April 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush's Ocean Salt is a salt scrub for face and body. This exfoliator is made up of fine and coarse sea salt, avocado butter and coconut fat to hydrate, and natural antiseptics like lime juice and vodka to help with acne, blemishes, and blocked pores. Lush says that this scrub is suited for all skin types but is most beneficial for those of us with combo to oily skin. Lush also warns that the salt and citrus in this scrub may be too strong for people with sensitive skin. If you're looking for heavy duty exfoliation from Lush, this product is your best bet, Lush defines it as their "most exfoliating cleanser". I wouldn't even call this a cleanser. I got a little sample of this scrub at the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. This product is available in two sizes; 4.2oz for $19.95, or 8.8oz for $34.95. Not cheap. I believe this product was made in Canada, but I'm not fully sure. Lush is a cruelty free company.
I can't really speak much for Ocean Salt's packaging, as I only have it in a small sample jar, the name half rubbed off. The full size comes in a black plastic tub with a screw on lid. The name of the product and a description can be found on the front of the jar. Because it's a black pot, its included in Lush's awesome recycling program. Bringing in 6 empty black pots earns you a free Fresh Face Mask of your choosing. Anyway, I can't go into any further detail about the packaging. If you've ever seen anything from Lush before it won't excite you, it all looks the same.
Ocean Salt is a pretty seafoam green scrub with a viscous but thin consistency. The main component of Ocean Salt is, not surprisingly, sea salt. The granules vary in size, some miniscule, others quite large. The salt feels really abrasive at first, but the longer you rub the product into your damp skin, the granules get smaller and smaller to the point that they've melted completely away. That's when you know to rinse. Rinsing is no trouble at all, considering most of the product has melted. If you have any fresh acne or other boo boos, Ocean Salt will burn on contact, pretty bad, I speak from experience. And common sense, you know the phrase putting salt in the wound or whatevz. Aside from the terrible, debilitatingly painful burning of getting this stuff on open wounds, Ocean Salt feels pretty calming on the skin. This is actually a pretty mild scrub too, I've been using it every morning with the rest of my normal skin care routine with no irritation.
I've been experiencing some intense acne issues, especially on my chin, and Ocean Salt is really helping me out. The acne is still there, but it's starting to clear up since I integrated Ocean Salt into my morning regimen. I totally believe that it has anti-septic qualities, and is keeping my pimples clean. Aside from helping to heal my disgusting chin acne, this scrub has given me a much softer, smoother complexion. My skin feels happy. Ocean Salt also has also completely removed the a random rough patch on my forehead. Like just this little sample has worked miracles for me. I never expected results like this.
I know I haven't mentioned much about how this product works on the body, that's because I've only used it on my body once, mainly because I was given such a small amount. From what I recall of the one time I used it on my legs and chest, the scrub was nice on the skin, but I prefer something a little more coarse on the body. I think I'll restrict this product to "face only" use, but its totally a matter of personal preference. You know what isn't a matter of preference? The scent. You have to love the way Ocean Salt smells. Clearly, it's a salty, minerally, somewhat oceanic scent, but you can definitely pick up the lemon juice and a slight boozy quality from the vodka. There's just something really refreshing but calming about the scent of Ocean Salt. I really like marine type scents, that probably has something to do with it.
I kinda love Lush's Ocean Salt scrub. Its worked wonders for my recently problematic skin. My disaster area of a chin is clearing up and my forehead is much smoother. Overall my skin seems to really be benefiting from this sea salt scrub. I'm going to be so sad when this sample whens out. Hopefully I'll be about to invest in a full size of this scrub sometime. Even if this scrub wasn't a miracle product (which it really is), I would still like it just because it's pretty to look at and it smells nice. I do agree with Lush that it probably shouldn't be used on sensitive skin, but if you have combo, somewhat acne prone skin, you need Ocean Salt in your life. Next time you go into Lush, ask for a demo of this wonderful product, and don't forget to request a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a facial exfoliator, I would give this a 1. It's far too abrasive for not being that effective - doesn't take away blackheads or unclog pores or resurface the skin - but it's very, very harsh. Scratches away at the sensitive skin of the face. Not recommended at all for facial exfoliation. However, since it can be used on other parts of the body I will give it another lippie. It's far better used as a body exfoliator.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Bayxo

