December 18, 2014 | 1834 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by scryingsmoke

Beautiful, complex scent. When worn, I never been told anything other than 'you smell amazing'. I believe that some people just cannot appreciate it, or their sense of smell is not developed enough. This does not smell like chemicals or BO at all. *scratches head*

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Angel for fifteen years and receive nothing but compliments. A lot of people think it is too strong and over powering. It isnít, you just need to know how much to use. 2 small squirts and walk into it or one healthy squirt and walk into it. You also need to give it a little time to settle (about 30 - 45 minutes.) Get a sample from the fragrance counter and give it a tryÖit really is a beautiful. Sometimes, I will do 2 small squirts of Angel followed by a small squirt of Alien. (People, even strangers will ask me what I am wearing; I donít want to give away my secret so I make something upÖ)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry Thierry Mugler, this is the absolute worst fragrance. It is cloying, overbearing and harsh. There is nothing even remotely appealing about this fragrance. I wore this as a youth but am embarased to have done so. I am sure I lose several boyfriends due to this stench!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Way too much patchouli scent in this for my taste. Overall it's a good quality fragrance that lasts a really long time on your skin. Even after showering I could still smell this stuff on me. (Good if you like the smell...bad if you don't) I actually tried to use water and dab it off my neck the first time I used it because it was too strong. My boyfriend thought it smelled like pumpkin spice or pie for some reason but it smelled like my grandma's perfume to me. Glad I only had a small sample bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Far too strong..far too masculine...kinda smells like fresh christmas tree.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a controversial fragrance and I can understand why. A couple people mentioned something about a BO overtone, and I get that on first spray...but once it melts into your skin, and chemistry works its magic...that's when the good stuff happens. It's spicy, and slightly sweet, smoky, a touch fresh...and just warm. To me, it smells like warmth. Definitely a Fall/Winter fragrance. You gotta give it a fair shake, though - about an hour to dry down completely before you run to the shower retching, or decide that it really is heavenly, and enjoy the wafts of warm sweetness that have settled into your clothes. And less is more, SO much more, which should stretch your investment for some time if properly stored. I take a point off because the bottle, although pretty, doesn't really fit the fragrance and it's kind of clumsy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG! I soo love this fragrance! It's one of my faves,very unique...I actually didn't know it was that old till I read some of the reviews..as it doesn't smell old ladyish at all. And I brought my mommy "Star":) now that's a lil to loud for me,but Angel is just the right amount of pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where do I begin with this modern classic?
Angel is a beastly mish-mash of cotton candy, stewed fruits, chocolate-drizzled caramel, and above all, very green, wet, fresh-cut grass. If you try to take it apart and focus on just one note or the other (e.g. you love cotton candy), you will be disappointed because all the other notes are equally strong.

Many people find it too sweet, too rich, too unbalanced, too sharp, too strong, too everything. It's an olfactorial overload that is ground-breaking in its disregard for political correctness, and while it has many imitators, none of ever had the guts to take it this far.

Don't let the rating fool you into thinking this belongs there with the rest of the "3-point-something" scents because I'll bet Angel has the most 1s and 5s of any scent on Makeupalley. To love it, you either have a taste for sharp contrasts, the right body chemistry, or a strong nonconformist streak.
------------
Suggestion for use: Decant and dab a tiny bit on instead of spraying. I find this makes the scent diffuse slower and the overall experience much more pleasant, for you and everyone around.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What I can say?
For sure that our olfactory sense is so unique, that I find personal reviews of perfumes pretty useless, unlike those for make up or skin care products.
Evidence of this is the fact that when you talk about a fragrance, some hate it, while others love it. And in the end you know about it as much as you knew before.
This is also true for Angel.
I won't enter into details about its fragrance pyramid, I'm not an expert and you can find this kind of info everywhere on the net.
What I can tell you, is that I don't like its packaging: neither the star, which I find totally "user-unfriendly" and neither do I like the big bottle (100ml/3.4oz), the version (spray)
I have got. The base is much narrower than the top, hence not very stable. Moreover, if you have long nails, you risk to break one spraying it and the pump doesn't work that well. Here you can see both versions:

So said, I love this fragrance! It has happened to me many a time to smell a perfume and say.... uhm, it reminds me of that other fragrance. Believe me, it won't happen with Angel, it's unique! And, more than for other perfumes, I think that either you love it or you hate it. Because of its out of the ordinary composition. You just have to try it to find out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Angel is a pretty unique smell that I really can't compare to anything else. Although the product stirrs up a ton of controversy, it is a winner in my book! If you are looking for something overly subtle don't buy this. You will have people complimenting you all day :)