Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 4/12/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love love this. I've tried a few other gel eyeliners and this is the best yet! Especially for the price and quality. It was very creamy at the start and super easy to work with. I prefer gel eyeliner to liquid and pencil. I've had it for a few months now and it's starting to dry a bit now. I tried buying another one and its not in stores any more - so sad! I hope they bring it back :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this eyeliner after reading so many reviews on this. I had very high hopes for it and I am not disappointed. I have Midnight In Paris and it is literally the blackest most creamy gel liner I have ever used. In comparison to Mac's blacktrack fluidline it ranks supreme. Personally, Mac's blacktrack wasn't extemely black it wasn't creamy. I couldn't build too much of the color because layering caused flaking. The essence on the other hand is magnificent. It glides on like butter. It's mouse like texture makes it easy for application. The price of this product blows my mind. If this was a $25 eyeliner it would be worth every penny and the fact that its not proves that higher end brands are sometimes just hype. This is my holy grail eyeliner. After all these years of looking I found what I thought didn't exist.

on 4/10/2013 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Definitely my HG eyeliner.

Doesn't transfer from my top lid to the bottom (I have that issue with so many stupid eyeliners). It stays put for 8+ hours!!! I put it on, come home from work and it's still in perfect condition. It doesn't flake off or anything when you curl your lashes (I have that issue of having the eyeliner come off when I try to curl my lashes). It's extremely opaque even if you use a little bit. It's crazy good! I think it's a million times better than the MAC's Fluidline and Wet 'n Wild's gel eyeliner. Gives you a clean crisp line without having to constantly dip your brush back into it. I've had mine for over 3 months now and it's still as creamy as when I bought it. It's more wet than a regular gel eyeliner, that's what makes it glides so easily. The packaging is average. Screw on plastic top. The lid isn't the best looking, but it still keeps the gel liner from drying out. I'm not TOO sure if it's extremely waterproof, but it's easy to wash off with makeup remover. Best applied with an eyeliner brush (Sonia Kashuk's $7 eyeliner brush or E.L.F.'s Studio $3 eyeliner brush).

Definitely try it out! It is THE best! Don't know why this eyeliner doesn't have more rave on it. It's the best thing in the world. I'd die if they EVER discontinue it.

on 4/6/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I apologize for submitting this as a review since I have not had the opportunity to purchase it. From all of the positive reviews, I'm anxious to try it. But I haven't been able to locate it online. Does anyone have info on where to purchase? Thanks! Lisa

on 4/6/2013 6:42:00 PM

I know everyone keeps saying great things about this eyeliner, but it did not work AT ALL for me.
I have very oily eyelids, so as soon as I blinked, this would smudge and give me panda eyes, no joke. it would last 1-2hours max without smudging!
Although I have to say, the color pigmentation and the way it applies is beautiful, if you do not have oily eyelids, this would be a great product!

on 4/6/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you like gel eyeliner, buy this. If you'd like to try gel eyeliner, buy this. If you like versatile products with unbeatable value for money...yeah. This. Buy it.
A very cheap yet quality product which will last without drying out as long as you remember to close the lid on the pot properly.
I have it in black (Midnight in Paris) and the sadly discontinued grayish, seal brown (London Baby).
The latter is a peculiar color between dark shimmery taupe and brown which is excellent for eyebrows as well!
It looks very natural on ashy brunette eyebrows!

So glad I tried this affordable wonder before going for pricier alternatives!

on 4/4/2013 11:32:00 PM

One of the best lines I've used! Goes on cleanly with a brush and is totally opaque, easy to work with and is a consistent texture. Wear is fantastic. HG product for me!

OMG, this has to be the BEST liner and the price is unbeatable. I use to be a MAC Fluidline holic, but was turned on to Essence by my bestie. The pigmentation on this liner is AAAmazing, when they say black they mean BLACK, so dark and gives you that sultry come hither look. Plus at only $3.99 its definitely worth purchasing over and over again.

on 3/31/2013 1:42:00 AM

This is absolutely my favourite. I usually use urban decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils, but this is a good alternative. I have both the silver and dark purple, both are fabulous colours for Asians. I'm prob light-medium skin-tone, and the silver colour is extremely flattering, and it's great if you want to define your eyes and yet at the same time, don't want it to be that harsh like black. Brown is meh, silver is great! :) I'm single eye-lid, slightly hooded. :)

on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM

This is such a great eyeliner gel! It doesn't smuge at all, lasts very long and gives a nice finish.
I will definitely repurchase,though this bottle takes quite a while to finish!

Top Rated Essence Products