October 22, 2014 | 948 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Ginger Essence. This fragrance lasts forever and I don't just mean on the skin. I've had a bottle for a couple of years now and it is still fresh. To me, Ginger Essence is the perfect combination of ginger and citrus (bergamot, lemon, and lime). I agree with the other reviewer that this smells just like Philosophy's Gingerbread Man Scrub (which doesn't smell like gingerbread) but Origins came out with their Ginger Essence line first!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2004 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mac84

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent. I have a hard time with perfume because it often "turns" on me. This smells just like the gingerbread man scrub from Philosophy.

It lasts all day on me. It is a warm and cozy fragrance that smells of gingerbread and a little citrus.

I will definitely buy this again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by suemazrn

Not a bad scent but it basically smelled like ginger ale to me. Not unpleasant but definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by superstarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BUY THE BODY SHOP ZINZIBAR EDT INSTEAD.SMELLS BETTER IN MY OPINION (SPICIER SO LESS NAUSEATING)AND IS CHEAPER: 8 FOR 30ML

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kimmer28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite scents. I do wish it had more staying power, but it is such a pleasant, refreshing smell ... almost yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lidiya6

I love this scent. It is spicy and sexy. A male friend commented once that it was one of the only perfumes he had ever liked. (He's married and wasn't giving me a line!) My fiance loves it.

I find it uplifting and relaxing at once. It is a warm scent so I wear it in the winter, but it isn't too heavy in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cherrychick8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it smells really earthy and natural which i like

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

I really love this scent. It's very fresh and subtle. However, it simply does not last for more than an hour - and I even layer it with the Ginger body gloss. I'd say buy the intensified version instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Too spicy and bothered my skin. Will swap this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very light fragrance, and so I go through the bottle quickly compared to other scents. But it's pleasant and light, refreshing citrus and warm ginger, and smells great layered with the body souffle (I like this better than the balm, or lotion in the bottle). Love this in the summer time, and have repurchased twice. Not a breakthrough in fragrances, but a very nice one indeed.