August 23, 2014 | 1301 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I bought this product in "Radiant" for fair skintones. I like the click-pen packaging, and this product is very portable. It really brightens up the darkness under my eyes, but it settles into fine lines and cakes very easily. Despite that, I will repurchase because i can easily fix the settling with powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first, I liked this product but after a few weeks use my opinion has gone down to zilch!

This product does cover but not to a great extent and I don't see any brightening effects. I bought this to use with a concealer to hide my dark undereye circles but this doesn't seem to be having any more effect than any other concealer.
It creases more than a good concealer but it does set nicely at first. The coverage is ok as the product is quite watery but it doesn't sink in after time. I would recommend people save their money on this and try something else.

The price is ok for Maybelline, I think it is more expensive than it should be but I heard a lot of people are buying into this hype that Dream Lumi Touch is a dupe of YSL Touché Eclat. (Haven't tried YSL so can't compare).

Packaging isn't great. It's a twist-bottom pump that distributes product into the brush fitted on top but you can't see how much product you have until there is too much. Also, I have used this in the same way I have used many concealers over the years (which usually lasted me 6 months) and this has almost run out after 4 weeks! Lame.

Wouldn't buy again and wouldn't recommend to anyone who needed fuller coverage under their eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was at the store looking to find the concealer I regularly purchase (Rimmel Match perfection - love it) but they were out of my color! Drag. I was in a rush and just grabbed this at random. I have never been a fan of click pens. There is hardly any product in there and a lot is wasted just trying to get a little bit out. I am pale and bought the lightest tint I believe it was just Ivory? Firstly the product in this shade is pink! A little does NOT go a long way with this and its not very blend-able. Although I still tried to use it and I did use at least half of it already (I use very little and I bought this only a week or 2 ago!) Its terrible for under your eyes and basically anywhere else.. It doesn't have much coverage at all.. I find it dries sticky and sits in your fine lines and looks cakey/scaley. It's not even all that brightening. I might try applying it under my foundation because over is just not working out.. As for the packaging as I said I hate click pens, and all the writing on the outside has already rubbed almost completely off. This definitely was not worth $8! I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by andiewam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this shade in nude but then i realized its too light for my under eye area. However I really like this. I use it mostly for highlighting for my nose and cheekbones. I'm not a fan of the packaging cause i've never use one like this and it feels like i have to spin it forever to get the product out. I don't know if there are other shades for my skin (nc25-30 is my skin) I have some yellow undertones. overall it's a good product . i just got a shade too light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: I'm an nc25, warm undertones.

I purchased this in "radiant", which is a light pinky shade. I use this to highlight tops of cheekbones, down bridge of my nose, between my brows and on my Cupid's bow. I only use a little amount because its crazy pigmented and too much makes my face look too bright. I like to apply to the back of my hand and then use my fingers or a real techniques small foundation brush to apply on my face. Def would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by vwilco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the product but I am quite disappointed by the packaging and hype, or lack there of. I do not use it on its own, I feel like its best mixed or layered with another product. I've only had this product for approximately 1 week and have been wearing it everyday, above my foundation but as a base for my under eye concealer. I live in Germany but have access to the military bases and I had no idea about it until I stumbled upon it in the SALE section of the make up. I will purchase this again because it does a nice job with highlighting and correcting but like I mentioned previously, it's better to layer or mix than a stand alone product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought this was great but then noticed it caking, and accentuating lines. Sigh. For reference, I am NC 15/20 and shade 02 is a perfect match, but would not buy again. I think MUFE's pen concealer and Clinique's (pink) highlighter are in a league of their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

I actually really like this product. I've tried touche eclat And for the $40 price tag, I wasn't that impressed. I picked this up for about six dollars. This is the second drugstore highlighter pen I've tried. The first was by L'Oreal and I didn't like it. I don't use this by itself but rather over my foundation and light concealer under the eyes. It actually works really well and is a bargain over YSL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My under eye circles are quite dark, it is genetic. So I always approach concealer with realistic expectations.

This does an okay job of covering the dark circles, but not great. For someone who doesn't have super dark circles, this will probably do the trick. Also I fell like they need to expand their shades a bit with this. While the shade I have is fine, it could have been better, but this was the closest to my skin tone.

I'm not sure if it was just the one I bought, but I have never head a product in this twist up format, that took so many clicks to finally get started. Usually I expect to click one of these about 20 times. I must have clicked this one at least 5 or 6 dozen times before product came out. I was about to give up and return it to the store as defective. It should not take that many clicks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 More reviews by thevnilly

I don't have severe dark circles, but I like a brightening, radiant effect for the darkness that does peep through my light skin. I wouldn't recommend this concealer to a friend, though. It's difficult to know how many clicks it's gonna take to get the product out. Inevitably, too much comes out and I either end up applying too much or wasting some. Ivory was a decent match for my NC20 coloring, but I did find that it settled in my lines and just looked cakey and too iridescent for my liking. I also suspect it's clogging the pores under my eyes. Bummer.

If you're looking for an light, luminous concealer, I recommend the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller over Dream Lumi.