April 16, 2014 | 1818 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this facial cleanser. I get super oily skin in the spring and summer months and so far this is really helping my skin out. Using this 2x a day in the am and pm has really controlled the oilyness a lot! Another plus too is that I have not had any breakouts in months while using this. This is a keeper in the spring and summer months for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that I see quite a few bad reviews...but then again that will happen if one does not use a product long enough. It is usually suggested that you should try a product for at least 3-4 weeks before claiming it does not function what so ever. This product yes originally gave me some acne, which is troublesome for a person who does not normally have break outs all that often. But then thinking about it, this product was getting everything out of my pores. After 2 and a half to 3 weeks, my skin was completely clear.

Having super dry and acne prone skin makes it extremely difficult to find a cleaner. Everything would make my skin so tight it would hurt, which made matters even worse. But things that tend to be for dry skin, don't work for acne sufferers, so it was quite a conundrum. This is one of the first I have come across that does not strip my skin of the moisture, but still keeps the acne at bay.

Its been over a year later, and my skin is still completely blemish free. I'm also surprised how long the bottles have lasted, the pump dispenses the perfect amount. I think it has lasted a good 3-4 months with 2 times daily usage. If you have a bad pump, know that it is a malfunction, I had one bottle like that and it drove me completely bonkers.

I tried almost everything before I got to this cleanser, from Fresh, Philosophy, Clinique, Shisheido, Neutrogena and beyond, this is by far the best for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by linet182

This cleanser is horrible! I bought it about 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try something different. Aveeno products usually work well for me, but this product unfortunately was horrible. I feel like it caused a lot of white heads, especially around my nose... And it's supposed to prevent acne, this product made me break out like crazy. I have small acne on my chin and I also have a a few larger ones on my forehead (which I didn't have before). I can't believe it was this horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rebs89

I did not like anything about this product. I returned it after using it two times. I used it mainly to clean my nose and chin because of the salicylic acid that is supposed to help clear white heads black heads. Well two days later I have a pimple on the side of my nose and on my chin. Hmmm I wonder what could have caused the breakouts?? I will stick my my benzoyl peroxide for existing pimples and try something else for a face wash.

Edit: And I don't care what people say about waiting 3-4 weeks until this works. If I break out from it, I am staying away. thats that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I was very pleased that this was a foaming cleanser (since I have combination-oily skin). The biggest complaint I have is that it only lasted me for about 1-2 months. I'm not really sure why .... maybe because it's foam? But everytime I used it, I had to use 3 pumps for it to actually feel like I was putting something on my face. Anything less than that, It felt like I was just rubbing water on my face. So for a cleanser to last for about 1-2 in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous.
But other than that, I felt like it did prevent break outs but it took a long time for it to actually clear it up beforehand. But once my face was doing better and didn't have much acne, I must admit this did a good job at preventing any future breakouts. Since it only contains .5% salicylic acid, I feel like this is a super gentle cleanser, which is good because then I'm giving my face a break from harsh chemicals from other acne treating cleansers. This cleanser did not over dry my skin and after cleansing, my skin felt soft and very clean.
I would probably repurchase this in the future when my skin is doing well and is clear just for a gentle cleanser. However, if I was trying to clear my skin of breakouts, I probably won't repurchase this particular cleanser to do the job. I do feel like this is good for people with oily and/or sensitive skin. Overall, I am pleased with this cleanser and would repurchase this depending on the condition of my skin at the moment. Also, I wish the formula was a bit more soap-ier, if that makes any sense (so I wouldn't have to use 3 pumps each time)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by GoMelissa12

This product was awful to my face! It made it so dry. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I used to use this years ago when I was having problems with adult acne. Thankfully my skin is pretty clear now but when I used this product I was very happy with it. My 17-year-old son now uses this cleanser and really likes it. It is the only cleanser he will use. It clears his small amounts of breakouts very nicely when used along with Stridex pads. I would recommend this to anyone with acne because it works without drying the skin. Will repurchase this for my son again and again, until he moves out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by zozofosho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this product because I wanted a face wash that would control acne (more as a prevention technique). I liked the foam, and I felt like it was cleaning my face. It seemed to remove most of my makeup, but not all.
The biggest issue I have with this product is about a week into using it I broke out all over. I didn't realize it was the wash so I kept using it for about another 3 weeks and my face was not looking any better. I could literally see the clogged pores that were showing up. I haden't had acne this bad in years.
I've since switched cleaners, and my face is looking better. I also noticed that it has a very small amount of salicylic acid compared to normal acne cleaners (.5 % compared to 2%) The higher percentage is a little more drying, but it is very worth the clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by anthony1891

So I used pro activ and skrewed my skin up because I dont have acne or even pimples too much. But proactiv made me get slight acne and so I started changing my routine and lines and finally tried this. This literally cleared my skin up relatively fast. I love the smell and the foam made it smooth over my skin really really well. The packaging was great at first but as I got to the end of the bottle it got hard to use and annoying and once my skin was all cleared up I started to get dry skin. So I had to change again but I havent had acne or many pimples since I changed to this so thank you aveeno! I buy it again every once in a while like when Im in a different climate because my skin will react to climate change. Moisturizer is too thick and greasy for me though. I prefer Garnier Nutritioniste Overnight cream as my daily moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I have been using this for almost a year now. I have very sensitive skin, and most of the blemish-fighting cleansers I've tried have just been way to harsh for my skin. This is a really great chemical balance for me. It keeps my skin clear without over-drying or over-moisturizing and it doesn't really have a fragrance which is great for me. I have tried both this and the clear complexion cream cleanser, and I can tell you that, for me- there is a substantial difference in the way my skin reacts, even though they're both from the same line. The cream cleanser has 2% salicylic acid, while the foam cleanser only has .5%. You'd think the cream would do a better job of fighting blemishes, but that's not the case for me. Don't know why, but the foam just works much better.
I used Cliniques acne line for a long time before trying this, and I like this tons better. Way cheaper, too!