November 26, 2014 | 1662 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Lils88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to have this as my moisturiser. I don't think it is too thick for me as I did not see an increase in my skin problems but it did not help with my existing issues either. I first started on this as my mother got this from her dermatologist when her skin reacted badly to some products, she now use this on my brother who has really irritated skin on his back.

I don't particularly like or dislike this product but I think it will work best on people either with irritated skin or very dry skin. If you have 'normal' skin, then this probably won't make much difference to you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this as a nightime moisturizer. I tried wearing it during the day but it was just too heavy (I think it's the mineral oil), even for my dry skin. My skin ate it up and it was very soft afterwards, but it gave me a bit of breakouts. However I find wearing this at night is perfect because your skin dries out during the night so the more emollient lotion is perfect for that. When I wake up in the morning my skin is soft but not oily and I don't need to wear a lotion during the daytime anymore. One lippie off for the price and the fact that it's too oily to wear during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite cream for my face. I have used it nonstop since 2006 and my skin is so soft and moisturized all through. It is mild enough to use as an eyecream.

Now theres a new richer formula, I use that instead, because I love how it feels.

Would I buy this product again? I have the last 4 years, so yes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is nothing short of amazing. I have to confess - as much money as I spend on makeup I have been so stingy with skin care and I've been buying whatever is on sale or is cheap. Recently my skin freaked out - breaking out like crazy, rough scaly patches (almost like an allergy) and being both dry and oily at the same time.

A SA at Murale reccomended Avene products in general, and I shrugged it off and bought more makeup (I know).

Then I stumbled across a pack of Avene products (this cream, thermal water and a cleanser) for $35, and I had enough points on my card to actually only have to pay $10. See? Still being cheap.

Anyways, I've learned my lesson in skin care and I will buy this at full price from now on. Instantly my skin felt hydrated and dewy. Not greasy in the least. Within 1 day - yes, ONE day, my skin pretty much cleared up. This moisturizer feels absolutely amazing and I'm excited to try more Avene products in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sodagreen

I am a huge fan of Avene, it actually saved me from the bumpiness brought by sensitive skin allergy. Whenever I try something new on my face, if it doesn't suit my skin then the bumpy thing will pop up on cheeks and forehead. But this cream is like the savior to the bumpy things... they disappear within few days.

Although I favour the light hydrating cream more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is perfect if you've trashed your skin - use with a very gentle cleanser and the Avene Thermal Water spray, give it a couple of weeks and watch as your skin thanks you for it! It's a wonderful, light, non-greasy moisturiser which is just the thing for over-worked and stressed skin. It helped me get over the last of my acne, in conjunction with Diacneal, which was another wonder product for me, and worked nicely in conjunction with it to finally calm my skin and stop the cycle of reactions and breakouts to all the other nasty junk I was plonking on it, ostensibly to get rid of the spots. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream is awesome for sensitive,irritated,dry,scaly and flaking skin.I had an allergic reaction and tried everything for 3 weeks and went to the Dr. twice,still no help! Then the Lady at shopppers drug mart told me about this,so I came home and looked up the great reviews on makeup alley and went back to buy it.Within 2 days my face started to clear up from the allergy.Plus I looked it up online at Avene and you can use this under your eye safely,which is great.Any of you out there with allergic eyes or face and have tried everything...try this.Works immediately.Always keep your receipt for everything incase you have to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so thankful my mum got me this. I had run out of my usual moisturiser AND Avene thermal water so she got me a set which had this, the thermal water and a sample bottle of extremely gentle cleanser. The whole thing cost $32(CAD) I think which is the cost of the moisturiser on it's own normally.

Avene products have really been a saviour for my skin. Since starting to use retinoids regularly for my acne my skin has become extremely sensitive, so much that pretty much every moisturiser I have tried has burned my skin. I have no idea what ingredient(s) my skin doesn't like but I have not had any burning with this.

It is quite expensive for only 40ml but you don't need a lot. I only use a pea sized amount for my whole face. Misting with thermal water before applying the cream makes it go a long way. However, I do find that it does take a while to absorb and it will be shiny. In the day time I use mineral makeup over it usually so that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm sure I will buy this again. It's a few dollars cheaper than my regular Lush Vanishing Cream and easier for me to get since it's sold in drug stores. It still is expensive but when nothing else works it's worth it. If you have sensitive skin like me I would completely recommend that you try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream saved my skin after a misfortunate pick of foundation (which caused me a number of whiteheads, blackheads, and dry, irritated skin). Helped me get rid of dryness without increasing acne. I would have given it five lippies if it would have been easier to wear under makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the rich formula version of this cream and liked it for a while until it made my skin break out all over. It never irritated my skin, so I guess it was just too oily. It is a really thick cream so I was only using little dabs of it on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, but it still made me break out. Plus, it was really expenstive! Shoppers drug mart sells it for $32 for 40ml. The only thing I did like about it was the queeze bottle form that was great for travelling. Definately would not buy again.