July 25, 2014 | 1933 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Cetaphil Mosturizing lotion has been a staple for me off and on for many years now. It has never irritated my super sensitive skin and it's easy to find in most drugstores and grocery stores. It does feel sticky for about 20 minutes and then soaks right into the skin. I have found that when I do breakout, this works really well with my acne spot treatments unlike other moisturizers that either burn or roll off the skin.

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion comes in a 16 oz pump container for around $10-$12 and lasts a really long time. I think I bottle lasts about 9 months and I use about a nickel size amount in the morning and about a quarter size in the evening. I sometimes use this in place of my body lotion if I want to use something fragrance free. It's a nice lotion for after the shower but I find that it's not heavy enough for me. I have ultra dry skin and I like to use body creams as opposed to lighter lotions.

The best deal is to get the larger 20 oz. bottles in a two pack at Costco for $15. Such a great price for quality product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The cap lid broke off, but at least I know I'm not just paying for packaging :P

You need very little of the product for your face and neck. It absorbs quickly, isn't greasy, and leaves my skin dewy :)

I bought the smaller size because I was just buying it because of makeupalley reviews, but I'll get the bigger one next time. It'll probably be, like, a year from now, because there's so much and you need so little!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Not a big fan of cetaphil. From the facewash to this moisturizing lotion, I have had some pretty garbage results. The facewash made left my skin a little irritated and just tight and uncomfortable. This moisturizer just doesn't do the trick for me as it leaves my face somewhat dry and just doesn't do a great job for me. I know people that actually enjoy using it so I am not going to bash it but it definitely didn't work great for me

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by pancakew

While this is indeed very moisturizing, no matter how little I use, my face feels super greasy. It doesn't seem to penetrate my skin, so when I wash in the morning after having it on at night, my face returns to its initial dryness. Of course, that's on the days when it's dry. I usually have super oily skin, and this moisturizer makes me look like an oil slick. :(

I'm bummed about this not working because I love Cetaphil's cleanser to death. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by prairiegirl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why do I keep straying from Cetaphil? It's not as trendy or fancy as a lot of the products out there, so I guess I am just tempted to try something new. I have wasted hundreds, probably more like thousands of dollars on different skincare products. This is the only thing that really works for me. Avene is ok, but not moisturizing enough. As soon as I switch back back to Cetaphil, I get comments on how my skin glows and I look 5 years younger! Loves it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mimikeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my dry patches as well as treatment on my dried-out acne-prone areas that I previously zapped with benzoyl peroxide. Practically instantaneous relief and the roughness and flakiness is all gone overnight. Though it is far too oily and overwhelming to use alone as a daily moisturiser, it is definitely something to keep around if you're prone to dryness. (especially if you do a lot of spot-treatment with BP like me)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by vasudhapande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too oily for my face, so I use it as a body moisturiser. Does a pretty good job all year.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This lotion does a good job moisturizing but feels too heavy and greasy for morning use. I only put it on a night.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. I've got oily skin and I needed something for my face after using benzoyl peroxide. This gets the job done and there's no stinging, fragrance, or breakouts as a result of using this product. It does leave a sheen on your face but I don't really mind it. It's GREAT for the body, I love to use it on my legs after shaving.

Edit: This stuff is toooo heavy to use on the face. Makeup looks botched on top of it. I've gotten lots of blackheads from it. I will just use it for my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i gave this a rating of four stars only because it can make my skin look a little greasy - at first. if i wait about fifteen minutes for it to soak in - it's perfect.

cetaphil products have changed my life. and that's no exaggeration.

if you are suffering from any type of acne, please try cetaphil.