April 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS NOT MENT TO CONCEAL BLEMISHES. This is an ILLUMINATING concealer. If you apply it to a blemish, it will illuminate it. Who wants an illuminated blemish?

This is a non-shimmery concealer with pretty decent coverage. I bought this in the shade Ivory (I'm NC 15 for reference) and it has a peachy tone to it, which makes it perfect for brightening. I apply this to my dark under eye circles or any redness around my nose or mouth. It also can be used to brighten or highlight the face, so it could be applied to the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, cheekbones, below the brow bone or above the brow bone for a lift. I found that the easiest way to apply this was to twist it just a bit, dab the excess on the back of my hand, and then use the tip of the pen to brush it on to the desired location. I used this the day after I got back to work from having the Flu, and my face looked bright and refreshed and no one could tell I had been sick.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't love this pen... I want to so badly though! I bought it after hearing rave reviews from YouTube guru Missglamorazzi...she has never recommended a product I didn't like (and I just adore her!). I got it in the pinkish shade, radiance, as I already have YSL Touche Eclat, Dior's skinflash, and Chanel's Eclat Lumiere in flesh tone colors for concealing. This pen from Maybelline just doesn't suit me at all...and it's not totally the product's fault...I'm finding that most highlighters in this color show up very artificial looking on my skin. The product is very blendable though and I do like using it on my Cupid's bow. My biggest issue is that this particular highlighting pen's formula definitely sinks into fine lines around my eyes no matter how much I go back and blend. I do, however, like the packaging better than Dior's, YSL's, and Chanel's versions of these pens. The Maybelline version may not be encased in heavy metal or expensive lacquer, but I LOVE that I can see how much product is left in the pen. All the high end versions seem to find joy in making us guess how much we have left! LOL! I may try it in the other shades before in totally give up on it...but for now, I'm gonna have to say thumbs down :-/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by stellamybrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm usually a user of the L'oreal Magic Lumi concealer and went to the store to buy my third one. However, they were sold out, so I decided to buy the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch. The L'oreal and Maybelline concealers might look quite the same, but the formula of the products are very different. The L'oreal one is absolutely more light-weight; it doesn't really cover dark bags or blemishes, it only reflects lights and brightens up - therefore it probably works best as a highlighter or for persons that don't have very dark under eye areas, but just want to brighten up the area. The Maybelline one covers and brightens up at the same time, and is therefore more of a concealer than the L'oreal one. However, since it is thicker and covers better, it might also have a bigger tendency to crease and cake up, so be careful with this!

When it comes to packaging, L'oreal Magic Lumi is more beautiful and looks more exclusive. The price different in Sweden isn't that big, the L'oreal one is about 1 dollar more.

The Maybelline one does not contain any visible shimmer or glitter, but the L'oreal one actually does.

Personally, I will continue to buy the Maybelline one, because I have very dark under eye areas, and this covers AND brightens up. However, if you just want to brighten up, and don't suffer from dark areas, the L'oreal one will work great. Just don't cover any blemishes with it, because it tends to emphasize them even more, not cover them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am truly wowed by this product! I use it exclusively for my under eyes and it has quickly replaced my Rimmel Match Perfection. I have the shade "radiant" which looks very pink but blends out to a beautiful bright light color. The consistency is quite thicker than I had expected and I love that I can dab this on and do not need anything on top. It does not crease on me and does exactly what I want it to: conceals and brightens without looking shimmery. Truly a great DS find!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by mcmurphy31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this product and while I liked it right after I put it on in the morning, by the time I got to work it was already creasing under my eyes. I wanted to try this as opposed to dishing out $40 for the YSL touche eclat but I'm tempted again to go out and try it. My skin gets pretty dry under my eyes in the winter so that could definitely be a contributing factor. Not sure if I should use an eye cream underneath or something else to help prevent the creasing, but it didn't work for me and I'm still hoping I will find a way for it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think of this as a highlighter that i put on top of my concealer( theBalm). I actually quite like it and for $6 i would defo buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer !! I think its 2 in 1 it brightens the eye area and it also conceals ,it doesn't crease into my eyes and it covers my dark circles very well , i just wish they had more yellow under tones,most of the shades have pink under tones, the only one that has the yellow undertone is Ivory and i chose that shade ,its really light so i don't use it alone i use Garnier tinted roller eye concealer which has a light coverage and it matches my skin , love how both work so well for my undereyes ,i recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I purchased my second one just recently as it has worked pretty well for me. I use this as my under eye concealer and it brightens and conceals my dark circles nicely. It has medium coverage and is easily blendable with it's thin consistency. My only complaint is that shades tend to run a little light and you don't get very much product for your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a fan of this product. Didn't do anything for my dark circles, found it hard to blend and I don't like the packaging. I"ll stick to Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

This is a fantastic product. I've never been happier with a concealer. I got this in Ivory as opposed to Radiant, which I got last time. Radiant seems more pink to me and the Ivory one has a tiny bit of a yellow tone, which is fantastic for my dark circles. The claims are very modest so I didn't have high hopes. It really just claims to illuminate and conceal. It does say for blemishes and under eye area, but I personally would not use this for blemishes because I usually find I like a thicker concealer for spot coverage and a more creamy one for under the eyes. Best thing about this is it does not crease or look cakey, it really just blends right in and makes it look like you slept last night. Absolutely wonderful. Some people will not like the brush applicator by principle but for me it is fine, and I'm sure if you weren't comfortable swiping it directly on your face you could easily just use clean fingers. It's really worth a try anyway. If you want a light-feeling, gel-like concealer to brighten up your dark circles, there's no reason not to love this.