Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 2/1/2015 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had been using Maybelline's Fit Me liquid foundation for months, and wanted to try a high-end, more expensive foundation that was full coverage. An employee at my local Ulta suggested this product to me, as it was a full coverage foundation with an SPF for my fair skin. I purchased the Ivory shade and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I was sooo excited about this foundation. I used Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel moisturizer and Too Faced HangoveRx primer underneath this, hoping that it would smooth out like butter on my skin. This foundation made my skin feel like the moisture had been sucked out of it. It would cling to dry patches and create its own dry patches on my forehead and around my mouth. I have never felt my skin feel so tight and dry, and my skin is oily in the T zone. I will admit that this foundation along with BareMinerals original powder foundation over it lasted until I got off of work after an 8 hour shift. I was a teensy bit oily in my T zone, but not nearly as much as I was when I would use Fit Me & BareMinerals powder. This foundation is not a full coverage foundation with one application. You need to layer this foundation in order for it to hide redness or use a concealer for blemishes. This foundation also makes blemishes stand out, which is the opposite of what we're all trying to achieve. I'm sure with the right primer, this foundation is magical. However, I do not really care for it. I'll use it until it runs out and try a new foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a beautiful feel but does not last throughout the day. With primer, translucent powder and the works it just doesn't stay. Great for an event lasting 1-4 hours but don't count on it past that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love it but didn't work out on my skin. Made my imperfections look worse. It's great but not for me.

on 1/20/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation which I like, but it whites me out and makes me look like a ghost in pictures. I heard about this foundation and I had to try it. First of all, it's very pricey. I think with tax it came out to about $40.68. Second, it claims to be a full coverage foundation. I happen to have acne and several acne scars, so I know a good full coverage foundation when I see one, and this one is not. The rimmel foundation covers waaaay better. Third, this foundation just does not go on the skin well. I usually use a brush to apply foundation and it just doesn't blend/spread out on the skin well at all. I will probably just use this one since I spent money on it and then go back to rimmel. I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 1/19/2015 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been wanting to try a high end foundation, so I asked someone at Sephora about foundations suitable for oily skin. I was recommended this one, and I was color matched to the shade Light Sand. I got a sample and tried it off and on whenever I needed something with higher coverage. I apply this with my fingers and it blends perfectly into my skin. It's not super thick like the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, which is my favorite drugstore foundation. However, the Tarte foundation did hold up pretty well with my super oily skin. It's not 100% humidity proof, but I was satisfied, and it didn't break me out, either.

I just bought the full size, and I can say that it's worth the $38. I won't be using this all the time, but if I need high coverage with a non-shiny finish, I will definitely be reaching for this foundation.

on 1/18/2015 12:10:00 PM

I live in a province in canada with an insane tax rate so i got this for 60$ and it is worth every penny.i have pretty oily skin but my nose and inbetween my eyebrows can get flaky but still oily lol and it doesnt cling on to those flaky patches. Its a nice demi matte finish and its blends so well with a beautyblender and the f80. Its on the thicker side but feels so lightweight.

on 1/17/2015 11:33:00 PM

I fell in love with this foundation the second I put it on. My skin looked amazing and I felt radiant with it on. I have pretty smooth, oily skin. I used a brush to apply, and it went on evenly, not streaky. The formula is nice, actually clay like, not too liquidly, not too thick. No overbearing smell either. I really like the easy squeeze packaging. My foundation has lasted a crazy long time, even after an intense nap and no primer. I even noticed my blush and highlight seemed more vibrant somehow. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/15/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has changed my life- it is the only foundation that stays on my 67-year-old skin. Everything else just disappears no matter what! (Where to I have never figured out.)
Also, I find this foundation to be very calming to my usually acutely sensitive, easily irritated, previously frequently itchy and reddened skin.
It is an expensive initial purchase but a little goes a long way, and I do not need to touch up during the day which saves all around.
Very happy I gave this unusual product a chance

on 1/14/2015 7:51:00 PM

This foundation is INCREDIBLY smooth to apply...it felt like silk on my skin, and blended beautifully, didn't dry me out or accentuate flakes.

Unfortunately I can't speak to how well it lasts over time, because the palest shade was still too dark and too yellow for my NW05 skintone. It would probably match an NC10-15 well, though. I would highly recommend for those skintones.

on 1/13/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Ulta expecting to buy It CC cream but couldn't find anything close to a match. I picked this up simply because it's in a tube and I found my shade. Expectations were low and I almost returned it when I read some of the reviews here. Fortunately, one reviewer mentioned adding moisturizer to it and that's how I started. All told, I use this 3 ways:

1. As a tinted moisturizer: mixed with moisturizer and slathered on. Evens out the skin tone and provides a good base for powder foundation. I'm still working on the perfect ratio of moisturizer to foundation but will probably use it this way during the heat of summer.

2. Using the Gossmakeupartist makeup trick where powder is dusted on before foundation. I wore this for a full week, the whole time expecting my skin to flake or for dry patches to appear because the makeup sets so completely to a dry, satin finish but it never happened. I use an orangey powder to correct dark areas on the powder layer before I apply the foundation with a Beauty Blender. Pore concealing, bullet-proof coverage.

3. Mixed with an illuminator (Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid or Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector*) and applied with a Beauty Blender. LOVE the finish, which is like your-skin-but-better, especially with Becca Opal. This is my current 10 minute face routine. Love it.

It is thick and can be built up to full on cakeface. However, dab it on in layers with a damp sponge and you've got skin. I use this the same way I use Cover FX, which is to apply it as a concealer first, then do my makeup layer with the BB. Applied the normal way (foundation then powder) it does not disguise my gi-normous pores completely but a dusting of loose setting powder, with or without a primer, does blur them quite satisfactorily. During the day I use blotting sheets for my t-zone and touch up any skimpy areas with my Cover FX compact. This foundation is a keeper.

*Regretfully, I am returning Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector after reading the ingredients and finding parabens, mineral oil and petrolatum. Unbelievable for a premium European product... Anyway the Stila illuminator in the bronze color complements my skin beautifully and I will continue to use it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom