Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

This is a wonderful fragrance.
I have a sort of amusing story about this one. I was going through some samples, because I am about to embark on a mission trip to El Salvador, and instead of taking a few regular sized bottles of perfume with me, I wanted to just take a few samples instead. I found some of my samples and I had a nice sized sample of this fragrance. I had never tried it before. I tried out a drop of it, WHICH BTW, is enough ladies, to last 24 hours!!!! or MORE! so those of you that don't like it, you're probably using too much!!!
It is now one of, if not my new fav!
I am off to purchase the largest bottle right away.
Trying to figure out if the 3.4 oz bottle is a spray bottle or not. :)

on 1/16/2013 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish there was a separate Alley for Perfumes, because no one perfume will mix well with EVERYONE. This isn't the perfumes fault, its simply that ones chemistry does not mix well with the scent.
Angel is AMAZING (on me) I have been wearing it every fall, winter and spring for 15 years now and have only ever had compliments from people. I get random strangers asking me what it is that I'm wearing because they LOVE the scent (sometimes its just plain creepy.)
I guess I have a chemistry that compliments the perfume :) Personally, I find it too cloying in the summer months, its like a cashmere blanket for the nose.

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT use more than 1 (one) squirt of this! It is VERY potent and overwhelming straight out of the bottle, I usually put it on after moisturizing and before I do my makeup. This gives it time to settle and mellow out a little and prevents me from being "that chick with too much perfume on". I squirt it onto the top of one wrist and quickly press it to my other wrist and then either dab it on my sides, legs or shoulders/neck. No need to rub, just press the damp wrists to other parts of your body and you'll have a nice distribution of the scent.
Give it time, but if it smells too chemically, BOish or just plain funky on you, pass it on to someone else.
Its well worth the hefty price (for me) and if I could work it into the summer months it would be my "signature scent".

on 1/14/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.

on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM

I don't own this perfume, and I'm glad I don't. All I smell is grass and milk, unfortunatly. :/

Ok, I'm going to say a few things before I start the review.
One, I have never smelled this fragrance on anybody else before. I live in the South. Ladies like their perfumes here, so I am kinda suprised that I haven't smelled it before. They don't even carry it at our department stores.
Two, everybody's body chemistry is different. My own body chemistry usually negates sweetness, amplifies florals, and fixates on herbal notes.
So I tried this perfume when I was out of town. I spritzed it on a card and walked around with it. On the card, all I could smell was chocolate and spice. I was dubious about trying it on my skin from the card.
So I forgot the card in my car overnight.
I got up, and spritzed on some Victoria's Secret Noir Tease, and headed for work. On the way to work, I was smelling something that was different than Noir Tease, and I thought maybe my body was was mixing with Tease. It smelled really good. I had forgotten about the card.
When I left work 8 hours later the Noir Tease scent was all gone, but when I got in my car that wonderful smell had remained...and it was the card!
Next time I went out of town, I tried Angel on my skin. And it was heavenly on me!
On me it is not sweet, it is a lovely blend of chocolate, patchouli, and incense. I have cool skin which does not promote massive sillage or longevity, but I can still smell this hours and hours later.
My boyfriend LOVES this smell.
I was afraid that it was too overpowering, and since I have bought this, I have asked all my coworkers their opinion. I have gotten all positive feedbacks, so I would say that this HAS to work with your body chemistry.
I use a really light hand in applying this. I don't spritz. I transfer some to a roller ball, and apply a dot to each wrist or behind each ear.
I like to apply to my neck when I go to sleep, because when I get up in the morning and remove the covers, the smell hits me. It's a great way to wake up!
Yes, it's expensive, but if you only need a dab for the entire day, then that tiny bottle that is 60-70 dollars should last for a LONG time!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is your nose: [sniff, sniff]

This is your nose on Angel: “Raid?!” [Ka-BOOM!]

Any questions?

on 1/1/2013 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I am in love with Angel perfume. I have smelled this on others over the years, I can pick it out in a crowd. So, this year for Christmas my boyfriend bought me the Parfume, love it!! I dont understand the bad reviews that I have seen, maybe its chemistry with each individual person. Words can not secribe this amazing goumand scent. Its sultry, sexy, addicting, and so much more. It has layers of delectable notes. I am a huge fan of goumand scents, anything with vanilla is a winner in my book. Not a fan of smelling like a flower. I cant get enough of Angel. The dry down of this scent is amazing, even teh next day, long lasting a little goes a long way. This will be one of my signature acents right up there with Hypnotic and Light Blue.

on 12/31/2012 6:27:00 AM

I never owned this perfume, but several friends did. I really wished, that I liked it, because the flacon/bottle is really awsome, but I just cant stand the scent. It smells very artificial, strong and just..bad!

on 12/29/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE this perfume. I cannot really decribe it in the way I'd like to, because its quite hard to describe. I can see it not being to everyone's taste, but to me it is just incredible. You only need a small amount and you can smell it like you've sprayed half a bottle on yourself! I think maybe some people don't like it because perfume reacts and smells differently once on the skin, so its all down to the chemicals on your skin or whatever as to how it will actually smell. But I have never heard anything but positive comments when I wear it, as I work in retail I have customers saying 'you smell amazing, what is it?' etc. So if you like a strong, fairly indescribable scent, then this is definitely worth a try.

on 12/25/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My husband, Mr. Blue, went all pinched face when I came home one day after squirting some of this stuff on from a perfume sample bar at Nordstrom's. I sometimes tend to overdose when trying out a new scent, and this was one of those days. His comment was "WHAT are you WEARING? Ugh!" Later, I got a sniff of it while stuffing laundry in the washer, my first reaction was "Mmmmmm...." My second reaction was "Well, to heck with him. I love this stuff and I'm gonna wear it. It's awfulness can't possibly compete with his clothes after he gets home from a successful round of trout fishing." So off I went to eBay and snagged myself a bottle. I've found the secret (like with so many other heavy duty scents) is to use it lightly. Very lightly. Mr. Blue eventually ate his words after I transferred some to a rollon applicator and only applied a small swish. Ahhh, better.
Trouble is, I get whiffs of it on the train to work. In Walgreen's. In Safeway. At the race tracks. In Vegas. At the theatre. From women walking their dogs. Undaunted, I love it anyway and wear it despite the fact that I've always taken the path of being one of those who listens to a distant drummer and hates jumping into the rat pack of the mediocre. This juice is definitely NOT mediocre although does seem to have many perfumistas who hate it. Well, girlies, maybe you just put too much of it on. Any scent will go nasty if you opt for overkill, and this one can pack quite a whallop.

It's particularly agreeable with my chemistry during the winter months, although I truly never know just when I'll get a yen for it. I've found that if I apply a non-scented lotion on my neck and chest (where I apply perfume) after my shower and shampoo, it softens the scent of even the raunchiest of perfumes after the lotion has absorbed into my skin. (I prefer Body Time's sea aloe moisturizer since it goes on light and stays that way.) Not quite sure why unless it supplements the body's natural oils, but it works for me.

Popular Fragrances