The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

Probably one of the best lip balms I've ever bought. It goes for $5, but you can pick up 2 for $8. This is the first balm I've had where the texture is creamy -- not slick or slippery (like vaseline) nor waxy nor sticky. It's absolutely perfect. The scent smells exactly like Tootsie Rolls to me, uber-chocolately. That part is just ooookay to me (Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm has the perfect chocolate-vanilla scent, to my nose), but the scent wears off after a while. In any case, this conditions really, really well. It feels more hydrating because of its creamy texture -- if a balm is too slippery, it wears off too soon; if it's too waxy, it's not moisturizing enough. So this texture is the perfect middle ground. And my lips *do* feel more hydrated after it has worn off. If the scent were just a wee bit better, this balm would be absoultely perfect.

A fantastic product! Very emollient, slightly shiny, wonderful taste, wears very well under lipstick. It's one of my absolute HGs that I keep repurchasing and repurchasing. I hope TBS never discontinues this product. I am never without it.

Bought this on a whim without doing much research first -- I had only heard that Body Shop lip products were good. I wear this every night to bed and I love it! Keeps my lips soft and smooth which makes lipstick application the next day really easy. This Lip Care Stick is not chalky feeling or heavy like other "chapstick" type of products. Smell is okay -- I don't love it but the smell fades fairly quickly after application. I will definitely repurchase when this one runs out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great lip balm! It's super emollient and smells absolutely divine. I actually look forward to applying this. As for long-lasting effects, I really don't think you're going to get that from any lip balm. Like moisterizer for skin...it needs to be re-applied.

I love this! My lips were a little rough and this has really softened them up. I saw other reviewers mention that this was just a temporary fix, but I feel an improvement even after it has worn off. It is a little pricey for a lip balm, but I think it's well worth it. Would definitely purchase this again.

I'm on my 3rd tube of these. It's very moisturizing, even in Swedish winter. Love the scent and the creamy texture, especially that subtle sheen it leaves on my lips. Doesn't require a lot of re-applying. But lately it's been like -15 C out and I get the feeling that this freezes over on my lips? It kinda hardens...But it melts with body heat, so I just have to apply it and wait a second or two or keep it in my pant pocket. It is quite pricey for a small thing of lip balm though.

i love this lip balm! usually when i use lip balms my lips get chapped again after i use it, but this one leaves them so smooth even after ive used it. the biggest plus is supporting the fair trade cocoa used in it. I'm already on my third tube :)

A great product with quality ingredients, performs well and is not expensive. Plus, I feel good supporting The Body Shop as opposed to other retailers. This keeps my lips smooth and moisturized, imparts a very pretty, discreet sheen and smells wonderful. I will continue repurchasing without a doubt.

Mmm... smells like cocoa, tastes like cocoa, and softens lips. I'm going to pick up my 3rd tube soon since they were out of stock last time I went. A luxury product for the lips. :)

I bought this lip balm on a whim and loved it. I use Burts Bees all the time and love it. But love this one too. It is very soothing and I love the smell. It seems to make my lips feel more soothed, where the Burts Bees is more tingly. Also great before putting on lipstick. Just ran out and will definitely buy again.

Popular Lip Treatments