October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I tried this many years ago when I was in my teens. It was too fragranced, drying, ineffective, and left a sticky feeling on my face. There are way better cleansers out there for acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way too expensive and instead of improving my skin it only broke me out more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this cleanser was very good in terms of:
-removing makeup
-gentle around eyes
-removing dirt and oil
-gentle foam texture which i liked
however it didn't do too much for breakouts:
-didn't clear or reduce breakouts significantly

overall, a good cleanser for dry or sensitive skin, but not an acne cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by tangerbite

I normally can't use drugstore cleansers because they always make me break out really bad. I've been searching for a basic cheap cleanser to get the oil off of my face, and I love Aveeno's body lotion so I decided to try their face washes, and sure enough, it didn't break me out, this bottle lasted me almost a whole year!

My friend tried it and she did get a dry spot but she doesn't have oily skin like I do. SO, maybe this works better for oily skin types? I however really liked it, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight, just clean and fresh. It also does a great job at taking off makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by oznolacx3s

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My cousin bought me this cleanser to help out my acne prone skin, and so i thought that this might help a bit to reduce the redness of my skin. Anyway i used it for a day or two and it made my skin irritated and more of my acne came out. It became really itchy and sore after a while so i stopped watching it, for my own opinion its a no no to my skin and i wouldn't try it out again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, Aveeno products are great for what they do, which is soften and subtly brighten the skin with the soy extracts. Fine, but I'm not holding my breath for the results. This is a basic cleanser with not enough Sal. Acid to really penetrate, imo. I do apply it in the shower sometimes and treat it as a masque while I shower. When it gets to the tingle stage, I rinse it off. It does soften the skin and clears away dirt and oil. I would imagine a pre-teen or teen would get a better results with this than someone with older skin. The packagin keeps it sanitary and dispenses without clogging etc. I use about 2-3 pumps and apply it to my throat and décolleté as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I really like this facial cleanser. I get super oily skin in the spring and summer months and so far this is really helping my skin out. Using this 2x a day in the am and pm has really controlled the oilyness a lot! Another plus too is that I have not had any breakouts in months while using this. This is a keeper in the spring and summer months for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised that I see quite a few bad reviews...but then again that will happen if one does not use a product long enough. It is usually suggested that you should try a product for at least 3-4 weeks before claiming it does not function what so ever. This product yes originally gave me some acne, which is troublesome for a person who does not normally have break outs all that often. But then thinking about it, this product was getting everything out of my pores. After 2 and a half to 3 weeks, my skin was completely clear.

Having super dry and acne prone skin makes it extremely difficult to find a cleaner. Everything would make my skin so tight it would hurt, which made matters even worse. But things that tend to be for dry skin, don't work for acne sufferers, so it was quite a conundrum. This is one of the first I have come across that does not strip my skin of the moisture, but still keeps the acne at bay.

Its been over a year later, and my skin is still completely blemish free. I'm also surprised how long the bottles have lasted, the pump dispenses the perfect amount. I think it has lasted a good 3-4 months with 2 times daily usage. If you have a bad pump, know that it is a malfunction, I had one bottle like that and it drove me completely bonkers.

I tried almost everything before I got to this cleanser, from Fresh, Philosophy, Clinique, Shisheido, Neutrogena and beyond, this is by far the best for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by linet182

This cleanser is horrible! I bought it about 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try something different. Aveeno products usually work well for me, but this product unfortunately was horrible. I feel like it caused a lot of white heads, especially around my nose... And it's supposed to prevent acne, this product made me break out like crazy. I have small acne on my chin and I also have a a few larger ones on my forehead (which I didn't have before). I can't believe it was this horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rebs89

I did not like anything about this product. I returned it after using it two times. I used it mainly to clean my nose and chin because of the salicylic acid that is supposed to help clear white heads black heads. Well two days later I have a pimple on the side of my nose and on my chin. Hmmm I wonder what could have caused the breakouts?? I will stick my my benzoyl peroxide for existing pimples and try something else for a face wash.

Edit: And I don't care what people say about waiting 3-4 weeks until this works. If I break out from it, I am staying away. thats that!