September 22, 2014 | 1873 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - using "Brightener" for highlighting and under eye.

I like this (on my second one) but I am always looking for something better for several reasons. First, texture is thin - I have to layer quite a bit to get a "brightening" effect. Second, price is oddly absurd for drugstore. It is $8.99 at Target; about $3 or $4 more than their Fit Me Concealer which I feel has higher coverage and better packaging.

On the upside, this is nice for highlighting the face (under eyes, cheek bones, forehead, down the nose, chin) and I actually like the packaging for this purpose. I blend it all in with a flat top brush. Lasting power for the undereye leaves much to be desired - I do have to reapply throughout the day. No noticeable settling into wrinkles or fine lines that I can tell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I have the "brightener" which really should have its own separate reviews. It's a cool-toned pale pale pale pinkish color (I can't imagine anyone darker than 'pale' using this effectively).

First off, applying a brightener to the under eye area requires the utmost precision (you only want to "brighten" the dark circle, if you apply this to the bags or surrounding areas it will only highlight them). Because of this, the big sponge applicator isn't ideal. I find that when I do attempt to use this under my eyes it does indeed brighten the area but if I'm not careful it can be too bright, too obvious, and too cakey - like a reverse raccoon eye.

What I LOVE using this product for, however, is along the cheekbone, temples, and brow bone as a matte highlighter. It does an excellent job of "bringing forward" the area it's applied to. Again, this would only work if you're super pale to begin with. I would be probably like this product a lot more for undereyes if it had an applicator like Armani High Precision Retouch, but for now I'll continue to use it for cheekbones!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in the shade 'Neutralizer' and I really do love it. I'm fair skinned with yellow undertones and I have always had terrible under eye circles. After seeing good reviews on YouTube, I went ahead and bought this. I'm so happy I did!

First of all, yes, the packaging is a bit strange to look at, and strange to use. However, though the sponge tip sketches me out in terms of hygiene, it does a fantastic job of evenly distributing the product. I have had it for a month or so and haven't had any issues with pieces breaking (knock on wood!)

This yellow tones in this concealer are great for battling dark circles. I want to say though that if you have really stubborn dark circles like me, this concealer may not 'erase' everything, nor should you expect it to. This product does a fantastic job of neutralizing and brightening the darkness in that area, and gives my little Dream Lumi concealer wand a fighting chance to actually cover the remaining hints of darkness. Together, they work wonders.

I understand that many people want one product that can do it all, and maybe that is realistic if your dark circles aren't too bad. However, with the circles I have I know that it may always be a two-step process (or more) to cover them up. I will keep an eye out for something that can 'do it all', but as it stands, I love this product and appreciate what it does.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been looking for an on the go undereye concealer and this one is a great find. This product is watery and blends great. Ive had it on for about 5 hours today and it still looks good, not as great as when i had jst put it on but staying power is not bad. I wouldnt mind reapplying this since the tube and sponge is so easy to jst carry and apply in the car or on the go without a brush or dipping ur hands in a pot. Its not as moisterizing as i hoped but the moisture the easier product will slide off my face i suppose. I have this in light i am a nc20 in mac

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over a month now, after all the raves on Youtube of this being a "must have" drugstore product, I caved and bought it, it was about $9.99 at the drugstore, It has a sponge tip applicator which can be good or bad, it's good because it applies the product where you want it, but it can be very easy to use too much because of the pen like clicking you have to do to dispense product. I'm not crazy about this product at all.

The first time I used it I didn't set it with powder and I swear half an hour later it was settling in and caking under my eyes ( I don't really use it for anything else, other than under eyes and nose area). When I did set it with powder, after a few hours it still didn't look that great at all, I don't have heavy bags or dark under eye circles but I feel like this product made my under eye area worse than it was to begin with, I have combo skin, and under my eye area tends to be dry, and this product emphazied my dryness even more which is not a good look.

I don't like to give up on a product too quickly, because I wanted it to work for me, but I don't like letting a $10 product go to waste and just sit in my makeup bag either, so I will probably try to find other ways to use it, and use it from time to time, but it's not a product I'm a fan of at all, and I definetly won't be re-purchasing it unless I can get it to work for me. Will update if that miracle happens (Insert hopeful face here)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a thin concealer packaged in a funky bottle with a sponge applicator where product oozes out as you twist it. It looks and sounds a bit gross, but it actually aids in the application process, as it deposits and distributes an even amount of concealer as you go along. I'm not sure about it being very sanitary, unless you wash the sponge applicator (which may result in ruining it?). The formula is thin, but doeas a great job of covering circles and imperfections. I think this is available only in two shades (at least where I live): light and nude. While I've enjoyed using nude while being tanner , it is now a bit dark for me. Light is too light for me though, but I've started using it -after seeing it in a youtube tutorial- as a subtle under eye brightener (you know: painting a lighter shade triangle under the eye area to achieve the Kim Kardashian look, but not as evident) and it absolutely does the trick!

It dries matte, so you're better off using an eyecream beforehand. But if you do so, it won't settle into your fine lines, nor budge all day long.

Def. a keeper! And at a great price, too. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade "NEUTRALIZE". Having had dark under-eye circles most of my life, I am pretty obsessed with concealers and I've tried most of them from high end to low and from sticks to pans to tubes to powders and brush/twisty doodles (think Touche Eclat and its imitators). Lately, to complicate matters, I've been taking a turn around the dance floor with correctors, most notably Bobbi Brown...

But I'd read so many good reviews for Maybelline Age Rewind and I'd been wanting to try it for some time but the absence of testers put me off (it's one of the things I love about Sephora - right now, I'm sampling 3 different Bobbi Brown correctors to try to figure out my best shade). But I'd heard good things about the "Neutralize" shade of Age Rewind so decided to give it a try, figuring that since the instructions advise using concealer overtop, "Neutralize" should work. And I was right - work, it does! This yellow toned concealer really does a good job of neutralizing and also brightening the look of my under-eye area. It applies so nicely and, for the most part, the funny little "dabber" does a pretty good job of blending/stippling this into my skin. I can understand that a lot of people are concerned about hygiene issues and I'm also concerned that a number of people have had the whole thing stop working/dispensing product and these are both valid concerns; I am keeping my fingers crossed! But this is why I've given a low rating for packaging (I'd much prefer a squeeze tube and I would use my own brushes or sponges).

I do find that after using this, I don't actually need a separate concealer - just applying my foundation overtop gives enough coverage. And this concealer applies beautifully and doesn't settle into lines or make my eye area look dry. So it is a really nice product for a reasonable price.

***There seem to be 2 different concealers with the same name. The one I have looks like the one at the top of this page (clear package rather than white).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by diggitybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like this undereye concealer. sometimes i even used it to cover blemishes. it pretty easy to put on and supposedly the sponge is anti bacterial. It never broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I use the shade fair, I'm roughly NC15-20, C1, etc. I use light to med coverage foundations to cover my red areas but I need just a little more coverage under my eyes. So after foundation I put this on and it's perfect, not too thick like BB and not too thin like other ds concealer. I almost returned this because I didn't use it right so I didn't like the results. The key to this is to dab on the product than use the tip to spread it around. I dabbed it on than used my finger to spread it and it had terrible coverage. But than I used the spongy tip it and covered nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by terrydeben

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the original award-winning Instant Age Rewind under eye concealer. For the life of me, I can't imagine why they felt the need to change it. Not only is this version too dry and settles in my creases, I find it difficult to get the amount I want on the applicator. Maybelline, can we Rewind about 5 years, and bring back the old product?