Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 2/10/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so in love with Angel. From the first time I tested a sample I was hooked on this perfume. This fragrance has vanilla, sandalwood, and patchouli, with lower notes of fresh citrus, melons, peaches, and plums. I wear this scent the most and can't understand how anybody could find Angel offensive. Its an expensive perfume but well worth the investment.

on 1/31/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I actually love this. I can see why people might not, though. It's sort of a love it or hate it scent. I'm horrible at describing scents, so I'll leave that for others. The packaging is beautiful; so many perfumes just look tacky to me, but this one is pretty. This is a strong, heavy scent, and a little goes a long way. I think it's great.

on 1/31/2013 8:35:00 PM

Strange and different...Smells like ceder and cough syrup...

on 1/30/2013 4:48:00 PM

This was on sale pretty cheap on hautelook so I decided to give it a look on here, amazon and fragrantica. Well I was hooked of course by the reviews. Lasts 200 hours? Beastly sillage? Check! Fragrances dissolve on me like loves baby soft. And the notes sounded intriguing and to my liking. So I went to the mall and tried some generous spritzes immediately. My first impression was kinda ambivalent. Bunks the 'love it or hate it' theory. I kinda forgot about it. Then, it was the next day, and I smelled the residuals on my jacket. Well I ripped the fuzzy hood liner off that baby and snapped it to my neck so I could bask in the heavenly sluice all day. Dark yet sweet divine vanilla-y patchouli. It did not arrive in the mail soon enough... I was literally checking the tracking every hour so I could go home and get it immediately when it arrived. Oh.. And those sweet top notes? I'm now hooked on those, as well. Look out, skeptics, this scent will grow on you like a fungus. Yes, there is a faint dirty body odor thing going which is called patchouli. Remember, hippies wore it, and they smelled 'dirty'? That was patchouli. It's earthy and not for the faint hearted. Yet, it's sweet too! Confusion, on line one! This is a heavy, heady scent that is complex and should be worn with confidence. This is no shrinking violet. It's so me. My other favorite scent is shalimar if that says anything about my taste which I don't think does. Sorry, people around me who can smell this (and the sillage is nowhere near as scary ON ME than I was looking forward to), but this is my dark angel. The bottle should be a black boudoir job from the 20s. Try but don't write it off right away. It may have you coming back. On to the hair spritz and deodorant!

on 1/28/2013 11:06:00 PM

Angel's scent is crisp, clean, and fresh. There really are no other words to describe this delicate scent. I have worn this scent for several years and it is an all time favorite in my perfume collection. Depending on where you buy it, it costs around $59.00 at most stores (macys , nordstroms, target, etc.)

on 1/28/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first person who used this parfume is actually my (ex)boyfriend..The scent is so sweet and long-lasting and i liked it so much..The packaging is great.. Unfortunately, the price is too high (US$70 in my country)..

on 1/17/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My friend had a deoderant from this line and I remember it smelling divine - it was very very sweet. I recently got a vial sample from Sephora and wore it thinking it would be that sweet candylike smell I remember it being but NO it smells like a man? It smells like some incense from a Buddhist temple, which isn't what I'd want to smell like ideally.

This is a wonderful fragrance.
I have a sort of amusing story about this one. I was going through some samples, because I am about to embark on a mission trip to El Salvador, and instead of taking a few regular sized bottles of perfume with me, I wanted to just take a few samples instead. I found some of my samples and I had a nice sized sample of this fragrance. I had never tried it before. I tried out a drop of it, WHICH BTW, is enough ladies, to last 24 hours!!!! or MORE! so those of you that don't like it, you're probably using too much!!!
It is now one of, if not my new fav!
I am off to purchase the largest bottle right away.
Trying to figure out if the 3.4 oz bottle is a spray bottle or not. :)

on 1/16/2013 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish there was a separate Alley for Perfumes, because no one perfume will mix well with EVERYONE. This isn't the perfumes fault, its simply that ones chemistry does not mix well with the scent.
Angel is AMAZING (on me) I have been wearing it every fall, winter and spring for 15 years now and have only ever had compliments from people. I get random strangers asking me what it is that I'm wearing because they LOVE the scent (sometimes its just plain creepy.)
I guess I have a chemistry that compliments the perfume :) Personally, I find it too cloying in the summer months, its like a cashmere blanket for the nose.

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT use more than 1 (one) squirt of this! It is VERY potent and overwhelming straight out of the bottle, I usually put it on after moisturizing and before I do my makeup. This gives it time to settle and mellow out a little and prevents me from being "that chick with too much perfume on". I squirt it onto the top of one wrist and quickly press it to my other wrist and then either dab it on my sides, legs or shoulders/neck. No need to rub, just press the damp wrists to other parts of your body and you'll have a nice distribution of the scent.
Give it time, but if it smells too chemically, BOish or just plain funky on you, pass it on to someone else.
Its well worth the hefty price (for me) and if I could work it into the summer months it would be my "signature scent".

on 1/14/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.

Popular Fragrances