MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

Bleh...I do not like this eyeshadow at all. It looks beautiful in th pan, however looks are quite deceiving in this case. Retrospeck has waaayyy to much fallout and absolutely no color payoff. I was really disappointed with this formula. I have another lustre formula eyeshadow (Gleam) and it sucks as well. Anyways, I would never buy this shade or formula for that matter again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is for now, the only gold mac shadow that I have. I really like it. I wore it today with sable in the crease, it held up and looked beautiful. The swatches on the mac site are horrible. I always look on here to see what shadows really look like, and this was what I was expected.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wore it under the brow on my wedding day along with Honesty and Retrospect!

I love this eyeshadow, had seen in the shop many times, but never bought it, then I got the chance to swap for it, and I am glad I did!
I like some ohters that have reviewed this shade also find it best to apply with my finger, goes on really nice, despite being a lustre finish which I am not usually very compatable with! the colour on me come off as a neutral type of gold with a shimmer, lasts fairly well!
Today I did a new look with it, using retrospeck and the Stila banana daiguiri trio. {not sure what the exact shades in the trio are}
Heres what I did: retrospeck on the lid, then the middle lightest shade from the stila trio on the outer v,, its like a matte beige with pink tones, then the darkest shade in the crease, i never thought I would use the dark shade, its almost like a matte dark chocolate shade, but it went absolutly perfect with this combination and looked great!
I would definatly buy retrospeck again!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really really like this shadow. My sis has it and let me use it and I really liked it. So I went out and got my own. I love it. I feel so sexy and glam when I wear it. I find it works best and is much more pigmented when I apply with my finger. YEY YEY.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Another shadow I had to return after purchasing. This shadow is gorgeous in the pan, and I was so excited when I purchased it because on my hand it looked amazing (swatched with a q-tip). I have been searching for a goldish color that is NOT yellow and when I found Retrospeck I thought my search was over for good ... WRONG! This color had absolutely no color payoff whatsoever on me. The application was terrible -- nothing but glitter showed up on my lids (and face). The chunkiness of this product made me look like I had scales on my eyelids. I tried everything to make this work -- to no avail. If MAC can make this color in a NON LUSTRE finish I would jump all over it. However, being that it is a lustre, I would never repurchase this in the future (or any lustre for that matter).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I took a gamble on this e/s because the sa said it would look fantastic on me, and she was right, however I could not get the same color that she applied when I got home. I am NC 20-25ish blond blue eyed. This appears as a mutted gold, with a little bit if shimmer. For some reason, I could not get this to apply. I swipped, and swipped, even used my finger. Still couldn't get it to apply. The surface was rock hard. I eventually scratched the surface and broke it up a bit. Once I did that, the color is beautiful. Just enough gold for me.
I more into neutrals and the occasional smokey-eye. This is just enough color to really add a touch of shimmer. I have played around with it with other various colors and have fallen in love.
I said I wouldn't buy this again, but if I do ever run out I might consider it.

Goldish beige, slightly glittery. Very buildable. I think the name is quite fitting... paired with black liner and red lips, it's a real pin-up color. I haven't had any fallout like other users. Thanks to MAC for the flip-top lid.

All glitter and no color makes me a dull girl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I loved this color in the pot. I thought I had found my absolute perfect golden/champagne highlighter but I was dead wrong. Looked like a bunch of glitter, major fallout, and no color payoff. Sadly disappointed.

Top Rated MAC Products