July 31, 2014 | 2097 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Kflores

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this foundation in the lightest shade i could find (fairl light) bcuz once i apply my bronzer, my face evens out..... but i dont get the kind of coverage i want! my face either comes out really powder looking or jus read ( which is my cheeks nautral color, it sucks) its covenient when ur in a hurry and want lil coverage thought! if somebody out there can help me, i'd appreseate it.... Do u need to use the bare escentual brushes for the application to work? and does anyone know what works good to help cover rednesss????? thanks guys :) plez help................ o but the new shifters r so nice! i'd by the product jus for those

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Steph315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation for daily wear. I'm fair/med but have a hard timie finding foundations that don't look too pink or too orange (NC 25 is a tad too dark on me). When I first tried used put it on it seemed to irritate my skin within a few minutes (slightly itching, burning feeling). But after a few minutes it went away and I haven't had that problem since. It looks very natural, goes on super easy and I love the dewey finish it seems to leave. It does seem to wear off within a few hours but I think that's because I'm very "handsy" with my face. I carry the the refillable buffing brush and it's really easy to do touchups. Since using it my face has broke out much less. I'm surprised more people don't rave about this foundation, it's that awesome (for me anyways)!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

when i first started using this foundation i was like HEYY it's awesome.. i used it with the primer and it lasted alll daaaaay! i was soo impressed!!!!!! i even fell asleep with it and the next morning my skin still looked almost perfect. but after like ........ a month of using it i started getting A LOT OF LITTLE BLACK HEADS & WHITE HEADS.. i had no idea.... i didnt even think it was the foundation..... then my friend told me it might be myf oundation. so i stopped using it for a couple of months.... it cleared up a little.. then i started using BE again.. then WHITEHEADS/BLACKHEADS came backk full force :(. i was SOOO SAD that this product made me break out since it gave such good coverage ... but too bad i can't use it because it makes me break out ... :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ALiAS07

I've been using this product for over half a year now. I had just bought the foundation separately to try it out and I LOVE IT. Now, I went back and bought the entire package for $80. The foundation blends in perfectly with my skin, and unlike other foundations, it doesn't make you look like your wearing a masc. I think BE is good for those who have clearer skin and somewhat acne prone because it gives enough coverage to hide the acne scars, which it did for me. It is also really good for those with sensitive skin like my self. If your prefer heavier coverage, then this product won't probably be enough for you. I love it because for the first time ever, I don't feel like I'm wearing any foundation on my face and my face doesn't feel greasy or feels loaded with makeup. It also helps me with my acne and it LOOKS NATURAL when you have it on =). I've used many different foundations before, but I have sensitive skin and they ended up giving me eczema, which I've never had before.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by SarenaMarie

My dermatologist reccommended this because it's supposedly healthier for my skin. But I like a matte finish and this foundation was WAY too shiny for my face. I already have oily skin and this did not help out that matter. This may work better for dry skin, but it did me no good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a very fair and dry, sensitive scandinavian skin. This colour is just perfect for me. It covers all the redness I naturally have, makes a dewy, glowy and natural look and feels like you have nothing on. I have used this for a little over a year and I feel like it has made my skin calmer an universally better. The technique may take a while: just don't use too much and apply to dry skin with a correct brush. If you have oily skin you have to use mineral veil, if you don't , it will get oily at the end of the day.

I cannot use the b.e. brushes, they are too harsh for my skin, I use the Body Shop's instead.

I highly recommend trying it, I personally will never go back to liquid foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few years now and really like it. It's definitely made me a convert to mineral makeup...no going back to heavy liquid foundation for me!

Pros - Looks very natural, like having on no makeup at all. Blends easily. Improved my skin (no more breakouts from heavy foundation). Covers redness and blackheads

Cons - I think I have a very slight allergy to the bismuth oxide. When it's very warm out or I work out with BE on, my skin tends to itch. Also I'm not a huge fan of the "shine" this product gives it my t-zone (I have oily skin in my t-zone). I also feel it accentuates my larger pores around my nose more than I'd like. The things I like about it, though, greatly outweigh these cons, which is why I've kept on using it for years despite the cons. When I've tried other brands of mineral makeup, the coverage just didn't cut it. I recently ran out of this so I'm going to switch to the BE matte formula, which I hope will suit my skin better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JNI32593

I was getting tired of always looking shiny in pictures because of my liquid foundation, so I decided I would try this. I heard it was good for acne-prone, sensitive skin, although I was wary about it because of the reviews I had read about people reacting to the bismuth oxychloride in it. However I still bought it, and I even brought it with my on vacation. All of my pictures came out great with this one, and i really didn't look shiny. I t even blended in with my skin when it tanned, and now, even untanned, it still matches my skin tone exactly. The spill-lock lid is really great, I was afraid it would not have it when I bought it because it was still in the process of being switched over, and I didn't know if they had replaced the traditional lids in my Sephora yet. THe coverage of this foundation is great, i get light to medium coverage, and I only use/need one layer, which is great. In terms of covering redness, I have slight acne on my cheeks, and this is THE BEST foundation I have ever used to neutralize redness. It even works well on undereye circles, and I use this foundation as a concealer too, so I don't need a seperate one. My face also stays matte with this on, which never happens, and it seems to actaully help my acne. When I switched back to liquid for a couple of days, I had some breakouts on my cheeks, but when I switched back, those started to go away. However, now we get to the bad: This is the most expensive foundation I have used, although technically it is only a couple dollars more than my usual foundation. Second, There is a learning curve to the application process, as I found out I cannot apply it to my eyelids like normal foundations or it will crease. Third, it can sometimes crease, but usually only in humid weather. I used a different moisturizer with this, and for a while it creased whenever I combined the two, but now it hasn't been doing that. It even held up recently through a night of intense dancing, and still looked awesome, with absolutely no creasing. Overall, I really do like the way this foundation looks and feels, and I probabaly would repurchase it, even with the cons mentioned above.

**EDIT**: Make sure you clean your brushes often when using this--I hadn't cleaned mine in long time (ewww, I know) and my face was starting to look a little orange and my makeup was looking cakey. The powder that builds up on the brush will oxidize over time, and that will transfer onto your skin and give it a fake-bronzer (in a nasty, orangey-shade kind of way) look, which was not flattering. But now that my brushes are clean, all is well.

**EDITEDIT**
I stopped using this. My skin was breaking out worse, and I think it was because of this, because once i stopped using it, my skin cleared up. Too bad. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Casey0714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, I really did. It matches my skin color PERFECTLY but that's where my excitement ended. Didn't last past lunchtime on my (non-oily) skin, despite trying primer underneath. I'm 25, and this caked and cracked like crazy and made me look much older (even after I moisturized like crazy). Not attractive.
My skin is horribly sensitive, and while this didn't break me out, it made me itchy sometimes.
Disappointment!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by lstiesi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went from using MAC Studio fix in C3, but got tired of it and wanted to try something different. Went to Sephora, talked to a lady about acne scars and such and she told me to use this. It looked good in the store and when I used it at home, it was okay. Don't like the coverage though, felt like it did nothing for me, aside from blending nicely...