April 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by aldehyde

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you like hard working, multi-tasking, dirt cheap beauty products then you need this. I like several colors in this collection, but Tough as Taupe is the most versatile for me. I am NW20, brunette. I can use this as an eyelid primer, or a shadow if I don't want to look too done or I'm in a hurry. I can use this one my eyebrows!! My once black thick eyebrows need filling in, and no matter how much makeup artists tell me to use brown, sable etc, those colors look too warm. This looks very natural, but not harsh like a black pencil would. I also use this as an eyeliner for a very natural, no makeup look. So yay! All I need is mascara and my eyes are done! I love this stuff. It's under $5 at Walmart. I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but just noting how inexpensive it is. This is also the only matte color in the collection as far as I know. I'm getting back-up, and back-up to back up the back-up.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using this as a base for my smokey eyes!! Whether its using gray, purple or even black eyeshadows, I love it with smoky eyes! Color is a matte medium grayish/taupe. I use my fingers to apply and then blend out with a fluffy brush. For daytime, I love wearing satin taupe over this. Gorgeous! Def would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interesting product/color. I only have the one, bought it to use mostly as a primer...was hoping to find the LE Barely Beige, but the only place I have seen it is ebay for $20 (no thanks!)

I thought the taupe would be lighter, and was initially disappointed when I swatched it on my hand....but after actually trying it on my eyes, I love it. It's a nice color - not warm, sort of like a cool, deep mushroom. I use my fingertip and it goes on the eyelids nice and even. I use my ring finger to dab a bit along my lower lashes, add mascara, and I am good to go. Nice matte finish, but not too overdone.

It looks great alone, but another option is to put shadow over it. Probably not every color will work, but it does add more depth to whatever you put on top. For example, Bare Minerals in "Bahama", a sheer pink shimmer, looks light pink on bare skin or nude primer - but over this tuape cream, it's a deeper, more dramatic taupey lavender shade. I have yet to experiment with many shades on top, but so far it's worked well with most of the colors I wear.

Lasts all day on me, no irritation...I can't wait to try using it as a brow filler as someone else posted. I just wish Maybelline made it in more matte neutral shades.

If anyone knows where I can find Barely Beige at a reasonable price, please let me know!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Aliciaschulz26

This was my first color tattoo I got, I have three. I like all but one. I use this as a base for any brown/neutral eye looks. It's also greattttt for eye liner on the lower lash line. Actually they all are!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

This product is amazing for filling in and shaping eyebrows. Sounds a bit strange, but when I apply this onto my brows it turns into the most gorgeous light Taupe color, and I have tried countless of brow powders and pencils that wouldn't suit my platinum hair, and this one did. The key to make sure is that you apply this with a light hand. I use my MAC 212 Brush to create the perfect brow, and I'm always satisfied with the colour, as well as the amazing lasting power. I set this with MAC's Omega eyeshadow, or the lightest brow powder in my NYX Eyebrow Cake Blonde quad. I am so glad I tried this for my brows, its my Holy Grail and I hope they never discontinue the Color Tattoos, because they are just lovely :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first CT, and the one I still find lasts the longest. A great neutral color to sweep all over. However, it is just a little too cool for me....I look better with a warmer eyecolor...but I wish those would stay on as well as this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty impressed. The color is more gray than brown, but I like the way it looks over my brown eyes. A little goes a long way, and it blends very easily

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am CRAZY about this product. I, more and more, find myself reaching for this on a daily basis. I'm very pale (like NC15ish) and this is a great color on me... It's a grayish purple taupe rather than a beige. It looks great by itself or as a base for another color and has excellent staying power. I work 7-10 hours every day and this lasts through it all without touch-ups. I can use fingers in a pinch although I get the most flawless finish with a flat shader brush. I also love what a great value this product is-- you get a large amount of product in a little glass pot and it just feels expensive. Although I have had good luck across the board with the Color Tattoos, this is my favorite one and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by lessisabore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hope I'm putting this review in the right place; in the UK the product is called 40-Permanent Taupe. As it's matte like the other reviewers have mentioned I've assumed it's the same product.

Love this. I normally don't wear eyeshadow as I find it just moves to my eye creases and wears off unevenly. Primer seems like too much faff.

But this is great; it stays were you put it and the colour is perfect for adding some shadow and looking pulled together, quickly, without the sparkle and effort of too much makeup. In the very squat glass jar there is a bit of sparkle on the surface, but it isn't noticeable once on the eyes.

Hope that they consider doing more tones in a matte-ish finish, as the other colours in the range presently are fun but quite blingy-bright & not really everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How funny, I didn't even know this was an eye shadow. I use it as an eyeliner only. Lasts great and I love the colorónot too brown, not too purple.