August 27, 2014 | 1821 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Harnetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara, it makes my eyelashes super long and defined!! It is very build-able and curls your eyelashes as well as lengthens. The only thing is that It can clump quite easily if you apply more mascara on already dry mascara. It stays on really well though. Overall a great mascara only a little pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by janeb123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only problem is the price...love how crazy it makes my eyelashes look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Pretty good stuff.. Seperated & lengthens. Only con is it leaves your lashes sort of hard and can appear flaky.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, they're real! They're REALly clumpy, crispy, overpriced, tacky, spidery, sticky... Not for me, thank you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

4.5 stars-rating dropped because of the price.
Like it and will repurchase. To begin with, I've been wearing Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama for a few years, after switching from DiorShow and LashBlast (and trying a bunch of losers in between)…so needless to say, I like big lashes and I daresay, I run the line of "clumpy" most days…natural lash looks ain't my thang. I like Black Drama and recommend it, but the reasons I've made the switch is that They're Real doesn't have a fibrous look, it holds curl better and looks freshly applied much longer. I don't care either way about the plastic brush with short bristles...I'm sure when this mascara came out, it was a big deal, but they've been around long enough now that it's no shocker anymore. Anyway, let me tell you what I like:

-I get big lashes…more length than volume though.
-Formula is smooth: no fibrous, "hairy" look to the lashes.
-Quick application. A few sweeps and my lashes are to my satisfaction. (God, I remember I used to spend 10 minutes applying LashBlast alone!)
-Easily buildable
-No flaking or smudging on my oily skin and sweat-dripping summer activities or impromptu rain showers. Unreal.
-Holds curl all day, unheard of for me.
-Packaging. The metallic tube maybe not be as sleek as super HE brands, but I'm happy to have a breather from the gaudy orange and purple tubes from the drugstore.

CONS:
-The price. $23 is pretty steep. I'd agree with $15…maybe.
-Takes a while to dry
-Lashes don't feel soft when I touch them, they're kind of crispy.
-Can get clumpy very quickly if you're not careful.

MY LASHES:
Fine, dense, slightly longer than average and blonde.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

I know it is hugely popular, and in truth, it is a nice mascara..but to me, it isn't as good as other reviewers indicate..it clumps a bit, doesn't make my lashes longer, thicker yes...there are in my opinion better choices out there..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sue52175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

fantastic! I can't say enough about this mascara. makes my lashes 100% longer and no clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Binney

Coming from a mascara junkie, the following statement should mean a lot to you; this mascara is the best I've ever tried, hands down. It curls, thickens, lengthens, doesn't clump, and gives you a nice fake lash feel. It makes lashes look beautiful and fanned out when applied. The application process is easy and quick. The wand reaches every corner right down to the root and the formula is dark and gives you a beautiful smoky look. Absolutely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Does a decent job of volumizing and giving some length. Packaging doesn't take up a lot of space in my organizer. (You know I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for pros when I'm saying this. lol)

CONS: I feel this is so ordinary. I think the name is very misleading. This feels like it just looked really meh unless you build coats, but then it gets clumpy quick.

ALTERNATES: Cover Girls' Remarkable and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable. I also like Miliani's Runway Lashes (and just cover it with Clarins to make it "more" waterproofed.)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Pinkkjewels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was super excited to try this out because I've read and watched so many great reviews, but I hate how this works on my lashes. The brush is very nice (be careful- I can totally see how someone can easily stab their eye with it), but the formula is WAY too wet for me. My lashes didn't get longer they just got very wet and stuck together. I really wish this would've worked! If you know that mascaras on the more watery side don't work with you then do NOT even try this.