August 1, 2014 | 1147 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this cleanser was very good in terms of:
-removing makeup
-gentle around eyes
-removing dirt and oil
-gentle foam texture which i liked
however it didn't do too much for breakouts:
-didn't clear or reduce breakouts significantly

overall, a good cleanser for dry or sensitive skin, but not an acne cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by tangerbite

I normally can't use drugstore cleansers because they always make me break out really bad. I've been searching for a basic cheap cleanser to get the oil off of my face, and I love Aveeno's body lotion so I decided to try their face washes, and sure enough, it didn't break me out, this bottle lasted me almost a whole year!

My friend tried it and she did get a dry spot but she doesn't have oily skin like I do. SO, maybe this works better for oily skin types? I however really liked it, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight, just clean and fresh. It also does a great job at taking off makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by oznolacx3s

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My cousin bought me this cleanser to help out my acne prone skin, and so i thought that this might help a bit to reduce the redness of my skin. Anyway i used it for a day or two and it made my skin irritated and more of my acne came out. It became really itchy and sore after a while so i stopped watching it, for my own opinion its a no no to my skin and i wouldn't try it out again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, Aveeno products are great for what they do, which is soften and subtly brighten the skin with the soy extracts. Fine, but I'm not holding my breath for the results. This is a basic cleanser with not enough Sal. Acid to really penetrate, imo. I do apply it in the shower sometimes and treat it as a masque while I shower. When it gets to the tingle stage, I rinse it off. It does soften the skin and clears away dirt and oil. I would imagine a pre-teen or teen would get a better results with this than someone with older skin. The packagin keeps it sanitary and dispenses without clogging etc. I use about 2-3 pumps and apply it to my throat and décolleté as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I really like this facial cleanser. I get super oily skin in the spring and summer months and so far this is really helping my skin out. Using this 2x a day in the am and pm has really controlled the oilyness a lot! Another plus too is that I have not had any breakouts in months while using this. This is a keeper in the spring and summer months for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that I see quite a few bad reviews...but then again that will happen if one does not use a product long enough. It is usually suggested that you should try a product for at least 3-4 weeks before claiming it does not function what so ever. This product yes originally gave me some acne, which is troublesome for a person who does not normally have break outs all that often. But then thinking about it, this product was getting everything out of my pores. After 2 and a half to 3 weeks, my skin was completely clear.

Having super dry and acne prone skin makes it extremely difficult to find a cleaner. Everything would make my skin so tight it would hurt, which made matters even worse. But things that tend to be for dry skin, don't work for acne sufferers, so it was quite a conundrum. This is one of the first I have come across that does not strip my skin of the moisture, but still keeps the acne at bay.

Its been over a year later, and my skin is still completely blemish free. I'm also surprised how long the bottles have lasted, the pump dispenses the perfect amount. I think it has lasted a good 3-4 months with 2 times daily usage. If you have a bad pump, know that it is a malfunction, I had one bottle like that and it drove me completely bonkers.

I tried almost everything before I got to this cleanser, from Fresh, Philosophy, Clinique, Shisheido, Neutrogena and beyond, this is by far the best for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by linet182

This cleanser is horrible! I bought it about 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try something different. Aveeno products usually work well for me, but this product unfortunately was horrible. I feel like it caused a lot of white heads, especially around my nose... And it's supposed to prevent acne, this product made me break out like crazy. I have small acne on my chin and I also have a a few larger ones on my forehead (which I didn't have before). I can't believe it was this horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rebs89

I did not like anything about this product. I returned it after using it two times. I used it mainly to clean my nose and chin because of the salicylic acid that is supposed to help clear white heads black heads. Well two days later I have a pimple on the side of my nose and on my chin. Hmmm I wonder what could have caused the breakouts?? I will stick my my benzoyl peroxide for existing pimples and try something else for a face wash.

Edit: And I don't care what people say about waiting 3-4 weeks until this works. If I break out from it, I am staying away. thats that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I was very pleased that this was a foaming cleanser (since I have combination-oily skin). The biggest complaint I have is that it only lasted me for about 1-2 months. I'm not really sure why .... maybe because it's foam? But everytime I used it, I had to use 3 pumps for it to actually feel like I was putting something on my face. Anything less than that, It felt like I was just rubbing water on my face. So for a cleanser to last for about 1-2 in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous.
But other than that, I felt like it did prevent break outs but it took a long time for it to actually clear it up beforehand. But once my face was doing better and didn't have much acne, I must admit this did a good job at preventing any future breakouts. Since it only contains .5% salicylic acid, I feel like this is a super gentle cleanser, which is good because then I'm giving my face a break from harsh chemicals from other acne treating cleansers. This cleanser did not over dry my skin and after cleansing, my skin felt soft and very clean.
I would probably repurchase this in the future when my skin is doing well and is clear just for a gentle cleanser. However, if I was trying to clear my skin of breakouts, I probably won't repurchase this particular cleanser to do the job. I do feel like this is good for people with oily and/or sensitive skin. Overall, I am pleased with this cleanser and would repurchase this depending on the condition of my skin at the moment. Also, I wish the formula was a bit more soap-ier, if that makes any sense (so I wouldn't have to use 3 pumps each time)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by GoMelissa12

This product was awful to my face! It made it so dry. :(