August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the amount of negative reviews on this foundation. I don't usually write reviews but thought I would give my opinion on this product for those who want to try it out but are being held back by the negative reviews. I also have dry skin and love it! I love this foundation, it makes my skin look so flawless and perfect. I'm about a MAC NC35 and I wear it in the shade 40. I squeeze out less than one pump on the back of my hand (anymore than that and it can begin to look a bit cakey) and I apply it with my fingers straight onto moisturised skin, no primers, brushes nothing just moisturised skin. A lot of people with dry skin are complaining that it doesn't work for them but it does work, it's just the application that you have to get right. I found that a heavy duty moisturiser like my Dove one, which used to leave a greasy (don't let this scare you off) finish on the skin works best with this. This is because when you apply the foundation it absorbs that excess oil from the moisturiser and so sits better on the skin and doesn't look dry. Also, forget using primers and fancy brushes, this foundation needs to 'interact' straight with the skin. If you create barriers or begin to layer it, it's gonna start to look cakey again. I find the best way to apply is with your fingers so that the warmth from your fingers applies enough heat to make it sit in your skin rather than on top of it. Once on it looks beautiful, it has a semi matte finish and you can still see your skin through it. It's probably not the kinda foundation you wanna go for if you have a lot of blemishes you want to cover up, I'd say go for it if you have pretty good skin and you'll most probably need your concealer too. It has a medium coverage, smells amazing and feels so light. I do find that it lasts a while, I apply it at 7am and it lasts right through to when I take it off at about 6pm although by that time it does begin to wear off and could do with a touch. I usally touch up around 1-2pm and that helps it going right through till the end of the day. The lady at the Chanel counter gave me a sample of it and said that it was created for the working woman who needs her makeup to be light, to last and to look good. It does all three of those things and I would even wear this on special occasions not just on day to day wear. I have had a lot of compliments wearing this foundation :)

I would say if you're thinking of getting it, try out a sample of it first! I gave it 4 lippies because of the price and the limited shade range. Also I find that the little bit leftover on the back of my hand from initially applying it turns orange as the day goes on. So maybe that's something to bear in mind, it can oxidise! But I haven't noticed anything major on my face. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

I used to use Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24, but started to notice my skin looking really flat. After trying some samples of the Perfection Lumiere, I finally gave in and purchased the full sized bottle.
It's quite expensive at $55CAD (although Lancome TIU24 is up there at $50CAD) so I expected this to work.
I love the coverage, for me it's about medium-full coverage, not completely matte and it stays quite well without causing me to look too oily in the t-zone. I think by the end of the day it looks even better when my skin gets a bit oilier and creates this glow (not oily glow). It wears for a long time, comparable to Lancome TIU24, but washes off much easier.
I use quite a lot of this foundation because I have to look pretty flawless at work. I use about 1-1.5 pumps in total using a foundation brush then patting with a sponge to create an airbrush finish.
There's no oxidizing (color changing) after wearing it for a long time which is definitely a plus for combination skin. It doesn't cause my pores to look more obvious nor does it make my skin dry (sometimes looks dry around my nose if it starts flaking when it's dry out).

I'm not too happy about the bottle though. I wish it wasn't frosted or the cap was easy to remove so I can see how much I have left inside. Also I wish it wasn't as heavily fragranced, although it does wear off.
I already purchased a 2nd bottle as a backup (yay to hudson bay reward points!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by OLC8

Really enjoying this foundation at the moment. Love the scent. It's a really gentle floral scent that is there for a few minutes then fades away. The coverage is definately medium. I got told by the sales lady that it was full and I don't find it is. Not breaking me out or clogging pores! Thank goodness! I have oily skin so I find most foundations I own need to be powdered and blotting after a few hours but that's just my skin. Love it and will re purchase! I'm oily, medium to tan skin tone and I got shade B40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what all the hate for this product is about. It's a matte foundation, but turns satin-y over the course of the day. It's a light-medium coverage which for me is great. It's also very natural looking which I like. I stipple it on and it looks like I'm airbrushing my face that way. I look naturally perfected, if that makes sense. I dunno what it is with this, but it gives me that "inner glow" look. I don't want to go through it very fast though because it's pretty expensive, so it's one of those "special occasion" kinda foundations. I'm going to use it for my wedding because it photographs well and just makes me feel like I'm having a luxurious experience when I want to dress up :) If you don't moisturize very well beforehand, you won't like it. I use almond or argan oil and I have no trouble with it catching onto flakes (but I also exfoliate often and moisturize immediately after). Despite the hefty price tag, I still give it a five because it works really well for me. Does what it claims with the glowing look for sure (though I don't know how?) and the slightly peachy undertone corrects and brightens my olive skintone.

