Queen Helene Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, walnut shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, oatmeal honey, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, kaolin, cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol.

on 11/24/2008 4:40:00 PM

Pro:

- Cheap at only $3 a tube
- Fine grains -- extra gentle for sensitive skin
- Honey and Oatmeal are very good ingredients for the skin
- Maybe good to use on the body

Cons:

- Smells too sweet. It smells almost artificial.
- Does not remove any flaky skin. (What's the point of using the scrub if it doesn't remove flakes? It does absolutely nothing to get rid of dead skin.)
- When the scrubbies get into my eyes, it's like sands in my eyes. It's very hard to rinse off, and IT HURTS =X
- Poor packaging. It's a screw top, so if you leave it in the shower, water gets in between the cap and sits there. So when you screw it open the next day, lots of water will come out along with some muddy scrub.

on 11/9/2008 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! The reason I got it because my beloved St. Ives was sold out at my local Family Dollar and this was the only other facial scrub they had. The first time I bought it, I was surprised at how much I'd love it! My favorite thing about it is actually the smell! It's so sweet and yummy, it just smells delicious! Which is weird to say but it does! The texture is nice, it's grain-y yet gentle and it makes my skin so smooth! It feels like a baby's bottom! You should go out and buy asap!

on 11/4/2008 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used to use this product every morning and was very satisfied. Not sure why I ever stopped using it, actually! I guess I'm always on the look out for the "perfect" product. My skin is very sensitive (rosacea-prone on my cheeks), so rather than using it as a scrub, I would smooth a layer over my face and leave it on until the end of my shower and then wash it off (and scrub just a little if my skin was dry). My skin was always soft and the pores on my cheeks less noticeable. And the smell is y-u-m-m-y!!

Update: Hmmm....not liking this so much the second time around. My skin can't seem to tolerate any bit of rubbing or scrubbing lately. But this is still nice on my hands and feet so it won't go to waste :)

on 10/29/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It is a very nice gentle scrub that is in the budget and does the job. Does nothing for acne though. Lasts because I only need a little bit.

UPDATE: Causes some irritation/redness. I am discontinuing use.

on 10/9/2008 1:52:00 PM

WOW-eeeeeeee! There is just something about this scrub that makes my skin look so brand new and supple! I heart it so much! The exfoliating grains in this scrub are the perfect size for a face product, and they are well-milled and refined to boot. So, the beads are not scratching my face and I can get gentle, yet thorough, exfoliation with absolutely no redness or irritation. YES! :) It makes my skin glow in a good way. I use it every other night, but I definitely have to resist the urge to use it at every face washing! It is very refreshing and it makes my skin look so young and hydrated. Also, I find the honey oatmeal scent to be rather pleasant. The packaging leaves much to be desired and I'd love for it to be more hygienic, but I really can't complain -- This only cost me $2.89!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No wonder this scrub didn't work for my skin...it contains SLS! Too bad, if I wasn't allergic to sulfates, this would have been fine for me.

on 9/30/2008 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

WOW!

this is really the only product that has revealed my new skin underneath my cratty old dead skin cells. i could see a brand new smooth surface after using this.

pros: cheap, works, and smells great! smells like oats and honey to me if you ask.

cons: wish the cap was not a screw on cap!

note also: this sorta left me dry so it's best to moisturize afterwards!

on 9/14/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is one of the best scrubs I've tried. The particles are just the right size for deep cleaning and it has good moisturizing agents. It's gentle enough to use everyday and I'm addicted to using it but I try to use it every other day so as to not just exfoliate my face off. Love the smell, too! Oh, but the packaging could be better by making the cap a flip-top, because unscrewing it is annoying.

on 8/28/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i LOVE this product! i love that it exfoliates but also leaves your skin moisturized, you won't feel stripped afterwards

on 8/25/2008 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LOVE! Years ago I used St. Ives apricot scrub, but it was so abrasive that it was leaving fine irritated scratches on my face. So I switched to QH Mint Julep scrub and liked that but it was just a tad drying on my normal combo skin. Enter Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey!! This stuff is amazing, the texture is smooth and creamy with just the right amount or exfoliant particles to leave my skin incredibly smooth and fresh, sans the St. Ives scratches. I also find this to be very moisturizing and my skin never feels tight after use, just clean and supple. The scent is absolutely delicious, I would describe it as a honey almond scent, nothing artificial, irritating or chemical. If you love the Mint Julep scrub but could use a moisture boost or just want to try this intoxicating smell pick this one up!! **HG ITEM**