The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 4/15/2007 1:33:00 PM

Bought this on a whim without doing much research first -- I had only heard that Body Shop lip products were good. I wear this every night to bed and I love it! Keeps my lips soft and smooth which makes lipstick application the next day really easy. This Lip Care Stick is not chalky feeling or heavy like other "chapstick" type of products. Smell is okay -- I don't love it but the smell fades fairly quickly after application. I will definitely repurchase when this one runs out.

on 4/10/2007 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great lip balm! It's super emollient and smells absolutely divine. I actually look forward to applying this. As for long-lasting effects, I really don't think you're going to get that from any lip balm. Like moisterizer for skin...it needs to be re-applied.

on 3/19/2007 11:49:00 PM

I love this! My lips were a little rough and this has really softened them up. I saw other reviewers mention that this was just a temporary fix, but I feel an improvement even after it has worn off. It is a little pricey for a lip balm, but I think it's well worth it. Would definitely purchase this again.

on 2/21/2007 9:20:00 PM

I'm on my 3rd tube of these. It's very moisturizing, even in Swedish winter. Love the scent and the creamy texture, especially that subtle sheen it leaves on my lips. Doesn't require a lot of re-applying. But lately it's been like -15 C out and I get the feeling that this freezes over on my lips? It kinda hardens...But it melts with body heat, so I just have to apply it and wait a second or two or keep it in my pant pocket. It is quite pricey for a small thing of lip balm though.

on 2/14/2007 5:58:00 PM

i love this lip balm! usually when i use lip balms my lips get chapped again after i use it, but this one leaves them so smooth even after ive used it. the biggest plus is supporting the fair trade cocoa used in it. I'm already on my third tube :)

A great product with quality ingredients, performs well and is not expensive. Plus, I feel good supporting The Body Shop as opposed to other retailers. This keeps my lips smooth and moisturized, imparts a very pretty, discreet sheen and smells wonderful. I will continue repurchasing without a doubt.

Mmm... smells like cocoa, tastes like cocoa, and softens lips. I'm going to pick up my 3rd tube soon since they were out of stock last time I went. A luxury product for the lips. :)

on 12/25/2006 6:12:00 PM

I bought this lip balm on a whim and loved it. I use Burts Bees all the time and love it. But love this one too. It is very soothing and I love the smell. It seems to make my lips feel more soothed, where the Burts Bees is more tingly. Also great before putting on lipstick. Just ran out and will definitely buy again.

on 12/19/2006 3:13:00 PM

This is a nice stick with a true cocoa scent. It's quite easy to over-apply as it leaves quite a thick film on lips. It is quite moisturizing and I like the way it nourishes my lips in wintertime. However, it isn't that much better than your average lip balm so I wouldn't buy again since it is much much more expensive than many equally good balms.

on 11/13/2006 12:02:00 AM

I have tried sooooo many lip treatments and they always leave my lips more dry then when I didn't use them. Up until using TBS's Cocoa Butter Stick, I could only use vasaline. When vasaline stopped making a portable tube version, I was stuck with transferring vasaline into a little container. I hated to use my fingers on my lips because I always had to wash my hands before I applied the vasaline. Finally, I have found TBS's Cocoa Butter stick and I really like it. It's moisturizing effect stays for a long time and it has just the right amount of slip and shine. I will definitely repurhase this when I run out.

Top Rated Lip Treatments