November 26, 2014 | 953 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by keysgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this foundation for a few years (i moved to south florida and my old liquid was just sliding right off of my face...i know, eewwww) and just was reading some reviews on it that have been posted lately - here's a few points on it, IMHO -

* price-wise, i gave it a 5 -- i think it's comparable other foundations out there, it runs about $25 BUT if you love the line, then you know that BE puts a foundation in nearly every one of its kits/collections - i don't think that i have EVER actually bought the foundation on its own, when you avg out the price from the kits, its around $10 for a F/S foundation

* packaging got a 4 -- okay, shaker tops are not the greatest, but here's my trick - i keep the jar up-side down on my counter, there is a small amount that sticks to the lid, so when i open it i can swirl just that product in the lid w/ my brush

* color / tone options...there are 9 in total - someone said there were three, which is not true. a little bathroom chemistry will def get you to the right shade if you don't match one of the 9 dead-on

* concealer is still a must if you have scars/blemishes - remember, this is a foundation ladies : )

* other BE products like Prime Time primer, mineral veil, and bisque (the concealer) will def help with this foundation - every line out there has these equivelents

i gave an overall 4, b/c i haven't tried every foundation out there to tell you if this is the best - but i'm pretty sure it will be the last one that i need to try. i HTH those of you considering this product!! : )

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nellie1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everywhere I read or see on tv convinced me to try this even though I do not like the feeling of powder on my skin. I tried it and the color and look is lovely, but I hated the feeling of the powder and drying on my skin. I added some oil to it and it felt better but still wasn't satisfied. I'm glad most people like it as it seems to be pretty good for the skin, but alas, not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the bare minerals sample box for $15 at ULTA. It came with medium, medium beige, mineral veil, and a warmth trial and a baby brush. Medium was wayy too light for me but Medium beige is PERFECT! I would not use alone though bc Its too sheer coverage and I just think liquid foundation is better. I use my Almay TLC foundation in Honey and then I used my Bare Minerals Medium Beige to set it and then I use the mineral veil. I love the outcome of these products on my face. Very Natural and yet FULL COVERAGE! I do not like warmth by the way. And these trial sizes will probably last me for a very very long time. But I will definitley buy the full size later. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product to set liquid foundation. I initially wanted to use this product alone as a foundation, however it gives very light coverage and looks very cakey if you attempt to apply more. A lot of product comes in a jar, and it lasts a long time, but it's not great as a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my far superior to other mineral foundations. I have the best results with this and the color suits my skintone. Prior to using this I was using Everday Minerals semi-matte in buttered tan. Which is very affordable. After using it for a while I noticed that the coverage was pretty dull and it made my skin look a little sallow and dry. I finally decided to give bare minerals a try because everyone who I knew that used it always seemed to have amazing skin.

Medium Beige works perfectly for my skin tone, and using it with mineral veil gives me a luminous healthy glow. I have extremely sensitive skin (eczema) and this didn't seem to make me break out, or have a flare up on my face. It is a little expensive especially with the mineral veil (I am struggling student). Luckily, I don't have to use that much so it'll probably last me a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by javax27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE BM! I used it once before a couple years back, but found that it did not look so good on me. I think the reason was that my skin was much drier and it looked caked on and flaky. The coverage was also not enough for me at the time.

But fast forward couple years to now, I decided to give it another shot since one of my gfs was using it too and it looked great on her. Good going for me! I guess my skin got better or something because BM looked great. I use only a little bit and it evens out my skintone. Coverage is exactly how I like it, very light, so I would say you have to have pretty nice skin to use it. I use Prescriptives camouflage cream as concealer topped with BE's Mineral Veil. Love it! I have normal to combination skin, oily around t-zone. I use oil blotting sheets once a day with BE. I find it keeps the oil away quite well. Downside is that there's not much range of colors. Medium beige is actually a little light on me, but I like it that way, so no complains there from me. But not everyone likes it that way. I would definitely buy this product again. I think this and MAC Studio Fix would be my HG foundations as of right now. Definitely something I would go back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Miffny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using BE now for 6 months as I a Woman in my late 40's I was sick of liquids settling in fine lines or worse irritating my sensitive skin.
I tried some in a salon & was not impressed at first as the beauty therapist literally stacked the kabuki brush full so it appeared thick ,I asked to have my face cleansed so I could apply some myself, I am so glad I did as I used tiny amounts to build up a nice coverage even under my eyes it did not settle in any fine lines.I did have to use more on where I have pigmentation.
I use a mixture of Medium Beige (2N) and Light as Medium Beige alone can appear slightly pink on my already pinkish skin, so I may have to tweak the mix soon with something with more yellow/gold undertones.

I can never go back to a liquid foundation again I had tried a few Mineral Make-ups and to be honest none can compare with Bare Escentuals even though it is awfully pricey here in Australia $80.00 for 9grams it is a luxury I cannot go without, my skin looks so even naturally glowy and not at all made up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mahjab

Best foundation I've used. It doesn't look cakey at all. I have acne prone skin so I don't have to worry about BE making my skin look dry. I don't use it too much because I'm not crazy e used about wearing foundation every day, but I love it for special occasions. The other foundation I've used before and liked was MAC Studio Fix compact and I liked that too. But BE has better coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

woah, I bought this yesterday in the starter kit wore it last night to a 21st and am neither sold or hate it. Here's the deal I'm a MAC NC40 so I got this in medium, the difference between this and say my MAC or Chanel makeup is BE sat on top of my skin I have a few little tiny holes on my face (scars) and instead of the powder filling it in it sat around the scars so the tiny holes on my faces became NOTICEABLE. Second there isn't a huge choice of color for the foundation - you're either 1, 2 or 3. The color range isnt going to work for everybody. I HATE my powder being too pale (making you look even paler in photos) or too dark. So I find I have to add bronzer for color. The good thing about it is yes its mineral and good for your skin but if women have been wearing non mineral makeup for years and have found them to work what difference is mineral going to do? We either smoke, eat bad, go drinking every weekend , dont eat enough fruit or vegetables so seriously I dont see how wearing mineral makeup is going to make that much of a difference to our lives...

I'm going to say Yes to would I buy this product again because it's not TERRIBLE but it isn't HG. I also hate shaker top jars because it's a pain trying to guess how much product you need and you either get too little or too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Berriesbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually can't wear foundations, but BE is one of the few that I can with out breaking out. It tends to be drying on the face, so you have to put on good moisturizer before hand to prime your face first.