November 28, 2014 | 1922 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultimate HG. Absoloutely love.

Very vanillic with deep spicy oriental undertowns.

This is definitely a winter scent on me as the perfume reacts with my skin and turns it into a very 'hot' smell.

I agree that only one squirt is needed. However on me Addict seems to get lost. Three heavy squirts and I can get into the elevator at work and my workmates can't tell I'm wearing perfume. I have taken to spraying it on my clothes instead, and then I only need one little spray and it lasts all day long.

A beautiful, beautiful scent. highly reccomended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Typically, I only tend to wear perfume oils because they stay closer to the skin, and I find them to be less overwhelming to others; however, I'm willing to make an exception for Dior's Addict. Addict and Hypnotic Poison are the only EDP's that I own. This is definitely my favorite eau de parfum!
This is the perfume that I wear when I'm going out, feeling confident, and I want to smell sexy. I find this perfume to be very spicy, peppery, and almost incense like on my skin. I wouldn't describe this scent as sweet or gourmand. This is definitely not a scent that I would dare to wear during the day or in the hot summer months. It should be used in moderation and in the proper circumstances. A single spritz in the air and a walk through will do.
When I wear Dior Addict the words "risk" and "sex" come to mind. This is a dangerous and mysterious scent that you should wear a push up bra with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by danai

Very intense, sexy and vamp-y. I get mostly vanilla, spice and incense, so sweet, spicy and sexy would describe it nicely. It's alwo quite warm and feminine; I think it would be better for the colder months. I can totally see myself wearing this when I want to smell confident, sexy and alluring; I also think it's quite a headturner so I'd reserve it for special occasions.
All in all, wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

When I first sprayed this on me...I immediately thought it was way too strong and a little too "grown up" smelling for me (I usually go for the really sweet/gourmand types)....the dry down (base notes) are great! A dark bourbon sophisticated vanilla that stays on the skin a long time. I think this is definitely best for fall and winter. This reminds me a little of Jean Paul Gaultier. Over all this is a nice oriental floral. I give it 3 1/2 lippies : )
EDIT - bumping this up to four lippies. The drydown is pretty wonderful and my husband likes it as well : )

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I love this perfume and have recieved a great many compliments and inquiries from people wanting to know what I'm wearing. I think it's a very sexy scent BUT needs to be used very carefully. More then one quick spray of this is too much. Used in moderation this is a wonderful perfume and it's delicious scent is truly addictive! Pricey yes but if your wearing it properly and using only one spray it lasts a very very long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always felt a bit unsure about this perfume. Sometimes my friend wears it and I absolutely love it, but then when I smell it in a store it doesnít seem quite right on me. I would describe it as gourmand, but a ďdark gourmandĒ if that makes sense at allÖ ďyummyĒ - but not in a marshmallows & vanilla Pink Sugar kind of way, more like dark chocolate fondant. If Pink Sugar was baby pink chiffon, this would be rich heavy velvet; it has a way of draping itself around you. It has excellent silage by the way, literally leaves a trail behind you, which some may or may not like (I love this as Iím not a fan of scents that stay close to the skin). It is definitely a strong and noticeable scent. The lasting power is also very good and Iím glad itís only available as an edp. What Iím unsure about is this 'nutty' note I always feel like I get, itís like the hazelnuts in nutella or a Ferrero Rocher chocolate or something. That note also makes the perfume quite distinctive too, which I don't like, because then I feel like the perfume is wearing me rather than the other way. Addict never really melds with my own body chemistry like I get with Angel, Pink Sugar and Flowerbomb. Although all of these scents have a prominent vanilla note, in all but Addict it tends to be more generic vanilla ice-cream than the bourbon vanilla absolute I get with the latter. Personally I would take the Pink Sugar kind of yummy over this, maybe because while itís still sexy itís also appropriate for casual wear. I couldnít really see this as a jeans & t-shirt kinda fragrance. It makes me think of lingerie; black silk stockings, suspenders and stilettos, that sort of thing.. I remember window-shopping at night time in Paris peering into the windows of a high end lingerie shop and this scent conjures up that moment for me. Addict seems to ooze sexuality and feel quite raunchy. I could really imagine this working better on an exotic, sultry brunette than me. I feel like due to its overtly sexy nature the only time I could see myself wearing this would be in a club. Itís definitely not one for the teen sort of generation, unless you are a pretty sultry, mature sort of teen, mainly because it's quite "loud" and even when applied with a light hand can be smelt by most people within a 5 metre radius. It is just one of those scents that shout rather than whisper. I think I just find it quite a confusing scent as whilst I can definitely pick up on the classically feminine notes of vanilla and white flowers there is something about this perfume that is also kind of masculine. There is an almost dirty animalic base note that comes through and that is perpetually evident. Thatís why for me, itís a scent best reserved for an evening of seduction.. thatís when I love the dry, powdery aspect and itís dirty in a good way.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of many products that has me wishing that it were possible to appoint half-lipsticks on MUA. This is worth more than the 3 that I've given it, I think, but it's not quite worth a 4.

