September 2, 2014 | 1013 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Hate it. I have hooded, smaller eyes with not much of an eye crease, so many mascaras are problematic for me. This one was just wrong in every single way for me.

First - the brush bends as you apply, it feels horribly cheap, gimmicky and flimsy and gets all over my eyelid. This may not be a problem for all, but because of my eyes this is a huge problem. Every time I would try and apply this to my lashes, the brush would bend and smear mascara all over my eyelid. I would then have to waste time trying to remove this from all over my eyelids. I tried to use it very, very softly hoping it wouldn't happen, but then barely any mascara made it onto my lashes. The bending brush also ruins my lashes after I curl them and causes them to clump into several points which looks hideous.

Second - I would have to apply several coats just to get a normal, casual look. Not worth the time and effort. Formula flaked throughout the day and smeared all over the place. Lots of little black flakes under my eyes about 5 hours after application. Also made my eyelids itchy (likely from all the smearing).

I can't think of even one good thing to say about this, which is a shame and I've liked other Maybelline mascaras but this one is a loser for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Andreacook101

worst mascara iv ever used! the mascara feels watery and makes my eyelashes stick together. after a few weeks of using this i realized my eyelashes were falling out like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

I LOVELOVELOVE this! I makes my lashes so long and voluminous! This was the first Maybelline mascara I tried and I am so happy with the results, and yes, I did buy another bottle. I got it in brownish black and blackest black, but I feel that no matter what color you get mascara in it looks the same unless you put a lot of layers on. This is not going to look like the beautiful lashes in the advertisement because 1. they use fake lashes and 2. because a drugstore mascara wont give you that look no matter how many coats you apply.
The brush didn't give me a problem and the bendy wand didn't even bend so I don't know why they even included this? It was not clumpy for me and it gave a great natural look! This is defiantly my go to mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by varamos0193

great mascara for volume plus a bit of length. ive been using this mascara on/off for about 3 yrs now and still haven't found any other mascara (including high end like lancome bare essentials tarte ect) that measures up to it. for extra dramatic lashes rec using with maybeline one by one as a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JosieMndza

This is definitely a must have for me. It's one of the mascaras I use for my mascara routine (yes I have a routine, I'm a mascara addict). It doesn't necessarily lengthen my lashes but it does thicken them a bit giving them a soft, full, natural appearance. If you have naturally long lashes but lack volume, I would suggest this. The only cons I can think of is that it does have a tendency to flake if too many coats are applied. One of the many reasons why I mix my mascaras. But over all I think it's worth trying and is one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice mascara - lengthens and gives your lashes like it claims to. Since this is a gel-mousse mascara, I find that there is absolutely no clumping involved.

I can honestly say that I can't think of anything not to like.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

When i saw that this is a gel I instantly bought it. That was a big mistake. It clumped up and burned my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by itsienna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes and this macara is perfect for them. You don't need a lot to make them full. I love the brush and the formula. I prefer this one to the Maybelline One by One. I don't use the waterproof.
pros:
-soft lashes (not stiff...yuck!)
-washable, comes of easily
-good volume
-holds a curl (for me)

cons:
-can't add too many coats or else they flake
-if not careful, product runs off on lower lash line (smudging)
-can get clumpy, apply generously

Definitely a must have for my makeup routine. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Saimiri923

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I must just not like the Maybelline mascara formula, because this is the third mascara from that brand that I've tried, and I haven't liked any of them. I found the formula for this one to be too wet and I couldn't get very good separation, so my lashes looked thick (in a bad way) and spidery. I had to do some extra work with a spoolie to get them to look more separated. That being said, once I got them separated and the mascara had dried, it didn't flake or smudge all day, and I noticed that my lashes did feel very soft and pliable, and they held a curl. So if you like a wetter formula, this one definitely has it, and it does do a good job of volumizing. I just found it difficult to work with and not what I wanted, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jejunejunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I made this purchase because I had read that this was the replacement for the discontinued Maybelline Full 'n Soft. I really like this formula. It's wet and light, which I prefer for everyday wear. It doesn't clump on application and layers nicely. I can wear it all day and it doesn't smudge or flake. The flexing wand: I don't find it bends in a way that makes it difficult to apply the mascara, but it doesn't make it any easier or make for better coverage. I just don't understand that design decision. Kind of gimmicky. Ah, well. Will probably buy again as my everyday mascara.