April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by suripopje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loves it. I'm listed on MUA as combination type skin but in fact I'm more oily skintype, This means that everything with even a hint of dewyness is the enemy . This foundation finishes matte, very matte. If you have any type of dry patch on your skin it will emphasize this. For me it's perfect because dryness isn't an issue for me. Secondly the coverage is good and buildable without looking cakey. Also after having worn it for approximately three months my skin hasn't had any reactions to it (no break-outs etc.). The only thing I notice sometimes is that this foundation tends to oxydice and turn orange a bit. But since I set with a powder this balances the colour out and for me it's something I can work around. So thumbs up for this one

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by simplyashleyj

I've used this for about 6 months now and just recently I've not been impressed. I've found that all it does is highlight my dry patches no matter how much I moisturize which is a major no no. When it comes to keeping you shine free, I have more of combination skin so there's some oil, it needs an amazing primer AND setting power just to stay matte for an hour. The color was another issue. It doesn't match my skin like it says. It's way too light and there's no adjustment. Plus it's just not enough to cover scars. It's a good foundation if your skin looks good and is in great shape but I wouldn't recommend it for problem skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to finally try Mac and was disappointed. I would compare Matchmaster to many of the L'oreal or Revlon foundations I've tried: too heavy, too opaque, and not just makeuppy looking but unflattering. This stuff clung to every line, wrinkle and pore -- I was surprised it was supposedly a "high end" product.

When I want medium to full coverage it's back to Make Up Forever for me. I tried a Mac concealer and primer with this foundation and none of these three products can hold a candle to what has worked for me from MUFE.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by helenlynguyen

Matchmaster is my favorite foundation out of all Mac foundations. I have really oily skin, and although I still get oily, it's probably the only foundation that reduced it a bit. It's pretty lightweight and does not break me out. I think it's cool that it adjusts to your skin tone, I always have problems with finding my perfect shade. The thing that I don't like about it is that it oxidizes and I turn a little orange at times, but It's not too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TheGobbleWobble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got the foundation I loved it! I have really pale skin and my undertone is cool so I've had a really hard time finding a color that match my skintone. I got the one in 1.0 and the second time I got it I thought the color was a bit off and I noticed it started breaking me out. I have combination skin it's a bit of everything really and it did look nice on my skin but when products make me break out that's a deal breaker for me so sadly I don't think I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved everything about this foundation. I got the 1.0, which was a PERFECT match for my skin. I was thrilled that I had finally got a foundation that matched my skin. However, I broke out in cystic acne after a couple of days of wearing this product. I love it so much--it blended really well on my skin and wore very long. (The liquid foundation applied with the MAC 190 brush is just flawless.) The foundation doesn't love me back, so I had to return it. The search for the perfect foundation continues... :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use MAC studio fix fluid or studio sculpt (which I love) so I decided to try some thing new. The colour range is fantastic. I went to different MACs and was given different colour match's 1 said 8 and 3 said 7.5 (I wasn't testing MAC I just happened to be buying stuff in other counters and just asked) I got a sample of 7.5 and 8.....

I'm an NC50. I only have cool tones in my skin, so 8 was horrible and after waiting for it to oxidize my face looked red and the foundation looked really flat on the skin.

I tried the 7.5, that was much better, but again the foundation just looks really flat on the skin. I feel you have to really work to give the foundation life buy doing contouring, highlighting and concealing.

As time goes on and other makeup brands are bringing out new fantastic formula's, I feel That some of MAC foundations are so out dated! More companies are doing better colour ranges for woc, so MAC need to really up there game. Matchmaster is there newest foundation and its pretty much like studio fix fluid in a different bottle (mainly a pump you don't have to buy separately)

If you buy this product you will get a medium coverage, with a satin finish. The bottle comes with a built in pump, so you don't have to buy one, and it comes with quite a bit of product so it will last a while.

I'm not crazy about this foundation, but I can see why people like it. It's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by annkelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this last summer on the recommendation of a salesperson at MAC after telling her I had very oily skin and wanted lots of coverage.

Used it on an off for a few months and then decided I didn't like it at all. It was so hard to blend and just seemed to sit on top of my skin. It also got stuck in the dry patches and highlighted them like crazy. It went to the bottom of my makeup bag, where it's been since September.

In the meantime, I've been using Bourjois Healthy Mix, which I love beyond words. Makes my skin so dewy and fresh and is so easy to apply with fingers, a brush, whatever. But over the last few weeks the weather where I live (Asia) has started to become warm and really humid and the Healthy Mix is leaving my oily skin waaaay too dewy, even with a mattifier underneath.

So I pulled out the Matchmaster and decided to revisit it--and I'm finding it amazing. The difference? My skin is in ten times better condition than it was last summer.

My skin is now totally clear of blemishes (thanks to nightly use of Benzac) and super exfoliated (thanks to prescription retinol twice a week and weekly use of a lactic acid exfoliating mask). It's also much more hydrated. I'm also really, really, really working the foundation into my skin with a flat foundation brush, which makes a huge difference, and creates a beautiful satin finish.

So, I'd say if your skin is in good condition (pretty clear and well exfoliated), this is a great foundation. It's definitely not suitable for dry skin or skin with flaky or dry patches. It seems best for oily or combination skin and does keep the shine under control. I'll probably revert to Healthy Mix next fall, but looking forward to using the Matchmaster as weather gets warmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Great foundation. Went to MAC this past weekend, got my makeup done and the artist used this foundation and I was hooked! We found my color, was is 7.5 and it looks so good on me and my skin!! I don't like cake face makeup so it cover me pretty well. I think I have pretty nice skin so I don't use alot literally like one squirt on my stiffle brush and I am good to go!!
I have oily skin and I must say this foundation controls my oil!!! I am really amazed, I usually blot throughout the day if I look oily and I find myself not really blotting. Again I give this 5 lipsticks!!! I am hooked!! Yess kind of expensive, but its MAC of course they are over priced for somethings (but we as women we still buy them) lol ..and I think this bottle will last me forever cause I don't use alot of it at all. Overall my experience with this product has been good so far!!

xoxo #lipstickjunkie87

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing so many good things about this product, and Mac Foundations in general, I really wanted to like this product...Really.
But it just didn't live up to my expectations.
And no offence to some reviewers, but some of the most deceiving stuff written about this product is the coverage (which I'll explain in the 'Cons' section).

The Pros:
- Has a nice moisturising finish that I'd describe as semi-matte, perfect for many skin types, although I'd probably say the formulation would better suit dryer ladies.

- The shade range is IMPECCABLE! I got the lightest shade (1.0) and it probably matches me better than any single foundation/concealer I've ever owned. It truly lives up to it's 'Matchmaster' title in that sense.

- The packaging is sleek and practical, the sturdy glass bottle feels like it could survive my clumsy moments (i.e. a fall to the floor), and the pump is a great way to control the amount of product dispensed and do so in a hygienic fashion.

The Cons:
- The coverage is really poor! I really don't understand how it could be so lackluster, so many people wrote 'medium to full coverage'. Horseplop! It's medium - at best. And I truly mean that.
If you have some serious things to cover up (acne/acne scarring, like myself), you'll really need to step up your concealing when you apply this.

- The staying power isn't what I'd expect from Mac, at all. I was really disappointed that this started to have that flakey-and-wearing look after only 4 - 6 hours, and this is despite using a primer and setting with a setting spray.

I really want to like this, and I'll definitely keep trying it out in conjuction with different concealers and primers. Maybe I need to apply this with a sponge as opposed to a brush, or with my fingers? I'm not sure. But I nominated 'no' for repurchasing because at this point I don't have enough motivation to repurchase this.