April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by aremid

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Rimmel waterproof mascara, but when I went to buy more they didn't have the waterproof so I looked at other brands. I found Cover Girl Professional waterproof mascara and thought I'd try it. I was very surprised at the results and the price was better then Rimmel. $3 something at Walmart's. I will definitely buy this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought about 10 waterproof mascaras on sale recently, and plan to review them all. I probably have the worst natural eyelashes on the planet, barring people who have medical or traumatic eyelash loss or damage. My Asian lashes are extremely sparse, poker-straight, and short short short. They are so nonexistent that a co-worker told me she thought I didn't even have any lashes until I showed up one day with mascara! I also must use waterproof formulas, because the quick-drying water-free wax in them keeps the curl from drooping out. I won't be commenting on removeability, because from my experience, ALL waterproof mascaras that are really waterproof are difficult to remove. That is an unavoidable fact.
So far, Maybelline's Lash Expansion waterproof is winning for volumizing. So I put Lash Expansion on my right eye, and CG Professional WP on the left. Lash Expansion gave me double the volume as Professional. Professional only modestly volumizes, and minimally lengthens. On the plus side, it doesn't remove the curl from my lashes, and does not smudge or flake AT ALL. But neither does Lash Expansion, which gives me double the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't do anything dramatic to lashes, but that's fine with me. I use all kinds of sunscreen and lotions around my eyes, but this stuff has never flaked off. It holds a curl and doesn't make my lashes fall off. Due to a recent bout of medication, my eyes are dry and easily irritated, and my lashes are brittle, but this never bothers me. I like the brown color. I'd prefer a finer bristled brush but otherwise, this is good for an every day mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by apsalmist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Does not flake. Is not heavy. Does not break your lashes. This mascara sleekly 'hugs' your lashes. There are no clingy clumps. For those who want 'thick' lashes, you will need to apply and then reapply again and possibly even again to get a more dramatic effect. I have dark lashes and plenty of them, though only of medium length. With this mascara my lashes show well when I use a eyelash curler. I can not 'feel' the mascara on my lashes. By accident I purchased Cover Girl's waterproof Marathon which left me with thick HEAVY lashes that I didn't dare touch cause I was sure they would break. I'll stick with the Professional Waterproof mascara. I use Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Gel for easy removal. Inexpensive - less than $4 at Walmart.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many mascaras trying to find the perfect one. I thought I'd give this a shot as it was only 3.96 and if I could find decent stuff at budget prices that'd be great of course. After all, I just found ELF cream blusher I love for $1.00. This was terrible - I have very faint short lashes and this didn't even cover half my lashes. Right away it looked like half of it flaked off. Maybe it'd be good for someone with naturally dark long lashes that wanted to really work at applying it for a "natural" look? I say stay away! I heard their Lash Exact mascara is nice but haven't tried it yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Amazing lasting quality. So it clumps a little and doesn't add dramatic lashes, if waterproof and smudgeproof is what you're after, this delivers. I used it during a 6-hour mountain bike race in weather so hot, it turned my lip balm into liquid. Dirt, sweat, heat, rubbing eyes... I did it all, and it didn't budge. It washes off pretty easily with my facial soap or makeup remover. UPDATE: I like the non-waterproof one way better. It doesn't smudge at all and gives you much better lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the regular version of this, but this one was dry and did nothing for my lashes. The price was nice, less than $5 but the washable is so much better, and does not smudge anyway so this one is pointless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara at a BOGO sale at Long's. I don't usually wear mascara, but after I bought this, I've been wearing it every day. I really like it and it's become my HG mascara. I love this stuff and it even stayed on in the shower and in the pool. It's so dirt cheap too!! I love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always gotten panda/ raccoon eye from waterproof mascara so I'm shocked that this product worked SO well. I applied it after curling my lashes, and it held the same curl all day. It did not clump. I have long, sparse lashes and while this did not really thicken, they did not get the more common spider look either. I wore this on a really, really rainy, humid day with lotsa running around-- and no smudges or smears or panda eyes! This also comes of quite easily for me when I use moisturizing almay eyemakeup remover. Really, really great waterproof!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by KJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not recommended for contact lens wearers. I wear eyeliner, cream eyeshadow and powder eyeshadow daily, none of which had irritated my eyes. It wasn't until I wore CoverGirl Professional Waterproof mascara (black) that my eyes began to sting. This is probably due to the mascara flaking off. After curling my lashes, a couple of coats of this mascara creates a dramatic look. Even though it clumps during application, it is no worse than any other mascara you'll find for less than $5. However I strongly urge contact lens wearers to steer clear. Users sans contacts may not have these issues.