December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this, a lot. I, too, have been curious about the whole ‘cleansing conditioner’ concept for a while. I have wavy-curly hair that frizzes easily and lacks definition. I wash my hair frequently (every day, sometimes 2x day if I’m particularly sweaty after a run/workout), so anything that helps me streamline my routine and minimize dryness/frizz is a plus in my book. I got this on sale at CVS for about $5. I agree with the other reviewers that the pump mechanism is not the greatest, because it dispenses such a small amount of product at time. I do like that the pump ‘locks’ so I can toss it in my gym bag or travel bag. I use about 10 pumps for my just-above-shoulder-length hair. It does have a strong vanilla-scent (which I love, though I can easily see how others might not). I make sure my hair is soaking wet, and then work the product into my roots, then comb it through to the ends. It does not foam or lather. It instantly detangles, though my hair is neither long nor particularly tangle-prone. I leave it on for the duration of my shower, and then spend a good minute rinsing thoroughly. It does seem to leave a bit of a ‘film’ on my hair, as I would expect a conditioning product to do. It does not make my hair look or feel heavy or greasy. I follow my usual styling routine, and I find it leaves my hair with soft volume and defined curls. As another reviewer noted, I find I can get away with using fewer styling products (and in smaller amounts). I don’t use this every day, just because I like a good old-fashioned shampoo to get my hair feeling really ‘clean” ( I am sure its just psychological though…). I use this 3-5 times per week, and the bottle I bought back in July still has plenty of product left. (My 10-year-old daughter uses it, too). I think this is a good value for a quality product, that works well for my hair type. I’ve already repurchased so I have multiple bottles on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mylynn1377

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been wanting to get into the cleansing conditioner scene and since I just dyed my hair a brillant ruby red I thought that this was a great idea to gently wash my hair. While my hair is fine, and oily, and I've had problems with dermatitis in the past, I normally wash every other day. I'm trying to wash maybe a bit less with the new hair, but I find with this shampoo I have to wash it every other day because the way my hair feels drives me nuts. It feels gummy no matter what I do. I tried using more, using less, rinsing a lot, rinsing not as much, rinsing in warm water, cool water, cold water..you name it. I truly cannot stand to touch my own hair after using this shampoo on it. I really believe that my type of hair just doesn't lend itself well to this shampoo. My nephew has really course and very naturally curly hair and he uses it and it's fine. Gives him spring in his curls and cuts way down on frizz. I just don't think that it works for me and I hate that I can't stand to touch my own hair. Sorry but for this hair type I don't really recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this product. I have never used Wen due to outrageous price but have tried several other brands of cleansing conditioners and thought them all truly awful. My hair is very long, very curly and while its fine in texture, I have a lot of it. This stuff really works well for my hair. I do need to use quite a lot but for about $5 a bottle, I can live with that! I used to have some scalp flakes and sensitivity that I no longer have and this cleans without stripping and it makes my curls more formed and very bouncy (volume I guess?). The best part is that before this product I used about 6 products on a daily basis and now I only use this product and their Ever line curl mousse and my hair has never looked better. I would give this product 5 stars except for the pump not really giving out enough product and for the smell being extremely strong. I like the scent so its not an issue for me but may be for others. I recommend smelling it first to make sure you are okay with the scent. I hope L'Oreal makes more of these in different formulations with different scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I am truly impressed with this product. As an avid pureology lover, I am extremely picky with drugstore hair products as they tend to dry out my hair. I picked this up out of curiosity; I'd heard good things and I knew it was better for your hair than regular shampoo. I wash my hair every day (bad, I know) so I will be alternating this with my pureology to cut down on some of the damage daily washing does. It's super cheap, smells amazing, and really did clean and moisturize my hair. Trust me, it's a good one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jennyrose9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not prepared to like this product and expected to return it. Instead I'm on my second bottle. I wash my hair everyday because I exercise in the morning and my roots tend to get oily even if I don't sweat. This makes my hair look and smell good. I probably use a traditional shampoo and conditioner about twice a week and otherwise use this. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by monkiram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I was a little bit skeptical that this was a "conditioner" and figured it was just another shampoo with a fancy label but it was actually very moisturising. In fact, I thought it was more moisturising than the regular EverCreme conditioner, but I only used that once and don't really remember... My hair feels so soft after using it, which no shampoo has ever done for me, including a variety of sulfate-free ones, I would highly recommend it. I still follow it with another conditioner because my hair is extra-dry, but really for most people they probably wouldn't need it.
I just scrub some into my scalp, and then brush it through to the ends so that they get some cleansing as well and rinse. I have no issues with scalp itchiness at all, if anything I have less than before. I used to have dandruff that went away a couple of years ago and this has not made it come back, fortunately. My sister didn't like it because it doesn't really lather, but once you get over the (unnecessary) attachment to suds, this is a wonderful shampoo substitute. It has definitely replaced my shampoo.
Oh and I kind of like the design of the bottle, it's true that it doesn't dispense much so you have to pump it more than most pumps, but it's pretty sleek-looking lol and I'm a sucker for that.

