April 16, 2014 | 1958 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JesdicaSofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a free sample of this mascara and I'm glad I didn't spend any $$. I hate it and I'm usually easy to please. The brush is uncomfortable the formula is a bit wet but applies dryish???? its similar to revlon3D máscara from the drugstore and I get better results with the latter. Every time I decide to give it one more chance I find myself reaching for the tissues. for me, this did NOT work.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially had a sample size of this mascara and fell in love with how black and thick it made my sparse Asian eyelashes look. However when I bought a full sized tube, after a couple of uses I noticed how sticky and wet the mascara actually is. I'm the type of person who curls my lashes, puts on a coat, curls them again and applies a final coat along with a final curl at the end if necessary. The combination of my mascara routine and the sticky/tackiness of this mascara was a recipe for DISASTER....I RIPPED OUT 3-4 OF MY LASHES all at once and was left with a gap in my lashes. You can probably guess what I did with the mascara after....return to ULTA!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am always on the hunt for a good mascara, as I have sparse short, hard to work with eyelashes. This mascara takes some practice and getting used to, there's a technique to use it to get voluminous thick eyelashes hence the different wand but I love it, it's not badly priced either, I found towards the end of my first tube it was a little bit drying up, but I'm on my second tube and use it everyday, definitely one of the best mascaras i've used by far that doesn't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product best mascara about defiantly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by volcanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I already have pretty long lashes (or that's what a lot of people told me) and I didn't think it would actually add any lenght at all. I was surprised! This mascara is one of the best I have ever used and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by avanderkruyk

I really love the look of this mascara, and appreciate the end of the wand which makes the hard to reach places easier to apply. My main issue is how difficult it is to remove. Even using Lancome makeup remover, it never all comes off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of They're Real from ULTA for free. Thanks, friends! At first, I used it as my daily mascara. Didn't love it. Here's why:

1. Really wet, messy application. Probably not as much for people with a steady hand.
2. Very thick, borderline clumpy.

I love natural-looking eyelashes, so I thought this product and I were not meant for each other.

Then I started using it only on the eyelashes at the outer corner of my eye. Entirely different story. Using this mascara paired with a more natural mascara on the rest of my eye gave me a doll-like appearance. It was just enough wow for me.

Granted, coating four eyelashes isn't worth an entire tube of this mascara. But if you're going for a dramatic and not-too-realistic eye, go for it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a bit of a mascara junkie and mostly only ever use drugstore mascaras. I usually have about 3 I'm using at once to try them out in search of the best mascara for me. I heard about how amazing the Benefit mascara was and decided to finally give in and try it. Unfortunately, I am another one of those people this mascara does not work for.

I have short, light, straight lashes that usually don't cooperate with a lot of mascaras. I look for something that gives me a little volume at the base of my lashes and keeps the curl so my lashes are noticeable against my eye makeup. The Benefit mascara took the curl right out of my lashes and they stuck straight out again. My lashes felt heavy and the formula was super wet on my lashes taking forever to dry and transferring all over my eye area. I gave this mascara a good 2 months, hoping that maybe the tube was just new and it would "break in" a little but that wasn't the case at all.

I would like to point out that I have seen this mascara work for people who have long, naturally curled lashes. I thought my friend was wearing falsies (and I can pick the out a mile away) in a photo she posted on Instagram and that is what made me give in and try the mascara for myself. So if you have long lashes you still may want to give this a shot. If you have short straight lashes like mine I think its probably a good idea to not waste your money (and probably try the L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes mascara which actually worked for me).

I do like the packing - it is super sleek and the wand is great with the extra option on the end for your bottom lashes. It is super expensive, when I can find mascaras in the drugstore that do the job for me for $10 a tube! For a product you are only going to use for 3 months, it is not worth the money in my opinion (if you have lashes like mine).

I won't be purchasing this again, and I'm probably turned off high end mascaras for a long time. If you would like to see my comparison blog post with this product and the L'Oreal mascara, please visit my blog (link in my profile).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not something extraordinary for all this hype about it. Expensive, very difficult to remove even with an oil based remover and the brush is so plastic-hard that you have to be really carefull not to hurt your lid, something not so easy when you are in a hurry for you work early in the morning :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my "go to" mascara! I have used MAC zoomlash for years, then when I tried this first as a sample, I said Oh yes, I need you in my life, so low and behold, I restock every other month on this, the applicator is the bomb and makes my lashes look like falsies~