I have purchased this product and literally have used it 3 times. Post buying this product I purchased some products from Clinique that worked better with my skin. The price for the Ocean Lush is expensive due to the quantity they give you. Keep in mind it's meant to exfoliate your face, so you REALLY do need a moisturizer afterwards or your face WILL dry out! It's a product I would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by efendyf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this face/body scrub. I only use it on my face, because I use a different body scrub from Lush in the shower. The first time I used this scrub on my face, I could see and feel the difference. My face felt so smooth, and I saw that I had scrubbed away all of my dead skin cells. The first time I used it was at night, before going to bed. The next morning I noticed that my face had already started to clear up and that I had smaller pores, and less acne. I continued to use this scrub daily, once a day before going to bed, and now my face is absolutely clear. I also noticed that the dark spots that I used to have on my face are completely gone. I love love love this product. I don't even wear make-up during the day anymore because my skin feels so clean and flawless without it.

I highly recommend giving this product a try. Use it often and you will see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

OMG, I luuurve this scrub! I'm a scrub-a-holic and probably scrub my face too often, but at least I get to try new things. I'm really glad I tried this one! The grains in it are kind of big, but a gentle hand goes a long way. I don't find it to sting my eyes, though, as I've seen others have.

After scrubbing my skin is super smooth and much clearer than after other scrubs. The smell is amazing, but beware of it getting in your mouth. It tastes like crap. Lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I would say everyone should atleast try this product once in their life...

it's an amazing facial scrub to be used once a week.. I really recommend it to everyone.. you just have to becareful and not scrub so hard.. just take a little out the pot and with water just rub it around your face, please keep it away from your eyes ( close them!! and only open them until it's all washed off clean) it does sting your eyes so just keep that in mind before you open them before washing it off..

my face does feel softer after using this, I just found it too harsh after a while.. that's why I stopped and looked for other scrubs.. it is a good product i just have sensitive skin and I don't like the salts too much, I prefer sugar. x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I have been using Lush facial products for almost a year and hadn't tried this until now despite it being one of their best sellers! I was really missing out, this scrub is amazing! I like to use it every two days or so depending on how gritty my face feels and how in need of a refresher I am. This helps clean grit right out of my pores and after rising and drying my face, I find my pores even look less noticeable. It also does an incredible job at brightening my face and who can resist the smell? The packaging is typical but I'm really happy to see that it is part of the "return 5 black pots and get a free fresh face mask" deal because I will definitely be using it. One of my new favourite products, will always repurchase from here on out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub is amazing. The consistancy is very nice, it's creamy with some salt for exfoliation. I use it on my elbows, knees, and feet. It exfoliates the skin but it doesn't dry it out. I'm always left with soft smooth skin. It has a nice fresh scent as well, citrusy. I highly recommend this product if you need a good exfoliator for dry areas. By the way, when you first open this, you need to mix it up. there is a layer of salt on the top and I made the mistake of thinking the whole container was salt and used it to scrub my face. It almost tore my skin off. You have to mix it in with the cream base.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by tltharp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Ocean Salt. It is a bit pricey, but you get a lot of product. I am a waitress, so I am around grease a lot; this cleared my face up. It seems so good!! This is my second time buying this

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

This product is now a HG of mine as it is the best exfoliant I have ever used! I use it in the shower after using AOBS and I must say it does wonders for my skin. I personally would not suggest this to someone with sensitive skin as it might be to harsh, but I've never personally considered my skin as overly sensitive. I use this Thursdays and Sundays, once in the morning and once in the night and my skin is so smooth, I will definitely be buying this again.