Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My favorite makeup ever. I've tried pretty much every foundation out there and I keep coming back to this. I love that with my glasses I don't get makeup all over my frames and I don't get the little missing patches on my nose where my glasses rub. I also don't break out in that area like I do when I use liquid. I prefer the original to the matte. The matte leaves me looking flat and the original gives some little highlight and dimension that looks fresh. I've got my MIL using this makeup now and she's 66 and loves it. My mom didn't like it at first, because she thought it was too powdery and made her look old, but once she sat in the makeup for a few and it settled in, she looked at it again and changed her mind. With this MU, application is everything. Go slow, light layers, and don't build up too much too fast.

on 2/22/2011 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Let me start by saying the only reason I won't buy this product again is because I have finally gotten rid of my fear of liquid foundation. I had a big fear of blending all wrong. I was turned on to BE when I managed a salon boutique. I was taught how to use it. I wasted a lot by spilling it, getting it down my clothing, or it jumping out of the container when pouring the leftovers from the lid back into the container.

I never liked the warmth- way too dark for someone who has ivory skin. I could not use the fairly light alone, I could use the light alone. So as I ran out of the light I would blend the fairly light. I LOVE the kabuki brush from the set and still use it. (4years later).

I find these foundations to be a problem and take more time and hassle then it is worth. It is messy to work with, gets all over the make up bag from residue on the sides of the lid and either not enough pours into the compartment or half the container pours out. The quality is great! The price is a bit steep. The average kit depending on location is $60-$78. This can last quite sometime if you don't spill any across your bathroom. Great for people who want to switch to mineral foundation. Not so great for those who don't want to wipe down their bathrooms, change their shirt, or have dust across your bustline.

on 2/13/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Age: 42
Skin: Dry-Normal
Condition: Large pores, few fine lines
After using this product for two months... I feel that I have a love/hate relationship with it.
Some days, it is the most beautiful, lasting finish ever. Other days, my pores are exaggerated and my skin becomes oily. Neither of these experiences have I ever had with any other product.
The color match is perfect, it leaves a beautiful sheen finish, I can touch my face and it feel so soft.
I try my best to keep my skin in good condition therefore it does not dry me out....even under my eyes.
Some days it lasts and others it doesn't.
What gives?
The ingredients used are very typical in any foundation...even cream foundations. So, the lux claims of natural, coming from the earth- aren't so extraordinary. Also, rarely does one find Bismuth in a "natural" environment. Yes, it is a heavy metal on the periodic table, so it technically naturally occurring, but this doesn't mean that it is good for you. What about poor Arsenic? He's on the table too:)
Luckily, I have had no reaction to Bismuth and don't really mind the mess.
So, for now, I will not give up.
But no promises if this polar experience continues:)

on 1/27/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After developing cystic acne in my mid-30s on my jawline and cheeks, I was at my wit's end. I tried many oil-free liquid foundations to see if that was what was causing the breakouts. When I saw an ad for BE, I thought I'd give it a try. This was back when it was sold on TV (there was no BE store near me). I am not exaggerating when I say that within 2 months I was just about break-out free. I was ecstatic. And while the blemishes were erupting or healing, it covered very well.

To this day, I get compliments on my skin all the time. I was being helped by a salesperson at Nordstrom and she says, "My god, your skin is incredible. Do you even have pores?!" Made my day! :)

on 1/23/2011 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally don't spend a lot on makeup unless I think it's really worth it, and Bare Minerals is one of those exceptions. After years of liquid foundation that irritated my skin, I was so glad to find something that actually made it look better the more I used it. I used to break out much more often, but now it's one or two blemishes occasioanlly. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin unless you use a moisturizer first, but because I have combination skin this product balanced it out. This is one thing in my makeup bag I can't go without, even on supposedly makeup-free days I wear this foundation. It only takes a few seconds to throw on, so why not?

on 1/18/2011 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When i first put this on i thought it was a tad too warm/tan for me, and i also noticed it seemed exactly the same as my physicians formula mineral foundation. However i went out anyway because it was a friends birthday and i didnt want to be late. 8 hours later when i got home i was COMPLETELY orange. I looked ridiculous. Im soooo mad that i blew 30 bucks on this. I dont know, maybe its just my skins fault, but for some reason this foundation completely oxidizes on me. And even if it didnt turn orange i wouldnt buy this again, because its not that great for me.

on 1/5/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this foundation in the lightest shade i could find (fairl light) bcuz once i apply my bronzer, my face evens out..... but i dont get the kind of coverage i want! my face either comes out really powder looking or jus read ( which is my cheeks nautral color, it sucks) its covenient when ur in a hurry and want lil coverage thought! if somebody out there can help me, i'd appreseate it.... Do u need to use the bare escentual brushes for the application to work? and does anyone know what works good to help cover rednesss????? thanks guys :) plez help................ o but the new shifters r so nice! i'd by the product jus for those

on 12/26/2010 6:06:00 PM

This is my HG foundation for daily wear. I'm fair/med but have a hard timie finding foundations that don't look too pink or too orange (NC 25 is a tad too dark on me). When I first tried used put it on it seemed to irritate my skin within a few minutes (slightly itching, burning feeling). But after a few minutes it went away and I haven't had that problem since. It looks very natural, goes on super easy and I love the dewey finish it seems to leave. It does seem to wear off within a few hours but I think that's because I'm very "handsy" with my face. I carry the the refillable buffing brush and it's really easy to do touchups. Since using it my face has broke out much less. I'm surprised more people don't rave about this foundation, it's that awesome (for me anyways)!

on 12/17/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when i first started using this foundation i was like HEYY it's awesome.. i used it with the primer and it lasted alll daaaaay! i was soo impressed!!!!!! i even fell asleep with it and the next morning my skin still looked almost perfect. but after like ........ a month of using it i started getting A LOT OF LITTLE BLACK HEADS & WHITE HEADS.. i had no idea.... i didnt even think it was the foundation..... then my friend told me it might be myf oundation. so i stopped using it for a couple of months.... it cleared up a little.. then i started using BE again.. then WHITEHEADS/BLACKHEADS came backk full force :(. i was SOOO SAD that this product made me break out since it gave such good coverage ... but too bad i can't use it because it makes me break out ... :/

on 11/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

I've been using this product for over half a year now. I had just bought the foundation separately to try it out and I LOVE IT. Now, I went back and bought the entire package for $80. The foundation blends in perfectly with my skin, and unlike other foundations, it doesn't make you look like your wearing a masc. I think BE is good for those who have clearer skin and somewhat acne prone because it gives enough coverage to hide the acne scars, which it did for me. It is also really good for those with sensitive skin like my self. If your prefer heavier coverage, then this product won't probably be enough for you. I love it because for the first time ever, I don't feel like I'm wearing any foundation on my face and my face doesn't feel greasy or feels loaded with makeup. It also helps me with my acne and it LOOKS NATURAL when you have it on =). I've used many different foundations before, but I have sensitive skin and they ended up giving me eczema, which I've never had before.