Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 9/14/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for around two months.
1. It works much better with primer underneath (I use Tarte primer)
2. I bought the matching brush and hated the finish it gave
3. It's very thick and however you apply it, dampen the applicator first
4. No matter what this looks quite thick and obviously is foundation - avoid using under eyes
5. My hyper sensitive skin was never irritated by this
6. It has great lasting power
7. It's really good for neutralizing redness

Overall this has pros and cons - I think my overall impression is neutral. I keep using it because my sensitive skin likes it.

on 9/12/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I really wanted to like this foundation. I love the absence of bad ingredients, that there's SPF and that it's meant for oily skin. But I find that you have to use a lot of product to get this foundation to spread and I know it's probably because it's clay-based. So, it's thick. However, it doesn't feel thick on your face, which was surprising.

Unfortunately, the color is very bizarre. I purchased "light sand" for warmer skin tones. I was actually color matched to light beige, after I very specifically told the girl at Sephora that I cannot have a pink-toned foundation, and she matched me to light beige... which says "pink undertones". I bought light sand anyway to go for a more yellow foundation... but it's still too pink. If you have olive or yellow skin in any way, don't buy this foundation. It looked fine for 60 seconds, but when it oxidized it turned into a beige/pink color. Putting the matching powder on made the pink colors even worse.

Such a bummer. I will be returning the foundation and the powder, and probably get a Lancome foundation since they're great with yellow tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation it gave me good coverage and surprisingly better than a lot more than high end products. I have oily and acne prone skin. This product provided me with the coverage I need plus a nice matte finish. And also dident make me break out. Exactly what I was looking for. Defiantly would buy again! :)

on 9/7/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was talked into this from the girl at sephora for my oily skin. I have never used a clay foundation before but I thought I would give it a try. It goes on nicely but after a few hours I was oily in certain spots and dry in others. Not worth the price.

I have sensitive skin, that changes between dry and slightly oily t-zone to normal.. Love it. Goes on easily, evenly and gives medium but build able coverage.

on 9/7/2014 10:39:00 AM

This was the first high end foundation I have purchased and I was so excited to try it but I was sorely disappointed. I have oily skin that is sometimes acne prone, and I can't get this foundation to give me the coverage I need. This foundation is not full coverage as it claims, and it doesn"t last 12 hours either.

Alone or with a primer it starts slipping a little off my face by the fourth hour.
The only way I can get it to last all day is by using a setting spray (Urban decay's All Nighter). Even then, it has a dewey almost oily look to it. When I am done I will not repurchase again, but try to find a better foundation..

Got this in a gift tracel kit and was very excited to try this. Goes on very nicely and gives a nice sheen but it doens't last on me at all. Gets very patchy during the day and this is the only foundation that does that on me. Would't recommend at all and i'm very happy i got to try it first!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this foundation, however, I feel like I cant wear it every day or my oily acne prone skin will get clogged. It has a light whipped texture and provides good coverage.

on 9/4/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation I have oily acne prone skin and honestly this stuff is so nice. Excellent coverage light weight foam touch and goes on effortlessly used coverfx for years. I have tried tons of expensive concealers foundations. With this I dont even need concealer. Lastly I rearly break out thanks to this miracle. Love!

on 9/2/2014 9:54:00 AM

I have the weirdest skin - oily t-zone, dry around my mouth & chin, normal on my cheeks and blemish prone all over. I'd been using BM foundation for forever and felt just okay about it, I really just kept using it out of convienence rather than because I really liked it. While waiting for a hair appointment, I decided to browse the local Sephora and found this foundation. Everyone raves about it so I figured I'd try it. I tried the sample in the store, liked it enough to purchase and then actually used it this morning. I get to work at 630AM and it never fails that by 9AM I can see the makeup sitting on top of my forhead and I'm all oily. However, this morning upon my usual inspection, I found that my makeup still looks natural, I'm not oily at all, and I actually look pleasant - which is a huge shocker with my usual lack of sleep. I used this foundation over Tarte's brightening primer and I think I've found a new makeup routine!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom