April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great alternative to Mac's black track, but i feel this smears al over my eyelids within a couple hours ( i have oily lids). I'll try primer under next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic!

Tried MAC, Revlon, Maybelline gel eyeliners and this comes up tops - brush and eyeliner. Midnight in Paris (black) 5 all the way, London Baby not so hot on my brown skin.

Thank you to all who reviewed before me, I have found my HG liner finally...thanks to your input.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by aimage

This eyeliner is good for people who are new to gel eyeliners like me. Mostly because of the price, it is extremely cheap and affordable. Although this is my first gel eyeliner I can't really compare to anything else but it is worth the money. I have oily eyelids and the eyeliner did smudge a tad on me but not drastically to the point where I have to touch up. I wore it out for at least 6 hours and combining the fact that I have oily eyelids and the hours I wore it out, I would consider this eyeliner to be pretty long lasting. The corners of my eyes are where it smudged on me but that is pretty normal for me. Considering the fact that eyeliners normally crease up on the outer corners of my eyes, this eyeliner holds up pretty well. When this eyeliner does smudge it smudges a tad out of where I originally place it. The colour is pigmented but I have seen better. Overall I am very pleased with this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by fatimakhanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It never smudges, Stays on for such a long time and the colour is so intense..The black one is amazing, but I'm not really a big fan of the gray one, it dries up and becomes all cracked up looking :/ but I would definitely recommend the black one :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good liner for the price. I tried WnW's gel liner many years ago and hated it, so I was skeptical of a different $4 gel liner. However, Essence does not disappoint me as WnW did. I can't give this five lippies because it does run on me after a few hours. Otherwise, it is a great product, and probably a low-end HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Was looking for a good gel eyeliner and came across the new essence booth at my local drugstore and heard pretty good reviews of the brand. And for that price?!? GRAB. I was very excited to try it. However, when i swatched it, i was very disappointed. Then i later realized why- i swatched TOO much product. It was too thick, hence it did not set properly and smudged everywhere. In fact, this product has such good PIGMENTATION, just one dip per eye is enough. It is a true, solid jet black.

Smudge proof? It held on pretty well, once i forgot i had this eyeliner on, i rubbed my eyes and then quickly took a look at the mirror. Not entirely smudge proof, but very MINIMAL SMUDGING. Therefore i'd say it's LONGLASTING.

Waterproof? Yes, when entire dry AND when it's not a thick layer- else it'll crumble.

Creamy? Yes. Very.

Easy to apply? From above, yes, creamy. But, this eyeliner can get onto your eyelashes pretty easily. I wouldn't be surprised if people started dipping spoolies into the pot and combed them on lashes. They made mine bold and thick.

Packaging- If you look carefully at the pot, it's not a lot of product. But it's fine, since gel eyeliner dries out pretty quickly and you're always set to buy a new one. And for the price? Totally okay. Glass packaging is really solid too.

Now, this is where i took 1 star off. REMOVING THIS THING IS SUCH A PAIN. My regular eye make up remover couldn't do the job, and i had to keep tugging. I have a few make up removers so i tried with different ones. In the end, i realized good old OLIVE OIL is the best for removing this! Simply dip a cotton bud in some and you'll find that the product just melts away. Also, because it dries pretty quick, it's another pain to clean your brushes as it just sticks together and it's clumpy gunk and all. A quick spot clean WILL NOT do the job. You'll have to deep clean it with soap and olive oil. I guess it's that hard to remove because of it's staying power. But overall, i highly recommend this. It can be really nice to apply. DON'T BOTHER with the essence gel eyeliner brush though. Too thick for an angled liner brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This $3 gel liner is seriously awesome as it's so creamy, pigmented, dries quickly, sets to a matte finish, and doesn't budge all day. Prior to this I was a devoted MAC fluidline girl, but not any more thanks to this inexpensive drugstore gem. I purchased the shade black and will definitely be trying out the other colours available.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

I've been searching for the PERFECT eyeliner for a while, just because my eyelids can get VERY VERY greasy and it always rubs off. I've searched HIGH AND LOW for the perfect gel eyeliner. I used to RAVEEEE about the Wet n Wild gel eyeliner, but that product dried out in about 4 months...Although it was dirt cheap it CANNOT compare to the essence gel eyeliner. First of all, the staying power on this is AMAZING...It stays on my very oily lids for a long long LONGGGGGG time. To make it stay on even LONGER, i usually prime my lids with urban decay's eye primer. I have this gel eyeliner in the brown. Its a VERY pretty color and can be used on a daily basis without appearing too harsh. The thing about this eyeliner is that it glides on smooth like a kohl eyeliner pencil, yet has the staying power and precision of a liquid eyeliner!!! I got this for about 3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) SO I SUGGEST everyone who hasn't gotten it to run and get it now, because usually products that become extremely product get a price raise eventually. ALSO, i haven't experienced ANY problems with this eyeliner drying out yet as I have with my other gel eyeliners. GET THIS GEL EYELINER, you won't regret it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

Best eyeliner ever!

Does exactly what it should do: goes on smoothly, doesn't smudge, lasts all day. Plus, it's very inexpensive! I like this better than any eyeliner I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST black gel liner I've tried! I also have Bobbi Brown gel liners, but the Essence is much better! The formula is creamy and goes on so smooth! I find with the Bobbi Brown it's more thick and doesn't glide on as smooth as this one! It lasts a long time, it's pigmented, it's sooo affordable! It;s my HG of gel liners! Save yourself a lot of money and invest in the Essence gel liner! I've tried other drugstore gel liners and they were ok, but nothing great...I tried Revlon and L'Oreal. Essence all the way!