August 1, 2014 | 1774 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by vwilco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the product but I am quite disappointed by the packaging and hype, or lack there of. I do not use it on its own, I feel like its best mixed or layered with another product. I've only had this product for approximately 1 week and have been wearing it everyday, above my foundation but as a base for my under eye concealer. I live in Germany but have access to the military bases and I had no idea about it until I stumbled upon it in the SALE section of the make up. I will purchase this again because it does a nice job with highlighting and correcting but like I mentioned previously, it's better to layer or mix than a stand alone product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought this was great but then noticed it caking, and accentuating lines. Sigh. For reference, I am NC 15/20 and shade 02 is a perfect match, but would not buy again. I think MUFE's pen concealer and Clinique's (pink) highlighter are in a league of their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

I actually really like this product. I've tried touche eclat And for the $40 price tag, I wasn't that impressed. I picked this up for about six dollars. This is the second drugstore highlighter pen I've tried. The first was by L'Oreal and I didn't like it. I don't use this by itself but rather over my foundation and light concealer under the eyes. It actually works really well and is a bargain over YSL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My under eye circles are quite dark, it is genetic. So I always approach concealer with realistic expectations.

This does an okay job of covering the dark circles, but not great. For someone who doesn't have super dark circles, this will probably do the trick. Also I fell like they need to expand their shades a bit with this. While the shade I have is fine, it could have been better, but this was the closest to my skin tone.

I'm not sure if it was just the one I bought, but I have never head a product in this twist up format, that took so many clicks to finally get started. Usually I expect to click one of these about 20 times. I must have clicked this one at least 5 or 6 dozen times before product came out. I was about to give up and return it to the store as defective. It should not take that many clicks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 More reviews by thevnilly

I don't have severe dark circles, but I like a brightening, radiant effect for the darkness that does peep through my light skin. I wouldn't recommend this concealer to a friend, though. It's difficult to know how many clicks it's gonna take to get the product out. Inevitably, too much comes out and I either end up applying too much or wasting some. Ivory was a decent match for my NC20 coloring, but I did find that it settled in my lines and just looked cakey and too iridescent for my liking. I also suspect it's clogging the pores under my eyes. Bummer.

If you're looking for an light, luminous concealer, I recommend the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller over Dream Lumi.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after a beauty blogger on YouTube raved about it. I was hesitant at first because my under eye dark circles are very hard to cover and the concealer I was using was very thick and I thought anything thinner wouldn't work as well but I was very pleasantly surprised with this! It works by reflecting light from it so that the dark circles don't show up and it is extremely effective! I will buy this again and again. Also, if you are tossing up between 2 colors, go for the lighter one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this in Ivory, which is surprisingly pale enough for me (not many drugstore products are). I really like the generous amount of coverage, I would say even more than YSL's Touche Eclat. However, there are two downsides: First, there is little to no highlighter in the formula. For me, this means I still need to apply my Benefit High Beam under my eyes also (which works out to not be a very big deal). Secondly, I go through this product so quickly. I used it every day for 2 weeks and am halfway through the pen tube. So I'm not sure how cost effective it is to use this instead of YSL's Touche Eclat, but seeing as how it's 1/4 of the price and I tend to overuse my Touche Eclat because the formula is so thin in coverage, it may work out to be the best value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product it's not too thick and doesn't settle as much in my fine lines under my eyes which is my main problem area.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this being raved about by a beauty guru I adore. I got it at Walmart for $6 or $7. It does nothing for me. I apply it after my Maybelline instant age rewind under eye treatment concealer. I see no radiance. No brightening. I use it because I bought it & it doesn't do anything damage so I'm gonna use it up. I won't repurchase simply because I see no difference after using. I like the click pen style & the brush tip applicator though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Dream stick concealer (Dream Lumi) is a dream to use. It glides on nicely and you need a minimal amount of product to achieve great coverage of dark, under-eye circles. I bought the lightest shade which worked well for my fair to light skin. The Dream Lumi doesn't work quite as well when used for covering raised blemishes.
It's nice to use a concealer that covers so well while going on so smoothly without causing me to tug on the delicate skin beneath the eyes. Incidentally, the Dream Lumi stick performed much better than the "boi-ing" concealer (Benefit) and cost half as much. (Dream Lumi - approx. $10.-11; "boi-ing"/Benefit concealer - $20.)