August 1, 2014 | 1897 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation - it glides on easily and is a dream to blend, and the finish has got to be one of the most natural i've ever seen in a foundation. IM IN LOVE. I get oily on my nose and it did show through, so te oilier skins should be preparer to blot/powder once or twice a day. I think it's a small sacrifice for how totally NATURAL this foundation is. I know I keep repeating it but wow. I've tried a lot of foundations and this truly makes me look airbrushed, not painted. Coverage is medium buildable, shade range seems a little on tye yellow side so keep that in mind. Definitely get a tester and try it out, i love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a completely natural look this foundation is perfect. I was a bit nervous buying my first product (because it's sooo expensive!) but it was time for a change from my Pur Minerals and Cover FX powder foundation.
I am a 1.0 with this foundation and it 99% closely matching my skin. So I believe that MAC products has the ability to match any skin colour.

BTW, my face is dry and occasionally has pimples. I have minor scarring on my cheeks but this covers it up. Also, I apply this sometimes without a primer and it turns out great. However with primer, the results are much better.

Pros:
Covers any minor imperfections
Feels light
Easy to blend
Perfect finish
Does not smudge
Does not oxidize
Lasts all day

Cons:
The price...
Does not give FULL coverage (medium)
People say one pump can cover the entire face, I use 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by abao09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for the PERFECT foundation. I have extremely combination skin. Mostly oily. So oily I could scrape it off of my face and it would get all under my nails... Ew. Sorry had to give a vivid visual of how bad it is. Things I look for in foundation: coverage (medium-full), oil control (so many claim to be but they don't!), SPF, color match, blendable, travel friendly (small size and not leaky), pump. This has it ALL.

Overall rating: 5
- GREAT for oily skin
- LONG WEARING. SERIOUSLY.
- doesn't oxidize
- excellent color match for me
- mattifies & keeps you mattified for 14 hours
- not too matte, because of my oily skin it looked just under dewey (not out of control shine!)
-stays on for 14 hours (through dancing at a rave) changed from looking 100% to 95% that's STELLAR.
-helps hold up blush/bronzer (didn't fade very much)
- buildable coverage (1 layer for everyday, 2 layers for FULL coverage looking flawless!)
- easy to blend (I found it works best with a flathead kabuki)
- SPF is ALWAYS great!
- doesn't look cakey

Price: 3
- I bought mine for $33 (before tax) for 1.2 fl oz in California
- Not horrendous, but it is more than usual 1 oz
- GREAT price for package quality

Packaging Quality: 4
- Quality of packaging is great considering price
- LOVE the pump. 1 full pump is a little bigger than a "pea size amount"
- you can control how much product you want. It isn't a "1 full pump or nothing"
- LOVE how you can lock it so it doesn't pump by itself
- Glass is very thick
- Glass being thick causes it to be heavy/bulky
- I've seen an ounce of makeup in smaller packaging
- fits well in hand
- simple, shows shade, name, and amount of product

Foundations I've tried:
Chanel Aqualumiere
Sephora Loose Powder Foundation (They no longer sell this)
Loreal True Match (made me break out)
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (After one hour, I looked like a huge pored greaseball)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage
Tarte Maracuja Miracle 12 Hour Broad Spectrum
Loreal True Match Lumi
Bare Minerals Matte Foundatoin Broad Spectrum
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + (made me break out)
Makeup Forever Multiuse Powder Foundation

As you can see I went up and down with different brands/types of foundation/foundation for different skin.. After all of these Matchmaster is THE FOUNDATION.

Unforunately, it breaks me out in a couple crater like pimples. I am going to try it again hoping it was my hormonal time of the month. I'm pretty sure it was the foundation. I'll keep you all updated. But... Other than that. It is seriously perfect. I would suggest trying it out 100% to anyone who wants long wearing foundation. You don't have to retouch at all! And I am a retouching/blotting fiend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not the right foundation for me! The consistency is quite thick and slightly gloopy, and does not go on very nicely on my normal to dry skin. It settles in every dry patch, and looks so cakey on. I really dislike the smell, and I'm not normally bothered by smells, but both the consistency and the smell reminds me of paint. So I feel like I'm putting paint on my face every time I use this. The only way I can use it is to mix it with some moisturiser first, but it's still not great. Might be good for oily skin. Gives a rather matte finish, which I don't like much, because I think it looks too unnatural. And unflattering. Packaging is good and practical.

