April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mimikeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my dry patches as well as treatment on my dried-out acne-prone areas that I previously zapped with benzoyl peroxide. Practically instantaneous relief and the roughness and flakiness is all gone overnight. Though it is far too oily and overwhelming to use alone as a daily moisturiser, it is definitely something to keep around if you're prone to dryness. (especially if you do a lot of spot-treatment with BP like me)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by vasudhapande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too oily for my face, so I use it as a body moisturiser. Does a pretty good job all year.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This lotion does a good job moisturizing but feels too heavy and greasy for morning use. I only put it on a night.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. I've got oily skin and I needed something for my face after using benzoyl peroxide. This gets the job done and there's no stinging, fragrance, or breakouts as a result of using this product. It does leave a sheen on your face but I don't really mind it. It's GREAT for the body, I love to use it on my legs after shaving.

Edit: This stuff is toooo heavy to use on the face. Makeup looks botched on top of it. I've gotten lots of blackheads from it. I will just use it for my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i gave this a rating of four stars only because it can make my skin look a little greasy - at first. if i wait about fifteen minutes for it to soak in - it's perfect.

cetaphil products have changed my life. and that's no exaggeration.

if you are suffering from any type of acne, please try cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the moisturizer I use overnight during the summer and during the day in cooler weather. I've had trouble with acne over the years and this does not break me out yet it moisturizes very well. Coupled with my Retin A (I use this under Retin A at night), it's a perfect match because it prevents and combats the dryness that Retin A can cause.

Good, solid product. Fragrance free and no dyes. It's an HG product for me and I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

This dident do anything for me, i still have flaky skin even after wearing this layer by layer, its kind of oily and sits on your skin and i think it causes more oil to build up. Its very expensive for the results it delivers.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this moisturizer for years.It was recommended by my dermatologist when I was prescribed retin-a.I never had any problems with this and it will always be my go to moisturizer.Its light weight, non greasy, non sticky, and actually pretty hydrating. My skin is combination but I have allot of flakey dry spots from the retin-a & this does not totally smooth out the patches and make me flake free, but Ive never come across a moisturizer that has.I understand that with retin-a being dry comes with it.My skin is also sensitive and this does not irritate it.Never caused any burning or stinging.Its very gentle.So if your looking for miracles this isn't for you but, if you want a simple gentle moisturizer I would highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a body lotion. Long story short, I have a big ol' bottle of cetaphil that I don't know what to do with. I put this on and while I could tell it was very moisturizing it was also very sticky. Even hours later it left a tacky feeling on my skin. I bought this because it said it was non-comodogenic and I'm prone to body acne as well as having extremely sensitive skin. This broke me out like no other. I had rashes, bumps and pimples in places I've never had them before--my forearms, the inside of my elbow, my hip, my knees, my calf. So for now I'm using it on my feet (the only part of my body this stuff didn't hate) while I wait for these rashes to go away :\

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by nodown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. Cetaphil is a fall-back product for me. If my skin is completely parched, flaky, and irritated, Cetaphil (lotion or cream) is pretty much the only thing that will restore it to a soft, smooth, calm state. Even my pure facial oils can't do that. There's something about the formula that allows it to penetrate skin more easily.

This isn't something I can use on a daily basis. I've found climate tends to make a difference in that regard. In drier climes (e.g. LA), Cetaphil is the perfect daily moisturizer for me. My skin drinks it right up. I get no greasiness later in the day or breakouts or any other problems. But Cetaphil tends to be too heavy for me in more humid places (e.g. the Northeast). So I restrict it to cold, dry months.

But that's just me. This may not be heavy enough for truly dry skin. And just because some people with sensitive skin can rely on Cetaphil doesn't mean it'll work for all sensitive types. Always buy a small size and do a patch test on an inconspicuous area first.

Overall, this isn't a must-have item for me. But it's kind of comforting to know that this product exists, is reliable, affordable, and very easily available.