April 17, 2014 | 1025 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I took a gamble on this e/s because the sa said it would look fantastic on me, and she was right, however I could not get the same color that she applied when I got home. I am NC 20-25ish blond blue eyed. This appears as a mutted gold, with a little bit if shimmer. For some reason, I could not get this to apply. I swipped, and swipped, even used my finger. Still couldn't get it to apply. The surface was rock hard. I eventually scratched the surface and broke it up a bit. Once I did that, the color is beautiful. Just enough gold for me.
I more into neutrals and the occasional smokey-eye. This is just enough color to really add a touch of shimmer. I have played around with it with other various colors and have fallen in love.
I said I wouldn't buy this again, but if I do ever run out I might consider it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by maylias

Goldish beige, slightly glittery. Very buildable. I think the name is quite fitting... paired with black liner and red lips, it's a real pin-up color. I haven't had any fallout like other users. Thanks to MAC for the flip-top lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

All glitter and no color makes me a dull girl.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this color in the pot. I thought I had found my absolute perfect golden/champagne highlighter but I was dead wrong. Looked like a bunch of glitter, major fallout, and no color payoff. Sadly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

excellent light-golden eyeshadow that is on the lustre side. looks great with bronze or golden looks. pigmentation is fine and unlike previews reviewers i havent noticed any considerable fallouts. i love it combined with gel lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sophie5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gorgeous!

great nude colour with some sparkle. good colour payoff - seems to last for ages on top of paint pot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Retrospeck is a light beige with silver shimmer in the Lustre formula. It is not very pigmented and tends to be a bit gritty. I also find that the shimmer is on the large side so you can clearly see the base shade with silver shimmer when swatched, rather than a smooth metallic finish.

Overall, I found that this didn't show up on me as a base shade or all over wash, even after I layered it heavily over UDPP. The most I got was a little shimmer. I'm a NW20 and prefer Naked Lunch and Jest as all over lid shades as they are smoother texture wise and look more glowy. As a browbone highlighter, I prefer less glittery and smoother shades such as Brule.

Packaging is the typical MAC packaging if you buy this in a pot - flip top in black plastic with a clear centre so you can see the colour. Mine was in a pan and was stored in my 15 pan palette.

Overall, I would recommend this only if you are very, very pale or if you like very natural no-makeup looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SnookieLex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent highlight color, but I much prefer Grand Entrance or Shroom for the color payoff. I don't think I would repurchase this, because there are so many other highlights that do a better job. I just can't stand lustre shadows!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I used to love this shadow but it broke into a million pieces and I havent bothered to repurchase it yet. I borrow my sisters whenever I'm at her house I rummage through her MAC. Its so lovely as a lid color or highlight. It's a Lustre finish shadow so there is lots of glittery fallout.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retrospeck looks so pretty in the pan but not so great on. So much fallout and virtually no color payoff. So disappointed