April 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD: Out of all the Maybelline mascaras I've to say that this is my favorite! The tube is absolutely cute. The formula is interesting, I find it much easier to build up to my desired look and it doesn't take too many coats to get the final desired result (i'm looking at you The Rocket). The formula is moderately volumizing and extremely lengthening, at least on me! Looks very beautiful

THE BAD: Can clump if not careful due to the size of the brush/bristles, manageable though!

THE UGLY: That dumb bendy brush, who the heck thought that'd be a good idea? The point of mascara is to be able to comb it precisely through the lashes and if the wand is all weak, it makes it that much harder >.>

One of my top drugstore faves :D

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't really do anything for my lashes and it's really clumpy. The other issue is that it's so caked on, that I couldn't take it off with eye makeup remover and so I tried rinsing it off in the shower, and it still wouldn't come off. It clumped on til the next morning so my eye lashes looked really clumpy the next day as well. I really prefer the Lash Blast series by CoverGirl. All of them are really great.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by youngbeautyxo

To be completely honest, I only bought this because I thought the packaging was cute. (blue & pink! How adorbs!) But I wouldn't repurchase. I naturally have long, dark lashes so mascara is just whatever to me but this one I felt like it took forever to remove & a tad flakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I don't get why everyone doesn't like this stuff. It is meant to look real instead of how most mascara is very obvious. That is exactly what it does. makes the lashes long and spaced out. This is a great everyday look mascara, not a going out and getting glammed up one. I would definitely recommend it, as long as you know what kind of mascara your getting!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kb7238

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this mascara because I hate the feeling of thick, heavy mascara. While they felt very natural and soft, they didn't do much for my eyelashes. I have reasonably long eyelashes and I do curl them, but after applying thing it looked like I really didn't put anything on. It didn't give them any volume, maybe a very very tiny amount of length and made them darker, but nothing too exciting. But if you like the natural no-makeup look, this would be great.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My best friend and I were giving each other makeovers, and she used this mascara on me. It was nothing special. I've used way worse (L.A. Colors waterproof mascara...Never using that one ever again), but I'm not impressed, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Love love love this mascara! For the price its fabulous. My lashes turn out actually very fluffy and a decent length. Not spidery at all. I feel like my lashes could be thicker, but a full look is achieved. Its also very consistent. Stays put for the most part on the bottom. Ive been using this for over a year now :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by shyaa

First I should start by saying that I have very long, thick, dark lashes. The only problem is that they are straight and I need to curl them and apply a good mascara to be able to take full advantage of them. I have great lashes so why not get them to their best potential right? This mascara was one that I had high hopes for. I've heard some pretty good things about Maybelline mascara in the past so I decided to try this product out. This mascara though, is terrible. The price is great, but the brush is flimsy and the formula doesn't hold curl. After thirty minutes of curling my lashes and applying this product my lashes are already straight again. By the end of the day it doesn't even look like I'm wearing mascara. If you're like me and want to take full advantage of your lashes and want to have a nice curl then don't buy this product. Pros: Fair price. Cons: Flimsy brush, doesn't hold curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't the greatest mascara ever, but I do like it. I have long, dark eyelashes, but they refuse to curl. I will use an eyelash curler on them, and for the first minute they look amazing, almost fake, but then after a while they will go back to being so straight they look inexistent. I like Mega Plush because it held my curl for about 8 hours, give or take, which is more than any mascara I've tried in the past. Also, the black color is really dark and rich, which is wonderful. However, the formula feels dry, and even though it is waterproof, it smudges to by the end of the day. I was looking for a mascara that would last all day, through all of my activities. Also, the big brush is nice for the longer lashes, but it's hard to get the very outer lashes without making a huge mess (and I don't even want to know about what would happen if I tried my bottom lashes). Another thing about the brush is that it is bendy, which makes application tricky at first, but it's nothing after I got the hang of it.

I should mention that normal soap and water will not remove this mascara completely. It will get most of it off, but I usually use a specific waterproof eye makeup remover to really clean off my lashes. This takes me a couple of minutes more in my routine, but I don't mind.

If I can't find some better mascaras, I will buy this one again, but I think I'll experiment for a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Yepitspreethi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the mega plush a couple months ago. And I was using it for a good amount of time. But what I didn't realize is that this does clump a little and it flakes, which I found disappointing considering that one of the promises for the product was never brittle never flakey. I have long but thin lashes and this didn't do the job for me. When i'm looking for a Mascara I need something to thicken. This simply made my lashes look longer and thinner. I think if your looking for length then this mascara good be a good bet but not for volume or thickness.