November 29, 2014 | 1682 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette on a whim, after seeing some gorgeous looks done with it.
Unfortunately for me, my coloring does not work with this palette (see above). My eyes look tired when I use it. I wish I had returned it, but I threw out the box like an idiot before I even used it. Not too smart!
I'm hoping I'll find a way to mix these colors with some others that are more complimentary to my eye color & skin tone, but until then, it's just sitting in my bathroom reminding me of how much money I wasted on it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Marney1803

I love this palette! As with most Urban Decay products, the packaging is very well executed and doesn't feel flimsy or cheap. I can vouch for it protecting your shadows if you drop them from a fairly low distance, on carpet but haven't dropped mine otherwise and although I'm sure they'd remain unbroken, I'm not willing to test for the price of the product! Inside there's a large mirror spanning the entire length of the palette. It also contains 12 rather beautiful eyeshadows and a double ended brush, which may I just say is super quality! The shadows within this palette are Foxy, a matte cream colour which is probably the least pigmented in the palette, didn't put their strongest foot first with this shade, it's stil pretty nice though. Second is Half Baked, a gorgeous warm gold colour with amazing pigmentation, as are the next ten shades too! Next is Bootycall, a gorgeous champagne shimmery cream which is a lovely highlighter. Chopper is the fourth shade, a gorgeous warm coppery gold colour. Tease is next and probably my most used shade in the palette, I use it as a simple, swipe it over the lid and go colour and for my brows. I also like to bend the darker browns into it. Snakebite is sixth and is one of my favourites, a gorgeous medium brown with very fine sparkle in, not glitter, just a hint of sparkle. Then is Suspect, a colour which I'd class as gold but it is kind of brown too! It's not a warm gold at all, it's more cool toned and almost an antique gold. Pistol is a dark shimmery gunmetal colour. Then is verve which is a very pretty colour, It kind of switches from straight-up silver to gold/silver. Then is probably another joint favourite (with Snakebite and Busted) YDK It's a light brown with almost a copper tone running through it. Second to last it Busted which is a cool toned shimmery dark brown and is such a lovely crease colour. Last but not least is Blackout which is a matte black you can use on top of black liner to increase longevity or blend into the crease for a dark smoky eye. This palette came with a little mini lipgloss which is very sheer but with a bit of sparkle, it's a tingly minty lipgloss so if you don't like that this might not float your boat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! This palette and my Lorac "Unzipped" Palette are my absolute favorites! This one is very similar to the original Naked palette, so there is no need to buy both unless you're a complete makeup junkie like myself! haha. The shadows are so buttery and creamy. Besides the Lorac palette that I own, I've never owned such beautiful, pigmented eyeshadows!

My Latest Look!

- Apply Eyeshadow Primer to your lids and up to your brows.
(I used Fergie's Wet n' Wild "Take on the Day" Eyeshadow Primer)

- Mix "Foxy" and "Bootycall" from the NAKED2 Palette and apply to your lid.

- Mix "Half Baked" and "Chopper" from the NAKED2 Palette and apply to your lid.

- Take tease on a crease brush (The fluffy side of the NAKED2 Brush will do) and lightly apply that to your crease. (Try not to use too much!)

- Apply "Snakebite" to your outercorner
(Also known as the "Outer V" shape of your eye)

- Using a smudge or a crown brush, apply "Busted" to your outer V overtop of "Snakebite"

THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL:

I've recently been applying a tiny bit of "Blackout" into my outcorner or outer V to make the look a bit more smokey.

Complete this look!

- Maybelline Mega-Plush Mascara
- Maybelline Rocket Mascara
- Milani Liquid Eye-Liquid Like Retractable Eyeliner in Black
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture (Sensitive Skin)
- E.L.F. Tone Correcting Powder
- Wet n' Wild Coverall Powder
- NYX Concealer in "Glow"
- Covergirl CLEAN Pressed Powder (Oil Control)
- EOS Lip Balm
- Any sheer red lipstick (I use NYC in "Ruby")
- NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in "Cosmo"

Hopefully this look helped someone out! Sorry that it was so long, just felt a look would be appropriate to post for this palette!

Give it a thumbs up below if this review helped you! Message me if you tried this look or any part of this look! I would love to know what you think!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. I'm NW20, and I thought this might be better for me than 1, although either would work for most anyone. Like others have already said, it is spendy, but really a great value.
I like the packaging. It just feels so sturdy. I could see how others might like the 1st better.
All and all, these are beautiful, and there is something for everyone, in my opinion. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by cookiesandcream231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great range of colours, I use it almost every day
Definitely worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Naked was one of my favorite palettes and then this lovely showed up. The colors in Naked 2 are cooler but they do look great. My only complaint is that they repeated Half-baked in this palette. It is a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by ActNaturally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this palate. Although it is pricey the colours are beautiful and go on lovely over the top of the urban decay primer potion. I rarely have to use other eyeshadows as I can incorporate these colours into most of my outfits and they colours go beautifully together when creating any smoky eye look. The brush that comes with it is a lifesaver too

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Kept hearing how buttery smooth these palletes are, so I chose #2. They are smooth but they are too frosty for me with alot of fallout on application. Colors were just a touch too light for me as well. I returned, and don't feel I am missing out on anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful palette with fantastic colours

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Twelve shades of eyeshadow with some matte, metallic and shimmery. The brush is ok but not brill for blending, expected something a bit better but I bought this palette for the eyeshadows not the brush. The colours are very pigmented and a little goes a long way, truly think this will last for a long time. Did think about buying about this for ages but was not sure about whether to buy naked one or two and worried about the lack of matte shades. Asked on here and everyone said palette two so checked out the counter in my local debenhams and the girl had the most beautiful eye make up on which was from naked two and she had the same colouring as me. Well have used it everyday since purchasing for a variety of everyday looks and am so pleased. Will absolutely repurchase this. Adore tease as a crease colour, foxy and bootycall as highlights and busted for a more intense crease colour. Have used most shades except chopper which is a tad too glittery and some chunks fell into my eye first time I used it and blackout is a bit much for me but may try as an eyeliner. Think this was a great purchase, worth the money and will get well used. The palette is quite big so not great for carrying about but love it so much that I do.

19/12/13 been used everyday for work and for heavier eye make up look at the weekends. Have received several nice remarks about my eye make up. Have ventured out of my comfort zone and used all the colours in this palette, even blackout to deepen my crease colour. The colours are shimmery but paired up with mattes they can give a natural look. Lots of different combinations with this palette and am really enjoying using it. Put eye make up on first then foundation as there can be a wee bit of fallout from some of the shadows. Chopper needs a careful hand. Tease, foxy and snakebite are definitely going to be the first to wear out for me. Have checked out naked three in stores but could not swatch only look- no sample tins given to counters and it looked very very pink- the shades which would give me bunny rabbit eyes but think naked two a more useful/workable palette.