July 30, 2014 | 1767 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product every morning and was very satisfied. Not sure why I ever stopped using it, actually! I guess I'm always on the look out for the "perfect" product. My skin is very sensitive (rosacea-prone on my cheeks), so rather than using it as a scrub, I would smooth a layer over my face and leave it on until the end of my shower and then wash it off (and scrub just a little if my skin was dry). My skin was always soft and the pores on my cheeks less noticeable. And the smell is y-u-m-m-y!!

Update: Hmmm....not liking this so much the second time around. My skin can't seem to tolerate any bit of rubbing or scrubbing lately. But this is still nice on my hands and feet so it won't go to waste :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

It is a very nice gentle scrub that is in the budget and does the job. Does nothing for acne though. Lasts because I only need a little bit.

UPDATE: Causes some irritation/redness. I am discontinuing use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lzwolinski

WOW-eeeeeeee! There is just something about this scrub that makes my skin look so brand new and supple! I heart it so much! The exfoliating grains in this scrub are the perfect size for a face product, and they are well-milled and refined to boot. So, the beads are not scratching my face and I can get gentle, yet thorough, exfoliation with absolutely no redness or irritation. YES! :) It makes my skin glow in a good way. I use it every other night, but I definitely have to resist the urge to use it at every face washing! It is very refreshing and it makes my skin look so young and hydrated. Also, I find the honey oatmeal scent to be rather pleasant. The packaging leaves much to be desired and I'd love for it to be more hygienic, but I really can't complain -- This only cost me $2.89!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No wonder this scrub didn't work for my skin...it contains SLS! Too bad, if I wasn't allergic to sulfates, this would have been fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

WOW!

this is really the only product that has revealed my new skin underneath my cratty old dead skin cells. i could see a brand new smooth surface after using this.

pros: cheap, works, and smells great! smells like oats and honey to me if you ask.

cons: wish the cap was not a screw on cap!

note also: this sorta left me dry so it's best to moisturize afterwards!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by maylias

This is one of the best scrubs I've tried. The particles are just the right size for deep cleaning and it has good moisturizing agents. It's gentle enough to use everyday and I'm addicted to using it but I try to use it every other day so as to not just exfoliate my face off. Love the smell, too! Oh, but the packaging could be better by making the cap a flip-top, because unscrewing it is annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this product! i love that it exfoliates but also leaves your skin moisturized, you won't feel stripped afterwards

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE! Years ago I used St. Ives apricot scrub, but it was so abrasive that it was leaving fine irritated scratches on my face. So I switched to QH Mint Julep scrub and liked that but it was just a tad drying on my normal combo skin. Enter Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey!! This stuff is amazing, the texture is smooth and creamy with just the right amount or exfoliant particles to leave my skin incredibly smooth and fresh, sans the St. Ives scratches. I also find this to be very moisturizing and my skin never feels tight after use, just clean and supple. The scent is absolutely delicious, I would describe it as a honey almond scent, nothing artificial, irritating or chemical. If you love the Mint Julep scrub but could use a moisture boost or just want to try this intoxicating smell pick this one up!! **HG ITEM**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Mint Juelep Mask from Queen Helene for over a year now and love it, so when I ran out of my usual scrub I decided to give this a try. Oh, it smells sooo good! My face feels nice and smooth after I use it as well. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it is a very gentle scrub and I tend to like a more abrasive scrub. Still, I am very satisfied with it and will continue to use it. I bought it for $2.20 at Ulta to boot! I love good products that are cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, this stuff is wonderful. The granules are smooth & don't rip at your skin, the cream isn't drying & rinses clean easily & this stuff smells good to boot. I particularly like that its just a simple mechanical scrub with no harsh BHA or AHA added as far as I can tell which means that in the summer when I get grubby I don't have to worry about over using this & drying out my skin.

And oh, is it cheap! - for folks looking for this product, try Sally's (they seem to carry a huge selection of QH products). $2.99 for a large tube that's become a staple in my shower. I see no reason to ever try any other scrub (except maybe QH's cocoa butter version ;D )