I bought this in a MAC store in Budapest after asking the MUA for a foundation for dry skin. This product is definitely NOT suited for dry skin, so feel kind of irked. Never buy foundation without doing "research" first, the girls in the store don't always know what they are talking about!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've very pale skin so looking for drugstore foundations that are my shade (in my country) it's quite a "mission impossible". But I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on Bobbi Brown, Nars, Estee Lauder... that's why I went for MAC.
I told the lady at the counter what I was looking for in foundation and suggested this one.
The consistency feels quite light and once you apply it on the skin it sets really quickly, with a powdery finish (you can even skip powder!).
The coverage is light to medium. Don't expect it to cover every blemish, every scar because it won't (that's what concealer is for, right?)
On me it barely oxidazes, which is good because you don't want to come back home after a long day to realize you look like an oompa loompa! lol
My shade is the lightest (1.0) and it's a bit pink on me so it's not my exact match.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MacNW45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok guys, if you are looking for a medium coverage foundation with a demi-matte finish...this one is THE one.
I am trying to put all my excitement and fangirl-ism aside so I can give you an objective review but it's really hard!

I got my MAC Matchmaster SPF15 in 9.0 and it matches me so perfectly, I mean it's like my skin in a bottle! It takes the best tone of my face and makes it my overall skin tone while hiding those darker spots in a VERY natural way (no cakey effect or "look at me I own a bottle of liquid foundation and I just used a LOT").
It's hard to tell that you have anything on at all, when I have it on people say "you are glowing!" not "which foundation are you using?". It's amazing. It is so light and airy, your face feels normal, no extra weight.
I never had to touch it up it doesn't fade away like some foundations do.

Again, this is a medium coverage foundation, if you try to put on more product in attempt to achieve a full coverage, your face will very quickly turn to a vivid orange!

The only con (and this really doesn't deserve a lippie off) is a little bit of transfer, on a napkin or a white pillow... but other than that, this product is amazing, I just got two more bottles (just in case my dear 9.0 is sold out!) and I am NOT buying any other foundation, I found mine!

YOU NEED TRY IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by PurpleLipstik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation! I'm a NW47 and a 9.0 in this foundation. It provides great coverage. It's not as thick as studio fix fluid. The bottle does come with a built-in pump so you won't waste any product. I set this foundation with my mineralize skin finish in deep dark and I'm ready to go! Highly recommend for dry skin, just moisturize really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by philipjfryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

NC15-NC20, normal/oily skin (but gets dehydrated easily), yellow/olive undertones
---
Okay, I have it in colour 2.0. Don't buy this, if you are on the lighter side of NC20, it's just quite dark, more for NC25-28 I'd say. Anyways, I can wear it. Usually mixing it with 180 revlon colorstay - i get perfeeeeeect match then. PERRRRFECT.
The 2.0 colour is quite orangey toned, definitely not pink or cool toned - good for us living in Springfield! (okay, just trying to be funny, hahahha)
The finish is quite matte, but after a while it can get shiny. Definitely needs to be set with powder. (well, who doesn't set a foundation with powder? -_-)

THE "MATCHMASTER" thing.. Well... No. I applied it on my NC10 hand and I just had orange line there. Waited for like 30 minutes and no, it maybe oxidized a bit and doesn't look that orange, but still doesn't match. Anyways, my mistake, I should buy the 1.5 probably.

Coverage is good medium - not too light or too heavy for everyday use. Just perfect for me.
Packaging is perfect - that's what I love about MAC. Okay, sounds weird. I just LOVELOVELOVE how their products look. Thanks god for the pump.
The consistency is quite dry... I mean... Not DRYING, but dry. When I swatch/apply my baby REVLON colorstay, it looks liquidy - watery a little while, this already goes on matte ... I don't know. The texture is just weird. Special. But blends nicely and is not too runny or thick.
Doesn't make some of my dry patches more visible, looks smooth, covers pores & redness & blemishes.

Okay, I live in Czech republic. I'm a student buying make-up with my own money. MAC is sooo expensive there. This foundation is about $46 here. That's a lot!
Will I repurchase? Probably not. It's a perfect foundation, there are just so many other ones that I want to try too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this is one of the better foundations the brand has to offer. I got a sample in shade 1.5 and I'm typically an NC20; it was a good match. It goes on very nicely and provides decent coverage. The only issue I have found with the product is that it accentuates flaky skin if you don't exfoliate.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DonDiva

Love the glass bottle, the pump Im in love with and the locking feature is wonderful. The product Im not so crazy about. The closest shade was 9.0 but Matchmaster failed to find my match. its thick, easy to cake ( not a good thing ) and easy to rub off!!!! all day i see "samples" on my paper work and clothing, and walls and doors... It encourages oil on my face.
The pro is its full coverage... but it covers everything.. blankets, seats, who ever I hug etc.... had to mix with drug store brand to cancel some of the orange and concoct what I call MatchMaker lol. Over-all I love my MAC products but this Matchmaster and I are not a match made in makeup heaven. :(
wont waste more money on another bottle of this.