the design of the packaging and subtle colour.

Only real complaints are that the writing has worn off all my JBKBS tubes and the scent is a little odd. Oh, and I don't know why it is called 'honey,' it doesn't have any honey tones in that I can see!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have such a love/hate relationship with this lipstain - in many ways it's an ideal product for me, but this specific shade has a few downfalls which unfortunately mean I'm only able to give it three lippies. I shall try to elaborate...

In terms of the way this feels and lasts on my lips, I love it. It's got a nice balmy feel and (almost slightly cooling) peppermint smell which means I enjoy applying it. Plus, it's nice and pigmented, and is pretty much opaque with one or two swipes. I'd say that the balm lasts for an average time - two or three hours, but as lip-balms go that's pretty good. Once the balm has worn off, it obviously feels drier, but for me it's ridiculously simple to just apply my everyday clear lipbalm over the top, and I'm good to go again. The stain lasts me at least five or six hours, depending on when/what I eat or drink in that time-frame. So in terms of wear, I say great!

However, this specific shade, Honey, changes colour on my lips after a short time (about 15/20 minutes, usually). I picked up this shade because I wanted an easy MLBB colour for school and work. It goes on as my ideal colour, but, as has happened to other reviewers, it soon morphs into a much brighter, almost fuchsia pink. Sometimes I don't mind that, but in general I want it to stay the shade it goes on as - if I wanted bright pink lips I'd have bought a bright pink shade! So that sucks.

If it weren't for the colour-changing issue, I'd definitely give this four or five lippies. As it is, I may try a different shade sometime (although I'll wait for a sale - these balm-stains are about $23 here in NZ), but I'll definitely read up on reviews first to make sure that I don't end up with the same issue as I did with this colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have Lovesick and Crush, two pretty bold colors. I liked the feel of the balms and the staying power so I thought I'd get Honey to wear everyday. It's a brownish pink - like my lips but better, however, after a few minutes it changes color which I wasn't expecting and was rather disappointed to see a bright pink shade on my lips. I'm bummed this wasn't the muted pink I was hoping for.