October 1, 2014 | 976 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by MsJ2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color match of this foundation. I wear suede. I am NC 50 in Mac. However, after a few days I noticed a few little pimples and some cystic acne. I hated to return it because the color match is awesome as well as the longevity. I'm not sure if I will purchase again. I am using clinique stay matte now b/c it doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

I'm not 100% on how I feel about this foundation. Some days, i'm in love. It's luxurious, has good coverage without caking and feels light. Other days it clings to dry patches and it's lasting power sucks.

Coverage/colour-matching: I'd say medium to buildable, but I dont believe for a second it's a "24 hour" foundation. It usually just disappears throughout my shift at work, so it's not so good when you have a lot of blemishes you're trying to cover. It does stay pretty matte though, I could blot if I wanted to, but i'm not shiney by the end of the day.
Edit: I tried it with Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray, and it lasted much longer! I think my face was just getting too oily and slick at work causing my make up to move.

They do have a wide varitey of colors, and tones so you're likely to find a really good match for your skin. I find some do go a little pinky though, so make sure to try it on your neck before you buy.

Texture/formula: Light, liquid. Feels really nice on ... very silky. Has an SPF 15 in it, which is decent... but for anyone that thinks a foundation SPF is worth anything, or a SPF 15 in general even, is sorely mistaken. If it had an SPF 45-60 UVA/UVB protection, that'd be alot better. (the number of SPF isn't the amount of protection it gives you, it's the length of time it allows for protection.) So this would only cover you from UVB's only for MAYBE an hour, and that's from the time you put it on in the morning, not when you leave your house. So... pretty useless that it's in there, it's just a selling point really.

Price: Overpriced. You're paying for the brand for sure, I wouldn't say it's worth the $50. Maybe $30.

Packaging: Luxurious. Has a pump which is nice, but on the other hand.. It doens't look like it'd be easy to pop the top off to get the last bit at the bottom when you're getting close to done. It's a glass containing, with a frosted finish .. So you do get what you pay for in packaging.
Edit: I was wrong! Very easy to screw off the cap and get as much as I could out of the bottom.

Luckily, i didn't actually purchase this, I got it free from work as a gratis... but because of it's price and the fact that it's not super effective, I will not be purchasing it for myself. I will finish the bottle, because I do like it on when I don't have any dryness.The fresh wear foundation that lancome had was a lot better in my opinion. You're better off to go for Revlon color stay and get better lasting ability at a third of the price.

Edit: I did end up repurchasing myself because I can't find anything else I like with this amount of coverage and air-brushed look! Revlon's colour stay ultimately proved too cakey. I still prefer if I can get it free from work, but gratis wasn't for awhile and I needed a go-to work foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tylergoodwinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best foundation I've ever used. MAC, Makeup Forever, or any of the other competitors DO NOT even hold a candle to this product. My face will look the exact same as when I first put it on, and even before setting it with a powder, it has a unbelievably flawless finish. I use my beauty blender and the combanation is unbeatable. Living in the south where it is always humid makes it difficult to keep that flawless look with foundations BUT this one has never failed me. No matter how long I'm outside, this foundation never fluctuates. Lancôme killed it with this foundation. It's worth every penny. Especially considering I have EXTREMEMLY sensitive skin (side effects of acutane) I never have breakouts caused by this product. Two thumbs up for sure. Be sure to keep your foundation brush clean though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay so this foundation is far from 'affordable' as it is 50$ (CAD) before taxes.
Anyways, I was browsing sephora and actually had my eye on the Kat von D lockit foundation, because I heard the coverage was good. I put it on my hand, and it made my skin feel like mask, way too thick for my liking. So the sales associate told me to give this a try, I was skeptical because of the price, didn't think any foundation would be worth 50 bucks.

So, she put it on me, and a finishing powder and without a primer. I was pretty surprised how close to flawless it looked WITHOUT a primer! Anyways, I left the store with the foundation, and was pretty happy about it.

Okay, so the low-down on this is it is a Matte liquid foundation that is full coverage and very buildable (It also has a pump!!). I have never had any issues with this being 'cakey' at all, and with a smashbox primer underneath it works wonders. I have NEVER had a foundation made me look this flawless. It covers the red in my cheeks and chin very well also. It lasts all day, and stays matte (I sometimes get shine on my nose and chin, but rarely. Only when it is really humid) I've actually been setting it with Rimmel stay matte, and this combination has been working nicely!
I also don't find it very heavy on the skin, I can't really feel it there during the day and it doesn't seem to transfer. You will still need a good under eye concealer though, as this doesn't do much for bad under eye circles!
I haven't had any breakouts from it, though I don't really have sensitive skin.

