Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 5/13/2014 3:15:00 PM

Unfortunately I went from using Benefits They're Real to this so I was bound to be disappointed. I much prefer Maybellines other mascaras as I don't get much lengthening from this product nor much volume

on 5/10/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this mascara. I wear brownish black in the non waterproof formula. It gives me the look of soft, long fanned out lashes. Never any flakes (until it starts getting old) and I have repurchased 3 times. Finally something that actually does what it claims!

on 5/10/2014 11:54:00 AM

My friend had let me use her mascara because I forget mine. After swiping the brush once over my lashes, I immediately fell in love. I will never stop repurchasing it and it is my all time favorite mascara. I really like the formula and brush and it doesn't really clump unless you add more than 3-4 coats. It flakes only after I get out of school so you have 7-8 hours of no flake. Maybelline has the best mascaras and this one is the best of them all.

on 4/20/2014 9:05:00 PM

I like this mascara, I'm currently on my second tube.The brush is huge...I love it.The formula it a tiny weiny bit wet but if you wipe off the excess off in the bottle it applies nicely. It's also buildable with out clumping. I recommend trying it out.

on 4/18/2014 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a review of the new "Mega Plush Deep Velvets" which come in purple, blue and green. I didn't think it merited my starting a new category just for this. If anyone comes across this review before buying these coloured mascaras, let this be your warning.

I got the purple and the blue. There is absolutely NO colour when I put it on the lashes, whether on dry, bare lashes, or on top of black mascara. There is not even a hint of blue or purple. Unbelievable, because if you put the tip of the wand on your hand, sure enough it is blue or purple. On the lashes, it just looks like a rather ineffectual, almost useless plain light black mascara which does a barely adequate job of coverage.

Let's remember the stunning CoverGirl mascaras which came in colours a few years ago. I used the claret one as long as it existed - it was a fabulous, beautiful and subtle purple/brown, and gave a soft yet warm glow to the lashes. I miss it every day and hoped this would be almost as good. Nope!!!! I just don't get how it is even possible for a blue or purple creamy substance to look like absolutely nothing on the lashes. Not even the slightest HINT of colour. Yes, it does slightly lengthen and thicken the lashes. But not enough to feel even dressed. You have to add some other brand on top, to even leave the house.

Update: I used three coats of only the blue and took pictures: no hint of blue. I wore it all day and had a very natural look which made me look hideous, and there was some flaking. I guess this would be suitable for someone very young with naturally long lashes. No one else!

on 4/14/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This wasn't the worst mascara I've ever used. But it isn't that great. Heck, it isn't even that good. It clumps and flakes within a few hours.

on 4/8/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this mascara. Although, the flimsy/flexible wand is something to get used to. This makes my lashes nice and full without looking dry or cakey. Does exactly what I expected.

on 4/8/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is literally MY HOLY GRAIL MASCARA!!! It's so Vouminous and Lengthens soooo well I just love it!! You have to get it!! You won't regret it!!!

on 4/4/2014 8:12:00 AM

So it's only been my second day of this and I have mixed feelings. When I first bought it and opened it I was well a little sad when I saw the brush. It was flimsy so I was wondering how in the world am I going to get this t work. However, once I actually got it on my eyes, after curling them of course, I noticed my lashes were amazingly longer since I have very thick "short" lashes and mascara is my best bet to get rid of them being short. I'm still conflicted because I'm scared that the wand is going to break on me , but for the most part I love it.

on 3/27/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MASCARA! This is my holy grail mascara like I swear. Usually, my eyelashes WILL NOT hold a curl! Even if the mascara is waterproof or an expensive brand! But with this mascara, the curls will last like all day!! I don't even have to retouch because it looks like it's still been applied! Seriously, this is a must have. You must try it if your lashes won't hold a curl! I recommend getting the one in blacked black!