December 21, 2014 | 1698 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by soapandglory93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really despise this cleanser. I bought this because I thought it was natural and gentle. Boy, was I wrong.

I used it a couple times, and it broke me out right away. I had people ask me if I was having an allergic reaction - it looked so bad, apparently they didn't think of acne.

It went away after a little more than a week, because I stopped using it right away. I will never purchase this, nor reccomend it. I think I'll stick to my Lush cleanser - it's a lot more gentle, and I KNOW that it's fresh and organic. Better luck next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by chelle2269

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was my first face wash that I used years ago. It was good because it made my skin brighter and dried my pimples making it smaller. But it also make my skin dry too. I'm not going to buy this anymore because now I found another face wash that was recommended by my facialist.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Smashley005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never found anything that works on my sensitive yet acne prone and oily skin...until I found this. I love the smell, the feel of my skin after I use it, and most of all - the fact that it has tremendously helped my breakouts! I still get occassional breakouts, but that usually only happens once a month now. I use in the evening before I go to bed and couldnt be happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyCate

I used this cleanser a couple of years ago when my skin was looking great. For some reason i just came back to it this summer when my skin started having issues again. now, my skin is very fickle, so sometimes certain things work for it, and other times they dont. I briefly used this a few months ago when i was having some acne breakouts but it didnt do much at all for me. About a week ago, however, i purchased the olay pro skin brush. Since my other cleansers weren't doing much to help with this strange clogged pore breakout i've had for the last few months, i thought maybe this cleanser would work better on my new brush. besides, i had nothing to lose. i was so frustrated with my skin. and i was right! I have been using it for the past week, so not very long, but i've already noticed some improvement in my skin. my pores, which have gotten huge with this annoying breakout, have already begun to shrink (i was afraid they might be stuck that way forever :P). also, any bumps or spots that i've had are beginning to gradually lessen. At the same time, however, i have had a few new SMALL zits popping up. But i definitely prefer this to the gross, bumpy clogged pores that i've been having. I think/hope its just my pores cleaning themselves out. Also, i've noticed i'm just a little sensitive to this, and it can make my skin a bit red at night when i really give my face a thorough cleansing. I think its just because i haven't used something with salicylic acid in a while (dont be worried, this is only 0.5%). But
that being said, i wake up with great looking skin! i think its just the acid doing its thing, and its still pretty mild. Overall, this is a decent cleanser when used with your hands, but a great cleanser when used on a skin brush! My pores are thanking me and i think the soy-extracts it contains, help soothe the skin (despite the SA) and seem to be helping my skin tone even out as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with the soy, maybe its BS, haha, but its working for me and i'll keep using to see if things keep improving.

P.S. In terms of packaging and cleanser texture, this is foam like it says. i like the pump packaging, but the pump on mine seems to almost always get stuck after i press it down, which is pretty annoying considering i usually use 2 or 3 pumps. But i can deal with it--just have to pull it up again after each pump. Its probably just a glitchy bottle. ;) My luck. Oh, and remembering back to a couple of years ago, i think the reason i stopped buying it was because it didnt last very long. using it day and night, i went through it pretty fast. i think its because its a foam, not a gel. so i dont use as sparingly... we'll see this time around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by HLC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne-prone skin and used to use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - Redness Soothing (green) 2x/day, but it became too harsh for me (maybe at 32 my skin is becoming more fragile? Or could be the other acne products i use . . .). I tried this Aveeno product b/c I wanted something geared toward acne/oily skin, but gentler than my Neutrogena - something I could use in the AM while continuing to use Neutrogena in the PM. I like that the active ingredient is 0.5% salicylic acid, whereas Neutrogena contains 2.0%. The Aveeno product feels like it cleans my skin thoroughly, yet gently - it still feels soft, not stripped. I've been using it for about two months, and I plan to continue. However, I do feel like I need the stronger formulation of the Neutrogena product 1x/day to help keep breakouts at bay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I tried this many years ago when I was in my teens. It was too fragranced, drying, ineffective, and left a sticky feeling on my face. There are way better cleansers out there for acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way too expensive and instead of improving my skin it only broke me out more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this cleanser was very good in terms of:
-removing makeup
-gentle around eyes
-removing dirt and oil
-gentle foam texture which i liked
however it didn't do too much for breakouts:
-didn't clear or reduce breakouts significantly

overall, a good cleanser for dry or sensitive skin, but not an acne cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by tangerbite

I normally can't use drugstore cleansers because they always make me break out really bad. I've been searching for a basic cheap cleanser to get the oil off of my face, and I love Aveeno's body lotion so I decided to try their face washes, and sure enough, it didn't break me out, this bottle lasted me almost a whole year!

My friend tried it and she did get a dry spot but she doesn't have oily skin like I do. SO, maybe this works better for oily skin types? I however really liked it, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight, just clean and fresh. It also does a great job at taking off makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by oznolacx3s

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My cousin bought me this cleanser to help out my acne prone skin, and so i thought that this might help a bit to reduce the redness of my skin. Anyway i used it for a day or two and it made my skin irritated and more of my acne came out. It became really itchy and sore after a while so i stopped watching it, for my own opinion its a no no to my skin and i wouldn't try it out again.