I think lancome really knocked it out of the park with this one, out of all the foundations I tried be it drugstore or High end, this is one I can see myself buying over and over again!
I highly recommend this! The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because it's fairly expensive :(

(Make sure your brush is clean when applying, or it won't apply well!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a foundation that looks flawless whether it is in natural or artificial lighting. The Ivoire C shade is perfect for my skin tone- not too yellowy, just a tiny bit pink. It is full coverage without ever looking cakey. I wore this to 9 hour work shifts without ever retouching, as well as in tropical climates. The pump packaging is divine. I switched to Lancome a year ago after using Clinique for about two years, and to be honest I don't think I'll switch until the day I stop using foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mudra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When my usual foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Light) ran out, I decided I would try Lancome to take advantage of a GWP. I asked the sales rep what she would recommend, and she suggested this. At first I was really convinced that it looked good; I had my teenager with me who said that the Lancome looked "much better." I will say that it had a lighter coverage and allowed more of my natural skin to show through, including my freckles. However, despite what the sales consultant said, I didn't think she got a good match to my very fair skin. Out in natural light, I felt like the color was turning orange on me. I also noticed that within just a couple hours it felt like the makeup was melting off my face in the heat, which never happens to me with the other brands I've worn. Granted, it was an extremely hot couple days, but I was not impressed at all and returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by hforsyth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation. It is comfortable, light-weight, and it lasts!
The only downside is that they don't have a shade that is light enough for my skin so I actually have to use their lightest shade which is a little darker than me. I can't care though because I love this foundation too much!!! It's a must try.
It is really expensive though... not sure if I would repurchase a lot due to the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by TiniVonDoom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I came across a sample, finally! Used it the first time tonight out at a friends birthday. The colour is good. I am very pale and usually have to mix in white foundation to get the right colour but as the white isn't good quality it gives a stippley effect, but 005 is a good colour match. I was initially put off by the smell as it has a strong perfume sent indicating a high alcohol level which could set my sensitive skin haywire, but it didnt. Usually after an hour or 2 with any other foundation (I usually use revlon colourstay) I have to blot as my face is just one massive grease ball, (and I am not over exaggerating) but after 6 hours out; talking, laughing, standing next to a BBQ, I went to check my face to see if anything had budged but not a thing had changed! Brilliant! Coverage is pretty good too. Nice and smooth. I like a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finish: matte
coverage : full
wear: full day, reasonable oil control
Dry skin: beware, moisturise well!

color match: 045 beige sable ( yellowest alternative)
other matches : Estee Lauder DW tawny, mac NC30, F&Body C3, Rimmel long lasting 220, Bourjois 10hr 53( bit light)

I was looking for a long wearing alternative after oilslick scare with the failed MAC f&b and MUFE f&b which looked terrible with -7284783 oil control.

ester lauder gave good results but was hoping for a ghost face free alternative ( also formula recently changed) and gave a smoother finish than lancome

teeint idols felt a bit tight and drying on my occasionally dry combination skin, but I'm just relieved it stayed on and controlled my oil.

no problems settling into lines given that I put down a good dollop of moisterisor prior to application.

finish wasn't as smooth as I have experienced with shu uemura face architect or Chanel teint innocence cream, fairly average.

flash, much much less white cast than ester lauder but difference between neck and face noticeable given the spf15

colour selection, so 35 is lighter than 03, and 045 lighter than 04. 04 was wayyyyyyy to pink, I'm Asian with medium toned skin and 045 was a reasonable match. Not as yellow as mac foundations.

overall I was looking for a long wear foundation good for photography at night going out, and I'm a bit let down by the flashback but this is the best I can get hold of at the moment, I expected a bit more from a high end foundation but too pov to fork out $100 for Chanel cream foundation.

I think it does what it is meant too but not the most breathtaking, luminous, poreless finish I've seen
And please moisturise first if dry, dries quickly so work in sections and remove well with good/oil mu remover ~

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bls182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I am so happy that I finally decided to try this foundation! I've been using cream foundations (I love a full coverage) but have recently found their coverage TOO full and 'cakey' for a lack of a better word. This foundation is a medium to full foundation - it can be medium but is easily built up to a beautiful full flawless coverage (it easily covers any blemishes). The coverage really amazed me because the texture is such a sheer and lightweight liquid; I was amazed that such a small amount of product could create such a perfect result! The finish is relatively matte but it also isn't flat, it's quite natural and doesn't make the face lose definition. For me since the coverage is buildable I can wear it as both a day and night foundation. As for the promise to last "24 hours" I can't say that I've been awake 24 hours straight wearing it, but I have worn it for 12 hours and it's still looked great at the end. This has ended my foundation hunt, I honestly love and can't rave about it enough! It's definitely my new HG product.