September 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Peach Parfait and as much as I would've liked it, the packaging really disappointed me to the fact I threw it out. The color was quite nice however, twisting up the lipstick and twisting it back down did not turn out to be normal. The lipstick itself was turning and ended up being the lipstick was the opposite direction of the packaging and kept on rotating on its own! I'm not sure what happened but my experience isn't the only one that has had it happened to. The lipstick eventually became slanted that when twisting it back down, the whole thing smudged against itself and made a mess, so I threw it out. Besides the horrible packaging, the color pay off was decent. It's not hugely pigmented but gives a soft peachy red color. I probably won't buy this again as other lipsticks have been coming up and I've been quite liking LeBalm tinted lip stick from L'Oreal as the packaging is sturdy and gives slight color, which I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this one because I saw the ad in a beauty magazine and saw a blonde actress wearing it (I can't recall who it was) We had the same colourings so I assumed the color would look as pretty on me as it was on her...

The color was very sub-par and didn't look like I was wearing much more than a sticky gold glitter gloss. The colour didn't show at all.

Next was the texture--- It was very grainy and sticky. Not smooth and buttery like the other lip butters. I know this must be the shimmer.

I definitely wouldn't buy this colour again. Go with strawberry shortcake as a better substitute.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Since I don't own anything in my lipcolor arsenal remotely resembling peach, I though this was a good place for me to begin. And since I already owned one Lip Butter and loved the formula, it was an easy choice to pick this one up, especially since it looked so gorgeous in the tube. On me, this is anything but peach. It looks exactly as pictured in the arm swatch photo above, an extremely shimmery pink, and while it is not horrible, I don't like the way this looks on me.
I do feel said shimmer slightly on the lips, but it doesn't bother me that much. What does irk me is that if there is even a hint of dryness on my lips, it will be enhanced tenfold with this color. So overall, I'm having a difficult time warming to this. It is being retired until Spring in my makeup drawer. I'll be sticking with Pink Truffle.
Edit: I'm trying to wear this more, but it is just not working. If anything, it has been looking more patchy and dry, and the glitter has even started to irritate my lips. Ugh, sorry to say this turned out to be a massive fail on all counts.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Lame901

Beautiful neutral pink with soft gloss finish. Wouldn't buy again, formula is very gritty on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I sort of went overboad with these lip butters and bought more than I will ever wear...that said, the peach parfait is my favorite of the bunch. Its a warmer, more natural shade than the pink lip butters and just looks like my naural lip color dialed up a notch or two when on. I don't like glitter, but for some reason I don't mind the glitter in this or find it to look really glittery when on my lips. Maybe because I don't use a lot of product or because my lips are not chapped? Not sure, but on my lips the glitter is not very noticable and I just have a nice warm natural shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MrSimonMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely don't understand why some people hate on this product . it's like my favourite tinted lipbalm , there's one thing I don't like though, there's a little too much shimmer if your lips aren't moisturized well. But i'd asbolutely buy this again , since I got this on a bogo for 3.99 xo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

MLBB. Shimmer is not a problem if you have smooth lips (unlike me HAHA). I don't find the shimmer to be particularly gaudy though, just a bit uncomfortable. The swivel part is a fail with all the lip butters (can't go back down without a push), not just this one. Not bad, but leaves something to be desired.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Out of all the Revlon Lip Butters, this is the one I gravitated towards as everything else seemed too in your face bright or cool toned. I absolutely love the cute packaging and the idea of these but unfortunately the shade and texture of this just did not work for me. I don't mind a bit of frostiness but this has straight forward glitter in it. Wish there were a few more warm tones in this line as alot of the "wearable" shades are way too cool for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by charlagold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These lip butters are great...as someone with dry lips I usually had to put on chapstick before putting on gloss or lipstick, but with this 2-in-1 functionality it makes it heaps easier.
This colour's really pretty, good for summer or winter and goes with pale skin or a tan i find! The only problem I'd say is that it's a little bit overpriced for what it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Amolly

Ugh, I literally have a love-hate relationship with this. I guess I fell into the trap of over rated youtube trends.

The formulation is rather sticky, It certainly feels sticky and heavy on my lips. The thing that bothers me the most is that there is so much shimmer in this. As a lip butter, they don't tend to last as long as lipstick, so you would have to reapply after a few hours, but the glitter doesn't come off, so after my second touch up, the shimmer over powers the lovely nuded peach colour. And it just looks like I dusted some gold glitter over my lips.

Afraid this is a miss for me. Would be great without the shimmer, such a shame Revlon.