EDIT 6/17/13:
Sadly I had to return it because my skin has become too light for the shade amber beige 24. I went in to exchange it for the beige 40 as that was a much better match. However when I got home, I realized it was totally different from the tester. It was very pink. They changed the formula to now have spf of 15 instead of 10, but failed to change the testers. A lot of people will be pissed to find the color is not at all the same as the tester. :/ I took three lippies off because it's actually not the same anymore, and far too pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LanaAlowaidah

I get so confused with this foundation when i first used it i didnt like it at all, i used a brush and a sponge both didnt work well for me! But after a while i decided to give it a try again , and voalla using my hands this foundation is actually decent. It gives great coverage, blends well with hands. The things i dont like about it is the fragrance, its too strong for me and the color range is so limited. I would use this foundation over again not sure if i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I have start this out by stating this is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased.
It was around 55 USD and that is a lot for me.
The packaging is beautiful to look at.
The bottle is a pretty glass bottle and has a convenient pump which applies the perfect amount of product with one pump.
The color I use is shade 20.
For reference I have oily skin with a few acne spots.
The coverage is medium, but buildable.
I think it looks very nice with a minimal amount of product and just perfect with a bit of concealer.
I use the matching powder to set my makeup.
Even with the foundation and powder I still get oily throughout the day and still have to blot.
I will preface that with my skin is oily and this does not make it that way or control it.
However, that does not bother me.
The scent is faint and smells like roses, which is pleasant and makes me feel lux and fancy.
I would say the finish is semi-matte and pretty.
Also to note that this product does not make me break out, which a lot of other products do, specifically MAC!!
Despite the high price for the foundation and the powder I would repurchase both and highly recommend.
If a person is going to splurge on any high end makeup product having the perfect foundation (both color and finish) would be it.
I don't know if this HG for me, but definitely like it and honestly don't even mind the price anymore because it is THAT good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

So I bought an SA in shade BR20.

. I have sort of a hard time finding a good match for my skin tone, which is very much peaches and cream, sort of a mix of pink and yellow and most foundations tend to be one or the other. I have found my best shade match in Clinique, but I don't really care for their foundation formulations.

Once this product oxidizes, it becomes darker. Be aware of this when you buy it. It was a shade or two darker and much more obviously pink toned. I really like how it wears and feels on my skin . It was very satiny and smooth but still matte and not greasy feeling, but the color change is too much for me to repurchase.

The pump leaked a little so it was kind of annoying but other than that I really liked this product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I am actually very fond of this foundation, it is lightweight, doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. The coverage is medium, but is buildable and can be full converge very easily. It is a bit too heavy for everyday use, but it is one of my favorites especially if I am going out at night and need it to last. I do not use it for daytime often, but this foundation with a primer and powder would last all day, in the California sun, working out.. All of it. Love it! Chanel foundations are really great quality. Definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

The first time I tried this foundation, I didn't love it, but maybe that is because I usually prefer sheer dewy foundations. I decided to give it another try for a wedding I was going to and I fell in love with it. I did a couple of things different in applying this foundation. I used Kiehl moisturizer with bare minerals skin rev and sprayed my face with Mac fix+ as a primer. I also used a damp beauty blender and stippled the foundation on my skin. I then applied bare minerals mineral veil to set the foundation. I got so many compliments that night and it photographed wonderfully. I loved the finish and it made my skin look perfect. I am a makeup junkie and have tried Ysl, Armani, Burberry, Nars, MUFE, Mac and many other drugstore brands, but Perfection Lumiere is now my new HG foundation for special occasions since it is really expensive and a medium to full coverage foundation. I will still use my Ysl Touché éclat for everyday since its lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Looks flawless on. However would not use if my skin was not combination, its a bit on the dryer side.