September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by debkim

Good News for Canada! Finally, we wil be able to find this on the shelves of the drug store instead of hunting through clearance stores and bargain shops.
Here is my recent email from Revlon Canada this morning!

Awesome News for Canadians looking for Hair Colour.

Thank you Revlon!

"Thank you for your recent Chat from the Revlon Website and for taking the time to contact us regarding Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Hair Color with UV Protection .

Currently there are 16 shades shipping to selected stores such as Rexall and Lawtons in Canada.

Thank you for your interest in Revlon products. We hope to continue serving your cosmetic needs."

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Nayka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My friend told me she used colorsilk by revlon and loved it. I thought for a cheap price it must be crappy. So I tried #54 light golden brown and I love it. I love the fact that it has no ammonia in it and didn't burn my eyes and nose,and didn't drip all down my face. I also loved the fact that it had uv defence in it. I used to use Garnia but as of today not no more. I love this product and I can buy four boxes now instead of just two for less than twenty dollars. This is the first time I really enjoyed dying my hair. Thanks Revlon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is for ColorSilk Luminista for Dark Hair in Light Red 160.

It's been a long, long time since I've had so many people randomly tell me they liked my hair. My hair is naturally a very dark auburn, so it takes red shades really well. This took me from about a level 4 gold/copper to a level 6-7 red/copper. It's BRIGHT.

There are some issues to watch out for, though. The first is that the level of lift flattens out color a bit, so I'm seriously thinking of getting a frosting cap and a darker temp color to put some lowlights in after processing.

The second is that the directions say to put this particular color on all your hair for the entire processing time for recolors. FTLOG, do not do this after the first time unless your hair is only a few inches long. On my first time with this, I only left it on my porous ends for 10-15 minutes and the color was true. Just...know that this is a high-lift color and respect your hair's condition. Don't skimp on pretreatments if you know your hair is damaged. The other thing you can do is use a matching temp color. Clairol Jazzing, which does not lift, has a color called "red hot" that is almost a perfect match to this color. Do your roots with the 5-minute whole head, and add at least 20% jazzing to your after-color conditioner and let it sit 10-15 minutes. I also add it to my regular shampoo and conditioner at about 10% for color maintenance. This is what I do and my hair color is doing great.

The last thing you should know is that the note "for dark hair" is no joke. I saw a bad review for this color from a naturally blonde woman on another website, and it sounds like it lifted her hair to base 10 or lighter under the color, and it turned out pink. I have strawberry blonde streaks on my temples, and they were cherry red at first. So for serious, only use this if your natural hair color is dark. (Or you want pink hair.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been dying my hair for the past five years or so, from black to blonde and everything in between. Every time I try a box dye other than Revlon Colorsilk, I'm disappointed in either the color, or the way my hair feels after using it. The only issue I've run into with this brand is that the medium to deep colors run darker than shown, at least on me. I don't usually mind because I go for reddish browns, and they lighten up pretty quickly, but it's just something to keep in mind. My local WalMart has a massive selection of these to choose from, and they are extremely affordable. And even after coloring my hair for so long, it still feels just as healthy as ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ninae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first review ever! But since colorsilk has changed my hair it deserves a good review! I had very brassy light brown hair and highlights all over my head, and the highlights were super light, almost white. I wanted to darken my hair a little bit to get rid of the yellow but was afraid my highlights would turn out green if i used and ash color or orange if i used a golden one. My hair was very dry, it felt like straw, and would break easily. i got light brown and chocolate and mixed them together. My hair turn out really good, although a little darker than expected, it covered all my highlights, and my hair is super shiny and soft! i will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by weskamo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Iv been dying my hair since i was 11 and i am 20 now and i love Revlon's Colorsilk its great because my natural hair color is a deep auburn and whenever i feel like going back to my natural color i always use there medium auburn it iv never had any sun damage and it doesnt fade bad since most red's do and always sine my hair is long i useally need two boxes and it doesnt cost my an arm and a leg to do that with revlon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

Where has this wonderful product been all of my life? Recently, with the economic depression we are in here in The States, I had to stop having my hair color done professionally and start doing it myself. On a whim, I purchased (for $3.00!) a box of #49 Colorsilk. Not only did I get beautiful, long-lasting results, my hair is now in better shape than it was before I colored it with Colorsilk. My naturally brown hair has a lovely reddish hue to it that looks entirely realistic and just really pretty. I also want everyone to know that Colorsilk has completely covered my stubborn grays...and they have stayed covered, three weeks after coloring (something I have never, ever seen before, even with a professional dye job). RAVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been using this for almost a year now. I had been using Loreal, both Excellence and Preference. I went to a "dress for success" seminar for ladies, and the topic of hair color came up when discussing graying hair. The lady teaching the seminar had over 50% gray hair and recommended this brand. I use dark auburn, my natural color. Like most reds, it fades some but no faster than any other brand of red color. I would like to see more conditioner instead of the one-time use packet enclosed. The instructions on the packet say to let it sit for 2 minutes, I let it sit more like 5 minutes though! All in all, I am pleased and will continue to use it-the price is fantastic! It colors my gray abd matches close to my natural hair color. My hairdresser even ask me about my color, said it blends SO WELL!.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by debbiall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is probably about 30% gray, and I've been coloring for years. My old natural color was a medium brown, which is what I try to match.

My problem has always been the coloring fades to a strange orange-y color. I've tried a lot of brands and a lot of colors trying to find something that was an acceptable color from the beginning (right after I color) to the end (6 - 8 weeks later). I accept that there will be some change, but going from a dark brown to a bright orange wasn't cool.

Honestly, I avoided Colorsilk for years. How could something so cheap work?! Well, it does!

I have been using #41, Medium Brown for about 9 months now. My hair looks pretty close to the box color after I dye it. The gray is covered. The conditioner is great. The smell is OK - I don't love it, but it isn't offensive or anything.

Six to eight weeks later, it's still a medium brown. It is a little lighter (and obviously grayer at the roots). However, it is NOT ORANGE!!!

So, if you're looking for a nice brown color, and you've been avoiding that $3 coloring because "I can't use a $3 color when there's a $9 color right next to it" - TRY IT!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just a general review for ColorSilk. Even though this stuff is the most inexpensive hair color I've ever used/seen/heard of, it's AWESOME! I have looong hair and usually need two boxes to cover all of it, and since this stuff is usually 2/$5, it's my go-to hair color when I want to go really light blonde (I usually use 04 Ultra Light Natural Blonde); (I don't use this stuff initially to go from my natural brown hair to light blonde, for that I use Borne Blonde by Clairol, but I digress). Colorsilk doesn't leave my hair feeling like I just used a cheapishly bad hair color, like one might expect since it's so inexpensive. It leave it really soft and very pretty. I don't really know what "brassy" means, as I've heard alot of people and product talk about blonde hair dyes leaving hair with a "brassiness" a few days/weeks after coloring; my point is that I don't think I've experienced this with ColorSilk because my hair stays the same shade of pretty, light blonde for several months. I usually touch up my roots every 2-3 months, and when I do this I usually just redo my whole head to ensure even color coverage and give my color a boost (because UV does cause it to fade a little after 3 months). I don't find that my hair is dry or severely damaged from using ColorSilk, which is really awesome considering blonde hair color usually has peroxide in it, which can be dehydrating. My only reason for giving this 4 lipsticks is because it doesn't come in a very wide range of colors appealing to my taste. If I want a very specific shade, I go with some other brand. But for just plain ol' super light blonde or regular brown, this stuff is pretty awesome. No need to spend tons of money on store-bought do-it-yourself hair color. LOVE this stuff!