August 23, 2014 | 1459 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

I used this exfoliator exclusively in the shower, for my body. I have KP, and also some darkness in my armpits (ewww!) that I like to exfoliate to keep bright.

Ocean Salt has a great scent - very fresh, citrusy, and almost sterile-level clean - and a really pretty baby blue color when mixed. Which brings me to my first point: You MUST mix this before use, with your finger or a popsicle stick or whatever other device you use to mix things together, because the way you buy it all of the coarse, tough sea salt is concentrated right in the middle. I STRONGLY advise you to mix the whole solution thoroughly otherwise it will be super rough.

I liked that the exfoliator dissolved in the water and then the Ocean Salt rinsed off cleanly--no annoyng granules sticking around. It helped with the KP on my arms and when used consistently, it did work to keep my underarms bright. I also found that if I had any pimples on my body, rubbing Ocean Salt over the areas would really get rid of the spots quickly. Because I really only used it on my upper arm areas, it lasted me a good long while.

One gripe I have is the packaging. While I love it, I did have to take off a point because if you open it in the shower with the water running, eventually water gets in and then over time the accumulation of the water results in the exfoliating granules dissolving and the solution becoming so thin and runny that it's pretty much a tub of body wash. I wasn't too pleased with that, but I think if the buyer bewares then they can prevent this (opening it only in dry areas, outside of the shower, etc.)

While it did work, it is seriously way too pricey for the amount you get and what it is. I would suggest trying it out if you have $21.95 burning a hole in your pocket and you're curious about it, go ahead and try it out. Note that it is not paraben free or alcohol free.

PURCHASE BECAUSE:
- You're looking for a simple, fresh exfoliator
- You like a squeaky clean feeling

SKIP BECAUSE:
- Overly pricey for what it is
- Need to be super careful about storage

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bloominglilies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love how this leaves my skin. I have extremely oily skin as well as acne prone and this has been doing wonders for my skin! I have noticed that my skin does not get as oily as it used too but my acne is also going away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Feels like using a grater on my face, and my face can usually handle almost anything. I literally cried when trying to remove this as gentle as possible. Even my boyfriend commented on the vodka smell and asked "why would you use this on your face? It feels like you could cut yourself on it".

There is nothing really wrong with the ingredients but the really sharp, huge sea salt flakes make this unusable. By the way, on the UK site it says this has "fine sea salt", but on the Swedish site it says it has rough/big/heavy/thick salt flakes (the word they used was "grov" which can mean any of those words I just said. So there it is. I would never ever put this on my face again, probably not even my body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

my daughter and i both go back to this regularly when we have dry flakies, or just need to dry up impending blemishes. works a treat, and doesnt burn my skin. if you dont scratch really hard with it but gently massage it (i also have great results if i put some on my olay brush) just brightens everything up and smooths it out, pores are nice and clean too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this product. It does feel a little harsh when you rub it into your skin because salt has a very coarse, granular texture, but it doesn't hurt at all nor did it leave my skin red or irritated. After I put it all over my face and rub it in a couple of times, I rinse it off and my skin feels so soft! It feels very clean, smooth, and soft. An excellent skin exfoliator, though it is indeed too harsh for daily use, I use it every couple of days before bed and the next day my skin looks and feels heavenly. A definite recommend! It is a little pricey for the big jar though but if you want to try it out buy the little one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This product does exfoliate thoroughly but it's also kind of harsh. The smell is not unpleasant but it's very strong.

While the immediate result is that it makes you look fresher, cleaner and brighter, I believe harsh exfoliants can exacerbate acne so I've stopped using them on my face. Gentle exfoliation is all you need. I would use this on my scaly legs and feet though. The product wouldn't last long this way though, which makes it kind of pricey, at least in India.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Besides the scent being the best smelling fragrance in the world...the product is GREAT. I just finished my first tub of it, which lasted about 5 months using it every other day, or sometimes every day. It helped clear up acne, take away oils on my face, and really exfoliate my skin. OS is a miracle worker! Expensive, but very worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by dollheart

I don't understand everyone's intense love for this product! Salt is a great exfoliant and anti-bacterial ingredient for the skin but this product is purely that- salt! it is so incredibly strong that it BURNS my face, and the particles of salt are so large and rough that they scratch my face! and I have owned this product for about a year now and still have one third left of it because I use it about once a month as any more would completely dry out my skin - it leaves it feeling soft and thoroughly cleansed, but I would definitely not recommend this for the face or repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Ocean Salt works well as an exfoliater, but due to the ingredients and large salt granules it can be quite harsh so you have to be gentle with this one. I have sensitive skin and can use this on my face if I'm careful. I like the scent and it does a wonderful job. While I do like it, I won't be buying it again as it always expires before I get to finish it all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Ocean Salt is a lovely exfoliant for the body and face. I absolutely love the scent; its a very unique citrus-y vodka scent. The top layer of the product contains larger granules of salt whereas towards the bottom of the pot, the granules of salt are much more finely milled. I made the mistake of using this on my face, which resulted in an unbearable burning sensation. I removed the product immediately as it was much too harsh and abrasive for my sensitive skin. However, I love using this on my arms and legs. It really smoothens them and makes my skin look and feel great. I would definitely recommend this as a body exfoliant, but would not recommend using this on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.