July 22, 2014 | 1167 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kylann17

I don't know what I could say about this product that hasn't already been said, but I waited a year to write this review and I still need to say it.

I am a fair skinned blue eyed blonde and I use this palette almost daily. It has every shade you could possibly need to create day and night looks. I even use Tease to fill my eyebrows. The colors last and have great pigment. The brush is great, and I NEVER say that about the ones that come with a product. The mirror is huge.

I contemplated buying it for so long, and I can honestly say it has replaced every other eyeshadow and palette I was using. One palette. Done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I swear, UD has ruined me on all other shadows, forever. It took me AGES to pull the trigger on buying a Naked Palette! (Surely they were merely over-hyped like so many palettes. What girl needs that type of disappointment?) Then, last year I finally caved. Naked 2 had just been released so I purchased BOTH 1&2. My logic said if I regretted my $100 purchase, I could always return. Now, having owned them both for a long time, I can honestly say this is one of the VERY BEST makeup purchases I've ever made. (For comparison, I am cool-toned, fair-skinned and in my 40's). The first week I owned the palettes, I was iffy about some of the colors. Also, the sheen & glitter did frighten me. It was easy to see they were extremely pigmented. They apply buttery smooth & last well even w/o primer. After my first 10 days of trying umpteen different eye-looks, there was NO WAY these babies were going to be returned. Like many other reviewers, I do wish there were more satin or matte shades to blend with. Perhaps Naked Basics will fix that. For me personally, at my age & with a bit of crepiness on my eyes, I do best using a light hand on some of the colors. Younger eyes will be limited only by their imagination. SUMMARY: There is absolutely no end to the ways you can use these shadows. If you are afraid, I urge you to push yourself. Experiment wildly. The colors combine & blend in ways that will surprise and delight you. They are awesome as liners!! With a large, fluffy brush, try some as a light eye-wash or even as highlight on your cheeks. VALUE: I reach for UDN1 daily & after months, they look hardly used. This will last for years. Overall, I am a huge fan and wish UD would make a trillion more shadow colors. Because as I buy & compare shadows from Tarte, EL, L'ancome, Stila, NYX, etc. they keep disappointing me. Specific to UDN2: Even though I am cool complected & these are supposedly cooler shades, I seem to reach for UDN1 twice as often. What I do like about UDN2 is the more practical packaging, the brush is pretty useful, Tease is one of my favorite shadows of all time, ever!! What I don't like are the first 4 light colors. Many are very similar to UDN1. The remaining 8 are lovely. Hope this helps!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by prettyeyelash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I find this product overhyped. It doesn't have the smooth creamy texture i thought i would, nor was the pigment as rich as i would have wanted it to be.
However, it does last a pretty long time on the lids, unsure whether it is mac fix+ that helps or not.
The colors does not blend as pretty, and the end results usually look muddy, probably because the colors does not run that far, and isnt much too different or stark on its own.

I still like Kanebo Kate blendzone eyeshadow. Talk about smooth and creamy texture,unbeatable!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So Ive had this palette for quite some time and only recently have i began using it again. I really did forget how amazingly pigmented these eyeshadows are. I highly recommend it to any of you that haunt purchased it yet. It's such a staple piece in my kit that I think everyone should own. You can do so many styles from wedding, natural or dramatic and the colors are quite brown to a taupe. They last me all day when I set it with or without a primer, I quite enjoy using the milk jumbo eye pencil just because it helps enhance the true colour of these eye shadows. Hope this helps xx

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ktsimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a MUST HAVE

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by kaykoof

I really, really enjoy this palette.
I use it every time I do my eye makeup, which may not be every day, but still!
The price was VERY reasonable considering you get the same amount (in grams) as you do with an individual shadow from UD, ($18 USD per shadow, multiplied by 12 is $216 USD). And you're just paying 50. Especially with palettes and value sets, you may get a lot of product for the price but do you honestly use every single thing? In this case, I TOTALLY DO. I will never turn down a neutral colored eyeshadow.
The packaging is sturdy, and cute. Very simplistic while still being classic Urban Decay. They include a mini "universal" shade of lipgloss (Wish they had kept the mini primer potion, that would of been a lot more practical. That's just me though because I never wear lip gloss.)
The shadows themselves are what you would expect. Creamy, dreamy, pigmented, buildable beautiful shadows that blend like no one's business. Each of the shades offer something flattering and beautiful. I love that they include both a matte off white (Foxy), a matte black (Blackout) and a matte midtone browny shade. (Tease)Talk about versatile! Many say the shadows are overly shimmery but I haven't had a problem with them looking ridiculous or anything like that.
The brush they include is very nice for packing on color and blending out, I have my own brushes I prefer to use, but I still reach for this one.
The best part about this palette is knowing that even though I may not use every color, I can bring it when I'm going to do family or friend's makeup and I'll always get the same reaction that they LOVE the way their eyes look! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Taylorbrennan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This palette is amazing!, I wasn't sure if I would get it but I'm so glad I did. The colours are amazing and very pigmented and it has every colour you need to do a look. Overall it's an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Holy grail

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Alexislaurenxox

I use this palette every single day! Love all the shades and the quality of them. Many of my friends die when I'm using it because they want it ahah. The shades are fabulous and blend perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by secondlaw94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a MASSIVE makeup wearer, and I love to keep things simple. What can I say - this palette is perfect for me. It's got such a versatile range of colours, and my favourite would have to be verve. I use this everyday to create a really natural look. Lots of people complement me on my eyes now, and it's all thanks to this awesome palette.