April 20, 2014 | 1349 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I'm amazed at how great this worked! I've used Wen for years, so I was aware of how many pumps I needed and how to apply. I have very thick, shoulder-length hair. I wet my hair well, and use six pumps to put just at the roots. I massage it in well, then add more water to dilute it a little, but not rinse out yet. Then I use about eight more pumps for the remainder of my hair. I leave it in for a few minutes, and rinse well like I would with a regular conditioner. The trick is to really scrub well to make sure it's all out. I don't add more as a leave-in. It really gave me perfect hair! Super-shiny and it really controlled frizz well. At about $5 it sure beats $25 for Wen.

ETA: I had to change my review of this. After a few weeks (using it correctly) my hair looked awful, dry and gnarly on the ends. Not sure WHAT it did, but after a while it looked so fried. I had to use clarifying shampoo and deep condition for a week to bring it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK product. It gets my hair clean and fairly moisturized, with okay body. But it's hard to know how much to use or how long to rinse. One time I used a lot and rinsed so long (after hearing about people with bad residue) that I think I actually p*ssed off my hair -- it ended up roughed up and frizzy. Another time I didn't use as much, and rinsed well but not as much, and my hair turned out okay but the results were nothing great. It doesn't deliver anything special in terms of smoothness, moisture, shine or sheen. I prefer Devacare No-poo, which is a similar (though admittedly more expensive) type of product (a non-lathering lotion hair cleanser). Devacare No-poo doesn't claim to be a conditioner, but it leaves my hair feeling better nonetheless. I follow that with a conditioner on the ends. I should say, I think the Nourishing Conditioner in the Evercreme line is very good for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the results of the product: smooth and shiny hair, however there are some things I could live without. The smell is extremely strong and sometimes lasts a day or two after washing. Although I know some users really like the scent, it is just too much for me. I really like wearing perfume, but I feel like it would just clash with anything else I could wear. Another major problem I had was with the packaging itself. The pump was poorly designed and it takes a good six or seven pumps before I had enough product to even use on my scalp. While this is not the most challenging thing, it does get annoying when washing hair that goes past the bsl. Aside from those things, I do think this was a good purchase for the price, I just don't plan on buying it again because of the smell. As a word of caution, be sure to rise your hair really well! A few times I didn't get all of the conditioner out and my hair was horribly greasy and almost matted. Needless to say, I wouldn't suggest this to anyone planning on using a little extra as a leave-in conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never used a cleansing conditioner before, but have been curious about them. Since this is available at most retailers, and seemed to be a fair price, I decided to give it a try. My hair is mid length (a couple inches below my shoulders), fine, but lots of it, and colour-treated (both low-lites and hi-lites). It can be oily at the scalp and dry at the ends, due to the colour, and heat styling. It tangles like crazy when I wash it, and I lose a fair bit in the shower and while combing it out when wet. So, I am trying to not wash it every day.
It took some a couple of tries to get this one right, but I am loving it! I get my hair really wet, and massage my scalp while wetting. Then I massage in a few pumps at a time. I do 3 pumps for the top, 3 for the sides, and another 3 for the back. Lastly I do 1-2 more pumps to work through the length. I massage it all in really well, and pile my hair on top of my head. Then I get on with my shower - let it sit for 1-3 minutes. Then I add some water and massage again. Then I rinse it VERY well. When I think it's rinsed out, I turn the water to a cooler temp and rinse some more. My hair combs out fairly easily. I still have the same amount of hair in the drain and comb, so unfortunately no improvement there (thus one lippy off), but it's super soft, and full of body. My ends don't look as dry, my hair is shiny and bouncy. And it's not weighed down at all.
I have always used a spray-in conditioner/detangler, and I still do with this (although I have skipped it on occasion, and my hair still felt soft), but I use half of the amount I used to. I put a tiny bit of India Oil (Ikon) on my ends only, as its very humid here, and the oil helps with that, and blow dry.
I am not flat ironing my hair these days, in an attempt to minimize damage, and even in our crazy humidity, my hair is looking pretty good at the end of the day.
And I can easily go 2 days - I am cleansing my hair every other day with this, and my hair never looks or feels greasy.
I have had compliments on how full and shiny my hair looks.
The only negatives are- (a) the pump is awkward, although I think if it was a regular bottle or squeeze tube I'd use too much, (b) the smell is crazy strong. I don't mind it, but would prefer it much more subtle. At least I don't smell it (much) after its dry. And, (c) it's not really helping (yet anyway) with hair loss and breakage. We will see....
Overall I like it. We'll see what my stylist has to say about my hair when I go in next.... As long as I'm still enjoying these results when the bottle runs out, I will definitely repurchase. I will update if my feelings change.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have a very sensitive and dry scalp and very dry coarse hair that can't handle harsh sulfates. I don't use any products that contain silicone anymore (I use LUSH's R&B instead) and this is perfect seeing as I recently colored my hair. I have quite long hair that needs only 6 more inches of growth to touch my tailbone. I only use this product on my scalp and I use a water rinse and then a squirt of conditioner for the ends and then my R&B after. I'm a little surprised at the person who said they need 20 pumps of this stuff to feel clean. I guess everyone has different hair needs but I'd be damned to spend 8 bucks on a bottle of this and use 20 pumps! This stuff is great but the smell was a little bit hard to handle at first because it's very strong. To me it smells like Bath and Body Work's Twilight Woods and I LOVE it! I definitely love this stuff and will most likely buy this for a very long time but I want to try their nourishing shampoo for a deeper cleaning (like if I swim in the lake and get sort of mucky) I love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I upped the lippies and revamped my review of this product after figuring out how to get the best results. Initially I used a second conditioning rinse to detangle because it wasn't moisturizing enough and it made my hair limp and feeling gross by the end of the day. I've used it since and have gotten much better results For barely to the shoulders, medium fine hair like mine you need about 20 FULL pumps to start with on soaked hair. Work that in really well until it becomes kind of frothy then add a few pumps more to where you need it. I usually end up using 25+ pumps. To start It ends up looking like the usual amount of conditioner I would normally use when in my hand. The pump dispenses such a minuscule amount of product it's ridiculous. You have to really massage this stuff into the hair and scalp well until it gets that frothy consistency for it to do it's job and rinse cleanly. Don't ask me why. Then I throw a shower cap over it to let it sit while I carry on with my shower then rinse it all out after with cool water really well. When I use a decent leave in & some silk drops instead of a second conditioner in the shower my hair comes out great and frizz free with this stuff and even passable the next day as well. It's pretty obvious by the other reviews that the pump on this just couldn't be worse it dispenses half way after the first pump unless you wait or pull it up. They should just put it in a squeeze tube like their other products. The amount you get is pretty stingy for the price for a drug store brand. I think you get a better deal with the Hair One brand available at Sallys but I like that there is no menthol in this that both Wen and the Hair One products contain that irritate my scalp and make me shed like crazy. This requires a shampoo about once a week or so to prevent build up without any stripping. I found that a clear SLS free no frills kind from C systems worked just fine. Initially I wasn't using enough or working it in enough so that it foamed up a little. I'm using that term loosely but it really makes a difference. It really doesn't take any more time than shampooing and conditioning. It would take less if the pump didn't suck. and it's a lot less damaging especially if you color and blow dry. After 2 uses I really began to notice how much better my hair behaved and looked.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Def a HG for me esp on days im in a rush i use this in my rotation. It makes my hair so soft shiny tangle free and i like the vanilla smell. U have to get the amount of pumps right to like this which is trial and error...different for every wash for me depending if its a good or bad hair day. I first pump and apply along edges and part of hair and massage. Next pump more and apply it as u would conditioner to bottom of hair. Next squirt ur hair with water to lather it up and massage entire head. Leave on while washing shaving etc for five minutes. Rinse very WELL...i cant stress that enough or ur hair will be greasy. I dont reccomend using this every wash cuz of buildup but in a rotation of your regular poos clarifying and this. I love it. My hair is sooo soft and shiny. I go two to three days without washing. I hav long fine but a lot of it blond wavy hair that breaks in the summer from outdoor activities so this is perfect cuz it leaves me tangle FREE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have fine, straight hair and oily skin or scalp, I would not recommend you use this product. Here's my story/review:

I was not looking for a cheaper version of Wen, but the idea of a cleansing conditioner interested me (spend less time in the shower, spend less money buying both shampoo and conditioner, and take up less space in my shower caddy). Plus, I was looking for a no-sulfate shampoo, and this has no sulfates. I thought it was too good to be true... and I was right. I was very pleased the first few times I used it because it got the tangles out of my long hair, and I could very easily comb it after I got out of the shower. I wash my hair every night, and would use this every other night. However, even using it every other night made my hair very greasy after about 3 weeks. I also noticed that I was breaking out alot along my jawline and cheeks, and I finally figured out why: the greasiness of my hair (both when wet and dry) was getting all over my pillow at night, and I like to sleep on my side with my cheek against the pillow (and I wash my pillow case at least once a week). I have acne-prone skin, so I can't afford to do or use anything that is going to cause me to break-out. So I stopped using this cleansing conditioner, and after about a week, I wasn't getting new breakouts and the ones that had formed were going away (with the help of some powerful acne meds). I really wanted to like this cleansing conditioner, but I just couldn't. I'm keeping it, though, just for times when I need to take a quick shower.

The bottle: slender, saves space in the shower. The pump is nice, but it only pumps out a little at the time, so it takes like 5 pumps to get enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Maybe i don't know how to use this..I haven't tried Wen yet, so I can't compare it and don't know yet if this kind of product is for me. I did find it hard to rinse out and kind of gummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product other than the pump. I work out often, and because of that I don't like to skip washing my hair (I have a lot of fine wavy hair with an oily scalp, for reference). I use this several times a week instead of normal shampoo and conditioner, and it really makes my hair look and feel great. I prefer it to regular co-washing because I can actually blow dry my bangs after using this without them looking like a greasy mess. I have and will continue to repurchase.