April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mmm... smells like cocoa, tastes like cocoa, and softens lips. I'm going to pick up my 3rd tube soon since they were out of stock last time I went. A luxury product for the lips. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by serafina7923

I bought this lip balm on a whim and loved it. I use Burts Bees all the time and love it. But love this one too. It is very soothing and I love the smell. It seems to make my lips feel more soothed, where the Burts Bees is more tingly. Also great before putting on lipstick. Just ran out and will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice stick with a true cocoa scent. It's quite easy to over-apply as it leaves quite a thick film on lips. It is quite moisturizing and I like the way it nourishes my lips in wintertime. However, it isn't that much better than your average lip balm so I wouldn't buy again since it is much much more expensive than many equally good balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LLeechok

I have tried sooooo many lip treatments and they always leave my lips more dry then when I didn't use them. Up until using TBS's Cocoa Butter Stick, I could only use vasaline. When vasaline stopped making a portable tube version, I was stuck with transferring vasaline into a little container. I hated to use my fingers on my lips because I always had to wash my hands before I applied the vasaline. Finally, I have found TBS's Cocoa Butter stick and I really like it. It's moisturizing effect stays for a long time and it has just the right amount of slip and shine. I will definitely repurhase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 4:21:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Love this as i do loads of TBS lipsticks.This has a gentle cocoa taste is a light texture on the lips with a little bit of shine .This also has really good ingridients like chamomile,cocoa butter and antioxidants as well

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MeganAirmet

Okay, so you have got to like the smell of chocolate if you are going to buy this. The smell/taste is strong (and fairly artificial). This was not a bad product. The product does stay on your lips longer than standard chapstick. But the effect does not last. Once it has worn off, your lips are just the same old same ole. Not a "healing" product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by oohbarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells sooooo yummy and feels really nice. The cocoa butter keeps my lips soft and moisturized for a long time. I love balms that are in chapstick form, so this was a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Sleepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend usually grimaces and bellyaches about how "awful" my lip balms/glosses taste, so on a whim today I bought this balm. I figured it smells yummy and doesn't seem to contain as much things I can't pronounce as my other lip stuff, and it's relatively cheap compared to the ~$20 I plunk down for that stuff so why not?

So glad I did. It smells delicious and doesn't taste obnoxious, plus it makes my lips look like they're naturally perfect. I would've liked it more if it wasn't in such a Chapstick-y tube, but it's more hygienic and it's small enough to just tuck it in your pocket when you're in a hurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by xobabygurl66xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just go this because of the great reviews here. I needed a nice lip balm and even though this was a bit pricey (actually, very pricey) for lip balm that was the size of a regular chap stick tube, it's totally worth it. It smells so good, like a hot/or cold cocoa drink. It glides on and leaves just the slightest bit of shine. I'll probably purchase this again when I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 10:33:00 AM More reviews by DaiBMui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This glides on like a dream, seriously not waxy at all! It's super emollient and moisturizes better than anything I've ever used; leaves my lips petal soft. HG! While I do like the smell, I really wish they'd make one without fragrance (gets tiring after a while) and with SPF. It comes in a regular chapstick tube which is great, more hygienic & less messy than in a pot.