MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 6/5/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wore it under the brow on my wedding day along with Honesty and Retrospect!

on 5/30/2009 2:33:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow, had seen in the shop many times, but never bought it, then I got the chance to swap for it, and I am glad I did!
I like some ohters that have reviewed this shade also find it best to apply with my finger, goes on really nice, despite being a lustre finish which I am not usually very compatable with! the colour on me come off as a neutral type of gold with a shimmer, lasts fairly well!
Today I did a new look with it, using retrospeck and the Stila banana daiguiri trio. {not sure what the exact shades in the trio are}
Heres what I did: retrospeck on the lid, then the middle lightest shade from the stila trio on the outer v,, its like a matte beige with pink tones, then the darkest shade in the crease, i never thought I would use the dark shade, its almost like a matte dark chocolate shade, but it went absolutly perfect with this combination and looked great!
I would definatly buy retrospeck again!

on 5/18/2009 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really really like this shadow. My sis has it and let me use it and I really liked it. So I went out and got my own. I love it. I feel so sexy and glam when I wear it. I find it works best and is much more pigmented when I apply with my finger. YEY YEY.

on 5/17/2009 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Another shadow I had to return after purchasing. This shadow is gorgeous in the pan, and I was so excited when I purchased it because on my hand it looked amazing (swatched with a q-tip). I have been searching for a goldish color that is NOT yellow and when I found Retrospeck I thought my search was over for good ... WRONG! This color had absolutely no color payoff whatsoever on me. The application was terrible -- nothing but glitter showed up on my lids (and face). The chunkiness of this product made me look like I had scales on my eyelids. I tried everything to make this work -- to no avail. If MAC can make this color in a NON LUSTRE finish I would jump all over it. However, being that it is a lustre, I would never repurchase this in the future (or any lustre for that matter).

on 5/10/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I took a gamble on this e/s because the sa said it would look fantastic on me, and she was right, however I could not get the same color that she applied when I got home. I am NC 20-25ish blond blue eyed. This appears as a mutted gold, with a little bit if shimmer. For some reason, I could not get this to apply. I swipped, and swipped, even used my finger. Still couldn't get it to apply. The surface was rock hard. I eventually scratched the surface and broke it up a bit. Once I did that, the color is beautiful. Just enough gold for me.
I more into neutrals and the occasional smokey-eye. This is just enough color to really add a touch of shimmer. I have played around with it with other various colors and have fallen in love.
I said I wouldn't buy this again, but if I do ever run out I might consider it.

on 4/28/2009 5:54:00 PM

Goldish beige, slightly glittery. Very buildable. I think the name is quite fitting... paired with black liner and red lips, it's a real pin-up color. I haven't had any fallout like other users. Thanks to MAC for the flip-top lid.

on 4/25/2009 3:38:00 PM

All glitter and no color makes me a dull girl.

on 4/25/2009 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I loved this color in the pot. I thought I had found my absolute perfect golden/champagne highlighter but I was dead wrong. Looked like a bunch of glitter, major fallout, and no color payoff. Sadly disappointed.

on 4/25/2009 1:26:00 PM

excellent light-golden eyeshadow that is on the lustre side. looks great with bronze or golden looks. pigmentation is fine and unlike previews reviewers i havent noticed any considerable fallouts. i love it combined with gel lipstick

on 4/20/2009 2:03:00 PM

gorgeous!

great nude colour with some sparkle. good colour payoff - seems to last for ages on top of paint pot

Popular Eye Shadows