April 23, 2014 | 1752 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years! I first tried it when I wanted to forgo my highlights and go back to my "natural color". This worked amazing for that job and many others.I use soft black and it's perfect! This stuff covers gray too like nothing else i tried. I don't have a lot of gray a few stray ones but this covers them up. I've been swayed by sales on other brands but bottom line I go back to this and it does work the best! I also love the conditioner that comes with it. It makes my hair so silky and shiney. I wish they sold this separately as wel.. I would buy it by the gallon!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Beatlemaniac6070

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking to dye my hair a bit darker, and I just happened to come across this; I saw the price and I bought 2 as they were just $3 a box! I bought Dark Auburn and Brown Black. My hair was a light brown before I dyed my hair the auburn color, and the after product was awesome! I love the color. However, my mom says it's too dark for me, but we have horrible lighting in the house and if she saw it in natural or better light, she would think it looked good, too. I think I'll give the Brown Black to someone as that might be too dark for me.. I'll stick to the Auburn. It's an adorable color. :) And like everyone else mentioned, my hair did feel softer after I dyed it; like the box promised! It really does leave your hair in better condition than before. I can hardly find any split ends anymore. aha and not to mention my hair is glossier. I recommend this product if someone is on a tight budget and looking to change their hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

From all the hair colors I've tried, this is the best one for me. I usually use the medium or dark ash blonde for a natural look. Colors that I've tried include, Clairol, L'Oreal Garnier have all been very short lasting on me. They all seem to fade after a about 7 shampoos, but this one is the most long lasting on me, and it does leave my hair in great condition.

I think all the negative comments here come from people who don't understanding what to expect when you color your hair, in other words, if your natural hair color is very far off from what you see in the box, you won't get the results you want, simple as that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best hair dye I've ever used and that includes going to the salon and Redken EQ!!!
I have no clue where there are bad reviews except most of them seem as if they are using the wrong color and do understand the color wheel and other things about color. Color won't lift color! Also you can't actual expect a color to repair your damaged hair! Use some common sense when coloring.
I've used #20 and #30. Both have been wonderful. I don't have damaged hair and using this has not made my hair damaged.
Biggest tip I have is don't use the conditioner. Just use your own. That stuff leaves my hair dry but when I use my own conditioner I have no problems.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by laurynmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I have to say I really, really love this hair dye, although there are a few drawbacks. The first is that the dye (in my hair at least) barely lasts two weeks. Now I'm not saying your roots will be one color and your actual hair will be another. It fades like a semi-permanent hair color fades. Where the whole color fades all at once. That's the downside. The upside is that my hair feels extremely soft afterwards, it is even shinier! Which is what I love. I also love that its ammonia free which is great because I do my hair in a bathroom that doesn't have a window. I really love this product but I can only give it three stars because it fades pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkie82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using colorsilk for years and love it! my favorite color is the #12, blueblack. my hair is naturally chestnut, but the blueblack makes it very vibrant. the few times i have strayed to a different brand, i always regret it and go back to using colorsilk.
thank you for making such a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhhhhhmazing! And to think I never tried this due to the price tag being too low. I know, right? I thought that if it was dirt cheap, then it must mean that the quality and results should be sub par as well. This time, I'm so happy to be proven wrong! I have been a long time user of Garnier, but decided to give this a try because of the surprisingly positive results here, despite the price tag leading me to believe that it was junk.

I used the Luminista in shade Light Brown. Wow! I also did try the regular (non-Lumista) line, in the Light Brown shade as well, but I must say my hair really loves the Lumista (as I have dark brown hair). Did I mention how great the conditioner is too?!?! Left my hair soooooo soft and felt like it was in better condition than before the color treatment! LOVE! What roots? What annoying grey hairs that are suddenly showing up? Not me:):):) HUGE FAN and definitely HG for drugstore box color! Wish I had tried it sooner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Panicingatthedisco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the worst damned product I've ever used. I was hoping for the red on the front of the box, my mom said my color would pick it up nicely. So I tried it. I waited TWO hours; guess what? It's not even the least bit red! It left my hair brittle,dry, and dark brown! I'm going back to Garnier. Bye bye revlon

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I dunno about this stuff. I use it for black hair sometimes, when I have some colossal screw up with my hair color and don't have a lot of money. It stays, sure, and the color is nice, but it smells AWFUL, and it leaves my hair with a greasy sheen for a couple of days. And the smell doesn't go away for a while. Worst of all, it damages the holy crap out of your hair, so have some conditioner handy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by marine2121

So far this is the worse self coloring products I've ever used. The color won't come out. Definately won't purchase again. Ever.