I became madly infatuated with this stuff about a year ago after spritzing some on a sample card in my local department store. I thought it was incredibly sexy - it was, strangely, green and fresh on first spritz, then became fruity without being shockingly sweet and had more than hint of a warm, almost unisex, 'slightly too subtle to be oriental but virtually there' muskiness that I've always (save that terrible period of my teenhood in which I somehow found myself addicted to the revolting Miss Dior Cherie) found so appealing. Please excuse my vague and unprofessional scent descriptions, I know absolutely fuck all about this subject. Anyway, with us being far too broke to warrant a pricey perfume purchase, I clung onto this sample for dear life - brandished it wantonly under the noses of my exasperated family, sniffed it like a girl possessed and rubbed it furiously (and probably fruitlessly) on my wrists. A couple of months later I persuaded my parents to buy it for me when we were in Boots.

The truth is, it was never as lovely on me as it was on the sample card. You would think that a perfume would manifest itself as fruitier and sharper on a piece of paper and muskier on the human body but it seems that Addict does the exact opposite, as far as my (arguably) human body's concerned, anyway. For the first few months I didn't notice this, but I've been wearing it intermittently for the best part of a year now and undeniably, this is too much of an overpowering fruitfest on me to be a holy grail. 'You're meant to spritz perfume, not marinate in it', my father grumbled at me in the car, shortly after I'd used ONE SPRITZ of this on my neck. 'Ugh, all I can smell upstairs is your tarty perfume!' - this courtesy of one of my little sisters. The tanginess of Addict on me could be because carriers of the cystic fibrosis gene who don't suffer from the disease themselves - of which I am one - have high levels of salt in their sweat, and thus my sweat is a lot tangier than your average Jane Doe. Perhaps this is irrelevant, I don't know. I've also found more recently that this fades to a non-descript sugar on me. If my perfumes are going to gas my nearest and dearest then I'd at least like to experience them myself, but increasingly this wafts into barely detectable candy floss aroma that could be the remnants of any perfume on Earth.

If this were a lot less fruity and a lot more musky, I'd buy it again. Since it isn't, I won't. I still like it (I'm wearing it right now, there's still plenty left despite frequent use) and can't make head nor tail of the claims that I smell like someone who's been trafficked from a former Soviet Union country for carnal usage, but I do get that it's a bit, erm, nasally provocative. I think it's worth a try if you like strong, warm, fruit-musk fragrances (I wasn't lying when I said that I know fuck all about perfume) but I suspect it might be better for evening wear. Oh, and it's far too expensive.

I search on.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I am one of those people who will always appreciate this scent on someone else but not on myself. This perfume simply does not work well with my skin chemistry.

The notes in this perfume are:mandarin leaf, silk tree flower, Queen of the Night flower, rose, jasmine, orange blossom, absolute of bourbon vanilla, sandalwood from Mysore and tonka bean. It is a Vanilla Oriental- very strong and bold. Normally, I love vanilla orientals (such as my very favourite Hypnotic Poison by Dior). However, on me this smells like chocolate, wood, and bourbon vanilla with a slight jasmine undertone. It's very sweet and deep at the same time. On others, this perfume is magic, soft and sexy, on me, I smell like I just finished a 9 hour shift at Starbucks. The scent is not complex, it remains strong and sweet from start to finish. it does not tell a story, it remains static and predictable on my skin. Sometimes a predictable perfume is good- like Donna Karen's Cashmere Mist, a comforting warm aroma that remains the same. However, it works for a soft scent like Cashmere Mist to remain dependably the same, where as, a stronger scent like Dior Addict, this affect works against it, as it becomes too overwhelming for me.

Notably, the perfumes lasting power is exceptional, it will remain on your skin all day (for me, it was about 12 hours). The bottle is mature, simple, and it even allows you to turn the nozzle to prevent it from spraying if your traveling, or have little curious toddlers. As I said, I'll walk in the bakery and enjoy the sweet smells this has to offer, but I can't work in the bakery otherwise I'll come to resent the sugary confections I enjoy.
Happy Shopping!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Well, it smells like warm vanilla pudding on me, but my husband hates it because he can smell the synthetic edges. Sigh. I really love this one, but I don't wish to be repulsive to my man, so I'll have to pass. It gets a fence-sitting 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! My first thought on spritzing Dior Addict on. It's a beautiful scent. This scent reminds me of Shalimar. Delightfully oriental. Not as strong as Opium; therefore, more wearable for daytime. And, yes, this is a strong sophisticated scent.
Unlike the reviewer below; I love and respect my grandmothers and would never refer to this as a toxic grandma scent. In fact; older women know better than to bathe in strong scents. It's little girls like the previous reviewer who "wore this in high school" who lack the sophistication to wear this scent. That's because these tacky little girls tend to bathe in strong scents. And, as for her "gawking" at someone wearing this lovely scent. I suggest that she closes her mouth. Gawking is rude and tacky and only makes the gawker look ill mannered and uneducated. Then again, maybe she'll outgrow it.

This lovely scent is best used sparingly. Spritz it and walk through. Or lightly dab on your pulse points only.

Dior's Addict is a sophisticated scent best reserved for nightime use. It's a rich oriental that makes a real statement. This scent can be well worn by ladies with confidence and style. I highly recommend it.

P.S. This is the ONLY scent (and I have many) that my 17 year old son ASKED me what I was wearing (actually WANTED to know the name) and gave me the "thumbs up" sign....

23 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No