Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 3/27/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MASCARA! This is my holy grail mascara like I swear. Usually, my eyelashes WILL NOT hold a curl! Even if the mascara is waterproof or an expensive brand! But with this mascara, the curls will last like all day!! I don't even have to retouch because it looks like it's still been applied! Seriously, this is a must have. You must try it if your lashes won't hold a curl! I recommend getting the one in blacked black!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this as an everyday mascara. I think it looks more subtle than the Rocket Volume.
It gives the right amount of mascara and it is easy to put on several layers. It is a bit thin but I doesn't find it that annoying.

Im just really fond of Maybelline mascaras. The best out there!

on 3/18/2014 11:53:00 AM

Clumps badly. Extremely wet formula. The brush is horrible at separating lashes. If you like clumpy stiff lashes, then go for it. Waste of money.

Love this mascara! The Falsies gives thicker lashes, this gives more spidery looking lashes. I loved it. It holds up great throughout the day, and is indeed water proof. However the ring in the tube that wipes off the excess when you unscrew the wand came loose after about a month of use. It would stay stuck in the lid about half the time, so I would end up with a brush that had way too much product on it. It wasn't that big of a bother, though, tbh.

on 3/12/2014 8:34:00 PM

Wow, I've tried them all. I'm always searching for my HG mascara.....well, this is it!! I have very long ( yes I was blessed) lashes but they are super skinny, so I need volume. I've been to Neiman Marcus tried all of the high end, eh nothing. Now the next level Macy etc....eh nothing. Even my beloved Mac, nada! So off I go to the good ole DS, I recently read that Maybelline has some amazing mascaras ( i.e. beautytopia review) WOW I'm impressed. Love the brush it's flexible and it full, coats every lash and volume Vavoom! I always thought what you pay is what you get......not with this. I will recommend to all my friends! I will repurchase again. For a fraction of the price it is worth a try!

Oh yeah, I have oily eyelids....not one raccoon eye either.

on 3/7/2014 7:46:00 PM

I've been using covergirl lash blast for pretty much 5 years now and it's my all time favorite. I wanted to try something different and picked this. I've only used it once but it works great! It makes my lashes have more volume and they stay really soft and not stiff. Will definitely repurchase

First mascara I've ever tried. Amazing volume, good length. Can smudge but barely noticeable. Going to try out clump crusher just for a change, but will def still love this. (BEST AFTER DRIED OUT A LITTLE)

on 2/27/2014 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do love this mascara. Still, being forever on the holy grail of mascaras hunt, I continue to search for one I like even better. This product does what it promises: lashes are very, very full, yet soft. They really look luxurious.The applicator deposits color gently, yet generously, and does not clump. You may get a little extra drop of color on the ends of your lashes, but that's easy to fix with a quick whisk of a tissue. I've had no problems with smudging or flaking. If you want a totally natural look, this isn't the mascara for you, but it's not so unnatural that it looks like you're wearing falsies. Which is actually why I give it four points out of five because I'm the over-the-top type that loves a fake lash look.

I had high hopes for very full and soft, plush lashes... and this disappointed. I found that it didn't do enough to volumize (like I thought it would), and it made my lashes look short! Also, this mascara made my lashes more brittle than others do. With a name like mega plush, that is the opposite of what I wanted. It flakes by the end of a day, no matter how much or little I layer on. Maybelline has better mascaras for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very average mascara. It doesn't stand out from any of the other drug store mascaras I have tried. There are things I like about it and things I don't like about it.

The thing I like most about this mascara is the brush. I like that it has actual bristles since it seems like a lot of mascaras have plastic brushes with firm plastic spikes. I've found these to be less effective than brushes with actual bristles.

I like the shape of the brush. It is an elongated oval that gets thinner at the ends so you can work the tip of the brush in your inner lashes.

What didn't work for me was that after I applied the mascara, it did not make my lashes look any thicker: and that is what the product is supposed to do - it's supposed to be a thickening mascara. Furthermore, it made the tips of my lashes stick together. It does absolutely no good at separating the lashes. The only way that it did work for me is in the lengthening department. It definitely made my lashes look longer.

I bought a two-pack of this mascara at Walgreens for $9.99 and I thought I was getting a bargain since 1 sells for $8.99. I'm sort of sorry i bought the two-pack because I will surely find another mascara I like better than this one before both tubes are used up.

All in all, not a bad, but not a great mascara.