* if you have oily hair, this probably would not be the best product for you, although if you use it regularly, you'd probably notice that your scalp oil production would decrease over time

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I'm amazed at how great this worked! I've used Wen for years, so I was aware of how many pumps I needed and how to apply. I have very thick, shoulder-length hair. I wet my hair well, and use six pumps to put just at the roots. I massage it in well, then add more water to dilute it a little, but not rinse out yet. Then I use about eight more pumps for the remainder of my hair. I leave it in for a few minutes, and rinse well like I would with a regular conditioner. The trick is to really scrub well to make sure it's all out. I don't add more as a leave-in. It really gave me perfect hair! Super-shiny and it really controlled frizz well. At about $5 it sure beats $25 for Wen.

ETA: I had to change my review of this. After a few weeks (using it correctly) my hair looked awful, dry and gnarly on the ends. Not sure WHAT it did, but after a while it looked so fried. I had to use clarifying shampoo and deep condition for a week to bring it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK product. It gets my hair clean and fairly moisturized, with okay body. But it's hard to know how much to use or how long to rinse. One time I used a lot and rinsed so long (after hearing about people with bad residue) that I think I actually p*ssed off my hair -- it ended up roughed up and frizzy. Another time I didn't use as much, and rinsed well but not as much, and my hair turned out okay but the results were nothing great. It doesn't deliver anything special in terms of smoothness, moisture, shine or sheen. I prefer Devacare No-poo, which is a similar (though admittedly more expensive) type of product (a non-lathering lotion hair cleanser). Devacare No-poo doesn't claim to be a conditioner, but it leaves my hair feeling better nonetheless. I follow that with a conditioner on the ends. I should say, I think the Nourishing Conditioner in the Evercreme line is very good for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the results of the product: smooth and shiny hair, however there are some things I could live without. The smell is extremely strong and sometimes lasts a day or two after washing. Although I know some users really like the scent, it is just too much for me. I really like wearing perfume, but I feel like it would just clash with anything else I could wear. Another major problem I had was with the packaging itself. The pump was poorly designed and it takes a good six or seven pumps before I had enough product to even use on my scalp. While this is not the most challenging thing, it does get annoying when washing hair that goes past the bsl. Aside from those things, I do think this was a good purchase for the price, I just don't plan on buying it again because of the smell. As a word of caution, be sure to rise your hair really well! A few times I didn't get all of the conditioner out and my hair was horribly greasy and almost matted. Needless to say, I wouldn't suggest this to anyone planning on using a little extra as a leave-in conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never used a cleansing conditioner before, but have been curious about them. Since this is available at most retailers, and seemed to be a fair price, I decided to give it a try. My hair is mid length (a couple inches below my shoulders), fine, but lots of it, and colour-treated (both low-lites and hi-lites). It can be oily at the scalp and dry at the ends, due to the colour, and heat styling. It tangles like crazy when I wash it, and I lose a fair bit in the shower and while combing it out when wet. So, I am trying to not wash it every day.
It took some a couple of tries to get this one right, but I am loving it! I get my hair really wet, and massage my scalp while wetting. Then I massage in a few pumps at a time. I do 3 pumps for the top, 3 for the sides, and another 3 for the back. Lastly I do 1-2 more pumps to work through the length. I massage it all in really well, and pile my hair on top of my head. Then I get on with my shower - let it sit for 1-3 minutes. Then I add some water and massage again. Then I rinse it VERY well. When I think it's rinsed out, I turn the water to a cooler temp and rinse some more. My hair combs out fairly easily. I still have the same amount of hair in the drain and comb, so unfortunately no improvement there (thus one lippy off), but it's super soft, and full of body. My ends don't look as dry, my hair is shiny and bouncy. And it's not weighed down at all.
I have always used a spray-in conditioner/detangler, and I still do with this (although I have skipped it on occasion, and my hair still felt soft), but I use half of the amount I used to. I put a tiny bit of India Oil (Ikon) on my ends only, as its very humid here, and the oil helps with that, and blow dry.
I am not flat ironing my hair these days, in an attempt to minimize damage, and even in our crazy humidity, my hair is looking pretty good at the end of the day.
And I can easily go 2 days - I am cleansing my hair every other day with this, and my hair never looks or feels greasy.
I have had compliments on how full and shiny my hair looks.
The only negatives are- (a) the pump is awkward, although I think if it was a regular bottle or squeeze tube I'd use too much, (b) the smell is crazy strong. I don't mind it, but would prefer it much more subtle. At least I don't smell it (much) after its dry. And, (c) it's not really helping (yet anyway) with hair loss and breakage. We will see....
Overall I like it. We'll see what my stylist has to say about my hair when I go in next.... As long as I'm still enjoying these results when the bottle runs out, I will definitely repurchase. I will update if my feelings change.