July 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sodagreen

I am a huge fan of Avene, it actually saved me from the bumpiness brought by sensitive skin allergy. Whenever I try something new on my face, if it doesn't suit my skin then the bumpy thing will pop up on cheeks and forehead. But this cream is like the savior to the bumpy things... they disappear within few days.

Although I favour the light hydrating cream more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is perfect if you've trashed your skin - use with a very gentle cleanser and the Avene Thermal Water spray, give it a couple of weeks and watch as your skin thanks you for it! It's a wonderful, light, non-greasy moisturiser which is just the thing for over-worked and stressed skin. It helped me get over the last of my acne, in conjunction with Diacneal, which was another wonder product for me, and worked nicely in conjunction with it to finally calm my skin and stop the cycle of reactions and breakouts to all the other nasty junk I was plonking on it, ostensibly to get rid of the spots. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream is awesome for sensitive,irritated,dry,scaly and flaking skin.I had an allergic reaction and tried everything for 3 weeks and went to the Dr. twice,still no help! Then the Lady at shopppers drug mart told me about this,so I came home and looked up the great reviews on makeup alley and went back to buy it.Within 2 days my face started to clear up from the allergy.Plus I looked it up online at Avene and you can use this under your eye safely,which is great.Any of you out there with allergic eyes or face and have tried everything...try this.Works immediately.Always keep your receipt for everything incase you have to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so thankful my mum got me this. I had run out of my usual moisturiser AND Avene thermal water so she got me a set which had this, the thermal water and a sample bottle of extremely gentle cleanser. The whole thing cost $32(CAD) I think which is the cost of the moisturiser on it's own normally.

Avene products have really been a saviour for my skin. Since starting to use retinoids regularly for my acne my skin has become extremely sensitive, so much that pretty much every moisturiser I have tried has burned my skin. I have no idea what ingredient(s) my skin doesn't like but I have not had any burning with this.

It is quite expensive for only 40ml but you don't need a lot. I only use a pea sized amount for my whole face. Misting with thermal water before applying the cream makes it go a long way. However, I do find that it does take a while to absorb and it will be shiny. In the day time I use mineral makeup over it usually so that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm sure I will buy this again. It's a few dollars cheaper than my regular Lush Vanishing Cream and easier for me to get since it's sold in drug stores. It still is expensive but when nothing else works it's worth it. If you have sensitive skin like me I would completely recommend that you try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream saved my skin after a misfortunate pick of foundation (which caused me a number of whiteheads, blackheads, and dry, irritated skin). Helped me get rid of dryness without increasing acne. I would have given it five lippies if it would have been easier to wear under makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the rich formula version of this cream and liked it for a while until it made my skin break out all over. It never irritated my skin, so I guess it was just too oily. It is a really thick cream so I was only using little dabs of it on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, but it still made me break out. Plus, it was really expenstive! Shoppers drug mart sells it for $32 for 40ml. The only thing I did like about it was the queeze bottle form that was great for travelling. Definately would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Vicky1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My face suddenly became red, dry, itchy and irritated and the regular moisturisers I use did not work anymore. I have used Avene products before but did not feel they were exceptional (pretty basic), and my skin had not taken well to a couple of products in their line. However, the sudden irritation cld not be soothed even by La Mer, and out of desperation I turned to Skin Recovery Cream. It has a light emollient texture, and feels like a light protective film on the skin. Pretty pleased with the results: did not further irritate, the dry flaky feeling was gone a short while after using, the itching went down, and skin started to feel smoother and softer. The redness went down after a few days when the skin calmed down. The hydration level was just nice (I have combination/dehydrated skin), and so far I've not had any problems with the cream causing spots, oiliness etc. It even took away the stubborn flakiness around the nose. Still feel that this cream is a bit too basic for everyday use (wld prefer something with anti-oxidant properties), but in all it's a pretty good product for days when the skin needs a break.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by makoto4me

when I was using the first tube, it can make my redness face become normal.however later when I was sensitive again, I bought the second tube, it did not work any more...I need to find other recovery cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by digitalnorth13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is not an everyday moisturizer - I use it as a night treatment when my skin in not in the best of moods.
I also bring it with me to work and apply it to hives that may pop up during the day (i work where there is recycled stale air and tonnes of chalkdust) and it soothes and takes the itch away and the redness disappears!

I would recomend it to allergic types and those in need of sos or hydration after alot of neglect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by annelau

It does exactly what it promises - to calm you skin when there is allergy. Sometimes, I use it after applying Smoothing Serum. When the allergy is really bad, I use nothing else but only this moisturizer. It will calm my skin in just 1-3 days. If the weather is very dry, I apply it on top of Hydrance Optimal Riche and my skin feels less tight. Good product at reasonable price.