October 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this several times when I have felt guilty for buying MAC's blot powder over and over when this is basically just as good. I apply this with a kabuki brush and it works very well to set my makeup and keep my face matte for at least a few hours. It isn't as finely milled as MAC's and can get a little cakey if you don't moisturize well. I hate the packaging and the ridiculous foam puff but will repurchase due to the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by LaFemmNoir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is worth a try, for two dollars. To it's merit, the quality is astounding for it's price, it is soft, won't make you break out, there is a decent amount of product, and it really is translucent. That said, I don't know how well it has actually absorbed oil and prevented my skin from overproducing it, and it only adds a minimal amount of staying power to my blush and foundation. While I am fond of the matte look, the powder only really looks nice at first; if it is hot, it starts to look cakey and really accentuates my peach fuzz. I never thought they were noticeable, but the powder sure sets out to make sure that they are, which I don't like. I wont be applying it over my makeup anymore; but it does seem to work a lot better at controlling oil when I apply it over bare skin, so I won't throw it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by regretia

Decent powder. I don't use powder commonly in general, but it doesn't dull my skin and gives me slight coverage on top of my foundation, and that's typically all I ask for. The packaging gives you loose powder flying around sometimes, but it's no big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I've used many, many different brands of pressed powders and can't believe this is one of the best! I have sensitive, combination skin and this powder does not irritate or break me out! I still get shiny halfway through the day, but I don't think any product is going to change that. Great product, great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very basic, black compact with a suprisingly amazing powder inside. This removes any oil from my face. I've also discovered this is great to lighten up foundation that's too dark. I'll be buying this in bulk on my next trip to the drugstore, since I'm scraping the bottom of the compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by AlasseM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Firstly, I have to say that I use this product mainly for touch ups. And also that I'm pretty fair. I know it says Translucent but maybe it isn't too translucent. I'm sure this will work out if you're fair or even medium skinned. However if you have super dark skin, then MAYBE you should skip this.

Having said that, this product works well as a touch up powder. I have to admit, I don't have the oiliest skin. The only oily area of my face is my nose which isn't too oily. I only need to touch up my makeup once throughout the day. I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate it.

The only thing about this is its packaging. It's very cheap but so far very sturdy and I don't think it will break on me, so that's good. Another thing is its sponge. It's definitely better than many other sponges out there but it's not the best. However, for touch up purpose, it does the job. So all in all, there isn't anything I would complain about this product really. Would definitely repurchase and recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product about two years ago, and I forgot how much I liked it!
For the price, it's definitely worth a try, and I find that it works well for sheer coverage or a finishing powder. I am extremely pale, so this powder doesn't lighten me up, though I imagine anyone with darker skin would have a problem with this power "ghosting" them out.
I believe it comes with a spongy applicator, which is absolutely terrible, as this power is best applied with a good fluffy brush.
This product would be great for touch-ups (I'm not really much of a "toucher-upper") and provides an excellent shine-free finish that lasts. It doesn't cause breakouts, and it doesn't seem to contain any of that tacky "luminous" glitter.
If you're fair skinned, you should try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

I wish I could understand why everyone loves this stuff.... but I cant =[[[
It makes me look like a ghost, chalky, cakey, and it breaks me out (which NEVER happens).
Hell no, I will not be repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by roaker

This powder is good. It does the job for me. After applying foundation, I use this to set it. To me it works the same as the MAC blot powder I bought. I did not repurchase MAC blot powder, I use this instead. Why spend $20.00 for MAC, when this powder is just as good for dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by xosimplyrandomxo

I bought this at CVS for about 2 bucks and at the time, I was trying to find something to set my eye makeup since I don't wear foundation or concealer.

I heard about this through some youtube vid and decided to try it out.

While it does a great job of de-oiling my skin.. it also makes my skin look a bit pale and flaky so I'm not so hyped over that.

However, using it only on my eyeshadow does ensure lasting power, longer than if I were to only use eyeshadow. For the price, it's ok.

I'm not going to repurchase though. The packaging is not the best..the sponge is terrible..but for the price.. it's worth a try.

Hope that helps!