December 19, 2014 | 1537 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I won't go over the colours one by one again because you can find these anywhere on the internet by doing a search and most of the bloggers that i've read the reviews from have done a stellar job already! I will include MY personal comments on my faves though...

I didn't get on with the first naked palette too well, it wasn't a quality issue, all the eyeshadow palettes that I've seen and tested/used from UD are excellent quality and I would recommend one of the now 3 to pretty much anyone out there. I simply found it a little too warm for my liking, and some of the darker colours were just a little bit too much work for a swipe and go girl like me.
In every eyeshadow palette that I use, I look for how many dark colours there are because I'm simply not really that good at using them. I prefer light to medium colours on my eyes because they are easier to use for me - the Naked 2 palette has a brilliant selection for me and the best bit is that it isn't too warm either!
I have neutral but very pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair, there isn't a single eyeshadow in Naked 2 that I don't absolutely love... from the super barely there like Foxy (which you can use all over your lid and brow bone as a base) to the super uber black like Blackout (perfect powder liner for pushing into the roots of lashes) - this palette was worth the money I paid for it...which when you think about it really wasn't that much at all for what you get.

Some of my personal comments on colours in the palette:

Foxy - very like Bobbi Browns "Bone" - you can just use this on days you don't want to bother and take it all the way up to under the brow. It's very versatile! Not sure how it would work on darker skin tones but for pale to medium it's awesome.

Bootycall - this is like a one stop shop highlighting/all over lid shadow, great for inner corners as well. On lazy days I do a wash of this with black liquid liner. :-)

Chopper - Very glittery and shimmery to use in the centre of the lid to add ooomph to any look! Used this on my friend at the work Christmas party and she asked me what colour it was the next day because she loved it so much. I love it too!

Tease - oh so pretty fawn/mauve coloured matte shadow. You can't go wrong with this one for a casual jeans day. Soooo pretty even my boyfriend commented on how nice it was!

Snakebite - shimmery dark copper colour, I thought this would be too much blended over my lids but it wasn't! For a subtle smoked out eye you could use this without looking like you'd been punched.

Blackout - I am scared of this one!! It's a matte black, verrryyy black. If you're awesome then you can use this as eyeshadow but i just use it as liner and it's great. Sooo pigmented and smooth.

For all other colours they are shimmer and satin mid toned colours that you can just pop on your eye with a slick of mascara and look pretty with... ALL beautiful - probably my fave is Verve because it's such an unusual colour! I'm not sure though...
Busted is the one I've kind of missed out, and at this point I've only used it to define my eyes... it's a really pretty darker colour.

Those are my comments on the Naked 2 palette, perfect for people who found the Naked palette to warm for them like I did, perfect for those who don't like to deal with too many dark colours because they're a bit scary. Perrffect for those who love to pick and choose their nudes depending on their mood that day. ;-)

Well done UD, you did a great job with this, I might check out the Naked 3 palette but i'm not sure how Rose will look on me... I'd recommend that one more for blue eyed girls, it looks amazing on Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends blog. I doubt that will stop me though.... it looks very pretty.

I did once upon a time own the Bobbi Brown Nude shimmer eyeshadow palette, I used it to death but actually (sorry Bobbi), i think this might be a little bit better....(read, a lot).

If in doubt... buy it! You won't regret. x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

Loving this palette!Great pigmentation and great range of colours!Sturdy packaging and travelling friendly!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lisaachristine1

I love this pallette!! There are so many different combinations! One of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

By far the best Christmas gift this year. I've been wanting this palette for ever and i finally got it. i love every color in this palette! the price really isnt THAT bad if you think of all the colors you get and the quality. and im sure this is gonna take a long time for me to get through so YAY im more than happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Let me start off by saying that I love urban decay eye shadows. Especially these buttery smooth ones in the naked 2 palette. These taupe shimmery shades are easy to pull off for a casual work day to a night out.
It is definitely not the most budget friendly palette at $52 dollars but it includes a mini naked lipgloss and a dual ended brush. And my one huge gripe is that the shadows are not glued to the package correctly. My foxy dropped and smashed in the pieces on my hard tile floor.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I am so in love with this palette. I've mastered so many great looks and the quality of the eye shadows are just amazing! I love every single colour and it's defiantly worth the price!! At first I wasn't sure if I liked ydk eyeshadow because of the texture but once I used it on my eyes I loved it and all the colours compliment my blue/green eyes wonderfully!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I absolutely adore this palette! I picked up the first one a few months back but was slightly disappointed at the lack of light colors I could use on my kid for everyday looks. I saw this one and it had a very good range of light lid colors. I picked it up and I am so glad I did!! I reach for it all then time. I especially love the matte black. I have been using it every day as eyeliner (using it wet makes it just as intense as using liquid.) Yes, many of the colors are very frosty but you just have to incorporate mattes into your looks and the frosty shades look gorgeous! If you like really dark smokey looks this may not be the palette for you (I would choose the original if you like darker looks) but if you just want beautiful everyday looks then in highly recommend this palette. The packaging is not great but not bad. It feels very very sturdy and would feel it wouldn't get damaged on a vacation. The brush isn't good for much (only because I don't feel that synthetic brushes pick up the product very well) and I absolutely love the lip gloss. Overall I would highly recommend this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I've had this palette in my stash for a long time but only used a few times....till most recently when the Naked3 was revealed. Before the 3 release I reached for this and starting playing around with it. I'm a NC45 in skintone and at first I was clueless as to how to pull eye looks from it because its cool toned. But since I've advanced in makeup application I find myself able to make it work with my skintone. Proper blending is a must and on occasion I've grabbed shadows from other brands to add some color per se (this palette is heavy on taupes). Would I buy this again if I hit pan? Probably so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette on a whim, after seeing some gorgeous looks done with it.
Unfortunately for me, my coloring does not work with this palette (see above). My eyes look tired when I use it. I wish I had returned it, but I threw out the box like an idiot before I even used it. Not too smart!
I'm hoping I'll find a way to mix these colors with some others that are more complimentary to my eye color & skin tone, but until then, it's just sitting in my bathroom reminding me of how much money I wasted on it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Marney1803

I love this palette! As with most Urban Decay products, the packaging is very well executed and doesn't feel flimsy or cheap. I can vouch for it protecting your shadows if you drop them from a fairly low distance, on carpet but haven't dropped mine otherwise and although I'm sure they'd remain unbroken, I'm not willing to test for the price of the product! Inside there's a large mirror spanning the entire length of the palette. It also contains 12 rather beautiful eyeshadows and a double ended brush, which may I just say is super quality! The shadows within this palette are Foxy, a matte cream colour which is probably the least pigmented in the palette, didn't put their strongest foot first with this shade, it's stil pretty nice though. Second is Half Baked, a gorgeous warm gold colour with amazing pigmentation, as are the next ten shades too! Next is Bootycall, a gorgeous champagne shimmery cream which is a lovely highlighter. Chopper is the fourth shade, a gorgeous warm coppery gold colour. Tease is next and probably my most used shade in the palette, I use it as a simple, swipe it over the lid and go colour and for my brows. I also like to bend the darker browns into it. Snakebite is sixth and is one of my favourites, a gorgeous medium brown with very fine sparkle in, not glitter, just a hint of sparkle. Then is Suspect, a colour which I'd class as gold but it is kind of brown too! It's not a warm gold at all, it's more cool toned and almost an antique gold. Pistol is a dark shimmery gunmetal colour. Then is verve which is a very pretty colour, It kind of switches from straight-up silver to gold/silver. Then is probably another joint favourite (with Snakebite and Busted) YDK It's a light brown with almost a copper tone running through it. Second to last it Busted which is a cool toned shimmery dark brown and is such a lovely crease colour. Last but not least is Blackout which is a matte black you can use on top of black liner to increase longevity or blend into the crease for a dark smoky eye. This palette came with a little mini lipgloss which is very sheer but with a bit of sparkle, it's a tingly minty lipgloss so if you don't like that this might not float your boat.