October 30, 2014 | 1864 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by marssa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've used many Lancome mascaras and this has to be the most disappointing one. It lengthens fairly much and thickens little to none. No oomph-effect here. You'll also easily get tarantula lashes if you're not careful with the IMO weird conical brush.
The packaging is beautiful although too "curvy" for my taste.
All in all an ok everyday mascara if you're not looking for the false lashes-look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lancome is justifiably famous for their mascaras but for me this misses the mark.

The price was about the same as the other Lancome mascaras...mid $30 range in Canada.
The package is a standard black tube with a thick, bushy brush.
The effect was not as unique as I had hoped. It goes on thick and black and does widen out my lashes. Whether that is a 'doll lash' look is debateable. I already have dark, thick lashes, so perhaps the effect is more noticeable on those with thinner lashes.
The formula is very thick and does goop and clump if I am not VERY careful.
I found that this formula flaked by mid afternoon. This is the first time that has happened to me with a mascara! It is annoying and embarrassing and enough of a reason right there for me not to repurchase. But it continues...
Lancome scents many of their products with their signature rose scent. I don't mind it but it is very noticeable in this mascara. Story: I was on Navy training and put this on in a bathroom in a very scent free environment. Some of the guys walked by the bathroom and commented on my 'perfume'. That's how strong the scent is! I don't particularly mind that, but some might.
I think I will go back to my old standy, Hypnose Drama, and leave the Doll Lashes alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pro:
- seperates the lashes
- gives the long lash effect
- waterproof
- gat packaging

Cons:
- expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by starpantgirl

I'm not a big mascara person but I wanted to wear some on my wedding day with my fake lashes. So basically a month before my wedding I was trying every mascara brand within reach to find the perfect waterproof mascara. All of them were a fail (Cover Girl, Urban Decay, Dior, etc) because it was summer and the ones I would try either ran from the heat or me crying from watching sad movies. 2 days before my big day I finally decided to try this mascara. I actually didn't test run this cause I didn't have the time. But the day of my wedding as I was walking down the aisle crying my eyes, a miracle happened. I did not have raccoon eyes. So I know if I ever need mascara again. This is going to be my go to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by emalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is lovely. It makes my lashes long, separate and really pretty... you may even say doll like!! There is one catch, you have to use an eyeleash curler (I have a shu uemera and I heat mine) otherwise my lashes droop. But overall it is gorgeous and you can't feel it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is everything I look for in a mascara! It volumizes, separates and extends. My lashes are teeny tiny, so I try to find one that can make me look like I've naturally full lashes without making them overly dramatic.

It's not waterproof, but quite long-lasting, especially with the clis booster.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best mascara I ever tried. The tapered brush is exactly what I always wanted in a mascara wand, the formula is thin and smells like roses. Lashes are dry almost instantly, and don't feel heavy. The most impressive thing about this mascara is how buildable it is without clumping so it is absolutely ideal for a quick touch up before office drinks and it looks fresh and light as though you applied it for the first time. The important thing for me is that it leaves lashes soft and flexible and fan- like. I think people who give this mascara bad reviews like that cement lashes look that actually does nothing to enhance your lashes, only makes them brittle and prone to breaking/falling out when removing make up. Sure you might see a bit of flaking at the end of a long day, but I think people are forgetting this is a mascara- not a miracle. No make up product is going to look as fresh 16 hours after application as it did at the start, make peace with that.

Great product, I've received numerous compliments since switching to this, don't be swayed by people's ridiculous expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a hypnose user for years...untill this one came out..its wonderful. I have light fine lashes and this gives me lots of length, def and volume without making a mess. Love the evergreen tree shaped brush too

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by LambdaJuuichi

I actually really like this mascara, it volumizes and lengthens without clumping my lashes whatsoever. No spidery lashes at all! But like everyone else here says, it doesn't keep my straight lashes curled for as long as I would like; which is really sad because I love this mascara so much.
I wouldn't repurchase again just because of the staying power and the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

Boo. I wanted to like this, as I use Lancome Definicils. The mascara actually went on better than Definicils, in that in didn't clump as much and looked natural while giving me the guaranteed "wide-eyed look." It didn't hold my curl, though, and when I re-curled my lashes they stayed put but the mascara flaked off. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror later and had become a raccoon. Definicils goes on a bit clumpy but stays on without flaking... the search for an HG mascara continues.